HMSHost Employee Reviews

Found 1,285 reviews matching the search See all 1,515 reviews
Great experince. Awsome staff. Safe and clean enviorment.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2018
Overall working with the company Hms Host. I learned alot . I gained new methods. Meet friendly and helpful staff. Clean and a safe enviorment. It was a great and amazing experince.
Face Pace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2018
HMS Host Mangers Are Helpful When They Want To Be , I want to leave because I feel like I’m always getting picked on and they talk to you like you don’t have any feelings
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Short breaks, Rude Mangers, Food takes a long time to get
Worst place to work at
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJuly 18, 2018
Hms host is ran by the most disgusting, appalling and power hungry people. I swear, I worked at this job for six months and it drove me crazy. You get no say so in your schedule ( they are ALWAYS short of staff) which they try to blame on you. & even if your availability changes they will ignore your requests to change it sometimes they would even walk away from you while I was talking or say that they are busy even if they aren’t. The mangers treat you like it’s not their job to deal with you or they are too good to communicate anything. These people are FLAT OUT disrespectful & the management is so unorganized. Really it’s like being in Highschool if you don’t kiss behind your a nobody to them & they’ll harass you about dumb stuff. When they make mistake they cover it up to try to look good but if you do they put you on the spot and talk about you to EVERYBODY even in front of customers. Management only follow procedures when they are being watched. It’s just sad and they don’t care. You can not grow in this environment and this is a place where it’s literally always something. They are so fake stuck up and weird it’s a shame. Worst job ever. ( James Cooper Plaza location )
Pros
12$ in lunch
Cons
Unorganized, inconsiderate, lousy management, rude
Very fast paced. Must get work done
Cook (Former Employee) –  Pattersonville-Rotterdam Junction, NYJuly 17, 2018
It was a very fast paced place to work at. You had to make sure you were always on your A game to work at a place like this. The people there were very friendly and outgoing.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
People were rude sometimes
Really wonderful place to have been a part of.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 17, 2018
Wonderful ppl. Well I was made to feel at home after coming back to the work force. Was in tears when I could no longer be part of the Host family. Wow
Do not. Work here
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 17, 2018
Management do not work as a team , they don’t care about the customer as well , they don’t schudule enough people, stores are dirty , lots of complains everyday
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor management
Beautiful,fun and productive active
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 17, 2018
comfortable place to work good employees the staffing perfectThe porter cleaner was fun the janitor maintence was quite eciting every day and night when asked to perform work duties and flexible hours.
Pros
good company
Cons
excellent place of buissness
Wouldn't recommend them
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 17, 2018
Was was a great and productive worker, Always went above and beyond what was asked of me.Always gave quality and excellent food for the customers.Made sure things was fast and accurate.
HMSHOST needs to seattle int'l airport...
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAJuly 17, 2018
this company is killing their employee. under pay. seriously. they only 90% out of the minimum wage in seatac airport. overwork less pay. not recomended to work. the only good in this company they good insurance. everthing else.. well lets just say good luck.. i work as a supervisor here. but i wasn't supervising the employee. i was an errand boy here. i mean you do everything. i mean everthing. coz you don't see manager. they are in there warm set in the office
Pros
etc
Cons
break
Cooking training
Training shift (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 16, 2018
I work every day at 6 am from 4 pm at night I learning cooking and make breakfast with us after that I check all the kitchen
the management is very good
Pros
free lunch and drink
Cons
short
Crazy Place
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2018
I worked for a restaurant within the company in the Atlanta Airport. From the opening there was unorganized views of what employees should know and policies to follow. Lack of care for the employees.
poor managment
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Penns Grove, NJJuly 13, 2018
HMS host is a very poor managed place, you are taken advantage there and they do not appreciate anything you do for them, they have no set schedule so you will never have the same days off, they use people.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks, no set schedule
Hms host is a good job for first time workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJJuly 12, 2018
Hms was a good job for me to learn to work with more customers and move a little bit more faster than other jobs. Hms host was a job for you to actually get your communication skills up.
Terrible work place
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Stanton, PAJuly 12, 2018
Working on the turnpike is terrible in itself. Managers take crucial information employees give them and it goes in one ear and out the other. They do nothing about being harassed or target in the workplace. They do nothing about employees breaking workplace rules. If you suck up enough you can get paid to not even do your job!
Pros
Cons
Stressful, understaffed, managers, hours, coworkers
Very fast paced environment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJuly 11, 2018
Hard work pays off in this particular industry, Learning how to multitask is key and good people skills will take you a long way. Working as team helps the company meet sales goals.
fun places to work with a 10 dollars coupon to eat
Cashier & Food Preparation (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA 18106July 11, 2018
a typical day consisted in meeting customers needs. Cleaning as you go and always try to keep yourself busy. one of the most fun part was making pizzas for customers.
Very fast paced but not terrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Somerset, PAJuly 11, 2018
You're working on the turnpike so of course you're going to be busy. Just stay calm and keep your customers as happy as you can and you'll get through it. The job really isn't that bad but you have to keep a good attitude while being there.
Not a horrible horrible job, but contains a lot of drama sometimes
Cook/cashier at Sbarro (Current Employee) –  Clifton Springs, NYJuly 10, 2018
Management isn’t the best, and it depends on who you are working with, but the work itself isn’t horrible. Sometimes customers can be rude, but you’ll find that anywhere. It is a very faced place working environment, so keep that in mind, it can get stressful at times, but overall, it isn’t that bad.
Pros
free lunch up to $10, it’s easy to joke with managers and associates.
Cons
schedule comes out last minute, managers don’t always keep employees on task, some associates at difficult to work with
Good Benefits
Bartender (Current Employee) –  HawaiiJuly 9, 2018
This job is a great place to work at because it has many good benefits such as medical, dental, and 401K. I would recommend this job to anyone because its union and there is a lot of room for advancement.
im enjoying my job here
Store attendant (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 7, 2018
i think even though its kinda hard at times specially if its busy hours and we have a lot of customers atleast im enjoying to work with my workmates and im happy to meeting and greeting all our customers and giving them their orders and getting their payments.
Pros
free $15 for lunch meals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HMSHost. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight