HMSHost Employee Reviews

Found 1,406 reviews matching the search See all 1,658 reviews
Fair paying
Host Marriott Services (Former Employee) –  NjDecember 7, 2018
You work very hard for only$8 per hour.and other people walking around and they get $20 just because they are there for years. No weekends or holidays.
social environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Golden, CODecember 3, 2018
This job was great for a person who likes to be social and meet new people. If you don't like talking to people then this isn't a job for you. HMS host is food services for malls, airports and big areas that have food courts.
It was a good job to get my foot in at the airport
Barista (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 1, 2018
I loved this job cause it helped me build my customer service skills, helped me learn how to be a team leader. I enjoyed working at a fast paced environment and I also loved my managers!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
Hated it
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 30, 2018
I was so motivated to work at first i liked it but then they started firing other superviaor and the gm quit cuz of the kaos and drama there i was it got to me. I was working double shift sometimes and we have to work until the last flight left so if i openedat 4am like i did once i left one day at 11 pm i did a double and never got nothing on it but called a cry baby for asking for a day off. So i put in my 2 week notice and i left it was to much work for such little pay to kill myself for a company that doesnt care gor there employee.
Cons
No help for the burgerking in rsw airport worse experience ever
management no good
Storekeeper, Delivery (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 30, 2018
Management possibly racist, just be careful. I was doing a really great job and was told that by my supervisor in the warehouse. But for some reason higher management would find things to constantly get on me about. One time resulting in a write up, after only being employed 3 weeks, for something a senior employee had done! I cried I went to management and I still was held responsible. I was told I should have went to the union, I did not. Although I probably should have, because it resulted in me quitting.
Cons
management
wonderful work enviornment
lead (Current Employee) –  Hunker, PANovember 29, 2018
I loved my job, i wish i could go back! Everyone was friendly. schedulues were very good, free food every shift, just in all a wonderful expierence!!!
Pros
free food
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 29, 2018
Cafe la Madeleine is the place where I learn about customer service and importance of team work. We had to deal with thousands of customer in daily basis but having a good members in the team it was easy and more fun. Also, understanding feature of supervisor helps us to accomplish all the goals which is most essentially satisfying the customers. It might be a environment of the La Medeleine that built my skills and ability to deal with customer or individuals. Therefore, I will always be greatful of working with HMSHost inc.
productive fast pace enviroment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 28, 2018
hms was the best company i have ever worked for. i loved the flexible shifts, a typical day would be to clock in and start setting up starbucks for the morning,brewing coffee,setting up the tea,sauces,flavors for all the drinks.I learned how become a team player and work well with others in a fast pace environment.
Pros
great location access to light rail, free lunch, and great training!
Very nice place to work
Customers service's, cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 28, 2018
It's nice to work on the airport.its fully secured by TSA,the job was nice because its customer service which I get reacted to people.growing communication skills rapid.
Pros
Paid break
Cons
No paid launch
Crazy never ending days
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 26, 2018
A typical day working for HMSHost started before the sun came up and ended as the sun was going down. Lots of call outs with barely any repercussions from management. Responsible and reliable employees are definitely taken advantage of and overworked. LOTS of overtime. It was fun while it lasted but leaving the company was best for me.
Pros
One free meal, fun people to work with
Cons
mandatory OT that you dont know about until youre working it
productive and organized
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 19, 2018
It was very productive, motivating, and a happy environment. Through out the years it has taught me both Leading and life skills. I've not only become a better supervisor but also a better version of myself
Pros
Free Food
I grew up there as a supervisor
Warehouse/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 19, 2018
i leard so much
payroll accounting
placing orderrs and all
i was just a kid ritgh off high school when they gave me the oportunity of a life time for me that its
HMS Host (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 19, 2018
This was by far my most stressful place of work. You have to be fast, good customer service and make sure you don't messed up the customers orders because they need to catch a flight or they dnt have to missed their flights. but overall it was a good job. Good coworkers and managers.
Pros
overtime pay was great
Cons
it was hot
Great job atmosphere great pay
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 18, 2018
Great company to work for. Great atmosphere to work in . Staff are very friendly. Managers were helpful. Great paying job. Flexible schedules. Upbeat atmosphere.
Pros
Great oay
Cons
N a
It is an okay place to work
Retail Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CANovember 16, 2018
Our day is pretty well at a relaxed pace. you get all kinds of people coming in to purchase items. You have to learn to deal with people different kinds of attitudes. I love during lottery. You must be able to keep areas cleaned and stocked
Fast paced not for everyone
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYNovember 15, 2018
I was too young to be in the supervisor position that I was in. I was working 80+ hours a weeks managing a whole store by myself at 21 and I couldn’t handle it for very long. I had to drop out of college because I couldn’t make both work. They are always understaffed and everyone there is over worked.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not enough pay for the work you have to do
It was definitely an experience
Chick Fil A/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2018
I would not say my experience with HMS host was terrible. it was unorganized. My store specifically was very unorganized. But a lot was expected of me. I was paid as a cashier, but i was expected to bad food cashier and sometimes lead the shift. I had all the roles of a supervisor except have the badge and ability to handle money for other cashiers. I was asked to be promoted near the ending of my time with HMS host to supervisor but I was leaving and under the circumstances of my promotion, it wouldnt have been right.
Invest on Management
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 13, 2018
HOST is a great place to work for they invest on their own people. Send you training on how to be successful in your field at the same time they hold you accountable.
Pros
Great training and Benefits
Cons
Staffing its hard due to Airport Environment
If you like drama work here
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 12, 2018
Hmshost lies to get you in Saying there union and they offer benefits after your probation No manager here is on the same page in the concept NO ONE !
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Have to wait 6 months for benefits
full of fun
BARISTA/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 12, 2018
HMSHOST is a great company to work for. They offer many benefits from the education reimbursement program, flex time option, free meals and diversity. Upper management care and invest in the associates, they don’t treat you like a number, human first and thats
evident in their unlocking engagement training program!

meeting great people from all over the world . the workplace culture was enjoyable people friendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HMSHost. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight