HMSHost Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,275 reviews matching the search See all 1,505 reviews
Crazy Place
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2018
I worked for a restaurant within the company in the Atlanta Airport. From the opening there was unorganized views of what employees should know and policies to follow. Lack of care for the employees.
poor managment
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Penns Grove, NJJuly 13, 2018
HMS host is a very poor managed place, you are taken advantage there and they do not appreciate anything you do for them, they have no set schedule so you will never have the same days off, they use people.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks, no set schedule
Hms host is a good job for first time workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJJuly 12, 2018
Hms was a good job for me to learn to work with more customers and move a little bit more faster than other jobs. Hms host was a job for you to actually get your communication skills up.
Terrible work place
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Stanton, PAJuly 12, 2018
Working on the turnpike is terrible in itself. Managers take crucial information employees give them and it goes in one ear and out the other. They do nothing about being harassed or target in the workplace. They do nothing about employees breaking workplace rules. If you suck up enough you can get paid to not even do your job!
Pros
Cons
Stressful, understaffed, managers, hours, coworkers
Very fast paced environment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJuly 11, 2018
Hard work pays off in this particular industry, Learning how to multitask is key and good people skills will take you a long way. Working as team helps the company meet sales goals.
fun places to work with a 10 dollars coupon to eat
Cashier & Food Preparation (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA 18106July 11, 2018
a typical day consisted in meeting customers needs. Cleaning as you go and always try to keep yourself busy. one of the most fun part was making pizzas for customers.
Very fast paced but not terrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Somerset, PAJuly 11, 2018
You're working on the turnpike so of course you're going to be busy. Just stay calm and keep your customers as happy as you can and you'll get through it. The job really isn't that bad but you have to keep a good attitude while being there.
Not a horrible horrible job, but contains a lot of drama sometimes
Cook/cashier at Sbarro (Current Employee) –  Clifton Springs, NYJuly 10, 2018
Management isn’t the best, and it depends on who you are working with, but the work itself isn’t horrible. Sometimes customers can be rude, but you’ll find that anywhere. It is a very faced place working environment, so keep that in mind, it can get stressful at times, but overall, it isn’t that bad.
Pros
free lunch up to $10, it’s easy to joke with managers and associates.
Cons
schedule comes out last minute, managers don’t always keep employees on task, some associates at difficult to work with
Good Benefits
Bartender (Current Employee) –  HawaiiJuly 9, 2018
This job is a great place to work at because it has many good benefits such as medical, dental, and 401K. I would recommend this job to anyone because its union and there is a lot of room for advancement.
im enjoying my job here
Store attendant (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 7, 2018
i think even though its kinda hard at times specially if its busy hours and we have a lot of customers atleast im enjoying to work with my workmates and im happy to meeting and greeting all our customers and giving them their orders and getting their payments.
Pros
free $15 for lunch meals
Overworked and Constantly Stressed
Starbucks Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2018
The brand of Starbucks is usually thought of to be a fun environment and a pleasant place to work. With HMShost, the brand is actually very chaotic. The location I worked at was constantly understaffed which caused everyone to be overworked. I often was forced to run my shift with two people including myself. This was the hardest portion of the job because I have work throughout my break because my manager would be questioned if I showed up on the no break log.
Pros
free lunch, health care
Cons
understaffed, under paid
I didn't want to leave the airport
wait staff, host/bus tables (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 6, 2018
My boyfriend got sick and I couldn't get a medical leave. I don't know what else to say about his cancer except I was the only one that could go with him every day.
Pros
free lunch, breaks
Cons
going thru check security check ppoint every day
Was stressful but the people meant well. Just a bad area and some bad higher ups.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  South Amboy, NJJuly 5, 2018
I dreaded going to work and will never work in the fast food industry ever again because of my experience. Management didn’t pay attention to workers who weren’t doing their job or vice versa.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Okay
Team Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 3, 2018
They just through you to the water without explaining what you are suppose to do if yo work at the local in the airport. Some managers have a smart attitude.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad pay
thanks
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 30, 2018
working with hmshost is something else the job its cool no problems there its just the mangers that make it hard when they bring there problems to the place of business...when they boss get on there head about them doing something wrong they take it out on the workers which make people nt wanna work there anymore
The environment was stressful, the airport what constantly chaotic
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2018
The airport was chaotic, there was inconsistency in management and
constant turnover. Workers were moved from station to station causing tension within the work group.
Pros
Paid meal on shift
Cons
constant management turnover
Disgusting
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Penns Grove, NJJune 29, 2018
Management is a joke, theyll work you full time one week and then part time next week so you dont qualify for benefits. They expected me to be trained in several concepts with no extra compensation. Everyone calls out with no consequences and everyone is late
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Whole job is a joke
Poor Management
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 29, 2018
Management is overworked and has difficulty communicating with staff. There is a constant revolving door in the Portland location and the staff fight with each other.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
entering the airport
Flexible hours
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLJune 28, 2018
Flexible hours but direct management doesnt solve problems in the store between employees. Some senior employees are allowed to slack off while others work hard.
Pros
Half priced lunch, 30 minute breaks, opportunities to move up
Cons
Managment plays favorites
Productive and Fun work place
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2018
The company promotes growth and mentor ship. If you're willing to learn they are willing to teach. They have provided on the job training and have sent me to further my education in my department. Overall i love the company and hoping i can further my career with Host. If that is not possible at this time I'm sure in the future.
Pros
Free Lunch, Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HMSHost. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight