HNTB Corporation
63Average

HNTB Corporation Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA10 reviews
High pressure company
I was at HNTB for a short period of time. The work was very interesting, but I worked sixty hours weeks for most of the time I was there. All overtime was paid and they are a generous employer.
Pros
Interesting work, trips to headquarters
Cons
High pressure, too much overtime
Fun
It is a fun place to work and very challenging. Colleagues are always willing to help and senior management are very helpful in career growth. I will recommend people to work for this company.
Not a place of choice
HNTB has race discrimination issues, if you look Caucasian you are probably fine, otherwise good luck. Business relies on old systematic process, only few young employees were working with me in a 300 employees office.
Nice place to work or so I thought
I was contacted by HNTB for a lead IT position which I accepted.
After minimal training I picked up on the job quickly and performed exceptionally. I was placed in a lead position over employees which had more time on the job than I did which created its own issues but with a few compromises and some discussions worked itself out fine.

After 4-5 months of solid work and many happy customers, without warning I was let go from the job with the excuse "I did not fit the company culture". Please let me know how one should react to that excuse? Not even one opportunity to adjust or try to resolve this issue which I didn't even know existed. I even assisted management with work on my days off. Turn your work phone OFF on the weekends if you are not scheduled to work!
Pros
Free leftovers after the elite finish
Cons
Beware of going above and beyond to please management, your job is NOT secure even if you do exceptional work.
Long hours, no work/life balance
Working long hours are expected however, overtime is offered. Too much overtime is not helped by compensation. My manager was awesome, but the higher ups, not so much. The manager you have can really enhance or restrict your experience. Advancement is very slow and there are a lot of office politics to navigate. I had virtually no work/life balance. On a daily basis, I saw behaviors that contradicted the company's mission.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Good for self motivators, fairly stressful culture. Pay well
National Infrastructure Engineering company with good benefits. Stressful atmosphere. Work with team and must be able to work on own. New hire incentives for current employees.
Overworked, under promoted
If you do a good job, they keep you in that position and overcompensate you so that you can't leave. High turn over, but good benefits. Company does good work, but overworks staff.
Great to work for
Great company to work for. a lot of friendly people that will help you get started. they want to see you move up in your career. the benefits are great.
Pros
the people
Cons
n/a
Overall positive experience
Pros
-Very successful at winning projects leading to lots of opportunities

Cons

-Focus on sales can seem to outweigh delivery
Needs better management
Some managers are good. Some managers don't deserve to be managers.