HNTB Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very good benefits and pay
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 13, 2018
12 years of great projects and electrical people and clients. Field opportunities and employee taught educational meeting, Multiple fields of engineering, construction assistance on really cool huge projects, i had a great department manager and smart staff.
What I learned
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 26, 2018
This is (an I am sure most companies) nurtures a cut-throat environment. There is no support from management and if you are a manager that cares about their subordinates they will get rid of you fast.
Pros
Pay
Great People!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 17, 2018
Genuinely nice, knowledgeable, and generous people at HNTB. Every office I've worked out of has been top-notch and their benefits are beyond reproach.
Benefits
Great co workers
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 1, 2018
You are given the opportunity to advance and excel in your position. Offices are geographic so working across offices is a challenge. Benefits are good and people are friendly.
good place to work
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 14, 2018
Triage, prioritize and resolve incoming incidents & service requests tickets and building the knowledge base through submission of knoweldge articles.
Perform hardware imaging and equipment deployment coordination, including with Cost Optimization group, Verian input, lease pickup process, and coordination with end-users.
Performs software installs as part of troubleshooting/problem resolution, as well as the lease/replacement hardware build process.
Performs basic hardware, software, network troubleshooting of moderate scope and complexity.
Answers incoming support phone calls from customers.
Responsible for local office move logistics (physically moving the equipment, setup, etc.).
Allocation breakdown may fluctuate due to business demands.
n/a
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 9, 2018
Answering phones, processing expense reports for company officers, train employees on how to complete expense reports, submitting accounts payable items to AP department on a weekly basis, assist company officers with the scheduling of travel, schedule monthly project reviews, manage the scheduling of conference rooms and assist in the use of audio/visual equipment in conference rooms, ensure County and City Business License are up to date, maintain inventory of office supplies and stationary for company and employees, coordinating with vendors, such as ABC imaging and Iron Mountain, catering of office meetings, overseeing the use and maintenance of fleet vehicles, maintain filing system, preparing and sending packages, distributing mail and assisting the office manager or employees with general administrative tasks.
Pros
Esop
Excellent Company to work for
Construction Manager/ Resident Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 7, 2018
Excellent company to work for. Management is different from Division to Division.GREAT learning environment for those who wish to learn and excel in their chosen career paths.
Find a different place to work
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 5, 2018
I worked here for 6 months. Management involvement was minimal, training was subpar and the team I was a part of wasn't open to outsiders joining their group. The Momma hen mentality needs to go, and every voice matters. The organization needs to set up a training program for new employees that is quality and is mission and organization oriented. The training I was given was definitely grade school quality and there were no tools or resources that helped me perform better.

The salary for a contract specialist is well below the industry standard and there are no certifications that are necessary. This is no way to develop a CS specialist cadre with quality and certified credentials.

I would never go back because I felt like an outsider the entire time I worked there. There was no cohesion unless you were one of the old timers or a backside kisser. Management needs to get involved instead of sitting in their office all week and only showing up on a Friday at 3
Pros
Free lunches every so often, cool building
Cons
Severe lack of training and poor management involvement, inflated job titles
HNTB is one of the best places to work in Kansas City
Senior SharePoint Architect (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 27, 2018
They provided a secure and functional work environment that went by industry leading standards in every aspect. The management there was beyond committed to the every day success of their employees.
Good 'ol boys only
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 14, 2018
Promotions and upper management positions are only filled by the good 'ol boys. Individuals with no business being in management are promoted and qualified persons are passed over
HNTB Review
Senior Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2018
HNTB is a fast-paced infrastructure solutions company. The overall environment is friendly; however, depending on the particular group you are working with will determine your individual experience.
Great place to intern!
Structural Engineering Intern, Bridge Group (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 25, 2018
all the other engineers were super supportive and had a great voice for teaching and mentoring me to be a better engineer. I learned a lot about the process of bridge design and got some good hands-on experience with design and inspection.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
not great variety in work, depends on what jobs they get over the summer
Good company with good local people
Trans. CEI Mngr and Area Leader for SW Fl Region (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 22, 2018
Large company focused on stockholders. Primary business line is design, so other business practices have to struggle to get noticed and prioritized. But a good company.
Great Engineering company in KC
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 19, 2018
My main issue was the location as it was in downtown KC. The culture is interesting as it is a consulting firm thus you had to justify everything you did.
Pros
Projects
Cons
Landscape Architect (Architect-in-charge) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2018
The best part of working at HNTB was the trust and autonomy they invested in you. Next was the amount they spent on training you to fulfill your obligations to yourself and to your client. A typical day at work for me would involve either working on design problems for projects at hand or assisting with getting new projects into contracts. Workplace culture was very collaborative and cooperative - it was normal for people to work across office boundaries, whether instate or between states.
Great experience
Track inspector (Current Employee) –  WamataJanuary 16, 2018
Great job with good people. I want to branch out with a new company,looking for more income. Still in great shape and ready to go. I like training young inspectors.
Pros
Easy to work with, teem player.
Cons
I have my own health care, I retired, but can't just fish and work in the yard.
Friendly productive and supportive work environment
Technical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 16, 2018
HNTB creates a great work environment regardless of client resources. Customer Service and the culture of exceeding expectations was obvious from management and across the work force.
Easy Place to work at
CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 2, 2018
When I started to work here I only knew how to work with the original AutoCAD, Through here I learned how to work with AutoCAD Civil. All staff are very knowledgeable and always up to help with any questions you trow at them.
Desktop Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Ocoee, FLDecember 22, 2017
One of the fastest growing and most profitable Engineering firms in our area. A great company to work for and a great place to advance your career as an engineer.
Pros
Huge growth potential, a winning environement, great management
Cons
Minimal growth opportunities in I.T.
People Interact with each other irrespective of their positions in the company.
Sr. Inspector (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTDecember 10, 2017
A good place to work, where individuals are given a free hand to perform their duties unless someone comes across a situation where he needs to consult or needs approval to go ahead.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HNTB Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss