Ho-Chunk, Inc.

Ho-Chunk, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States36 reviews
Busy on load days,slower but still productive off days, cleaning store &laundromatand parking lot help to keep busy and high turn over rate can add more incentives to try and keep workers
Pros
Busy days
Cons
Busy days trying to do to much sometimes
It was mostly fun but are racist. Low pay. Their saying is white slaves that work for pennies. If you needed time off they would 98% give. Good vacation time
Pros
Fun
This job is great, everyone treats everyone with respect its like a big family. The management is fair and they really look out for you, and they work with you in emergency situations. Overall great company
Pros
Great Company Overall
Cons
My favorite employer I've had over other companies I've worked for. Felt like family and was very content working for Ho-Chunk. Wasn't to happy with the pay for housekeeping and went able to get a raise during the 2yrs working here due to all they factor in that counts against you call-ins anytime a person is late to work or you have emergency and have to go during a your working hours.
Horrible place to work!!! Backstabbers and lie to your face. No help to learn your job. Only criticize your work. Don't care about you at all. Would never recommend this place.
Pros
Cons
The whole place.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
It's a good and friendly place to work. I'm always feeling confortable while cleaning and they provide us the correct stuff. They also respect the time.
Liked working there. it was a good place to work. I liked working with all the different staff that worked there and I worked there for a number of years.
Good place to work. The work life balance isn't bad. I do not have many complaints about my time there, but the company does have areas of improvement that need to be addressed.
Working there was a good experience for me now that I have the experience to work in the convenience store industry because of the little bit of time experience
Accounting department transitioned from corporate site in Winnebago and there has been plenty of work and challenges along the way. People are friendly. There are monthly birthday celebrations and plenty of coffee to keep you awake and productive.
Worked in Government training facility Day to day work was challenging and a mixture of physical and office work. required Security clearance and background checks lots of travel.
Going to work was always something to look forward too. I do not think there was a single day I woke up saying, “I don’t want to go to work today.” It was always a great time!
Working with other departments to maintain quality output is nearly impossible when staff would rather have passive aggressive tantrums than help fix the issue.
Ho chunk inc is fine, it's the pony express division that needs reorganized! No leadership, no direction and run by a bunch of clowns. I would run if pony express is hiring. High turnover everywhere and relatives hired to run things is issues with nepotism, hence the high turnover pattern. Managers are micromanaged and nothing gets accomplished. Unless your family, issues will occur. Heed my advise, stay away from pony express stores as they are not worth your time.
High turn over due to terrible management and unreasonable expectations with no regard to home or medical emergencies . All about themselves unless you are their family or friends..
Ho-chunk allowed for me to grow and learn in all aspects of the business world. I always felt that I was a part of the team. Ho-chunk’s business portfolio has so many different industries tied into one, it is easy to find an area you enjoy being a part of.
typical day at work isn't as busy as you would think of it to be. although in the beginning when you first start working here it great until you start working hard and show effort. if your white you get picked on a lot and treated differently from others that are native or are married to a native.
Pros
paid every week
Cons
a lot of favoritism
Exciting and dynamic company working to better the lives of the Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska. Due to the diversity of company offerings, provides an excellent opportunity to learn about all types of businesses from retail, wholesale, construction, marketing and government contracting.
Pros
Autonomy to make decisions and execute for your division
Cons
Communication could be better between divisions
They never promote from within they always get some BS outsider that has no prior experience that comes in for a year and wants to change everything! Could be a really fun job but you are always talked down on about how you are not doing something right. All the things you are good at and excel at will never be mentioned just the negative. Pay is great and they will remind you about that everyday. "You're paid a lot for what you actually do." Do yourself a favor and stay away.
Pros
good pay
Cons
negative atmosphere
This was one of the worst companies I've ever worked for. I don't even put them on my resume, because I don't even want to be associated. Management is by far the biggest issue for the company. I wouldn't waste my time with this company AT ALL. The turnover rate is high for a reason.
Cons
Management, Negative work environment
Very poor management, shift manager was upset it took him 8 years to get in the position he was in as a shift manager... Didn't like the idea that I was being promoted with 15 days of my employment to shift manager as well.. made up lies and got me fired for no reason
Pros
Fair every summer
Cons
Very high turnover rate
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ho-Chunk, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.