Hoag Health System
View all Hoag Health System reviews

Hoag Health System

Hoag Health System RN Staff Nurse Review

Work hard

This is a magnet hospital with nothing short of it for expectations. I've learned a great deal while working here and it's made me an amazing knowledgeable nurse while unlocking so many doors for me. The people, environment, equipment and management are amazing, but you will work hard for your money and you will be held to the highest of standards. The patient demographics are also very particular due to hospital location.

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Same roleSame location

Great workplace

Hoag is a great place to work at. There is always amazing teamwork. There is usually adequate resources to carry out your job, but you pay the price with lower pay. PTO is easy to request and use.

Official response from Hoag Health System

January 10, 2023
Thank you, we appreciate your feedback and review! At Hoag, we consider ourselves a family and it is wonderful to hear that it has offered you a collaborative environment to grow and develop. We strive to create an environment where our staff can succeed with their peers. Thank you for sharing your story!
Same roleSame location

Facility is nice

Pay is low especially for being in Newport. Patients and their families are demanding, and the higher ups support and enable mistreatment of nurses and aides in order to meet patient satisfaction surveys. Thus, causing burnout and low moral in nurses. Constantly micromanaging without support.

Official response from Hoag Health System

January 10, 2023
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. At Hoag, we pride ourselves on investing in our employees. We focus on keeping our benefits and compensation packages competitive with other local healthcare organizations. Our team actively seeks new and improved ways to better care for our employees, so your feedback is valued! If you have deeper concerns you wish to share with our team, please Contact Us: https://www.hoag.org/contact-us/
Same location

What is the best part of working at the company?The anesthesia md’sWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The manager of PACU, the culture of fear, the “mean girl” mentality What is the work environment and culture like at the company?FEAR, retribution, finger pointing, MONEY MONEY MONEY from donorsWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?I would get a call as I was arriving 2-3x/week to go home but not be on call and not be off just wait to see if I was needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hoag Health System. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

4.8
InHerSight Score
4.8Personal Development
4.7Career Opportunities
4.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight