Hoag Hospital Newport Beach Employee Reviews

4.5
Ratings breakdown
professional, collaborative.
Palliative Care Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 20, 2018
Support to patients and families with serious illness and end of life concerns. Worked in outpatient and inpatient Palliative Care with patients facing serious illness.
great people, hard and stressful work for the money
Clinical Nurse I - Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMarch 21, 2018
stressful, poor upper management, but great teamwork and collaboration. Hoag nurses dont get paid nearly enough for what they do. hardest part of the job was the stress and lack of help
Pros
good people
Cons
stressful, low pay
Medical Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Hoag was a amazing place to work they were so good to me and that is the reason I was a loyal employee for so many years. Unfortunately my son became gravely ill and I had to relocate or I would still be there today.
Pros
Great place, friendly people
Cons
Great work environment with amazing staff
Patient Sitter (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 3, 2017
My typical day at work would either be on the floors or in the ED sitting in a chair to watch over my patient that I'm assigned to for the day. The patients I watch are mainly Psychiatric, Suicidal, ETOH's and Gravely disabled. I make sure they don't hurt themselves or others, or fall. I also help them with their everyday routines if well enough.
As a sitter, I have leaned how patients react to drugs, alcohol and whatever ailments they may have. Working in a hospital has taught me a lot about patience and how to react to certain situations in order to make the patient feel more at ease and calm about what they are going through. The best part about my job is taking care of them at their worst and seeing them a couple weeks or months fully rehabilitated and well. The hardest part of the job would honestly have to be being hit or called names. That all comes with the job and its how you react to that situation is what makes all the difference. Management is great, I got along with everyone and they were very professional when it came to their employees and the patients.
Pros
Consistent work hours
Cons
Not always getting appropriate reports
Great place to work, amazing staff
Relief charge nurse, part-time staff RN (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 24, 2017
I have been at Hoag Hospital for 13 years now and I still enjoy working there very much. The critical care unit I work in is very tight knit and I feel very supported in my nursing role there. The physicians are very receptive and there is a team atmosphere that is encouraging.
Pros
A lot of perks: annual bonus, gifts throughout the year, and a good reputation
Cons
The pay could be more competitive
internship
Clinical Care Extender (Former Employee) –  irvine caOctober 20, 2015
it was great to have an intern position. I was able to learn at a young age what field in health care I wanted to pursue. The online application process isn't as up to date as other hospitals.
Pros
organized
Cons
not paid
Intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CaApril 2, 2014
I was an intern at Hoag Hospital. I feel that i gained much experience and lots of training that helped prepare me for my shifts in a hospital setting. I was adequately prepared for real life situations and never did I feel as if there was a task I could not handle. Of course being an intern I never had a salary but I was definitely paid with knowledge.
Pros
Free beverages after shifts