Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian Employee Reviews

I was the only Romanian on the floor and I "payed" for this,with rumors behind my back
Clerical coordinator (Former Employee) –  4 EastSeptember 13, 2018
Over all a great place to work.
But the differences between cultures were overwhelming.
The director doesn't know what really happens on the floor.
The clerical coordinators are overworked.I was asked a while ago to stay over time,and it's just happen that I stayed 7 days in a row working 12 hours a day,I just couldn't refuse.
Beside the work,which I loved,we had to deal with lots of volunteers .They interfere grossly with our work.
The floor is run " family stile" and if you can't integrate with " the family" you may be in trouble.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Differences between cultures.Romanians are not liked, because a different tone of voice .
Very nice work environment
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 12, 2018
The staff was very understanding and supportive. I did not come across any issues with my coworkers. The job was time consuming but manageable. I truly enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Sitting for long periods of time.
Hoag Hospital has ups and downs
Project Analyst/Business Analyst IT (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 12, 2018
Beautiful location , skilled staff, but management did not know what it wanted from the information side and just implemented whatever the physicians desired so led to hundreds of applications to maintain.
Productive, Job security
Clinical Nurse III (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 20, 2018
I have been a very happy employee for Hoag Hospital for many years and would recommend it to anyone. There are many opportunities for advancement and autonomy.
August 24, 2018

Thank you for sharing! We love hearing great employee experience at Hoag. There is truly no place like Hoag! :)

Loved working at Hoag :)
RN (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 16, 2018
I grew up as a nurse at Hoag. The NICU is amazing. The best staff! There are many employee incentives and appreciation days. Flexible work schedule and friendly environment.
August 20, 2018

Thank you for your service! We always appreciate hearing positive feedback from our Hoag Alumni. It's people like you who make our culture amazing, and our patient care exceptional.

If you are ever interested in coming back, please don't hesitate to stay updated on our careers page at www.jobs.hoag.org or you can email us directly at careers@hoag.org to see if we have any opportunities available.

Best,

Hoag Talent Acquisition Team

#TheresNoPlaceLikeHoag

I would not recommend working for Hoag Medical Group
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 8, 2018
Management has unrealistic expectation for staff. Very strict on overtime yet staff need to be there in order to provide care to patients and to physicians. They are monitored on patient satisifaction and it is part of their annual performance evaluation and their salary and bonus.

Management has created a culture of silence. Employees are afraid to speak out.

I would not recommend working for HMG.
Pros
Hoag Hospital Pays Better and Has Better Benefits & Employee Recognition
Cons
See Review
August 24, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience at Hoag. We apologize for the experience you may have had within the Medical Group and do our very best to solve these issues once reported. We would love to be able to speak further about your experience if you email us at careers@hoag.org and a member from our team will follow up with you.

great place to work
Centralized Patient Scheduling Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 30, 2018
wish I could have taken the job with me. Loved working there. Management was very supportive and they compensated nicely for the area I lived in. I would work there again
July 31, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your experience at Hoag Hospital. There is truly no place like Hoag and we wish you the best of luck in your future ventures! Be sure to join our community and follow us on social media @hoagcareers (Instagram/Twitter).

Best place to work!
SURGERY SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 27, 2018
I had to relocate otherwise, I would of probably retired at Hoag. They have great work ethic there. Also they have employee appreciation days. My managers were great!
July 31, 2018

My teaching Supervisor was supurb.
Clinical Pastoral Education, Student Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 10, 2018
My Supervisor infused into our classroom education, CPE, Religion and Poetry together to make our learning interesting with a broad overview of many disciplines to integrate into patient visits.
Pros
Best education eperience.
Cons
Residency Program only open to those with Masters of Divinity.
July 31, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your experience at Hoag Hospital. We are grateful to hear that you had a great educational experience here. Be sure to join our community and follow us on social media @hoagcareers (Instagram/Twitter).

Nothing good to say
PACU staff RN (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 26, 2018
Ruled by a culture of fear. Treated unfairly by management on a daily basis. Criminal unsafe staffing in perioperative arena at night. Abusive treatment of staff
Pros
Great view
Cons
Everything else, donations oriented not best patient outcomes
July 31, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience at Hoag. We apologize for the experience you may have had in the department and do our very best to solve these issues once reported. We would love to be able to speak further about your experience if you email us at careers@hoag.org and a member from our team will follow up with you.

RN review
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 26, 2018
Great place to work. I love the night shift. Some floors are better than others to work on, but my floor is amazing. We focus alot on safety and fairness. Everyone is very supportive. They focus on excellent training, especially for new grads. There's a lot of opportunity for career advancement.
July 31, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience at Hoag. We are so glad to hear about employees that take advantage of the great career advancement, scholarship and tuition disbursement opportunities we offer. Be sure to join our talent community to get notified about our latest career opportunities, and follow us on social media @hoagcareers (Instagram/Twitter).

Amazing place to start
Adminadtrative Assistant/ Unit Coordidnator (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 17, 2018
People care here. Hoag is an amazing place to start working. The only down fall is they pay the low end of the scale on almost every position. However, the staff is not working “just for the money”. Staff is genuine and thoughtful; with big hearts.
July 31, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience at Hoag. There is truly no place like Hoag and we hope you enjoy your career with us. Be sure to join our talent community to get notified about our latest career opportunities, and follow us on social media @hoagcareers (Instagram/Twitter).

fun place to work
Instrument Lead Tech (CRCST) (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 12, 2018
come in, do shift report, see what we need for the entired schedule for the day.work on the turn overs. order supplies for the department.
check to see if they are any broken scopes, cameras ETC.
July 31, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience at Hoag. There is truly no place like Hoag and it is a fun place to work! Be sure to join our talent community and follow us on social media @hoagcareers (Instagram/Twitter).

Dedicated and conscientious employees working towards the same goal of caring and curing
Laboratory Technician I (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 12, 2018
Working in the Cell Biology Lab was a very rewarding experience that offered extensive training and opportunities to learn and grow within the position. Collaboration with clinical functions was satisfying.
July 31, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience at Hoag. We are so glad to hear about employees that take advantage of the great career advancement opportunities we offer. Be sure to join our talent community and follow us on social media @hoagcareers (Instagram/Twitter).

Received Tons of Knowledge
Phlebotomist (Training) (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 11, 2018
Typical days at work are busy, and filled with compassionate approaches to patients. I learned the different ways to look for veins, how to decrease patient discomfort, proper bedside manner, how to approach grieving patients, and practiced order of draw. Management was available at all times, and workplace culture was mellow. The hardest part of the job was causing patient discomfort, but the most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of the patients with a sense of urgency.
I was in private practice
active Medical Staff member (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 7, 2018
I was not paid by the hospital to be on staff. I was only paid to be physician advisor to the hospital. It was fine because I got along with everyone. Balancing the physician advisor position, chair of the Department of Medicine and private practice in Internal Medicine was not easy.
Pros
collegial
Cons
had to work all hours
Floor staff was great!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 7, 2018
Co-workers and charge nurses were great to work with, felt very supported by them. Management left a lot to be desired. Director didn't even know the nurses on night shift by name let alone advocated for them.
Registered Nurse and worked in multiple high stress departments
Clinical RN III (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 7, 2018
Team work was key in the Emergency Department seeing over 200 patients per day, stressful given what problem the patient was there to be seen. The management had a "thru put plan" and there was lots of stress trying to get the patients taken care of.

Plenty of parties after work
Pros
I retired from here after 30 years
Cons
High stress position
Medical Assistant
Administrative and Clinical Duties (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 5, 2018
Great place to work. great people to work for and share your experiences. Patient excellence and quality of care for the patients. I have learn many things working here.
Fast Pace
Patient Sitter (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 1, 2018
You will communicate/passdown with previous staff
Assigned a patient
Nurse aren't all that helpful nor nice
Helping patients was fun
SI watch/precaution

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian. Our community is ready to answer.

Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian Reviews by Location