Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian Employee Reviews

Good but not great
Cath Lab Holding, Clinical Nurse III (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 13, 2018
Hoag is a great hospital compared to what else is available in Orange County. But don’t get it twisted, it’s nothing special compared to other similar hospitals in LA or SD. It’s not Union, so even though nurses get a better deal here than other places, breaks are not prioritized, ratios are not necessarily upheld and there is a definite fear of speaking out against management because of potential retribution. Decent benefits. Tuition reimbursement, scholarship, and partnership with CSULB for BSN or MSN on site are all major benefits.
Pros
Benefits like tuition reimbursement and scholarships
Cons
Breaks are not a guarantee either, managers are hit or miss
October 16, 2018

Dear Employee,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback. We always aim to provide a safe, compliant, and “best-in-class” work environment for all our employees, so we take your comments very seriously.

As a representative of HR, we respect your discretion and would appreciate the opportunity to gain more insight into how we could better serve you and our employees.

We welcome you to contact us at careers@hoag.org and a member of our HR team will follow up with you shortly.

Regards,

Michael Krug
Manager, Talent Acquisition
Hoag Hospital

I was the only Romanian on the floor and I "payed" for this,with rumors behind my back
Clerical coordinator (Former Employee) –  4 EastSeptember 13, 2018
Over all a great place to work.
But the differences between cultures were overwhelming.
The director doesn't know what really happens on the floor.
The clerical coordinators are overworked.I was asked a while ago to stay over time,and it's just happen that I stayed 7 days in a row working 12 hours a day,I just couldn't refuse.
Beside the work,which I loved,we had to deal with lots of volunteers .They interfere grossly with our work.
The floor is run " family stile" and if you can't integrate with " the family" you may be in trouble.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Differences between cultures.Romanians are not liked, because a different tone of voice .

Dear Employee,

I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Hoag, we recognize the importance of creating an environment where every employee can feel valued, included and empowered in their role. We are committed to fostering a culture of inclusion. That said, I would value the opportunity to speak with you so that we can take your feedback and address the areas we may have missed in delivering a great employee experience. Your discretion is very important to us, so if you would like to discuss offline, please contact me directly at carees@hoag.org and address it to Manager of Talent Acquisition.

Please rest assured, your information will be kept confidential.

Michael Krug
Manager, Talent Acquisition

I would not recommend working for Hoag Medical Group
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 8, 2018
Management has unrealistic expectation for staff. Very strict on overtime yet staff need to be there in order to provide care to patients and to physicians. They are monitored on patient satisifaction and it is part of their annual performance evaluation and their salary and bonus.

Management has created a culture of silence. Employees are afraid to speak out.

I would not recommend working for HMG.
Pros
Hoag Hospital Pays Better and Has Better Benefits & Employee Recognition
Cons
See Review
August 24, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience at Hoag. We apologize for the experience you may have had within the Medical Group and do our very best to solve these issues once reported. We would love to be able to speak further about your experience if you email us at careers@hoag.org and a member from our team will follow up with you.

Great work place.
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 14, 2018
Hoag was a great work place for me. They offer great benefits and is a friendly environment. Options to pay for lunch through your badge and from your paycheck.
Pros
Benefits, opportunities, complimentary lunches
Cons
Far for me
September 20, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear of your positive experiences at Hoag and that you took advantage of our great benefits and perks offered to our employees. Be sure to join our community and follow us on social media @hoagcareers (Instagram/Twitter).

great place, just better management
Lead/Food server/Grill cook (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 22, 2018
depending on what department you work, depends on chances of moving up. As for the kitchen, no way of moving up, but solid pay for the kitchen. down side, you wont learn much as in culinary techniques or knowledge, but you do work under pressure which is great. Management has favorites, but co workers all help each other out.
Pros
great pay, benefits, co workers
Cons
management
A Fast Paced Multitask Lifestyle
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 9, 2019
A typical day at work: Answering department calls, going upstairs to work on any issue at hand, picking up any device that needs work in the shop, working on Alaris Infusion Pumps, since there is always need, and answering the phone or looking on the company website for anything new to work on.

I learned: To prioritize the daily tasks at hand, since that is very important. To assess any issues that nurses or doctors had with any malfunctioning device.

Management was very professional and helpful whenever there was reason to be.

Workplace Culture was relaxed. Everyone worked in close proximity and so that was very important.

Hardest part of the job was prioritizing because it is very easy to get stuck juggling 5+ tasks at a time, which is not ideal.

Enjoyable part is when everyone is on the same page and the workflow is fast and smooth.
Pros
Working as a team for a common goal.
Cons
When the team does not work as one to get things done.
January 24, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and experience with your team at Hoag. We understand the importance of teamwork and recognize that together we accomplish so much more than we ever could alone. Like with any team, there can sometimes be challenges with workflow, but we certainly hope that your overall team experience - working together for the same higher mission - was rewarding and aided in personal and professional growth.

Hoagie for Life
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 20, 2018
HOAG is a great place to work. They cultivate a culture of inclusion and individuality at the same time. They encourage growth and opportunities are there for advancement. It is truly like a family working to provide exceptional patient care.
September 28, 2018

Thank you for sharing! We love hearing from our Hoag family. Our teams work very hard to continually foster the Hoag culture and mindset so that we not only create a wonderful experience for our employees, but also for our patients too. That said, we are thrilled to hear your experiences reflect that.

Be sure to join our Hoag community on social media @hoagcareers (Instagram/Twitter)!

slow/fast environment
take messages, transfer calls to MA's, LVN, RN (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAApril 3, 2018
Monday's and Friday's really busy other days can be mellow. We can get like 80-100 calls a day. In the mean time we are working on scanning and prep charts, verify insurance.
benefits
Cons
no paid vacation nor holidays
Positive environment with emotional and physical support form colleagues
REGISTERED NURSE / RELIEF CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 7, 2018
A workday consisted of direct care/contact with patients and parents either at the bedside, labor and delivery room or the operating room. As the acuity of the unit progressed, so did my skills as a nurse. Also acted a charge nurse evaluating acuity levels and managing staffing needs as well as the basic needs of the unit. The culture consisted of mainly educated and affluent clientele. The hardest part of the job was observing poor patient outcomes. The most enjoyable part involved interacting with the patients and parents while also growing my skills in management.
Pros
Working with supportive staff
Cons
Lack of flexibility with scheduling
October 16, 2018

Thank you for leading a supportive team in caring for our patients. We're happy to hear that you found your experience at Hoag aided in progressing and growing your skills as a nurse. If you are ever interested in coming back to work at Hoag, please don't hesitate to stay updated on our careers page at www.jobs.hoag.org. Best of luck to you, and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Updated equipment and good interaction between front and back office
Mammography/DEXA/X-ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMarch 13, 2018
Much effort put out into reconciling orders between front and back office.

Updated equipment, competent radiologists and well trained staff.

Good benefits.
Pros
updated equipment, good benefits
Cons
occasionally flexed

Want to know more about Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian?

Ask a question
Nursing staff cliquey at times
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAFebruary 7, 2018
Certain nurses form cliques making a poor or uncomfortable workplace culture. Compensation from upper management is not given for loyalty (ie length of time employed), new employees will be paid the same as someone who has been at the hospital for years.
Pros
In and Out lunches
Cons
Short or no breaks
Stressful work enviornemnt
ADMINISTRATIVE MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CANovember 3, 2018
Working at Hoag Medical Group at the Huntington Beach location
there was a serious lack of support from management and you constantly felt you were walking on eggshells and were going to lose your job if goals set were not met on a daily basis. Front office staff was constantly blamed for every negative incident that happened in the office.
November 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback. At Hoag, we are committed to fostering an environment where every employee feels valued, supported, and empowered in their role. As a representative of HR, we respect your discretion and would appreciate the opportunity to gain more insight so that we can take your feedback and address the areas we may have missed in delivering a great employee experience.

Please rest assured, your information will be kept confidential.

Hoag Talent Acquisition

Registered Nurse-Neuro ICU (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CANovember 2, 2018
I worked there as a new grad RN and I learned a lot. The nurses were helpful and willing to teach me. I worked in the ICU so there was always something going on. Management was good and responsive to my needs and always quick to follow up.
November 5, 2018

Thank you for sharing! We are glad to hear you had a positive experience as a New Grad RN at Hoag. We are committed to continually fostering a supportive and collaborative environment for all our employees and are happy to hear you have experienced this.

If ever interested in coming back to Hoag, you can find our current RN openings at jobs.hoag.org. Be sure to join our Talent Community and follow us on social media @hoagcareers (Instagram/Twitter).

I loved Hoag
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CANovember 1, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Hoag. The nurse/doctor relationship is amazing. It was there where I became an MICN and charge RN and they really foster personal growth.
Cons
The Educator- Ginger; she gets major power trips and should not be in management, period.
November 5, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience at Hoag - both the positives and the areas that may need addressing. We always aim to create an environment where our employees feel valued and empowered in their role. As a representative of HR, we want to ensure that any concerns you may have had are being addressed; therefore, if you would like to speak further regarding your experiences, please contact us at careers@hoag.org and a member of our team will follow up with you.

Productive, Job security
Clinical Nurse III (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 20, 2018
I have been a very happy employee for Hoag Hospital for many years and would recommend it to anyone. There are many opportunities for advancement and autonomy.
August 24, 2018

Thank you for sharing! We love hearing great employee experience at Hoag. There is truly no place like Hoag! :)

Hoag Hospital has ups and downs
Project Analyst/Business Analyst IT (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 12, 2018
Beautiful location , skilled staff, but management did not know what it wanted from the information side and just implemented whatever the physicians desired so led to hundreds of applications to maintain.
September 20, 2018

We appreciate your feedback – both the positives and the areas that may need addressing. We understand the importance of communication and we’re always open to suggestions on fine-tuning our process improvement efforts. If you would like to speak further, please email us at careers@hoag.org and a member from our team will follow up with you.

Quality Organization
Informatics Specialist, Health Ministry (Current Employee) –  NewpoDecember 29, 2018
Well organized and well communicated business objectives at the enterprise level, less clear at the department level. Competent though reluctant to let go of what does not work, too inwardly focused.
Pros
Location, Colleagues
Cons
Slow to innovation, more follower than leader
January 3, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We value your thoughts, and suggest that if you do have concerns, that you actively reach out to your hiring manager or HR Business Partner to express your opinions and thoughts. We strongly encourage employees to have ongoing conversations with their managers. We understand the importance of communication and we’re always open to suggestions on fine-tuning our process improvement efforts.

Great organization moving forward with best technology and pt. care
Director, Clinical Research (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 28, 2018
Environment dedicated to provide the best possible care for patients.
Worked diligently to update programs for more efficiency.

I very much enjoyed developing a structure for this program including writing and training of policies and procedures.
Working with very bright staff.
Pros
Bonus, Good Health care provisions
Cons
Staff is often over worked
January 3, 2019

Thank you for giving us your feedback about your time working at Hoag! Hoag is committed to providing patients with access to state-of-the-art technologies and advanced treatment options. Many of these advances are made possible through groundbreaking research done in clinical trials. As an organization, Hoag is proud to take the lead in clinical trials and appreciate our staff who work diligently to make a difference in our community!

Utilize in Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 13, 2018
I ended up working all graveyard shifts. The people I worked with were great. I manage ment was decent and respectful. But there was times when it was extreme E slow with nothing to do
January 3, 2019

Thanks for giving us your feedback about your time working at Hoag. Graveyard shifts can typically be slower from time to time, depending on the role. We're glad to hear of your positive experiences with your team and managers.

Good professional environment
Patient Companion (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 12, 2018
When working at Hoag, I was able to advance and given many mandatory rules to follow. Patient care if first priority so I understand and respect the strictness.
December 19, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We're happy to hear you had the opportunity to advance your career while working at Hoag. Scholarships, tuition reimbursement, and professional development courses are a few ways to grow with Hoag. No matter how far you want to go, Hoag is with you each step of the way!

If ever interested in coming back to Hoag, you can find our current openings at jobs.hoag.org. Be sure to join our Talent Community and follow us on social media @hoagcareers (Instagram/Twitter).

Hoag Talent Acquisition Team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2