Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian Employee Reviews

Good professional environment
Patient Companion (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 12, 2018
When working at Hoag, I was able to advance and given many mandatory rules to follow. Patient care if first priority so I understand and respect the strictness.
Stressful work enviornemnt
ADMINISTRATIVE MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CANovember 3, 2018
Working at Hoag Medical Group at the Huntington Beach location
there was a serious lack of support from management and you constantly felt you were walking on eggshells and were going to lose your job if goals set were not met on a daily basis. Front office staff was constantly blamed for every negative incident that happened in the office.
November 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback. At Hoag, we are committed to fostering an environment where every employee feels valued, supported, and empowered in their role. As a representative of HR, we respect your discretion and would appreciate the opportunity to gain more insight so that we can take your feedback and address the areas we may have missed in delivering a great employee experience.

We welcome you to contact us at careers@hoag.org and a member of our HR team will follow up with you shortly.

Please rest assured, your information will be kept confidential.

Kind regards,

Hoag Talent Acquisition

Registered Nurse-Neuro ICU (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CANovember 2, 2018
I worked there as a new grad RN and I learned a lot. The nurses were helpful and willing to teach me. I worked in the ICU so there was always something going on. Management was good and responsive to my needs and always quick to follow up.
November 5, 2018

Thank you for sharing! We are glad to hear you had a positive experience as a New Grad RN at Hoag. We are committed to continually fostering a supportive and collaborative environment for all our employees and are happy to hear you have experienced this.

If ever interested in coming back to Hoag, you can find our current RN openings at jobs.hoag.org. Be sure to join our Talent Community and follow us on social media @hoagcareers (Instagram/Twitter).

I loved Hoag
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CANovember 1, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Hoag. The nurse/doctor relationship is amazing. It was there where I became an MICN and charge RN and they really foster personal growth.
Cons
The Educator- Ginger; she gets major power trips and should not be in management, period.
November 5, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience at Hoag - both the positives and the areas that may need addressing. We always aim to create an environment where our employees feel valued and empowered in their role. As a representative of HR, we want to ensure that any concerns you may have had are being addressed; therefore, if you would like to speak further regarding your experiences, please contact us at careers@hoag.org and a member of our team will follow up with you.

Good but not great
Cath Lab Holding, Clinical Nurse III (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 13, 2018
Hoag is a great hospital compared to what else is available in Orange County. But don’t get it twisted, it’s nothing special compared to other similar hospitals in LA or SD. It’s not Union, so even though nurses get a better deal here than other places, breaks are not prioritized, ratios are not necessarily upheld and there is a definite fear of speaking out against management because of potential retribution. Decent benefits. Tuition reimbursement, scholarship, and partnership with CSULB for BSN or MSN on site are all major benefits.
Pros
Benefits like tuition reimbursement and scholarships
Cons
Breaks are not a guarantee either, managers are hit or miss

Dear Employee,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback. We always aim to provide a safe, compliant, and “best-in-class” work environment for all our employees, so we take your comments very seriously.

As a representative of HR, we respect your discretion and would appreciate the opportunity to gain more insight into how we could better serve you and our employees.

Regards,

Michael Krug
Manager, Talent Acquisition
Hoag Hospital

There was an amazing amount of unity and Cohesiveness between nursing doctors and axillary staff in the emergency department
Registered Nurse-Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 13, 2018
Loved working for Hoag, Hoag holds very high standards and provide excellent customer service As well as quality of care. It is an honor to be able to be a part of such a well respected hospital.
October 16, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. Hoag's dedication to upholding high standards of excellent customer service and patient care is what we believe sets us apart. Thank you for the part you play in providing our patients with the genuine Hoag experience. It's people like you who make our culture amazing, and our patient care exceptional!

Positive environment with emotional and physical support form colleagues
REGISTERED NURSE / RELIEF CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 7, 2018
A workday consisted of direct care/contact with patients and parents either at the bedside, labor and delivery room or the operating room. As the acuity of the unit progressed, so did my skills as a nurse. Also acted a charge nurse evaluating acuity levels and managing staffing needs as well as the basic needs of the unit. The culture consisted of mainly educated and affluent clientele. The hardest part of the job was observing poor patient outcomes. The most enjoyable part involved interacting with the patients and parents while also growing my skills in management.
Pros
Working with supportive staff
Cons
Lack of flexibility with scheduling
October 16, 2018

Thank you for leading a supportive team in caring for our patients. We're happy to hear that you found your experience at Hoag aided in progressing and growing your skills as a nurse. If you are ever interested in coming back to work at Hoag, please don't hesitate to stay updated on our careers page at www.jobs.hoag.org. Best of luck to you, and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Hoag Memorial Presbyterian Hospital
IT Programming System Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 6, 2018
Hoag Memorial Presbyterian is an exceptional place to work. The hospital is within minutes of the beach and many restaurants and outdoor activities. There is a massive amount of training for new FTE's and contractors. The staff is highly educated and knowledgeable. The customer service given to patients and their families are given #1 priority.
October 8, 2018

Thank you for the excellent review! We love hearing from our Hoag Alumni and are please to hear that you found your time at Hoag to be a very positive experience. It's people like you who make our culture amazing, and our patient care exceptional.

If you are ever interested in coming back, please don't hesitate to stay updated on our careers page at www.jobs.hoag.org.

All the best!

Hoag Talent Acquisition Team

Hoag is a fantastic hosptial!
Statistical Analyst for Operating Department (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 5, 2018
Hoag focused on teaching their employees and giving each employee an opportunity to improve themselves while working. As a result there are lifetime employees who work for Hoag. Hoag is a beautiful place to work; not only in location but the people you work with (both staff and patients).
October 8, 2018

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback - we are so glad to hear of the value you found in the opportunities Hoag provides employees. Hoag remains dedicated to the development of our staff and continues to support employees in advancing their education and career goals.

Best,

#TheresNoPlaceLikeHoag

excellent
Newport Surgicare- Temp (Current Employee) –  510 superior Newport beachSeptember 30, 2018
My day goes by very fast. I enjoy my department and the people that I work with. Making contact with other offices and obtaining more information regarding patients prior to surgery. My co workers are team players and my Manager is just a pleasure to work with .
October 8, 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review for us! We are very please that you have had such positive experiences within your department. The people of Hoag are truly what make Hoag what it is - we are like family, joined together in our commitment to caring for our patients and each other. Thank you for the part you play!

Best hospital to work for
Lead Vascular Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 20, 2018
This is the best hospital I've worked for. Great team, family like atmosphere, great values and goals as a company. The hospital also is in a great location.
September 28, 2018

Dear Employee,

Thank you for sharing such a positive experience! More than anything, we want to bring our teams together as family, collaborating and partnering with each-other as we work towards our common goal of creating an extraordinary patient experience.

If you haven't joined our social community yet, be sure to do so! Connect with us @HoagCareers (Instagram and Twitter).

Hoagie for Life
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 20, 2018
HOAG is a great place to work. They cultivate a culture of inclusion and individuality at the same time. They encourage growth and opportunities are there for advancement. It is truly like a family working to provide exceptional patient care.
September 28, 2018

Thank you for sharing! We love hearing from our Hoag family. Our teams work very hard to continually foster the Hoag culture and mindset so that we not only create a wonderful experience for our employees, but also for our patients too. That said, we are thrilled to hear your experiences reflect that.

Be sure to join our Hoag community on social media @hoagcareers (Instagram/Twitter)!

Great work place.
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 14, 2018
Hoag was a great work place for me. They offer great benefits and is a friendly environment. Options to pay for lunch through your badge and from your paycheck.
Pros
Benefits, opportunities, complimentary lunches
Cons
Far for me
September 20, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear of your positive experiences at Hoag and that you took advantage of our great benefits and perks offered to our employees. Be sure to join our community and follow us on social media @hoagcareers (Instagram/Twitter).

I was the only Romanian on the floor and I "payed" for this,with rumors behind my back
Clerical coordinator (Former Employee) –  4 EastSeptember 13, 2018
Over all a great place to work.
But the differences between cultures were overwhelming.
The director doesn't know what really happens on the floor.
The clerical coordinators are overworked.I was asked a while ago to stay over time,and it's just happen that I stayed 7 days in a row working 12 hours a day,I just couldn't refuse.
Beside the work,which I loved,we had to deal with lots of volunteers .They interfere grossly with our work.
The floor is run " family stile" and if you can't integrate with " the family" you may be in trouble.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Differences between cultures.Romanians are not liked, because a different tone of voice .

Dear Employee,

I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At Hoag, we recognize the importance of creating an environment where every employee can feel valued, included and empowered in their role. We are committed to fostering a culture of inclusion. That said, I would value the opportunity to speak with you so that we can take your feedback and address the areas we may have missed in delivering a great employee experience. Your discretion is very important to us, so if you would like to discuss offline, please contact me directly at carees@hoag.org and address it to Manager of Talent Acquisition.

Please rest assured, your information will be kept confidential.

Kind regards,

Michael Krug
Manager, Talent Acquisition

Very nice work environment
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 12, 2018
The staff was very understanding and supportive. I did not come across any issues with my coworkers. The job was time consuming but manageable. I truly enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Sitting for long periods of time.

Dear Employee,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and experience with your team at Hoag. We are so happy to hear you feel supported and that you enjoy your role. To stay “in the know” regarding additional employee perks and to stay up to date on Hoag events and opportunities, we encourage you to follow us on social media @hoagcareers (Instagram/Twitter).

Hoag Hospital has ups and downs
Project Analyst/Business Analyst IT (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 12, 2018
Beautiful location , skilled staff, but management did not know what it wanted from the information side and just implemented whatever the physicians desired so led to hundreds of applications to maintain.
September 20, 2018

We appreciate your feedback – both the positives and the areas that may need addressing. We understand the importance of communication and we’re always open to suggestions on fine-tuning our process improvement efforts. If you would like to speak further, please email us at careers@hoag.org and a member from our team will follow up with you.

Productive, Job security
Clinical Nurse III (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 20, 2018
I have been a very happy employee for Hoag Hospital for many years and would recommend it to anyone. There are many opportunities for advancement and autonomy.
August 24, 2018

Thank you for sharing! We love hearing great employee experience at Hoag. There is truly no place like Hoag! :)

Loved working at Hoag :)
RN (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 16, 2018
I grew up as a nurse at Hoag. The NICU is amazing. The best staff! There are many employee incentives and appreciation days. Flexible work schedule and friendly environment.
August 20, 2018

Thank you for your service! We always appreciate hearing positive feedback from our Hoag Alumni. It's people like you who make our culture amazing, and our patient care exceptional.

If you are ever interested in coming back, please don't hesitate to stay updated on our careers page at www.jobs.hoag.org or you can email us directly at careers@hoag.org to see if we have any opportunities available.

Best,

#TheresNoPlaceLikeHoag

I would not recommend working for Hoag Medical Group
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 8, 2018
Management has unrealistic expectation for staff. Very strict on overtime yet staff need to be there in order to provide care to patients and to physicians. They are monitored on patient satisifaction and it is part of their annual performance evaluation and their salary and bonus.

Management has created a culture of silence. Employees are afraid to speak out.

I would not recommend working for HMG.
Pros
Hoag Hospital Pays Better and Has Better Benefits & Employee Recognition
Cons
See Review
August 24, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience at Hoag. We apologize for the experience you may have had within the Medical Group and do our very best to solve these issues once reported. We would love to be able to speak further about your experience if you email us at careers@hoag.org and a member from our team will follow up with you.

great place to work
Centralized Patient Scheduling Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 30, 2018
wish I could have taken the job with me. Loved working there. Management was very supportive and they compensated nicely for the area I lived in. I would work there again
July 31, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your experience at Hoag Hospital. There is truly no place like Hoag and we wish you the best of luck in your future ventures! Be sure to join our community and follow us on social media @hoagcareers (Instagram/Twitter).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about