Hoar Construction Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
a typical day of work
Freelance Web Design (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 12, 2018
Hello,
I was working on Hoar Construction IncĀ® as a Web Designer in the office. I was making a Web Site for a new St.Vincent's St. Claire building. The job was four hours a day, and $20.00 per hour rate, Monday to Friday, and there was one hour lunch.
Sincerely,
Mrs. Anastasiya A Pogorila
Family orientated company
Carpenter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2018
Best company I've worked in. They put family first. They don't rush you, they work with you. Superintendents are the best people ever. If you don't know they will teach.
Pros
They will teach you if you don't know. They go out their way to help you
Productive, great hours and very fanily oriented,.
Project Management Accountant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 31, 2018
Hoar Construction is the most Family Oriented company I've ever worked for and very generous with bonuses. Employees worked as a team and family. An amazing company that has rare company values for it's employees.
Back stabbing lousy dirt bags
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 3, 2018
Worked 7 days a week , they made me work through a hurricane. 12 hour days were short days, a terrible place to work. Especially if your not from the south. Old boys club. Keep looking no matter what they say just keep looking!
Pros
Cons
You name it
Construction company that is great to work for, Build beautiful satisfactory buildings
Job Clerk (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 21, 2017
I enjoyed working for Hoar Construction. Fast-paced, Houston office management was great, my supervisor there was fair. Great superintendents to work for & with. Dealt with many sub contractors throughout my time there. When Colorado job finished, I didn't want to leave. I stayed and started work here.
Pros
Work is steady
Cons
They did not pay OT to job clerks at the time I worked for them.
Enjoy working directly with the owners of the constructed product and supplying the demands that they desire in the public product.
Forman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 19, 2017
Working with owners and workers to supply a product of quality for the public use in a safe a productive manner. While maintaining a safe and clean work environment for all.
Was lied to about my job duties.
Site Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 1, 2017
The company hired me quickly, because they were in need. They were desperate enough to lie to me about my duties and the advancement they would assist in with primary career.
Pros
Paid lunch break.
Cons
Long days, lying management.
excellent work place
Lead ConstructionForemen (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2017
a real honorable place. to work ,401k health benefits and flexible hours the pay is good they treat you like family. they provide any or all tools needed to finish a job
Pros
good pay
Bad work environment and culture
ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Clayton, GAApril 14, 2017
The company has a bad culture and creates a bad work environment. If you are field personnel you are not permitted to travel back home. Please be cautious.
Excellent work environment
Clean up crew (Former Employee) –  Jackson mississippiDecember 14, 2016
I did some work or construction to the temp service in Jackson Mississippi at the Meridian apartment complex I noticed the superintendents did a good job coordinating the contractors,,there were some challenges on this particular project but hoar Construction provided a safe working environment supplied all employes with tools and safety equipment needed,and safety meetings were held every week and hoar even catering a barbecue for all the workers on this site
Pros
Coffee water and Gatorade.
Cons
Didnt find any
Hade a good time working for this company
Skilled laborer / labot foreman (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLOctober 15, 2016
Learned alot from guys i worked with just sucked i stayd till very last day and got droped on my butt thought i was doing a good job guess not i started as general labor but quickley moved up
Pros
Steady work and they dont mess with youre mone and they worked with me when my mom died
Cons
Didnt take me with them after my progect was complete
The people are over the top, from top to bottom I love who I work with I just want to be closer to home.
Assistant Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 19, 2015
The people who make up this company are extremely professional and truly great. I am proud of my time here and the only reason I would leave this company is to get closer to home.
Hoar construction is a good place to work for
general labor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 29, 2015
A typical day at work is build foams and pour cement and it is good people in management and they help you out anyway they can and it good co workers in the company the hardest part of the job is pour alot of cement at one time and hours at a time the enjoyable part of the job is when we pour cement and how it turn out
Pros
They cook for us time and time again
Cons
We had long breaks at time cause it was so hot
Terrible place to work
Chief Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alabama, Georgia, ArkansasMay 7, 2015
Nepotism runs wild in company. Typical day at work is 12+ hours trying to make up for mistakes made by upper management. Management is made up of brothers and relatives which most have no idea of what they're doing. Most co-workers were decent hard working people. Hardest part of job was actually doing your job
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Nepotism no chance for advancement no job security
Great Core Values
Executive Assistant for in house attorney (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 18, 2015
Great Place to work. Many benefits. Great training program. Company is very family oriented.

Cons: Breaks are hard to take. Lunch is hard to take.
Great work environment. Strong organization.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 19, 2014
Hoar was a great place to work. The company had a strong reputation and a proven business model. My manager/VP was a great boss. He gave you room to work and understood the need to balance work with family/life.
Pros
Long history, good industry reputation, good management
Cons
Projects are nation-wide. Some travel required.
Awesome place to work
Senior Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 3, 2014
Very busy all the time, which makes the time fly on a typical work day. You are challenged a lot, which keeps the job interesting. The more you know with this company, the better off you will be. Co-workers are nice to be around and are very social.
Benefits
Cons
Sometimes working after work hours
Dissapointment
Senior Superintendent (Former Employee) –  AlabamaApril 25, 2014
Smoke and mirror company. Promised a lot and never follows through
Accounting Partner
Accounting Partner (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 3, 2014
A typical day consisted of working side by side with project managers, superintendants, job clerks and subcontractors to ensure that the project was being paid for. I also made journal entries, reviewed subcontracts and entered invoices to be paid.
Fun and great evironment to work
Labor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasJanuary 16, 2014
Worked for the company for only 3 months as a labor (had to go back to school) so i really cant tell you much, but to work for these guys when you get the chance. They make sure you work in a safe environment and always looks out for there own.
Pros
Gave us breaks and handed out prizes and free stuff (hats, t-shirts, jackets)
Cons
Not working for them.