HOBART SERVICE

HOBART SERVICE Employee Reviews

Very beneficial at the time but not later on
I only worked there for about a year until I said enough is enough. The supervisor was mentally and verbally abusive. Good pay but not worth it at all
Pros
free and long lunches sometimes, healthcare, matched 401k, the pay, seeing new places and traveling
Cons
sometimes working 8-12 hours with no breaks, no one really cares about your opinions or how you feel, you're disposable, poor treatment of staff, your mental and physical abilities will be harshly tested, you may come out crippled whether it's your arms and back or your mind
stressful
stressful, never quite sure what to expect from day to day, management was very poor, dispatch didn't know what to do and would send you way out of your area
Good benefits and pay
I enjoy my coworkers and the work. I have a very supportive manager whose goal is to see me succeed. The day is busy but not overwhelming. Good place to work
Not a good place to work
Call you out any day after 5 pm to work to midnight or you get wrote up bad bad not a good place to work bad bad place to work they will call every 10
One of the best companies to build good experiance on all commercial food equipment.
Hobart is a big name in the commercial kitchens, it is a company that invests in their employers by spending money and time to create expert technicians by sending them to Hobart school at the main office in OH to learn more about all equipment and how to troubleshoot it mechanically and electrically. Hobart has also a good tech support waiting all the time to give help for technicians.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Dream come true
Working in commercial kitchen repair you come across a lot of different ways of running a business but i think Hobart does it the best. The company culture is an understanding one and the organization is unmatched. This line of work will always have you out on the road for most of your days but at least here the company is reputable enough that your costumers dont get irate as soon as you show up
Service
Training out in Ohio was excellent. Job is stressful and can cut into personal life. Decent money and overtime is available. On call is a little to often
Management will hold you back from advancing to higher levels to meet numbers for bean counting upper management.
I was passed over on occasion due to being written up for usual business that management themselves taught me, in my opinion was to keep me down without pay increases, or advancement. I am actually more qualified than the current manager, as well as more educated than him, but keep getting passed over. I may not have been the best tech, but darn sure would have been a better manager than the micro manager there now.
Pros
Benefits, no one breathing down your neck while working
Cons
No chance for advancement
Depends on the day
When the day started you didn't always know what jobs you would be working on later in the day. Required alot of driving all over southern Wisconsin.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
driving
Hobart is a very good company to work for
The overall experience with Hobart and Itw is very good. The drive time can be very long if you located in a remote area. Each Branch office is ran different.
Pros
Company Paid Factory Training
I loved my job
It was the most satisfying job I have ever had. I wish I was still there. I am not sure how things are run there now but my time as a Hobart employee were wonderful for the most part
Pros
benefits, company vehicle, many others
Cons
Corporate has no clue what technicians do
Depends on the branch you work in
It definitely not the worst company to work for. It's a fine place if you aren't looking to make alot of money. There is not much OT and the benefits are just ok. The training that they send you to out at corporate in Ohio is fun and a great place to meet technicians from all over the US. There is not much room for advancement because there is only one branch manager for 10-20 technicians and the job does not open up very often. I particularly had a terrible branch manager out of the NH/VT/ME office and I would never recommend that branch to anyone for as long as she is still the manager. I hear some good things about other branches around the country but I cant speak on their behalf. The corporate end of Hobart is very top heavy. They started me on an installation team that covered the northeast which I loved doing, then out of nowhere they did away with that division because it was too expensive I guess. I was told that I could either move over to service or find another job. I would not recommend this company to someone young and hungry looking to make good money. If you are middle aged or older and looking to coast into retirement and have no interest in advancing or getting raises then this company is perfect.
Pros
Work schedule, not physical or stressful, Pto
Cons
No OT, benefits are not as good as advertised
stressful
fast paced, which I like, but can be stressful at times
typical work day is basically, organize service calls and dispatch them on top of handling all the estimates for repair, managing the time of 12 technicians, traceability of cc info, phones, and admin duties.

hardest part-stress

most enjoyable-people
Tread cautiously
Has so much potential to be great; however, direction and messaging get lost frequently. Accountability isn't as strong as it could be, which leads to a lot of confusion and no results.
A typical day there was really busy from start to finish
A typical day there was really busy from start to finish which was great. The biggest challenges were the various customer specific guidelines and lack of training for the role. The people there were knowledgeable and great to work with. I learned a great deal while there.
Pros
Co-workers were AWESOME!
Cons
lack of training
management is poor
The management in this particular Hobart Service in Piqua, Ohio has terrible management. Overall the job and job tasks in both shipping and receiving are easy. The management and overall culture of the warehouse feels like a typical day in high school.
Field Tech Dallas
Good company, Good management at Dallas Branch.
Cons: some customers can make the job a pain sometimes.

Being on call

Pros: Pay, benefits, company vehicle. most fellow techs helpful

easy to get along with.
Overall review
As a whole Hobart/ITW is an awesome company to work for. A typical day for me is answering incoming calls, creating service orders, approved completed service orders, dealing with all warranty and contract claims. The workplace culture was not as good as I would want. I didn't receive the training that was promised to me. I have had to reach out to sources outside of my office to the corporate location to receive training on how to process warranty claims. I have been talked to like I am stupid and like I am bothering someone when I ask them a question. People talk over me when I am asked a question. The branch management is good in the field with the customers, but does not know how to deal with confrontation with his staff and lets a lot of things slide that in my eyes should not be per HR rules and guidelines as far as attendance goes with the other staff.
Cons
poor managment, lack of proper training
A great company to work for and able to progress throughout the company. The employees are a pleasure to work with and management is great to work for.
Good Company
Great benefits, pay is ok but not the greatest for the quality of workmanship expected and quantity of skills/ trades required to perform but is offset by the really good benefits provided by the company. Excellent insurance premiums save tons of money every year. Culture is good but each office is different and branch managers heavily dictate employees experience
benefits
Cons
compartmentalized branches- could be good or bad or can change with frequent new managers
This is a great company
It is not a 8 to 5 job everyday, not a hard job. But as companies go this is one of the best. Best technical support and technical manuals out there. Not all equipment breaks at convenient times and this is when some customers need service and cannot wait until the next day. The job is customer service and they pay our salaries. Training is fantastic and with time, troubleshooting and repair of the equipment comes easier.
Pros
Training, tools, benefits, vehicle, technical support
Cons
Traffic-but can you blame Hobart for that
Ask a question about working or interviewing at HOBART SERVICE. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9