Hobby Lobby

Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews

United States4,074 reviews
Found 4,074 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Hobby Lobby selected this as a representative review
Great Place to Work
Treat your customers with respect and go the extra mile for them... Hobby Lobby will go the extra mile for you. I advanced quickly in the business and I Loved it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Never ending busy work
Fun to work
A great work environment. Friendly coworkers. We all work as a team. We do have to stick with the dress code of khakis. Be prepare to learn the whole sales week.
Pros
Work well with school schedule.
Cons
Difficult to get in full time
The management wasn't all that great. It's almost like a good ol boys club. The small team leader I had didn't really know the job. He was always asking me how to do a certain task like remove a drive motor. There isn't much there when in comes to advancing either.
it was productive and organized
it was a great place to work at, The co workers were great and management was great too, They treated you like family and worked around your time schedule as well.
Busy Workplace
Hobby Lobby has many different shift times that correlate with your position in the company. Typically what a day looks like for me is being at a register and assisting with customers in any way possible and answering the phone. Hobby Lobby carries a positive environment with kind employees. Management is questionable.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Good
This is a good company to work for. They are great at working around your school schedule and are good at letting you take time off that you need. This is a good job.
everyone was very friendliy
everyone was very friendly I had a lot of tasks to do so it was nice to keep busy instead of just standing around and doing nothing when I was finished with one task I would move to the next
Workers
Really think about working there, a lot of people are difficult to deal with, employees mostly. Especially some managers. I felt like I should’ve been paid more for all of the things I dealt with for two years.
Fine place of work- worst customer experience
My negative feelings towards this company extend solely from poor management at the time I was working there (three years ago) and awful customers. The customer aspect can't be controlled- I don't know why, but Hobby Lobby attracts the worst kinds of individuals. As for poor management, I'm only referring to one manager who basically told me "the customer is always right" by letting a customer treat me terribly and then putting me down as if I was supposed to just let a customer, i.e., another human being, treat me like I was nothing simply because I was on the working side of the counter. Overall though the pay is good. If you can handle rude customers, you'll be fine.
Bad Management
Management often had very different views, one manager would tell you one thing, and the other would tell you to do something completely different. This often put me in a tough spot as I did not know who's instructions to follow, which caused me trouble sometimes. They also play a lot of favorites, so if you aren't liked as much as someone else. They will constantly put you on jobs that they know you dislike.
Pros
15% employee discount
Cons
They often make you stay way later than scheduled.
Not bad
All in all I didn’t dislike the job. My coworkers were kind and my bosses were generally nice, although sometimes a little ignorant. I’ve worked a few jobs and this one was just an average one. The customers were really rough though and the systems were so behind the times.
Hobby lobby
Good company to work for plus sundays off holidays are a bit stressful but you do get some what of a bonus manger at the I store I worked at was friendly and worked with schedule
I really enjoy working here.
I enjoy what I do at hobby lobby but it is time for a career change. I need a more career advanced position one that I can grow and learn with, and I think now is as good of time as any.
Pros
Wonderful staff and wonderful costumers
Cons
I believe that i have hit the peck of my potential
Better than other jobs
I have had jobs way worse, but this jobs does make you feel like you are being paid appropriately for what is expected of you. It is a very kind community for the most part and I enjoy the constant motion.
Great Place to Work
Hobby Lobby does an outstanding job at taking care of their employees (both full time and part time). The people that work in these stores are truly dedicated to helping make the customer feel like their needs come first. I loved working here as a part time worker and I would highly recommend it to any who are considering a place to work.
Hobby Lobby
The Hobby Lobby I worked at had a wonderful atmosphere. Working with staff and helping the customers was always a pleasure. However, If a staff member wants to progress further up in the company, there is no opportunities to do so.
Pros
Wonderful staff and decent pay
Cons
No job advancement
Easy low stress Job
The work is easy and pay is more than fair. It’s a craft store, so you’re surrounded by creative people constantly... very chill. Some tasks seem pointless because we move products around a lot but we get paid to do it so it doesn’t bother me. We get to decorate displays and use our creativity. I really like it. Advancement opportunities aren’t super often because nobody ever leaves. But it’s possible for motivated associates
Great Place To Work
I really enjoyed working here. The people were great, the hours fit what I needed at the time and the managers were great. I only left because I had my first child and had the opportunity to stay home with him :)
Easy tasks, mostly part-time
It is definitely a more conservative environment, but the work is pretty easy and the people are usually very friendly, both customers and employees.
The hours are pretty great, and you always get Sundays off, but you hardly ever get Saturdays off since that's the busiest day of the week.

The only major problem is they seem to be pretty stingy with the full-time positions. I know the one I worked at had a few full-time positions available, but they didn't seem to want to promote anyone to them.
Decent Starter Job
Working here is a pretty decent part time job for beginners seeking a job. It gets you in the mindset of how working is supposed to be and has a decent pay, but I wouldn't recommend staying at this job for a long time.
Average Retail
Good non-skilled labor wage upon full-time hire. Chances for advancement are few. Raises are non-existent. Managment tends to focus on mistakes which makes the atmosphere less than idea for any kind of solid training to take place.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hobby Lobby. Our community is ready to answer.
1.3K
1.2K
Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.