Hobby Lobby

Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews

United States5,402 reviews

Found 5,402 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,419 reviews
lobbysundaystorechristiancashierretailregistercraft

Great compensation package. It is also a family oriented environment.

Featured review

Hobby Lobby selected this as a representative review
Great company to work for. Professional and organized environment. Management is also great. The opportunity for advancement is there if you put in the effort and express the desire to excel.

What is the best part of working at the company?Your fellow employees , nice bonus after a few years What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Absolutely the worst management I’ve ever seen. No logic in duty’s . Do the same job 3 times in one dayWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?This is the most toxic environment I’ve ever been in.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Total chaos from the time you walk in the door.

Hobby Lobby insights

Based on 3,712 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Poor Management that plays favorites

The so called culture here is poor. Favoritism, Narcissism, and Hypocrisy rule the day, NOT strength, support and fairness. Oddly enough, if you are not broken and lazy, you will not be valued. Hard working self led people are assigned a task with people that choose "learned helplessness" resulting in a hard working person to do most of the heavy lifting. When said task is thus not completed, the hard working person is blamed. This location actually hired a people that have a dangerous background. Good job Hobby Lobby!

Pros

Some good co-workers

Cons

Management plays favorites, poor health care

It was fine

Working at hobby lobby had it's ups and downs. The people there were great but it was very rare to get out on time. Holidays felt like a marathon. It's definitely not easy work, so you have to be passionate about it.

Expendable

Managers, and corporate could care less about you as a person, they just need you to get the ridiculous amount of work they want done. Multiple times where HR and corporate has completely ignored me and fellow employees

No training program for current associates.

I have been with the company for 5 years. for the past 2 years I have been an assistant and have had to help train 3 out of the past 5 co-managers who have been hired. the company hires from outside the company instead of promoting from within for upper management positions. it seems they would have better management with someone who knows what they're doing with current employees who wish to advance their career and have a management program or something in place to help promote from within. Good place to work if you have a low ceiling of advancement. which is why im currently seeking a management position else where cause there are no opportunities here.

Great place to work if you don’t like social interaction and just trying to rack up your $ bag

Workplace was fine. For IC you have a quota to make every shift so just keep that in mind. I feel like it’s common sense since you’re in a warehouse and there’s hundreds if not thousands of items IC is responsible for keeping an accurate count of. And they get on to you if they see you talking. Makes sense when it’s effecting your quota but they also made it a point to get onto you even if someone was helping another person out with their count. ——-Does management care? Management cares which is huge for such a big corporation. I’ve worked at a couple of other big companies where management couldn’t care one bit about their workers but this place does. At least for IC (inventory control). I’ve heard some other positions not so much. ——What’s the turnover rate like?The turnover rate is pretty high for this position but I worked the overnight shift so I was getting paid differential pay. And understood why the turnover was higher for the overnight shift, reason being they couldn’t keep up physically and complained. And the hours are kinda weird. Which if you’re coming from a daytime desk job and you WANT a more physical job, definitely go for it. But if you’re coming from a daytime desk job and aren’t used to physical activity/work, or overnight hours don’t bother. I had seen so many people complain and never show up for their next day. They’re really strict when it comes to their point system, so even if they care about you as an individual, there’s not much they can do if you reach your max points. THEY WILL FIRE YOU. I saw so many of my elderly friends get fired. And NOT -

Pros

Awesome coworkers

Cons

Short breaks

What is the best part of working at the company?I enjoyed working there, especially helping the customers. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?No stress for me, l really enjoy working there What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The co-workers and managers were always helpful and pleasant working with. What is a typical day like for you at the company?I were hired as a stock worker.

Just okay

My main reason for the three stars is the management, as well as the lack of flexibility. It was very hard to get along with my manager, as I felt they did not treat their employees with as much respect as I felt we deserved. I know management may have changed since then though.

What is the best part of working at the company?I enjoyed working with the customers What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The store manager makes it stressful for all her employees What is the work environment and culture like at the company?You are over worked and under paidWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Stocking merchandise and helping customers

Horrible

Micro management is a huge thing here. Team leads don't have their stuff together. Management treats you like a child and has bogus rules. Yeah, that's all.

High standards, challenging environment, excellent schedule and pay for retail position

Corporate-level goals can be frustrating and difficult to meet but it's the store managers who make or break the job. There are no crazy Black Friday hours. Sometimes you are asked to work one or two Sundays during the holidays but it's typically optional. Schedules come out two weeks in advance. Some scheduling managers are extremely flexible and some are ornery, depends on the store.

Pros

Sundays off, rarely work before 8am or after 8pm, pays livable wage not just minimum

Cons

Terrible instrumental music will drive you bananas, customers think "Christian company" means you'll accept a return for something bought at Wal-Mart, a poor store manager can ruin the whole job

Ok I guess

Not too bad, if you have patience. Management is OCD about store, cannot leave once store closes until everything is PERFECTLY clean. The place isn't terrible to work, but it isn't great either.

Okay place to work.

The stuff they sell and produce is pretty cheap and low quality overall. The sales are all entered manually without a scanner, which slows the whole process down so much. It was fun to see and hear about people's projects and get inspired occasionally.

Ok

Customers were great management was not. Management needs a lot of improvement. There needs to be more of a customer service focus from the management.

High paced decent environment

Overall a great experience management was great. Issues were handled as soon as possible, and it was a decent schedule to overall follow. Would recommend.

Poor communication and no loyalty

After 8 years I was disregarded and treated like I had no loyalty. No missed days and one person said one bad thing and I was not a priority with seniority. You are just a badge number.

Not great

Some management was bad, some were ok. A lot of stupid rules enforced in some locations and not others. Left after 13 years because new manager was terrible and had no professional etiquette what so ever.

Job was static

Job was static, didn't really do much of anything in regards to changing. Staff and coworkers were nice, and customers were generally nice. I enjoyed getting lots of hours.

Keep head down and do your job

It's good if you keep quiet and do your job. Don't listen to the drama and management need their own rule book to follow if you make a mistake get ready to be fired.

Pros

On site clinic

Cons

Favoritism

What is the best part of working at the company?My peers were the best part, the pay.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Management was the worst part! What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Stressful , and it can even be hostile. Lots of drama! What is a typical day like for you at the company?It was good at the begining but they dont ever want you to go home it feels like.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hobby Lobby. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Hobby Lobby.
Powered byComparably

Compare Hobby Lobby with

Hobby Lobby reviews by popular job title

• Hobby Lobby
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?