Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews

Very nice and fun.
Asst Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJanuary 20, 2018
Everyone was very nice. We had dinners for the employees for birthdays and holidays. Nice lunch room area with refrigerator, stove, sink, dishes and cabinets to put our things in. Management was very nice and co-operative with everyone.
Pros
very clean and nice place to work
Cons
I had to leave a job I enjoyed because of surgery and was replaced by an ipad.
productive and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 20, 2018
The management was nice and welcoming and the co-workers were very friendly and helpful. the hardest part of the job is during Christmas. it's a even paced environment yet quick paced on holidays.
Pros
very nice co-workers
relaxed
Stockman/customer Associate (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJanuary 20, 2018
I worked in the back as a stock person, was responsible for cleaning and maintenance of the store. as well as sorting through shipments in and out of the store.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
wasnt able to work around school schedule
Cute job, with nice environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJanuary 20, 2018
A fun part-time job with flexible hours, and minimal pay. Would be a great job in high school. I enjoyed the crafts and the discounts. However this job is not a career.
poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Parker, COJanuary 20, 2018
management was awful. always yelling at employees on the sales floor in front of customers. rarely allowed time off for vacation even if it was a 2 week notice. took advantage of high school student staff.
Pros
discounts
Cons
everything else
Judgmental Management
Stockman (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 19, 2018
This is a great place to work if you like working with people who don't approve of your person. The company seems to be heavily religiously based and this is reflected in the management, never so much have I felt like I was in a church when I would rather be in a professional working environment.
Hobby Lobby was very busy
Part-time Seasonal Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 19, 2018
Seasonal job during Christmas rush--busy when you came in until the time you left. Sometimes worked late into the night to stock for next day. Store
Family and Church Friendly
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 18, 2018
Hobby Lobby is a friendly work environment to be in. Employees work well together and there was little drama. The best part of the job was being off work on Sundays.
It's okay
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 18, 2018
On a average day I would have to count my cash drawer, then make sure cashiers are practicing great customer service skills, pricing and tagging merchandise. Dealing with terrible managers, lack of training. Corporate office doesn't help; they up hold the laziness of the management team. The most enjoyable part of working there was gaining more experience under my belt.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Doesn't value great workers
Middle management is not on the same page with upper management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCJanuary 18, 2018
Middle managers(DMs and RVPs) are cutthroat and do not share the same values as upper management. Favoritism was rampant and because of this, standards varied wildly from one store to the next. Upper management has been successfully shielded from what actually happens at store level by DMs and RVPs.
Pros
Bonuses, Sundays closed, 8pm close
Cons
Middle mgmt not on same page as upper mgmt
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 18, 2018
I worked during the holidays so it was a seasonal position. Was hired part-time but as it got closer to holiday i was given more hours. Sometimes very busy and didn't get breaks. Lunches were only a half hour so if you needed to go somewhere to get lunch there wasn't much time. Hardest part of job was standing for long periods of time.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lot of standing
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJanuary 17, 2018
Some managers had poor attitude. They were always late with breaks and lunches. Some of the managers had very bad attitudes and some were very helpful
Pros
Some managers were very helpful
Cons
No benefits for part time
Nice place to work
sales associate and cashier (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 17, 2018
Great place to work. Managers are very easy to get along with. The other co-workers are also easy to get along with. Got to meet lots of new people.
Pros
discount on merchandise
Cons
was only hired as seasonal help

I loved my job
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILJanuary 16, 2018
I loved working for Hobby Lobby if I didn't hurt myself I would probably be a Store Manager by now. I loved the environment I
love the fast quick pace of the day.
Pros
pay
Cons
lot of hours
January 19, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback and taking the time to review our company. We also appreciate all the hard work you did daily to keep the store running!

Cashier (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJanuary 15, 2018
It is a difficult job, but the pay is excellent. The hardest part is memorizing all of the sales and different procedures for transactions. It is also often a fast paced environment.
Pros
Pay
Cons
no barcodes
January 19, 2018

It was a nice place to work for until the newest manager changed everything and is not trustworthy.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 15, 2018
Cashiering was usually non stop. You type everything in, no scanners, just for coupons. I learned a lot of different aspects of the job. If you want career advancement this is not the place. It takes years and years to go up or even to full time. I liked working here until the new manager, came in. This is his first store that he is the manager and he is doing a poor job at it. The lines are always so long because we didn't have enough cashiers. He didn't want us to talk and be friendly with each other and the customers and he can't even make a daily schedule right without messing it up. I can go on in on. Multiple people have quit just in the past few months that have been there a very long time. The hardest part at the end was i was very unhappy because of the environment.
January 19, 2018

We appreciate all the work you did for us daily and we know our stores wouldn't be a success without our wonderful associates! Thank you for your honest feedback and taking the time to review our company. We value your feedback and will continue to improve our management team.

fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 15, 2018
it was fun and very relaxed. management was great. i couldn't ask for a better team. the holidays are great as well. they are closed on Sundays so you can enjoy family time.
January 19, 2018

Love it. Can be slow at times but it is enjoyable.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 15, 2018
I work as a cashier so I am typically at the front. The management is good. Everyone works as a team greatly, like one big family. The hardest part is when its busy it can tend to be a bit stressful, but the job is great.
Pros
Breaks, flexible, fair treatment
January 19, 2018

We are so happy to hear your positive feedback about Hobby Lobby! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate all the hard work you do for us!

Not a good company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJanuary 15, 2018
Not the best job out there but I did make a few nice friends that i will miss. Management could use some training skills. What I learned was that the company is not what they claim to be.
Cons
Healthcare, benifits
January 19, 2018

We're sorry to hear about your experience. Thank you for your honest feedback and taking the time to review our company. We value your feedback and look forward to improving in the future.

Not a job for advancemnt
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYJanuary 15, 2018
Hobby Lobby is an okay place to work. It gets very hectic especially during the holidays. Very fast paced work environment. Poor management. Christian owned business. Hardest part of the job is how busy it gets and handling issues in a proper manner when it comes to upset customers. Enjoyable part of the job is seeing all the crafts and decorations coming in and seeing all the crafters coming into the store. Plus side is the store is closed on Sunday, so you get one guaranteed day off.
Pros
Employee discount, closed on Sundays
Cons
Poor Management
January 19, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hobby Lobby. Our community is ready to answer.