Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews

Found 2,919 reviews matching the search See all 2,924 reviews
unpleasant place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAJanuary 17, 2019
Register and check out process should be updated. It's ridiculous in this day and age that items are not scanned but all be put in by hand. Hence the reason for the constant long lines. It's an antiquated system. Also employees should help other employees rather than acting as if they are nothing but a bother. Acting as if employees are stupid seems to not go with a company who claims they are a Christian based company.
Pros
Cons
unpleasant working conditions and mean emoloyees and management
Stressful, and depending on your manager, you'll hate or love the stress.
District Framer (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 17, 2019
The management team will often try to not schedule breaks that Corporate has agreed to give you. They also tell you not to share your pay rate and raises with co-workers even though it's against the law. If you are a pushover, they will take advantage of you. Some managers will use scare tactics and guilt to scare employees out of using their Paid Vacation time. I suggest only strong-willed employees try to work here. READ AND MEMORISE THE EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK or you will be taken advantage of.
Pros
Two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch for 8hours of scheduled work.
Cons
You won't get those breaks if you don't know they cannot be taken from you.
Company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 17, 2019
The company is great to work for. They worked with my school schedule when I was in school. As soon as my internship was over, I went back to being a cashier.
Good Work Environment
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TX 78552January 17, 2019
Everyone here at Hobby Lobby is willing to help each other out in situations that new employees who are new to the facility. I loved Hobby Lobby and its employees.
Pros
Great communication with fellow employees
Cons
Short breaks or no break cause its busy at holidays
It's a job
Custom Framer (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 17, 2019
Poor work/life balance environment. Lucky to get enough hours weekly to keep benefits. Management communication is nonexistent. Only encouragement given by top management is that you are replaceable. If you just need a check, this is the place.
Pros
pay check
Cons
everything else
Really love it!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Gaylord, MIJanuary 16, 2019
I love working at Hobby Lobby, but after the holidays there are little to no hours. Over all its a great working environment. I actually don't hate comming to work.
Pros
Lunch breaks, Friendly Atmosphere
Cons
Little to no hours
Good work environment as part time
Lead Stockman (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Overall it's a good company, depending on your manager. Lots of in house drama though. Hours are really only good during holidays and inventory times.
Pros
discounts
Cons
drama
Workplace
Seasonal worker (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJanuary 15, 2019
It was great and exciting at first to work with everyone in the workplace. After a while though management changed an everything went down hill from there. After working there for almost 4 years it became unpleasant which was why I decided to leave.
Theres friendly people and good items in the store.
Cashier, floor, seasonal, resets (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, NYJanuary 15, 2019
Start of cleaning in the mornings and taking care of customers until the end of your shift, management depends on the location. The hardest part are dealing with nasty customers and making choices with problems they have.The most enjoyable part of the job would be to just be able to get around the store and do different things in different areas and also getting to meet new people and even becoming friends with co workers and/or getting to know repeat customers.
Pros
meeting new people and co workers
Cons
short breaks, no benefits for part timers
Bad job
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 14, 2019
Manager suck they don't treat you like people just numbers hard work don't pay off I was there every day on time got let go for no reason at all bad j
Pros
Employee are nice
Cons
Mangers micro managent
Fast- pace and productive
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJanuary 14, 2019
The management was outstanding, part time and full time associates were very helpful with guiding me to learn the "Hobby Lobby Way". The store revolved around teamwork and we always had a project to do, so everybody had multiple tasks to preform.
Wonderful place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJanuary 14, 2019
Hobby Lobby was my first paying job, it was fast-paced but manageable. Everyone was nice and generally relaxed, I did not intend to leave but was unfortunately laid off with the rest of the seasonal members due to the slow season. This was the best place I could have worked, the hours were usually good and the pay was good. The only thing that bothered me in all my time working there was that sometimes the schedule would be out late so it could be a bit hard to plan the next week. I did love the job and everyone I worked with, I would definitely recommend this job to anyone and everyone.
Pros
two 15 minute breaks, 30 minute lunch, 15% employee discount, friendly staff
Cons
late schedules
Management at store level
Framer (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 13, 2019
Several years ago I asked the then manager to be considered for a full time position as a department head in a different department to include assistant manager, the managers response was "all right". Some 5 weeks later a new assistant was appointed without me being told that a position was open. A year or so later the Framing Manager became open and I and another person was told that the District Manager would come and interview us, didn't happen. Two or three days later we are told that they had hired somebody from a different store. It appeared the "good ol' boy" network was working. During this period I also had my National Guard duties and a deployment. Let's move to more recent times and a new manager. I retired from the military a year ago. During that time the new Framing Manager has scheduled themselves to close once! This same individual is constanly on their cell phone, downplays their mistakes, emphasizes others, etc. An assistant manager position became open, I asked the manager how to let someone know I was interested, the response was "You just did." Sure enough, a couple of weeks later someone was hired from another store. Hobby Lobby has the right to hire whomever they want to for their leadership positions, but the lack of courtesy displayed for employees that want to move up, or disregarding employees that aren't doing their jobs causing others to pick up their slack leads to a less than desirable work atmosphere. Hobby Lobby as a company is a great company that espouses some of the Christian beliefs that I myself hold, but on a store level in some stores  more... the atmosphere is less than ideal.  less
Pros
Wages
Cons
See review
Goid
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJanuary 12, 2019
I love this store so working there was a good experience for me. I would go back there to work it's nice place good ppl back then. They worked with me because I had just had baby.
Stocker
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 12, 2019
Grabbed carts, helped stoco amd unload trucks on thursday. Dont pull something because they will make you work regardless.. bad schedules you can work from 2pm to 10pm then they eill have you come right back in at 8am the very next morning and get overwhelming.
Pros
Kind people
Cons
To religious
Productive and fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 12, 2019
Overall, I enjoyed my experience but I feel as if it could have been more professional. As a seasonal worker, I knew going in that there was a chance I wouldn’t have a job after Christmas. I didn’t find out the job ended until after Christmas. I think the employees should have been told because I’m out of a job now and had no time to look for a new one.
Pros
Nice people, flexible schedules
Cons
Short breaks, not understanding of family matters
Great Job
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Dora, FLJanuary 12, 2019
Great place to work. Friendly employees , breaks scheduled into work day, no sundays. I only worked part time so my pay wasnt great but full time has good pay and benefits.
nice place to work.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJanuary 11, 2019
Hobby lobby is a great place to work. Friendly environments and they take care of their employees. Easy to advance into management with the right people on your side.
Good retail job
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 10, 2019
There are many opportunities working for this company. They are always growing and opening new locations. People with ambition and solid work ethic will move into management eventually
Sad Christian Values Company With Not Much To Offer Working Here
Part Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Boone, NCJanuary 9, 2019
Lack of Management, Low Wages Lower Than WalMart, Not Many Hours, No Benefits, Cut Throat Company That Supposed To Have Values & Be Christian Based. Wouldn’t Recommend Working Here So Few Full Time Jobs & No Advancement Opportunities. Skip Working Here !!!
Pros
Small Pay Days
Cons
Working Environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hobby Lobby. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Hobby Lobby.

Powered by Comparably