Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews

Found 3,822 reviews matching the search
It’s an ok job
They don’t really treat their seasonal people all that great. Make them work long hours for little pay. Didn’t let seasonal people know that they were done until a week before Christmas
Advancement
Terrible management and organization staff turnover, poor leadership, no empathy, bad work culture

Negative environment lack of communication to staff
Great Company but not much on growth and moving up in positions for females and lack of respect by management
Ok Not bad overall just bad management and upper management for employees!! And lack of respect for family time and entitled vacations at holiday times . Vacation only allowed from February till September .
Total BS!!
This company treats you like a disposable product. And lord forbid you get sick and have a doctors note and are out for a week cause it won’t save you! They complain about being short handed but for the bs they fire ppl for I’m not surprised as to why. Don’t be late by a second! Don’t get me wrong there are some great team leads but management is trash. They tell you good job but do better. They lack empathy but drill you on how this job is priority. They keep bible quotes everywhere but believe me it’s only for show!
Overall Great Place to work for
My review rating would be a 5 I think think the employees were great as well as the staff. Cons, I wasn't getting enough hours. Typically a day at work consists of learning new areas and different job tasks throughout the workplace.
Pros
30% Discount
Cons
Not enough hours
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Hobby Lobby
I had a great experience set the whole store up for grand opening.I also enjoyed becoming a cashier and keeping all my customers satisfied.I would still be there but the job was only seasonal.
A productive place to work at
I really enjoyed working at hobby lobby. I just decided to go back to school for better opportunities. There wasn't many hours available, and the pay was okay.
Hobby Lobby
It’s a faith based craft store and management and employees are pleasant to work with. I have over 22 years of experience and learning something new is very helpful and exciting to me.
Productive and joyful place to go to work
Hobby Lobby gives the opportunity to young and adults people to work as long as you work and respect their rules. Hobby Lobby, associate workers are team players, we all help each other when we need it.
The company has good benefits for the Full time employees. we have meeting every day in the morning and at the end of the day. The store manager thank us for our daily work day.
Productive and fun
Everyone is pretty close cause its not a big store but that can also suck if you dont get along with someone. They do things a little different but once you get the hang of it its a nice place to work
Horrible
They are not the “Christian” company they like to spout out. If you work in the warehouse you are nothing to any of them. They are a horrible company
A good leader/boss/manger etc. will get the most out of me. I love doing good for the team and a competent leader
I’ve always had good relationships with my manager but April really changed the my role and gave me an opportunity to step up and actually be a needle mover on the job. I’ve always loved making people I look up to (or work for) happy or proud and she did a really good job of molding me into a focused always looking for something to be better kinda worker.
Good coworkers but bad managers
Company and job is great to work for. You can have fun while learning different departments. The manager was awful and put herself first. She made it difficult to get off for religious reasons. Keeping people over way longer than necessary in-order to say that she is in charge. Employees otherwise were great to be around and become friends, but you also have to be careful with who you speak to. They may use it against you
the hardest part of the job
i love this job not only for the good pay but because i like thefact you dont have to deal with costumers you have your assigned duties and you can grow in the company. i loove the order puller job since it is fast pace and you set a goal everyday. the only thing that is the hardest is to have less than 5 tardies in 90 gay period. you cant be 1 minute late or they counted as no call no show evem if you show up.
Good for Current Students
I am a part-time worker at Hobby Lobby. I work in the Frame Shop as a customer framer. I also work in other departments and I have to be knowledgable in other subjects. It is a great job for students.
I would not recommend this company just based off of their business ethicd
Owners and management lacked integrity. Their beliefs were hypocritical of what they wanted the general public to believe. They are a corporation that exploits the people working for them. You have to sign a mutual arbitration agreement to be employed there but they do not follow that. They do this to avoid costly litigation, yet they do not follow this. ATTENTION all Employees- they will not not follow this agree! Join a Union now!
Lies
They use the words Christian company but all in all its pure garbage. They have no respect for the individual and will not allow you to move up if your not one of the pets
Horrible hobby lobby
Has high expectations that are completely unrealistic to almost every employee in the store. Store manager plays favorites even if you're working 10x as hard.
Very good company
Very good company. I liked working with the hobby lobby employees. I was seasonal so I was let go but of I could I would go back to work for them. I really liked them.
Productive and fun workplace
Great employees; everyone at my current store has worked together for years. It's almost like working with family. Very relaxed, management is easy to work with. Our store also has a lot of regualr customers, they're always fun to chat with. A typical work day is fairly easy going, usually cleaning or stocking shelves. I really enjoy meeting all the people that come through the store and hearing about the different craft projects they're planning.
Pros
Family atmosphere, great management, fun workplace
Cons
short breaks, not enough hours
Not as good of a place as made to believe
They wrongfully terminate managers and long time employees. Once an employee leaves they never fill the position. They just force more onto your work load.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hobby Lobby. Our community is ready to answer.
1.3K
1.2K
Ratings from women
2.5
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight