Hoerbiger Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
The entire place is a contradiction.
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJuly 17, 2018
The idea behind the company is good. They will put you through machine school, match your 401K, give you PTO(Don't expect to be able to use it without accumulating points), give you sick time(make sure you give them 48hrs notice on when you're going to be sick), and give optional weekends off. However management is only consistent with changing your job description and lying to you about promotions and raises. Management is very consistent with always asking you to do more without proper pay incentives. They are always contradicting themselves on what they want their shop floor workers to do. This makes it near impossible to properly train someone for a new position. They are constantly changing their work procedures for the whole shop causing their late orders to constantly rise higher piling on more stress to the shop workers. The place is in shambles. They have a high turnover rate amongst new employees and most of the long term employees are disgruntled and constantly complaining about how bad management is. They also have a bad habit of not adhering to certain policies mainly involving pay. You'll find a lot of good hearted people on the shop floor working the machines, however. You'll enjoy working with a lot of the people here, but be careful of management.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Management, inconsistency, empty promises
Best Job I've Had
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 9, 2018
People their are easy to get along with, willing to train you on any and all machines. Work with you on a personal level, job is not that hard just have to want to work. Be willing to work
Pros
Bosses will buy you lunch at times
Cons
Hot at times in shop
Fun work place
Good management
Nice boos
Friendly colleagues
Helping nature of management
Support from all team mates
Worse place I have every worked.
PEON (Former Employee) –  FLMarch 8, 2018
Poor management. Unorganized. You get what you pay for.If your not willing to pay for people who know what they are doing. Your products will be garbage. Dealing with stupid was the hardest part.
Pros
Cons
Glad I"m gone.
productive environment
Assembly Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 5, 2018
A typical work day consisted of 8 hours on assembly, inspect parts, sort parts. We were also expected to keep work area clean. The hardest part was being notified at the last minute that we needed to work over.
Great internship
IT/MIS Intern (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALFebruary 12, 2018
Great internship, worked there a full year while in college. Would recommend their technical internship to any college student looking for good experience.
Horrible Management
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLFebruary 9, 2018
Management lives in a fantasy world. Totally clueless on work related issues. They throw you a few dollars to put up with constant turmoil. Place is a joke...
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Too many to list
Management are spineless
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLFebruary 5, 2018
If you want to work where Interns who are related to someone come back as your boss and they get rid of long term employees who have product knowledge then this is the place for you. They spend a lot of money but do not give raises, as a matter of fact, when sales are down they give pay cuts.
Good job
CNC machine operator (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJanuary 30, 2018
Good place to work, but robotic arms took over a lot of employees. Good benefits, good employee treatment. There's a meeting almost every week to update us about the company. Love this place.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Robotic arms taking over employees.
Enjoyable and manigable office position
Administrative Assistant & receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2018
I enjoyed working in this office, there were many daily tasks, but also occasions where you would have to find creative ways to coordinate new efforts made by various departments and team members
Pros
Worked right in dowdown Houston
Cons
It was a temp position
It was a great place to Intern at, to learn about the hydraulics industry.
Test Engineer - Internship (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MIJanuary 23, 2018
small workplace so you get to know everyone very well. Utilized a nice combination of hands on and office work. It was a great place to get an insight into the testing side of the industry.
Great staff
Bi-lingual Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJanuary 21, 2018
I had a great Manager. All the managers were great staff. Friendly environment. I left because company didn't pay well for the position and required too much.
Stressful
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJanuary 21, 2018
Hoerbiger is probably the worst managed company in the compressor industry. Unrealistic goals and management changes the game plan every 90 to 180 days. Impossible to sustain good reputation with customers.
Pros
health care benefits
Cons
senior management
Bad Management
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJanuary 3, 2018
I left because they couldn't keep good management staff. They were never consistent on what they were wanting you to do. Job description constently changed.
Pros
Employees were great to work for
Cons
Bad Management
Production
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALOctober 18, 2017
This was my first production plant job I enjoyed til I got laid off of lack on revenue and money . I would go back if the job was still in USA but I really enjoyed the ppl and the company
Great team
IT Administrator (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLOctober 10, 2017
Love the team and workplace. The IT manager is great. You rarely stay later then your scheduled time. Everything is time management. The team and manager are there to help you solve problems.
Pros
Vacation leave on time
Cons
Distance
Poor work environment, no trust in management, no support from corporate on issues at the local level.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, AL 36830October 8, 2017
Worst manager I have experienced in my working career. Did not give me the increase in compensation he promised me as part of the offer letter, became very difficult to work around and with, extremely poor communicator, not trustworthy, reached out to corporate who knew all of these things and offered no assistance at all. No trust in corporate management. Saw people quit because of the culture and this manager and others fired for no reason and corporate didn't seem to care about any of it. By far a poor company to work for.
Balanced and good management
PC Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLSeptember 25, 2017
Balanced, friendly coworkers.
Good management: Excellent coaching from colleagues, learning opportunity, supervisor was supportive and praised on job well done.
Pros
Good management
Great place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLSeptember 22, 2017
I would strongly recommend applying and working at Hoerbiger for anyone looking to get a foot in the door of a High-Tech company that utilizes the latest technologies and innovation.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
company layoffs
Good Co.
Production/Logistics/Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALSeptember 18, 2017
They are a good Co. but relocated business to Poland and no longer had opportunities in the US so I had to look for another job, now I am in Toledo OH