Hoffman Car Wash & Jiffy Lube Employee Reviews

Good Job for Younger Employees
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYJuly 17, 2018
Flexible work schedule, great pay for repetitive work that allows your mind to wander a bit, and fun co-workers. The company overall has good intentions, produces a good product, and treats its people very fairly. Would recommend this as a place of employment.
Pros
Strong bond with coworkers, good pay, flexible schedule
Cons
COLD winters, HOT summers (positions other than line attendants required to wear long pants year-round)
Awesome place to work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYMay 2, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company. They are a very opportunist company, they do well for their staff, and I would recommend any one who has drive and would like a pleasant place to work, to work here.
Pros
Excellent management staff.
Nice
Line Attendant (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYApril 23, 2018
Typical day at work is 7 hours of cleaning out cars. I learned how to clean out a car properly. The management there is very understanding that people have there own lives. Workplace culture good. Hardest part of job is the pit. Most enjoyable part is being in the line.
A Job If You Absolutely Can Find No Other
Customer Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 1, 2018
You're better off working almost anywhere else. The pay and benefits are lousy. The management does nothing. The job itself is so rigorous that it with literally injure you.
Flexible and Excellent Place to Work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYJanuary 4, 2018
This job is weather dependent. The pace is slow when it rains or snows. However, when the weather is nice working at the car wash becomes fast paced. The winter season is busiest because in the northeast the roads are salted, which leads to dirty cars. This job helps to teach organization, collaboration, discipline, perseverance, diligence, accountability, and integrity. Management staff are understanding and professional when interacting with coworkers and customers. Working here is enjoyable because the environment is friendly, rewarding, engaging, flexible, and supportive.
Horrible management @ the queensbury location.
Line Attendant (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYNovember 28, 2017
I showed up early, never late, always performed my duty.
One week i inquired about the schedule due to living an hour away. The manager never got back to me and laid me off the following day.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Manager
Good
Guest Services/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYOctober 3, 2017
The management was very kind and friendly. Most of the employees are kind and funny and welcoming if you are new. I leaned a lot about customer service and how to work a cash register.
Fun work place , good environment with great people
Hospitality Associate (Current Employee) –  1091 Ulster Ave , Kingston NYAugust 24, 2017
I love my job. It's a good environment surrounded with a bunch of great people. They pay fair and everyone is treated the same. Definitely a fun workplace
Advancement Opportunities
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYAugust 18, 2017
I have worked for Hoffman Car Wash for 4 years now. I started as a Line Attendant and I recently was promoted to an Assistant Manager. It is a great place to work. I recommend it to all of my friends.
I have experience in home health ,car dealing landscape
Line Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYOctober 12, 2016
I'm very dependable on time friendly that time out for others . Very polite and have reliable . I have 3 1/2 year experience in car dealing, 2 year In home health care, landscape I have 5 year . I did child care off and on for years.
Pros
Relabile clean friendly take breaks on
Cons
Come back from break early
Great Company!!
Car Wash Team Member (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYSeptember 21, 2016
Great company to work for. Fun and friendly work environment. I make 3 dollars an hour in tips on top of my hourly rate. They gave me a review and raise after only 90 days. I get a free car wash once a week.
Pros
Free Car washes and uniforms
Fun place to work.
Car Wash Team Member (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYSeptember 21, 2016
Good working atmosphere with competitive pay. I love the free car washes! I got a salary review and a raise after only 90 days which was great. They also give free uniforms.
fun job
Carwash Attendant/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Delmar, NYAugust 30, 2016
it was cool met a lot of new people and learned great customer service. a typical day would be washing cars and having some fun. My co-workers were great and I really liked the job. just wish they had more hours because I would of never left the job
Pros
great job
Cons
no work hours
Fast paced work enviorment
Car Wash Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYMarch 21, 2014
Washing cars down with pressure washer, Pre-soaking cars for car wash, running car wash, Interior detailing, vacuum car interiors, throwing out garbage's, sweeping, mopping.

Good co-workers

Good Management

Most enjoyable part of the job was Cleaning/Detailing cars.
Pros
Fast paced work environment
Cons
Pay wasn't good
Fun first job
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYOctober 27, 2013
I started at Hoffman Carwash in August 2006 as a 16 year old who loved cars. Being able to drive such a wide array of cars at such a young age was originally what drove me to apply. I began to really enjoy my job as well as the employees who some of which became friends for life. As time went on I was promoted to Service Adviser which is a salary plus commission sales job that rewards you the harder you work to upsell different services. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the rejection of up sells day after day and maintaining a positive out look. While my numbers were still superb week to week, it was tough at times to stay motivated. The most enjoyable part of my job was becoming friendly with so many consistent customers who come in every week.
Over the course of my time there I learned a lot about responsibility, motivation, and hard work. I have enjoyed my 7 years at Hoffman Carwash and would do it all over again if I could.
Okay place to work for
Line Attendant (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYOctober 12, 2013
Able to work outside and have great co-workers while working around my other jobs
Dictatorship
Line Attendant (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYJune 23, 2013
Too many authority figures (6 managers and god only knows how many supervisors) One person will teach you something one way and then you'll get yelled at by someone else and get retaught. DO NOT APPLY
Pros
Playing with a hose
Cons
Everything else
Average-Positive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYOctober 12, 2012
-A typical day at work included customer service, sales, cashiering, administrative duties such as daily checkout paperwork, cleaning and stocking
-I learned how to provide better customer service
-The management could have been better, but it was decent at least
-The hardest part of the job was juggling a variety of tasks at once, though it was always managable and I always did so without becoming flustered.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers
Pros
free lunches
Cons
hours were cut because of weather often; no room for advancement
Plan on getting wet and dirty
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vestal, NYAugust 12, 2012
We typically just wash cars every now and then we do general janitorial work around the property.
Pros
you can wear shorts and sneakers during the summer!
Cons
benefits, steady income

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hoffman Car Wash & Jiffy Lube. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2