Hoffman Car Wash & Jiffy Lube Employee Reviews

Stressful but fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYMay 11, 2019
Fun job but it can be stressful at times. The people you work with are amazing besides some. It can get awful but all and all it is an amazing job to have if you are a teenager looking for a job
Productive and positive work environment . Keeps your on your toes
Greeter/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 20, 2019
Overall Hoffmans is a great work experience . Especially with the up close work with a variety of customers. There can be very slow days which tend to make the work day little frustrating but the busy and constant days make up for that. Managers are very reasonable
Pros
More hours
Cons
Hard to reach overtime
dont get hurt
General Manager (Former Employee) –  variedApril 5, 2019
great employer, as long as you don't file a workers comp claim that's when everything went to downhill. was "let go" because I was out of work for a work related injury, caused by doing something unsafe, at the direction of a senior executive.
fast paced
Line Attendant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NY 12205December 12, 2018
fast paced environment with day to day operations
interacting with customers
cleaning of cars
handling of money
discounts coupons for free car cleanings
Pros
lunch area
Cons
short breaks
unenjoyable quality of work
Line Attendant (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYOctober 16, 2018
I was usually called out or pushed back a shift due to weather or inadequate scheduling by the managers. I didn't get hours when I needed/wanted them and 30 minute lunch brakes.
Not a bad starting point.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 4, 2018
Hoffman Carwash a good starting point for anyone who is looking for training in the aspects of learning how to manage employees, operations and organization, and furthering your abilities to being a multifaceted individual. There is much room for advancement within the company as well.
Pros
Good on the Job experience.
Cons
I feel wages should be higher.
Pace based environment
Store Trainer (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYAugust 6, 2018
Working here is a great place to work. The pace of the day is almost entirely based on the amount of traffic that comes through the door. A busy day there is a lot of cars and a lot of hustle and bustle, but management is there to help production. Slower days there's less to do, but theres still jobs to be done doing various tasks between cars.
Good Job for Younger Employees
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYJuly 17, 2018
Flexible work schedule, great pay for repetitive work that allows your mind to wander a bit, and fun co-workers. The company overall has good intentions, produces a good product, and treats its people very fairly. Would recommend this as a place of employment.
Pros
Strong bond with coworkers, good pay, flexible schedule
Cons
COLD winters, HOT summers (positions other than line attendants required to wear long pants year-round)
Awesome place to work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYMay 2, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company. They are a very opportunist company, they do well for their staff, and I would recommend any one who has drive and would like a pleasant place to work, to work here.
Pros
Excellent management staff.
Nice
Line Attendant (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYApril 23, 2018
Typical day at work is 7 hours of cleaning out cars. I learned how to clean out a car properly. The management there is very understanding that people have there own lives. Workplace culture good. Hardest part of job is the pit. Most enjoyable part is being in the line.
A Job If You Absolutely Can Find No Other
Customer Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 1, 2018
You're better off working almost anywhere else. The pay and benefits are lousy. The management does nothing. The job itself is so rigorous that it with literally injure you.
Flexible and Excellent Place to Work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYJanuary 4, 2018
This job is weather dependent. The pace is slow when it rains or snows. However, when the weather is nice working at the car wash becomes fast paced. The winter season is busiest because in the northeast the roads are salted, which leads to dirty cars. This job helps to teach organization, collaboration, discipline, perseverance, diligence, accountability, and integrity. Management staff are understanding and professional when interacting with coworkers and customers. Working here is enjoyable because the environment is friendly, rewarding, engaging, flexible, and supportive.
Horrible management @ the queensbury location.
Line Attendant (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYNovember 28, 2017
I showed up early, never late, always performed my duty.
One week i inquired about the schedule due to living an hour away. The manager never got back to me and laid me off the following day.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Manager
Good
Guest Services/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYOctober 3, 2017
The management was very kind and friendly. Most of the employees are kind and funny and welcoming if you are new. I leaned a lot about customer service and how to work a cash register.
Fun work place , good environment with great people
Hospitality Associate (Current Employee) –  1091 Ulster Ave , Kingston NYAugust 24, 2017
I love my job. It's a good environment surrounded with a bunch of great people. They pay fair and everyone is treated the same. Definitely a fun workplace
Advancement Opportunities
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYAugust 18, 2017
I have worked for Hoffman Car Wash for 4 years now. I started as a Line Attendant and I recently was promoted to an Assistant Manager. It is a great place to work. I recommend it to all of my friends.
I have experience in home health ,car dealing landscape
Line Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYOctober 12, 2016
I'm very dependable on time friendly that time out for others . Very polite and have reliable . I have 3 1/2 year experience in car dealing, 2 year In home health care, landscape I have 5 year . I did child care off and on for years.
Pros
Relabile clean friendly take breaks on
Cons
Come back from break early
Great Company!!
Car Wash Team Member (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYSeptember 21, 2016
Great company to work for. Fun and friendly work environment. I make 3 dollars an hour in tips on top of my hourly rate. They gave me a review and raise after only 90 days. I get a free car wash once a week.
Pros
Free Car washes and uniforms
Fun place to work.
Car Wash Team Member (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYSeptember 21, 2016
Good working atmosphere with competitive pay. I love the free car washes! I got a salary review and a raise after only 90 days which was great. They also give free uniforms.
fun job
Carwash Attendant/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Delmar, NYAugust 30, 2016
it was cool met a lot of new people and learned great customer service. a typical day would be washing cars and having some fun. My co-workers were great and I really liked the job. just wish they had more hours because I would of never left the job
Pros
great job
Cons
no work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hoffman Car Wash & Jiffy Lube. Our community is ready to answer.

Hoffman Car Wash & Jiffy Lube Reviews by Location