Hoffmaster Group, Inc

Hoffmaster Group, Inc Employee Reviews

Union employees are wonderful but management is clueless.They do not tell you when you start that you really need to be available 24/7. After your training if they don’t need to run machines in your department you will be “bumped”.Any shift, any department.No vacation the first year and then prorated.Summer is the busy time with a lot of overtime.
Not an organized place. always out of materials. You can not do your job properly. Management does not respect the employees. Constant layoffs. Not sure how the place functions with such poor management.
The management and supervisor teams do not have any real management skills. There is a lot of favoritism, bias, bullying, humiliation, and finger pointing done by managers and supervisors. HR and upper management will not put an end to these practices and will fabricate data and reports to their owners to cover up the harassment that takes place. Upper management will never know your name or face and if you don't have a title you should not say hello. The customer service manager and supervisors have no training strategies and cannot be working managers because they were favored into their positions. They place unrealistic work loads and responsibilities onto each team member and will use it as leverage to terminate employees. Behind closed doors they are cruel and make upsurd accusations against you, however when you report them to HR nothing is done about it because there is no proof. There is a perk to this company and department, if you have great natural skills in being a snitch and a brown nose then you'll advance in less than a year and do minimal work.
Pros
The product is top quality and they have employee sales.
Cons
everything
I worked here through a temp agency for 3 months was told I was going to hired on full then around the 3 month period I got laid off randomly. Never missed a day even worked additional shifts. This place cares nothing about their employees. Heat levels are excessive like 100+ at times all the time. Dust levels are excesive enough to give you breathing problems. Not recommended 1
Pros
2 on 2 off and not haveing to work both fist and second shift
Cons
Excesive heat, no job security, no training, excessive dust levels
most people stay because they pay good. But they don't care about their employees. They work them to the bone and treat them like a number. They over work and expect way too much. Yes the pay is good and you get plates, napkins, ext. For free but you can be fired for having medical problems and they don't care.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
This is a very good company to work for - especially third shift. Good pay, apprenticeship opportunities as well as good leader support. come to Hoffmaster third shift maintenance!
I have been with the Hoffmaster Group for 5 years and I often say that overall, this is the best company that I have worked for. "I love my job, I love the people that I work with and I love the company." Strong management, good culture, and just an overall good place to work.
Very nice place to work overall clean environment to work clean bathrooms clean break room employees are nice and management make sure you are informed about things going on in company
Good company, I would work there again. Management has changed since I have worked there which is a plus. The employees I worked with were wonderful and I still keep in touch with many of them.
Pros
Free product
Cons
They need to listen to their floor employees a bit more
I spent 30 years with this company, and was given the support and guidance needed to excel in my role(s). My previous boss spent time and attention toward my continued improvement.
I started here in 1986 as a napkin operator and ran napkin machines along with some specialty machines until 2008 when I applied for and was successful in getting the Safety Advocate/Trainer job which I have been in for the last 10 years.
Pros
Fast paced so my days go by quick
Cons
Some missed breaks
Reactive instead of Proactive Safety Culture. Co-workers generally pleasant. Very old machines, some newer high-speed additions. Different rules and considerations for different employees.
Pros
Paid sick days, uncommon in a union environment
Cons
Reactive Safety Culture
Rotating shifts. Very dusty and dirty. Most of the people were very easy to get along with. Very fast paced.The hardest part was the repetition.
All about numbers. Management does not know how to do their reports jobs and does not show interest in learning. When employees with longevity and great experience are fleeing at a rapid pace this should tell management something, but yet they still do nothing to keep the ones they have.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no room for advancement, very cliquey, stay away from marketing department!
The best part of my position is getting our work force tp achieve beyond there own goals. I genuinely value the work force and their accomplishments.
Pros
pace, very fast
Cons
24/7 work schedule at times
The environment was very relaxing and friendly. There were many computer upgrades during my time there, but the training provided was excellent. My supervisor and co-workers were great. We still get together for breakfast as a group. The hardest part of the job was the lack of cooperation between customer service and the warehouse. The best part were my customers and co-workers.
Pros
Friendships
Cons
Company relocated and I lost my job
I did bank reconciliations and assisted staff accountants, accounts payable clerk, and also accounts receivable. I really enjoyed the accounts payable area with the girls I worked with and the responsibilities I had. I was disappointed with the lack of training when taking on a new challenge and there were no opportunities to advance.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lack of training, management, too many chiefs