Hofstra University Employee Reviews

Coordinator for Systems Support (Current Employee) –  Hempstead, NYApril 5, 2018
Hofstra co-workers have a strong work ethic and are very collaborative.In Student Financial Services employees from different department come together to celebrate Birthdays at the end of the month.
Director of Major Gifts (Current Employee) –  Hempstead, NYMarch 28, 2018
Hofstra is a great institution in higher education. Well managed, great culture. Have learned a lot from my boss as he is an excellent Chief Development Officer. Most enjoyable part is working with our Donors, understanding their philanthropic objectives and goals and helping them attain these goals. Also great to work with our alumni, parents, friends and our student body who wish to see Hofstra further grow and develop.
Nice place to work
Adjunct Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Hempstead, New YorkMarch 26, 2018
As a former teacher I enjoy working at the Curriculum Material Center three weekday evenings and helping teachers their questions.
I work at the main library on Sundays for four hours.
Pros
Short hours
Fun place to work with great benefits, but low salary, understaffed and quick turnover of employees
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYMarch 12, 2018
Hofstra is a beautiful campus and I always felt very welcome. It felt like there was also a real sense of a community. Unfortunately, pay is very low (especially compared to other schools) and there isn't much room for mobility. My office, in particular, was always understaffed and there was always quick turnover. Due to this, most people cannot be very knowledgeable in their area and cannot fully train another person.

It was a very stressful/fast-paced environment and I had to do a lot of extra work to make up for vacant job positions. Management in my office was not good. Benefits are good (I took advantage of tuition remission) and vacation is great (22 days), but I was never allowed to take a full week off for trips due to the constant need for more administrators.
Pros
Vacation time, sense of community, lovely campus
Cons
Low pay, understaffed, fast turnover of administrators
Easy and not too stressful
Event Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2018
Working at Hofstra isn't bad for students. The jobs are doable and the hours are flexible. Management is understanding. The workplace is very comfortable.
Fan place to work for students
Event Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, NYMarch 6, 2018
At the same time as I was studying I was working part time at Hofstra University. The staff was really friendly and helpful if needed. Hours were flexible and pay were fair.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Part time
Adjunct
Associate Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Hempstead, NYMarch 2, 2018
I am an adjunct at Hofstra University. I love my job, but need more income, since I am part time. Looking for summer work now. My colleagues are bright and strive toward student excellence. The Drama and Dance Department is progressive and focused.
Pros
Colleagues, pestige
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and Creative Environment
Technical Assistant and Student Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2018
Amazing place to work considering I am a full-time student at the university and work two jobs. They are considerate about class schedules, extracurriculars, and prior commitments.
It was great
Undergraduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, NYJanuary 18, 2018
Had awesome bosses. With its close proximity to New York City and annual sponsorship of some 500 cultural events, Hofstra University is a happening place. The private, nonsectarian four-year university has an annual enrollment of some 11,450 full- and part-time students
Design Department
Graphic Artist (Current Employee) –  Hempstead, NYJanuary 4, 2018
Answer client calls, Design work from beginning to end and or pick up existing art files and build upon it with a new brand.

Relaxed enviroment, happy social employees.
Pros
4 week vaccation
Cons
No cons
Many opportunities.
Mail Clerk to Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, NYDecember 29, 2017
So much room for advancement at Hofstra University. It also allows you to learn different things among the different departments at the university. The great thing for full timers is the tuition reimbursement.
School Job, good pay
MARKETING RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, NYDecember 29, 2017
While working at Hofstra as a student can often be boring, my particular job allowed me to be compensated better than most and my supervisors were always very friendly.
Okay
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, NYNovember 15, 2017
I enjoyed my time working in the laboratory at Hofstra. It was a good environment and energy. I learned a lot and gained a lot of experience during my time there.
It was a great opportunity to learn about journalism and reporting the news.
Anchor (Former Employee) –  Hofstra Univ, NYNovember 14, 2017
It was a great opportunity to learn about journalism and reporting the news. i was able to learn how to interact with other colleagues and other benefits of working in a professional environment.
Awsome
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Hempstead, NYNovember 13, 2017
Great place to work.Noses treat you like a grown up.its fast pave,there's always something going on.the students are very respectful which makes our job easier
productive and helpful
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, NYNovember 9, 2017
I worked with two doctoral students who were completing their dissertations. I learned how to code behavior as well as enter data in to SPSS. My time here doing research was intersting and helped me learn about how research is conducted.
Hof
Public Safety Officer (PSO) (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, NYOctober 26, 2017
Great place to work if you are a student aspiring to make some more moves eventually in the future. But the pay is horrible so this isn't a job that can pay your bills.
Student Aide
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hempstead, NYOctober 22, 2017
Great work balance between hours of work and class. Associates are understanding about class requirements and the interaction between employees and students is pleasant.
Student (Current Employee) –  Hempstead, NYOctober 19, 2017
Productive university. Hofstra University is useful platform to gain experience in business field while balancing a division I sport.
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2017
It is easy going and the bosses understand
Comfortable work space
Very relaxed
You can do homework whilst on the job
Easy to take off
Easy job requirements
Pros
Works with schedules
Cons
Na