Hogan Transportation Culture reviews

Very unprofessional management team!
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 19, 2019
The manager at this location is the most incompetent person you will ever work for. Everything is always someone else’s fault and he will never take any responsibility for poor judgment made on taking care of customers needs. You very rarely see him out of his office and he excludes himself from the everyday activities as much as possible. When direction is needed from him he acts bothered by needing his help. I would never recommend anyone I know work for this company. Upper management is just as bad, let’s correct the issue instead of just sweeping it under the rug as we lose good employees that have served the company for long periods of time!
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Horrible culture in most locations!
Treated fairly for 20 years.
Technician (Current Employee) –  MOJune 15, 2018
No place is perfect. However, if you are realistic about a job Hogan is a great place to work. Great family run company that I am proud to be a part of. 20 years of steady employment for me.
Pros
Nice compensation package, treated respectfully.
Slower paced
Technician (Former Employee) –  Moraine, OHMarch 25, 2018
Overall good company, not a lot of politics, the pay isn’t very good though. I probably wouldn’t go back unless there is a different location offering more.
Excellent family owned and operated company
Specialist (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 29, 2017
This company is family owned and operated and really tries to make employees feel like part of the family. It is growing as a logistics company nationwide and has a great reputation as an honest and legit place to work and to use as a carrier services. I’ve enjoyed my time at Hogan and would and have recommended this company to others.
Pros
Great work environment, advancement opportunities for drivers and office staff alike, competitive pay, family/home life, great benefits
Cons
Expensive benefits
Quiet Enviroment
Safety Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOAugust 5, 2017
A typical work day at Hogan Transport for me was quiet and slow paced. This is my first time working for a trucking company. I've learned a lot about the DOT process and the necessary things that are required for our drivers. The management staff is great. They are down to earth and easy to talk to. The work culture for the most part is good. Nothing to really complain about. The hardest part of my job getting my accounts to sent me the required information in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking the drivers on a daily basis.
my coworker was very nice also
Monitor (Current Employee) –  Willoughby, OHJuly 18, 2017
Hogan was a very easy job that i really enjoyed..also the client i had i grew to love he was very smart and very intelligent,,i can say a great experience it was,,
Official response from Hogan Transportation
October 9, 2017

We appreciate your positive feedback and review. We do take pride in our company, and want to make sure employees are satisfied with working at Hogan.

Didn't keep there promise on miles per week.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOFebruary 19, 2016
I enjoyed seeing the use through tractor trailer. I was solo so I didn't meet co-workers that often but when I did they seemed nice. Management seemed fair sometimes and other times seemed like they didn't care.
Very nice people
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day at work was being busy driving to get to the destination in a safe manner. What I learned was to stay focused so that I could get to my destination on time. My co-workers were very polite and mild-mannered. The hardest part of my job were the long hours, and the most enjoyable part of my job was the different sceneries and being able to see the countryside.
Good work environment
3rd shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 4, 2015
Good work environment but benefits are not that great, management use to be great but has went from a family owned to corporate america within a year or so
high-stress, negative, hostile environment
Fleet Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOApril 7, 2015
Although offering reasonable salary and benefits the work environment and management team are well below sub-par. Generally a very high stress environment with extensive negativities.
Pros
competitive salary package
Cons
high stress, negative environment
Intern
Intern (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 1, 2013
Love it great place to work and good people to work for. Been here for several years and working my way up from the bottom.
productivity
Class- A OTR Semi Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 11, 2012
a typical day at work - fun and exciting always new
i have learned of new cities
management skills are a lot better
my co-worker likes me
the hardest part is being away for significant other
the most enjoyable part of my job is that i get to travel from state to state, all over the us.
Pros
consisting learning, more money as you move up
Cons
miss some things back home