Hojeij Branded Foods Employee Reviews

Great job
Barista Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2018
I loved working for Hojeigh Brand Food, I received alot of Customer Service Training , Food Handling, Cash Handling, and Supervision Training. This is a company where if you put in the work? You will be recognized and rewarded
Pros
Free lunches, Great Bonus Gifts
Cons
Bad Employees
Good pay and oppurtunities for advancement.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 2, 2018
High paced and very high volume airport locations. There are always job oppurtunities available.
Strong employee's with initiative are overlooked for promotions.
Pros
flexible schedules.One daily meal is covered and Free uniforms
Cons
Lack of experienced managers.
Worst company ever
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2018
The airport location has very horrible management. If you work for the kiosk you will not be allowed to use the restroom. Which is not expressed until after you get the job. Management lacks basic communication skills. This company offers no benefits but have many rules. It’s better companies in the airport so don’t waste your time. The turnover rate is high because this company only cares about money and shows it. Doesn’t even pretend to care about employees. No PTO, and when they notice you going in overtime they will give you longer breaks or cut your days on the schedule. No place for advancement. And make them pay you 9/hr because everyone is getting different pay to do the same job. They take money out your check for your badge, 100$
Cons
No benefits
Go
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2018
GO for it. it a good place to start for a first job or if you have prior management experience I say go for it. the are always opening new restaurants and have many other positions avail
Fun but stressful
Boar's Head Kiosk Cashier (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2017
It's a very easy job, just the management is horrible. It's also boring but typical. You get free food benefits each day but that's about it for good benefits. they do offer insurance but I have my own so i don't use theirs. I've been working for the company for 4 years and I only make $9.15
nice place nice people
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2017
There are days that work would pick up and days where it'll be slow. I learned a lot more of customer service, how to help a customer with a problem. My managers were amazing. They always helped me understand the task i was set to do. Diversity never stops at the airport. There are many ethnicity here,and it's amazing to learn from different places around the world. There are t times co-workers can make it hard at the workplace. The most enjoyable part was being able to meet new people and make some amazing friends.
Good team members and fun work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 1, 2017
first thing when i got there was to make sure inventory was in order and every station had what it needed to be worked properly. As crew members came in i would assign stations, also help make and prepare food for customers in a timely manner.
Mercedes Chase
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 9, 2017
I enjoyed working here and would love to return they have great benefits you eat for free everyday the people you work with are more like family and they're a great company in all
Beware
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 3, 2017
Working at HBF has been the worst job I've ever encounter. My manger is the most petty manager ever. She has fired people just because they have said no to working overtime for her. She'll fired people with out making sure her team have back up for it. She give the supervisor her dirty work to do for her but dont have the guts to do it herself. She consistently threaten to fire you if you don't do what she says. They won't payed you right even though the job is so demanding. They dictate what you can and can not get on your meal ticket. If you have to use the bathroom you'll have to wait and god forbid it's an emergency cause the customer is more important. Thanks to this place I've had an bladder infection 3 times so far. You are train by everybody so what one person tell you might not be the same by the next person. And the supervisor themselves are not on the same page. We consistently don't have products. Not because we ran out but because it never got order with the shipment. Once again the manager caring more about the bonus she gets for not going over the food budget. The working area is small and cramp so there's a lot of bumping into each others. If you don't speak much Spanish then you better learn cause MAJORITY of your coworkers does. But the coworkers are great they'll help you as much as possible.
Pros
Free
Cons
Manager Karen
Not a good company .
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2017
I dont know how this company is still running honestly. They have horrible management and dont really care about their workers. I worked for 2 stores in the company and management was the same and its sad . The managers don't care about their employees , they cut peoples hours and fuss when they have to work around your schedule when you get another job . In my opinion stay away from this company and its horrible management , its unnecessary stress.
Pros
Free lunch (No many vegetarian options, Im vegetarian)
Cons
Horrible management, lack of appreciation to workers, and unconsistant scheduling
Blah
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2017
After being at this company for so long and all the things that has happened its time for a major change. Sometimes i dread going to work. The best part of the day is clocking out and going home.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
its hard to ha
Fun and busy work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2017
Stock and maintained cleanliness of work area,Follow and safety and sanitatiin policies when handling food and beverages Assisted co worker when possible,make sure closing paper work is correct
Pros
Free lunch at place of choice
Cons
Healthcare
Easy workplace and duties. Difficult and unsatisfying management
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 13, 2016
If you are a person like me, as far as being more diverse than most, not being able to stay in one place and stay a whole 8(+) hours straight, apply for something that involves more responsibilities/duties, and be diverse with other job duties. Management will not care for and/or of your personal needs, from what I have gone through these past couple of weeks.
Pros
free lunches with certain stores
Cons
having to work with uptight and stressful manager(s)
Great Place To Work
Server (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2016
Flexible schedule.
The accessible management personnel.
Hardworking and nice co-workers
Fast pace working area
Get to meet and assist new people every day.
Positive work place with great customer service
Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2016
Hojeij branded food is a great company to work for .They also treat there employee with respect . I started as a cashier within one year I moved up to supervisor six months later I was lead supervisor. Hojeij looks for great customer service, leadership ,positive attitude and much more.
Unorganized
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MISeptember 21, 2016
No one seemed to be on the same page. They did not treat employees with dignity. The rules kept changing with the wind. People panicked when the Big Wigs from Atlanta popped in. That was the only time things were done correctly. They make it clear that everyone is disposable. Men have a better opportunity for growth in this company than women do.
Pros
Cons
no room for growth
proudctive work enviornment
Server (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 29, 2016
Working in an airport restaurant you get to meet new and interesting people everyday. The different qualities of others each day, intrigued my interest and it became easy for me to serve, being able to make the guests feel at home and befriend them individually in a new special way.
Although, always on my feet for a long day, it is a passion to take care of others to their full necessities, which created bartending and serving, not only a job, but a love.
HBF APU: Free food and fun in the work environment
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 22, 2016
A typical day at the airport is fast. And that is not just because of the planes, but because of the amount of restaurants we have at this location. We operate 5 full-table and 6 quick service restaurants. A day consists of recruiting, screening, and interviewing applicants. Conducting new-hire orientation through public speaking. Verifying new-hire paperwork is correct. Administering medical and dental benefits. Managing payroll. Participating in union negotiations. Investigating and resolving employee issues. Conducting exit interviews. Coaching management, along with employees on company policies and procedures. Handling worker compensation claims. Organizing documentation and answering phone calls.

I have learned a great deal. My educational background is very much related to improving organizational processes and development, from the employee to the entire company. But what I lacked was the experience. And my did this experience provide that! I learned about the rigor of documentation and organization, and its continuous nature. I have learned how to deal with employee and management issues in an unbiased nature, seeking truth and betterment of the organization.

My co-workers are great. They are helpful, understanding, and accommodating. We understand the team dynamic required to execute organizational goals. When I need to go to the terminal for an operational issue, my team-mates will cover interviews, complete paperwork, or address an employee investigation for me. We buy one another presents on special occasions. We treat one another to breakfast, and of course
  more... the free food provided by our restaurants!

The hardest part of this position is the distance between our office and restaurants. We are 10 minutes apart, which is not that bad. But it is an obstacle because managers have a hard time keeping up with staffing. I therefore staff for all of our restaurants by myself! This is a challenge. But with my HR staff, we make it work.

The most enjoyable part of my job is employing those in need of work and money. It is rewarding to alleviate people from some stress in their life with the opportunity I provide them. It is both heart warming, and at times heart breaking.
Pros
Free food!
Cons
Health benefits could be better.
Qdoba worker
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJune 3, 2016
I wouldn't recommend anyone work here. It was constantly busy. The management always had attitudes and it gets stressful. In conclusion, do not work here !
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Always busy, management with bad attitudes, heavy work load
Utility/ Cook
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIMay 15, 2016
Horrible place too work. Unorganized, low pay, horrible Management. The only thing nice about this job is the friendships I developed with other employees. Do not work for this company. You will regret it.
Pros
free lunches for employees
Cons
Management is is utterly horrible. Unorganized mess.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hojeij Branded Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

Hojeij Branded Foods Reviews by Location