HolaDoctor

HolaDoctor Employee Reviews

HolaDoctor insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness

I have enjoy my time at Hola Doctor

I started in February 2020 and my last day is October 1st. I did enjoy my time at Hola Doctor. I made good money, I was treated fairly, and most important while many people were loosing their jobs during the pandemic Hola kept all the agents and send them home so they can work from home. I leave with a great full heart and wish Hola Seguros the best during this upcoming OEP. I will miss my weekly paychecks and the commissions and residuals from SureBridge

Pros

Getting pay 3 times a week 4😀

October 8, 2021
Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time at HolaDoctor. We wish you the best on future endeavors.

The supervisor made it very hard to work and be happy.

At the beginning, it was great when all the calls were coming in and everything was working properly. Perfect Management in place assistance and that's with working in the office. When covid-19 hit the changes were made remotely people were hired remotely promotions were made remotely with the supervisors were not experienced and we're not fully bilingual. Then, the call stopped and hardly getting any calls through the queue. Would sit there for a couple hours waiting for phone calls to come in no sales are being done due to the lack of calls, this was doing health insurance under the age of 65 and they started laying off people. Now they have a medicare's division where they say it's going to start booming but never gave us a chance to transfer over. So I rate this a two and a half three company to work for. Because you're just a number to them.Especially the supervisors were not helpful and they micromanage and always found something wrong with everything that you did.

Pros

The checks don't bounce

Cons

Poor poor management supervision on the supervisor's part.

October 1, 2021
I'm sorry to hear this was your experience at HolaDoctor. Covid-19 has been a difficult time for everyone but we can assure you our employees come first. HolaDoctor has a team of marketing experts delivering high quality leads to our agents.We wish you the best on your future endeavors.

Impactful

This company is getting ready to blow up in the Medicare side. They have strategically position all the right leadership to BLOW UP into a Higher Level on the Medicare Division.

Pros

Excellent Leadership

October 1, 2021
Thank you for your review. We are glad to have you on our team.

Disorganized- poor management

This is a small company, focusing on selling as much as they can. Poor training, they dont follow Hippa regulations. They never pay me the commission promisedNo benefits package

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

No benefits package

June 9, 2021
We are sorry to hear you had this experience. At HolaDoctor, our training director works very hard to train all of our agents. Our agents go through an extensive training program, which is available in person and online. We take your concerns regarding HIPPA regulations extremely seriously. Nonetheless, we can assure you our company follows these regulations and have a team designated to make sure our agents and process follow these regulations. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

productive, positive energy efforts to make sales personnel relaxed for a productive day

productive positive energy from managers with their efforts to make the sales force productive and they stimulate to increase sales by bonus and spiffs which sales force loves

May 19, 2020
Thank you for your review. At HolaDoctor, our managers work hard to motivate and support all of our agents. We like to promote a collaborative and innovative culture that helps keep our employees motivated, willing to grow professionally, and happy. We appreciate all your hard work.

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

False Compensation promises

Toxic management. The floor manager judges people by gender, orientation and religious believes. She is completely partialize for her old team. They exploit people

February 17, 2020
We are so sorry to hear you’re having this experience with our manager. At HolaDoctor, our managers work very hard to keep our call center going, and our agents motivated. Most importantly, your race, gender, orientation, and religious beliefs have never been and will never be the subject of discrimination at our company. We take your concerns about discrimination at our company very seriously. If you wish to speak further, we would be more than happy to listen and do anything we can to make our working environment better. You may contact our Human Resources and Compliance team at (305) 239-8812. Or if you wish to personally talk to any of our upper management staff (VP’s, Directors, and Office Manager), they all have an open-door policy, and they will gladly discuss your concerns.HolaDoctor was founded by a Hispanic and later acquired by Pan American Life, a company so diverse it operates in the majority of the Caribbean markets, including Barbados, Cayman Islands, Curacao, and Trinidad, and Tobago, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and throughout Latin America. The Group has branches and affiliates in Costa Rica, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, and Panama. We stand by and are proud of this diversity and want all of our employees to feel welcome.

Learn customer service

Evaluated customer information to explore issues, develop potential solutions and maintain high-quality service. Recommended products to customers and suggested other options if preferred product was unavailable.

February 17, 2020
We appreciate all your hard work as a customer service representative. Your job is an essential part of our business. Thank you for your review!

energized and competitive environment

Working here is great! They are very understandable with your needs, and as a flat organization you can speak with the VP's every time you need. We have a modern rewarding system that I do love! The leads are a little slow for OEP but I guess this will get better beginning of Dec, people always wait until the last minute to enroll. My managers are nothing but a wonderful team, they are always there for me. I remember I was submitting my very first application and I was very nervous, I told this to my senior manager and she was with me all the way out until I finished, guiding me and encouraging. yes, giving you high fives is her thing I guess I'm glad to work here, where, if you work hard, you are recognized and promoted regardless race or gender.

November 27, 2019
Thank you so much for this review. All of our VP's have an open-door policy and continuously make time to speak to our agents. As for our managers, they work very hard to motivate, guide, and help our agents. Thank you for sharing such a great anecdote with your manager. We are glad you're happy and enjoy working at HolaDoctor. We appreciate your hard work.

health and life agent

I'm happy I work at HolaDoctor. The atmosphere is great. The managers are always willing to help and give us regular trainings. The IT department is always making sure our computers and everything work, which I appreciate. I don't really agree with some of the reviews saying there's racism in the office. The office is super diverse you have people from all over.

November 26, 2019
Thank you for your review! We are glad you're enjoying your time at HolaDoctor. One of our main goals at HolaDoctor is to help our employees achieve their full potential. Thank you for all your hard work!

You Need to Clean Up the Management Team

I rarely do this, but it feels like the only way I can have my voice heard. Floor managers at HolaDoctor are completely incompetent, rude, and disorganized. I cannot include names, although I'd like to so that upper management can actually do something about this once and for all. Someone needs to give these managers some serious training if they want the business to continue. I dont think it has anything to do with race. The office is pretty diverse. But I do not believe they have managers with the right qualifications for the job. The senior manager on the floor is a scatter brain, disorganized, and plain flat out rude and disrespectful. Please tell me what she does for the sales team? The other managers, I feel like they dont really even do anything except make sure that you "Stay connected guys, we have a call on queue!" If they fix the issue with management, I think this could be a great place to work. But please do something.

November 21, 2019
We are so sorry to hear you’re having this experience with our managers. At HolaDoctor, our managers work very hard to keep our call center going and our agents motivated. However, with Open Enrollment upon us, the office can sometimes get extremely busy, and our managers are challenged with the added flow. Still, we assure you that upper management has daily meetings with the managers and are very aware of their work and track their productivity. VP’s, Directors, and our office manager (Upper Management) have an open-door policy. Because we understand your frustration and value your work, we are inviting you to please approach any of our upper management staff and have a conversation with them, they will gladly discuss your concerns. We are always here to help and want you to feel comfortable and succeed at HolaDoctor.

Jobs at HolaDoctor

See more jobs

This is truly a great place to work. Nice environment, great people and free parking. Management could improve, at times they seem a little bit disorganized.

November 21, 2019
Thank you for your review! We are glad you're enjoying your time at HolaDoctor. One of our main goals at HolaDoctor is to help our employees achieve their full potential and feel motivated. With Open Enrollment upon us, the office can sometimes get extremely busy, and our managers are challenged with the added flow. Still, we assure you that upper management has daily meetings with the managers and are very aware of their work and track their productivity. Thank you for all your hard work!

If you are looking for a secure company to grow in, this is NOT IT!

The most unbalanced place to work! For the most part, management is beyond unprofessional and disrespectful. I was placed in a room by one of the managers and was disrespected, degraded, and emotional hurt. I brought it up immediately to upper management (Head Health/Life) to be treated the same. I asked myself all the time would it have been different if I was their same race? I was treat unfairly! For the company to be successful, they need “Real” Experienced managers and Actual qualifying leads generated!

November 21, 2019
We are truly sorry to hear this was your experience at HolaDoctor. We assure you our manager never meant to make you feel this way. All our managers want the best for their agents and want them to succeed. As managers, their main goal is to motivate their team and help our clients find the best and most affordable insurance. The head of Life/Health will do all that he can to make sure you succeed at and feel comfortable with your duties. At HolaDoctor, we give all of our agents the option of a personal improvement plan (PIP) and will have a manager dedicated to helping you.Most importantly, your race or the race of any of our employees has never been and will never be the subject of discrimination at our company. We take your concerns about discrimination at our company very seriously, and if you wish to speak further we would be more than happy to listen and do anything we can to make our working environment better. You may contact our Human Resources and Compliance team at (305) 239-8812. HolaDoctor was founded by a Hispanic and later acquired by PanAmerican Life, a company so diverse it operates in the majority of the Caribbean markets, including Barbados, Cayman Islands, Curacao and Trinidad, and Tobago, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and throughout Latin America. The Group has branches and affiliates in Costa Rica, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, and Panama. We stand by and are proud of this diversity and want all of our employees to feel welcome.We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

HolaDoctor values their employees

I've worked for HolaDoctor for over a year now. I feel valued as an employee and I've been encouraged to keep growing and challenge myself everyday. They trust you and this is something I do value from an employer.

November 12, 2019
Thank you for your review. We appreciate all your hard work on the marketing side of our business! We are so glad you're finding yourself challenged and motivated. Thank you for all you do.

Frustrating

There’s no structure when it comes to management it seems like every week there’s a change of direction on where the company’s going. Managers are really good at yelling and telling you what to do than actually training you on how to sell the products. The leads suck they’re uneducated unqualified prospects. If your goal is to milk the clock while staring at the wall for 8hrs a day than this is the job for you but otherwise don’t waste your time

October 22, 2019
We are sorry to hear this was your experience at HolaDoctor. Our managers have daily morning meetings with the team to answer any questions or doubts agents might have regarding our platforms, products, etc. As for training, we provide all of our employee’s in-house training. Our managers also have our new agents shadow a senior agent. Product and platform refreshers are given at least every two weeks.As for our lead quality, our Technology team works very hard to find the best and most qualified leads for our agents. We are one of the very few insurance agencies that have a full-time digital strategist for lead acquisition as well as data scientists and specialists whose only responsibility is to get our agents the best possible sales leads. We are sorry HolaDoctor was not a fit for you. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Family environment, Excited to go to work

I have been in the insurance business for 5 years, I was jumping from company to company until I found Hola'insurance. The culture is like none other, great support system, managers are helpful and always willing to assist. There is a lot of room for advancement. I am exciting to grow with this company and make a career out of it!

Pros

Competitive pay, flexible hours

Cons

Miami traffic

October 3, 2019
Thank you for your review! One of our main goals at HolaDoctor is to help our employees achieve their full potential and feel motivated. We love to hear that you're growing so much professionally and can't wait to see all the fantastic things you will continue to do at HolaDoctor. Thank you for all your hard work!

Productive and Fun Place to Work

I don't agree with the toxic and racist comments. I did not see any form of racism against anyone. Agents get the same opportunity to do sales, the training is good, the company pays for the licenses that agents need to sell insurance in other states, they pay a base salary plus commissions. Management train the agents to qualify and offer the right products that fits the clients needs. I don't have anything bad to say about this company, they are very flexible and supportive. I appreciate the opportunity that Hola Doctor has given me.

Pros

Good incentives

Cons

The building has limited parking

September 5, 2019
Thank you for your review and supporting our business! In HolaDoctor, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age. As you mentioned in your review, we continue to pay for our agents to be licensed in many other states, not just Florida. Thank you for all your hard work. We appreciate it!

Excellent Place to Work and Learn!

This company is rapidly becoming on the fastest growing brokerage agencies in the US. As a Sales Agent, I am challenged to meet daily goals and have Managers that assist and motivate us on a daily basis. We receive gift cards, lunches and other incentives. The other Sales Agents are respectful and are always willing to help when needed.

September 5, 2019
It's great to hear that you're feeling challenged and motivated. Our managers work hard so our agents feel this way! We appreciate all your hard work. Thank you!

Productive and fast paced work environment

Excellent place to work. I find myself learning more every day. The managers at HolaDoctor are energetic and always available to answer any questions. I like that I can sale in both Spanish and English.

September 6, 2019
Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you are able to sell world class insurance products in English and in Spanish. We appreciate all your hard work.

Great Culture and Productive Workplace

I really appreciate and thank everyone so much for all of the opportunities this company has provided me which has not only helped but, is helping me to grow professionally as well as personally. I have learned so much in less than 1 year of working here and I am excited to see what else working for this company has in store for me.

September 6, 2019
One of our main goals at HolaDoctor is to help our employees achieve their full potential and grow. We love to hear that you're learning so much and can't wait to see what amazing things you will do at HolaDoctor. Thank you for all your hard work!

scam

You are promised the world and given none of it. Although they do offer training opportunities, its at your own expense as well as there is a very bad us vs them mentality when it came to different departments. It was a very toxic environment to work in. Job security was also non existent... apply at your own risk

Pros

you get alot of hours

Cons

you wore a million hats without any of the payoff

September 12, 2019
We are sorry to hear this was your experience at HolaDoctor. At HolaDoctor, we pay our employees a competitive industry salary plus commissions. For training, we provide all of our employee's in-house training, and we reimburse for certifications and pay for state licenses. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Fun workplace

For me, it´s a great company. Good coworkers. they encourage you to grow professionally. The best part is when you feel that you help someone and you feel satisfaction with what you do

September 12, 2019
Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you like to work in HolaDoctor and enjoy the culture and your coworkers. One of our main goals as a company is to be able to help clients find the right insurance, so they can live better and leave behind a legacy to their loved ones!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HolaDoctor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• HolaDoctor