Holcim Employee Reviews

Management was the worst!!
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Theodore, ALDecember 10, 2018
I worked for the maintenance department, typical day was working on preventative maintenance, and catching trouble calls, I loved the job and the work, it was just a cut-throat environment and there was favoritism and nepotism. The pay was good and hours were good, just the work environment or culture was toxic, and ended up driving the most talented individuals away. The management was not the best and really offered no support.
Pros
Good pay, Great Hours, and Benefits
Cons
No Support, Poor Management
Interesting work environment
Corporate Manager OHS (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 8, 2018
Joined Holcim during the economic downturn in 2008. Witnessed a very difficult time as the workforce was reduced by 40% and senior leadership changed during my first 18 months with the company. Was able to raise awareness leadership requirements to fully support the occupational health and safety process. Integrated the OHS process of a subsidiary company into the parent company. Very interesting, challenging and rewarding.
Pros
Company provided a defined benefit pension
Cons
Incurred two fatal injuries in four years.Very difficult events.
Holcim
Mobile Equipment Manager (Former Employee) –  Three Forks, MTOctober 19, 2018
Holcim was a great company to raise a family with. They gave a lot of opportunities for advancement and took great care of their employees. The people within the company and the interaction worldwide were very educational.
Good place to learn
Material Planner Leader (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 23, 2018
I worked here only 4 months but I learned so much from there, my leader taught me many things and benefits so good. People's friendly and not hesitate to teach me when i went wrong
The Cement plant was a great place to work
Laborer - heavy equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Dundee, MIAugust 26, 2018
I worked at the cement plant for 16 years until they closed it down. I enjoyed my job and was great at what I did I had to drive multiple construction vechicles on a daily basis.
Very hot very dirty
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundee, MIAugust 15, 2018
This place had good benefits great pay and I new my schedule for the year I could plan vacations. I learned a lot at this job I could also out in public see products of my efforts.
Pros
Great wage
Cons
Hot and dirty
enjoyed working there
Mechanic & Hvy Equip Operator (Former Employee) –  Weirton, WVJuly 17, 2018
was a great work enviremont. Had many capabile people to work with.The company was big on continuing education and advancement. Had the chance to develop the plant operators safety program.
sometimes slow paced, sometimes a disaster
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TXJuly 15, 2018
Some days at Holcim were easy and required no physical strain, other than enduring outside weather. The bad days when the plant was not running how it should have would be hectic.
excelente, en cuanto a seguridad y estabilidad laboral para las personas.
conductor mixer (Current Employee) –  Valle del CaucaApril 23, 2018
muy bueno en la parte de seguridad industrial y vehicular.
Pros
seguros medicos
Cons
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Provincia del GuayasApril 21, 2018
It vas an excellent experienced i learn something different every day the general manager involves you in the decisions of the company and ask you for your opinion
Pros
Free lunches and a lot of capacitations
Cons
Short breaks, free cofee
Difficult management
Plant Controller (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, MOMarch 28, 2018
At the time I worked at Holcim there was a difficult management group to work with. There were no opportunities for advancement. The work was challenging and fun.
Great boss
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dundee, MIMarch 25, 2018
I worked in a great department with a great boss. I loved my co-workers and enjoyed my job. Thankfully I was able to keep my job with the merger and didn't have the issues others did.
Needs better upper management skills.
PROCESS CONTROL COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Holly Hill, SCJanuary 30, 2018
Needs to focus on people, and they would work harder. The job I had was great for a long time , the people that work for company are very good at what they do. The company merged with Lefargeholcim in 2016. The budget has been cut in half and the 13 year old plant is falling apart. The safety management has done a great job, putting great processing in place.
Pros
Good paying jobs
Cons
Not a good relationship between management and employees. Insurance has went from great to bad.
Ok
Administrative Assistant/Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Theodore, ALJanuary 25, 2018
It was a nice company to work for, once new management came in everything changed. I was very disappointed to be let go after 4 years. I was excited to work at Holcim, found it very challenging. Thought I had found a permanent spot for myself and my family. Met a lot of nice people there and really enjoyed my job
Pros
Nice area
Cons
Bad Management
8 state territory, lived in hotels
Co-Processing Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Holly Hill, SCDecember 10, 2017
great people, the largest cement plant in North America, provided alternative fuels for the kiln as part of stainable development to save our natural for our future generations.
Pros
a lot of fun
Cons
my territory to large, never home much
Do as management says or leave the company.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 25, 2017
Was great place to work until Lafarge takeover. All about shareholders now, empolyees and safety are suffering. They are running our plant in the ground, no long term goals.
Production
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Florence, COOctober 25, 2017
Miss managed as far as maintenance goes, they would say safety first but safety was the first to go when budget cuts where made. Good people work the r e so there is potential.
Pros
Home every day.
Cons
Stressfull
Holcim is a great global company with endless progression and continuing education possibilities.
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXAugust 30, 2017
Since becoming LafargeHolcim, I felt I was no longer a good fit for their direction, but I would recommend LafargeHolcim to anyone seeking employment.
Pros
Compensation/benefits/safety structure
Cons
Work/life balance
Small Office Staff and Great People to work with
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2017
I would start my day with truck drivers waiting to pick up loads as soon as the doors opened. I learned the SAP system, invoices the customers, as well as generating reports, daily, weekly, and monthly. It was a very casual place to work, and I enjoyed greeting and working with all the incoming customers/truck drivers. It was a great experience.
Pros
I could wear jeans and a company Tshirt...
Cons
It was a temporary position. It was a 45 minute drive in Houston, TX traffic
Millwright Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2017
Holcim believes in the people that work hard and will reward them generously. There is always room to advance and the company will push you to be a better person daily.
Pros
Good benifits and positive work enviroment
Cons
dirty dusty work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holcim. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3