Holder Construction Company Employee Reviews

Worked with friends in family
Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 5, 2019
Working with friends and family was cool but haveing a limited amount of tools was not that great havring to use or barrow tools from others to do your job
Pros
Fun working with family and friends
Cons
Working with limited tools
Loved working for Holder
Administrative Professional (FOP) (Current Employee) –  East Wenatchee, WADecember 31, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Holder. Unfortunately, it was a temporaty position. I would have joined without hesitation when asked to relocate as a permenant employee if it werent for my 2 young kids.

I really hope they have another WA state project soon!
Best place ive worked at
Carpenter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 29, 2018
Holder is a very good company we all help each other and the pay and over time is good. I would recommend people to work here we were always helpled if we didnt know how to do something
Good people, Good atmosphere
Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2018
Holder was good place to start. Our team and managers were very good. They wanted the employees to learn new skills and gave them added responsibilities in order to grow each individual. Very solid firm during my time.
Pros
Good management and team
Great place to learn
Quality Control (Inspector) (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 20, 2018
Holder Construction is a great place to learn and grow if you are given the opportunity. I've learned many things while working for this company, but I don't feel that this company appreciates all the hard work I have been doing for this company. It's a large company so some do get over looked.
Pros
Free Lunches, great people
Great Company, gained alot of experience and knowledge
Construction Labor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2018
8 hours to 10 hours a day was awesome.
Worked rain or shine was a Blessing.
The work environment was motivating and positive .
The Managment was very fair , understandable, caring, and treated all workers equally.
good
Commissioning Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 23, 2018
good place to work with a good crew. Long hours for the project I was on. Worked well with other trades. Had a good and knowledgeable staff. no complaints.
Pros
good company professionals
Great place to work .
Safety Manager (Temporary Position) (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village IllinoisFebruary 23, 2018
Great team. 419 tradespeople I was a safety manager we had zero recordable injuries during the 8th month I was there Safety Management Consulting. looking forward to working in the future one of their subs just hired me out for a consulting job it was like family great finished product delivered on time on budget without incident. Can't ask for anything else blessed keep up the good work
Pros
Great, relaxed, enjoyable, educational, excitement, gratification
Commercial Construction On Site Associate
Field Office Processor (Former Employee) –  Texas, Canada and VirginiaJanuary 30, 2018
I got to work in the construction trailer at the jobsite.
Processing invoices, subcontractor pay applications, multi-tasked all day so never a boring day, but a challenge to get everything finished with the constant work-site interruptions.
Exciting Environment
Carpenter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2018
Everyday there was something new to do.
I learned a lot more than expected within a short amount of time around many friendly and outgoing hard workers.
Pros
Great opportunities
Cons
Jobs move after a few years
Well started out has a laborer and move up to foreman.
Construction Foreman (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2017
My day started out with grading and forming the piles then once that is done we rebbar the pile caps then pouring concrete and and do the finishing to get ready to set the columns for rebbaring and then pour the columns. I did all the pile cutting to get them ready for the rebar cage to get put in place. I did basic labor work on the job site from putting tarps down fencing the perimitter then we prepared the floors for pouring did what ever maintenance needed on the eqiupment has needed. Has the building was going up i was move up to foreman overseeing all the temps on various projects that we create on the job site responsible for time keeping and staging the concrete trucks for pouring all columns and just basic house keeping on the job site and keeping safety on the job site which comes first before anything.
Good Ol Southern Boy System
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2017
If you are a white male you probably will fair well at Holder. If you have your own brain you probably won't. Upper management is completely out of touch with the base
Pros
pay was decent
Cons
one sided work culture
Hard working, productive, knowledgeable
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2017
Holder construction is a great company to work for, and you really can feel and know you apart of something Big and great. Here lots of smiles and great service, experience, and it takes a team to get it done and you can also learn as you work.
Pros
Great managment, and good pay, great benefits
Cons
Long hours, weather varies, based on projects and or how many employees needed.
Positive work enviroment
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 12, 2017
Great job I enjoyed working their , very positive work environment. Holder us the most professional business I have ever worked for. I've learned alot.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Half to travel
Career Oriented
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 15, 2017
Holder places a high value on the Great Place to work and advancement of employees, if you fit well with the company and their values then you may advance very quickly. That said if you don't fit the mold of a Holder person it can be a very difficult place to be and you have no chance of advancement. I am use to long hours being in construction but Holder has a culture that does not balance work and life well.
Great opportunity for advancement.
Project Engineer Responsibilities (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 2, 2017
There is good opportunity here. We get S... done. If your looking for a company to learn and get experience this is the company for you have a family not so much.
top notch
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 31, 2017
It was Most rewarding job experience. Professional staff that were educated and knowledgeable in all aspects of this commercial project. Managed from 350 to 400 subcontractors on project site, sometimes around the clock. Finished ahead of schedule and under budget.
Very busy environment
Field Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  VariousFebruary 24, 2017
Associates are typically very bright intelligent people which is refreshing. Basically a very young group with quality educations. Many are very mature, professional and likable some are condescending bullies that think they are better and more intelligent than anyone else.
Good place to work with reasonable benefits. Must enjoy fast paced environment to survive.
Company has strict vision, if the mold isn't filled there is no future with the company.
Pros
Professional, organized
Cons
Projects are often a year or less and to keep a position relocation is a necessity.
Miserable workplace
Field Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 4, 2017
I worked for Holder for a short time but saw enough to get an idea of the atmosphere and people employed there. I was thrown into a team with no training or introduction on what I would be doing and expected to stay late and work every weekend to catch up with no direction.

The people here are only interested in getting ahead of the person next to them. Most of the new recruits are straight from college with no experience and will put up with the berating thats dished out every day. The mid-level managers are mostly young hayseeds that think they are special. Everyone from the field hated this company. All the subcontractors hated them too. Infact, everyone I met in management at Holder had a smug attitude and a power trip. Even the lady who passed out PPE held a power trip over handing out eye protection...are you kidding me?

The tension is very high in the office. I had 5 different bosses who changed the schedule every hour it seemed like and they basically didnt know what they were doing. I am very qualified to do their jobs but was treated less than. I had a full blown argument about job titles because I said I was an assistant superintendent. At every other company thats what my title would be. Does it really matter? There no sense of working together. Its very militant and hostile. I hate to use the word brainwashing but most of these people are there because upper management groomed them from an early age and promised advancement within the company if they take enough trash from the wannabe cowboys.

My take on this company is that you will get good experience
  more... using modern technology and big projects but at a huge cost to your personal well being. If you can stand having 5 bosses lurking around and fellow colleagues trying to make you look bad instead of working together by all means sign the contract. And get ready to put in 60-70 hours a week.  less
Pros
Cons
see description
Great if you are a southern, "Good Ol' Boy"
Tax Accountant, CPA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2016
My boss, the CFO, had a one-way conversation policy. Not only because he was too old to actually hear you, but because everything had to be done one way - HIS. So if you like doing things the way they've always dunnit and a stuffy environment, this could be good for you. One good thing was that they hired a lot of young people out of college, and we would do things outside of work as a group. Sort of like a fraternity vibe.
Pros
Stable company, decent pay
Cons
Little vacation, rigid policies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holder Construction Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Holder Construction Company Reviews by Location