Holiday Inn Club Vacations Employee Reviews

Fun workplace that is very productive and fast paced
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 13, 2018
Very interactive and closely monitored work environment, encourage using tools available to get things done. Do what it takes to make guest happy! A great place to gain experience especially for new entries to the job market not so much for seasoned individuals, very young minded!
No worth it
OUTBOUND SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Pantego, TXOctober 10, 2018
Not worth it at all to say the least so I don’t even want anyone to waste their time in my opinion
Pure favoritism so you’ll never make a real check
A temporary job.
Social Media (Former Employee) –  2400 W pioneer pkwy pantego tx 76013October 3, 2018
This place is not for someone seeking job security or for someone who has bills to pay. It is definatly challenging to make sales here especially if you are in the outbound side. They will work a little bit with you to improve your skills but it is still very cut throat. Most people are gone within their first month. Others that try their best to stay as long as they can end up looking for a second job. I hate that this experience is now part of my job history because I took pride in not having many jobs in my work history. In the beginning you are told of all the money you can make there, but nobody in my department saw much more than $10 the hour.
Growth, development, and opportunity to enhance your career! Sales & Marketing
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 3, 2018
In the 4 years I have been working with the company I have grown, developed, been challenged, motivated, and rewarded for my hard work. You have to be willing to be coachable and want to be successful. The company will coach you on your strengths and talents to help you become a better version of yoursell on a personal and professional level.
Pros
Leaders will motivate and challenge you to be a better professional.
Cons
If you are not willing to do the work then make sure you choose the right position for you.
Great place for sales professionals
Elite Line Sales (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 25, 2018
Awesome training - and it's ongoing! Super fun and supportive staff. It's not easy money but for professionals who continue to work on and develop their sales skills it's great money and a ton of fun.
Pros
High commissions, fun, great management
Fun and fast paced
Call Transfer Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 24, 2018
A good place to work. I worked sales so it was fast paced competitive and sometimes frustrating. I would recommend job to others if not affected by stress.
Pros
good team atmosphere
Cons
stressful
Fun place to work if you make it!
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Patego, TXSeptember 22, 2018
Okay let me start by saying I'm going to try to be as real as possible about this job. This is the kind of career that has to be for you, if it is not for you don't apply, don't waist your time or theirs! It's cut throat you CANNOT be sensitive, you must have tough skin. If you are one that can make it through different kind of obstacles and can overcome objections, and WILL NOT except NO as an answer, you'll be just fine. You must have "Game" and be able to convince stubborn owners and stubborn clients. You must have production and must be self motivated. Its an ok place to work but honestly dont rely on "hourly pay". You have the opportunity to have a nice check ($ 800-1500+) a week, if you have production. Its what you make it!!! It's All About Numbers! You typically work 6 to 6.5 a day *NO OVERTIME* Management' is fair. But it will help If you take time to understand your manager then you'll be okay with them and their management skills.
Pros
Fun, Can be entertaining, Most employees are great to work with! Family oriented
Cons
Short lunches and breaks, If you have low to no production you WILL be FIRED! No overtime
Stressful
Owner Line Representative (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXSeptember 22, 2018
If you are in a Sales position it is High Pressure. No time off and high demands for performance. There expectations for a sales rep. are too high. Most new employees last no more than 2-3 months before being let go.
Pros
Great bonus structure, if bonus can be made.
Cons
Never a weekend or Holiday off. Do not pay an hourly rate, just straight commission.
Antiquated company with antiquated beliefs
Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 22, 2018
90 days to get insurance/benefits. No time off in the first 90 days. Agents are not able to go to the bathroom when needed. Fox News playing in the breakrooms. No communication, No coaching. "We do not believe in write-ups", "Do not ask that", " How long have you been there". In a department of four, 3 people want to quit because of the Manager. No coaching, just emails...do not do that.

More concerned about Agents quitting than success.
Pros
Fun environment, they try to promote culture
Cons
pretty much everything
Very nice and fun work environment, also competitive.
OWNER SUPPORT/CLUB COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 22, 2018
Learnt a lot about timeshares and this is by far the most legit timeshare company that I've seen, gives owners so many options and even allows them to transact with third partner companies to help them plan their vacations! Workplace is very fast pace and competitive but no salary raise.
Overall not too bad
Inbound sales (Current Employee) –  Pantego, TXSeptember 19, 2018
I was with the company back when it was silver leaf resorts and when hicv took over it wasn’t all that great it was just a change we had too get ust too however I’ve been with the company for a few years now and I actually do love my job yes it can stressful at times and yes it can be overwhelming but it’s a job NOT A PLAYGROUD I can have fun and make money at the same time I’m in the inboud sales depart right now but I done obm (outbound for silver leaf)FOR 3 years Prior too this and I’ve made more money in this company and dempartment. I love getting new people on the team because I can tell and show them how it suppose too be done and help them keep at least a comma in their checks I LOVE THIS PLACE AND Even though my managers might get on my nerves I wouldn’t trade them for nothing
Pros
Cons
Nonthjng
Fun place to work as long as you have decent tours.
Sales Executive - Front Line (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 5, 2018
I can't say anything negative about my experience other than their marketing arm needs to bring in more workable tours guests. Otherwise, the schedule was great, and the overall attitudes of employees and management was pretty good. Word to the wise, this is NOT an easy track, especially the Front/Action Line. That said, it's a truly fun place to work as long as you can meet your quotas.
Pros
Upbeat staff and management.
Cons
It's a no-nonsense numbers driven job.
A great place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Brownville, vtSeptember 4, 2018
I love working at Mt. Ascutney Resort. Friendly environment and good management. Independent work environment. No one hovers over you while you work. Feedback on how you are doing is giving in a nice way.
Horrible management at orlando Holiday inn vacations club location
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 31, 2018
The managers especially the director of the contracts department in the orlando location of Holiday Inn Vacations Club are very rude, lazy, unfair and extremely unprofessional. I received no training and they let me go after two weeks because I was making too many mistakes typing up the contracts. I received no training what did they expect? It was totally unfair and unprofessional. The managers get upset when you ask them for help because they don't want to be bothered and all they want to do is eat and hang out in the employees lounge and make the data entry clerk do all the work. I don't know how they are managers. This place is a horrible place to work and a waste of time that's why the turnover rate is probably so high.
Pros
Cons
bad management no training
Very relaxing and fun place to work in.
Front Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLAugust 30, 2018
I love the company. Everyone is very nice and they are very good about praising you if you've done something good. I live an hour away and that is very hard on me. And they are extremely understaffed when it comes to sickness or needing a break and wanting to use your PTO, you are making your other team members work 6 or 7 days because of that and i don't think that's very fair. They need to hire enough staff to where every shift is covered and everyone is comfortable. I almost feel bad to take off for birthdays and things of that nature because someone has to work overtime for me to be able to enjoy my nephews birthday or something like that.
Don't work here
Housekeeper Aide (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, GaAugust 29, 2018
At first i thought i was going to like my job, anf i did at first. But then something changed, i had gotten sick, and then boom it didn't seem that anyone cared. And the pay sucks. They also told me that i was going to be seasnal at first then changed their mind to possibly being permanent, and low and behold, that never happened, and now im unemployed yet again. Don't work there if you know whats good for you, and don't trust them either.
Bad training
Reservations Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 28, 2018
In a two week training period without learning enough to get on the floor. Did not get computer passwords until the day on the floor. Management only cares about themselves and not the employees.
Not a great position.
QUALITY ASSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 27, 2018
Unfortunately, I worked near the sales department. They practiced a lot of dishonest sales tactics that I didn't really agree with and made me feel uncomfortable.
Great Benefits
Manager Day Drive Outbound Sales Team (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 25, 2018
Competitive pay for the area. Ample opportunities as a front line agent for employment with various departments. Good benefits. Overall a decent company.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
Difficult to get time off
Unfair work place
Activations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2018
I was a recent Activations Agent for 3 months and a sales agent for 3 months and i can say, it has been one bumpy ride. The sales floor is a joke. They fish out the good calls and give them to the “top producers” and the new people the junk calls. The money is ridiculous and not worth all the effort you’re putting into it. Now as an activations Agent, it gets more annoying. You have to make sure your “available” for blah blah blah hours of the week, you won’t even get paid good money until you build a pipeline. They offer you $15/hr for the first 90 days then it goes to $11/hr. You need 23 booking a week just to get $15/tour and you don’t even get paid for the booking until the guest travels IF they travel. The only upside to it is the monthly bonus if each location gets enough showed tours. However, if you quit or get fired, don’t expect to see your bonus or commissions for 6 MONTHS! This place itself is a SCAM. They’ll do anything to waste your time. DO NOT WORK HERE!
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn Club Vacations. Our community is ready to answer.