Holiday Inn Club Vacations Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Sounds good in the beginning
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pantego, TXJuly 1, 2018
Well for starters, our orientation instructor got fired during our orientation for not teaching ua correctly. Out of 20 people in orientation TWO employees are still there. Selling a complimentary vacation package for $250 based on a "vacation ownership" package was really hard.
Pros
Met cool people
Cons
Everything else
Inconsistent money
In-House Face to Face OPC (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2018
Was $10 an hour versus commission. The inconsistencies with the pay may the job pretty lackluster. It's hard to plan a life when you make different money every paycheck.
Cons
Inconsistent money
Great Place to work
Digital Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 25, 2018
Fun Atmosphere, Cool staff, and great leadership. It is a forward-thinking company that lets you grow within the ranks and become an essential part of the organization. I worked for the Rental marketing department and loved the people I worked with.
Pros
Good Leadership, Great Team, Awesome Discounts
Cons
Goals
Poor Leadership
Sales (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 24, 2018
Regional leadership plays people against each other and expects people to do the job they can't do. Terrible moral and work environment. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place.
Pros
If you sell, you can make money
Cons
Leadership
Great training for people in sales
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 9, 2018
A fun place to work, with great training! The ability to meet new people and help them figure out a way to balance their work and family life. It also taught me how to read people very well face to face.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay structure
love this company
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 5, 2018
this is the best training company out here in the vacation sales business. I hope to soon return to Holidayinn club Vacations.
the managers are great. it is a family out there.
unfair
inside sales rep (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 31, 2018
They have complete control over who gets certain calls and who gets the scrub calls, if you get hangups dead air, or someone just goes click b4 you can even say your name, they count that call..

.So if you get 10 calls and 5 are hangups or dead air and you don't make a sale..they take you off the phones or send you home..

I've been in sales many many years, and have never experienced anything so rigged in my life...

Only certain people will do well that are given the best leads,,I didnt stick around once they kept taking us off the phones, like they had all this power..knowing if they got on the phones themselves, they wouldn't be able to close a deal.Most of the leads were poor people, who couldnt afford .$199.00 dollars, and were on ss..
Severe Micromanaging
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXMay 29, 2018
Good if you need back breathing, final warning type of motivation to do your best work. About 90% of our sales team was under standard and job safety was in question every week. Unrealistic budgets equal huge carrots you'll likely never reach, but keep you working hard for them. The VP's have a cliquey inner circle and everyone in it is invincible.
Pros
401K match
Cons
Unrealistic budgets and standards. Micromanaging
Tas
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lee, MAMay 29, 2018
Working with TAS Region 2 was great. The TAS Reg Dir was the best. Had to put in long hours, recruiting for the Berkshire area was very difficult. Lots of teamwork to make things happen.
productive and fun
IHG inbound sales (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 22, 2018
exciting place to work with great schedule. Location was good but management slacked a little in some areas showing favoritism. Good pay scale just changes a lot without your approval.
Best Company I have worked for
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 21, 2018
Great place to work with a great team. From the start of every morning everyone is happy to be there and greeting everyone with a smile. Definitely your second home with your second family.
Disappointment
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clarkesville, GAMay 11, 2018
Read notes.. Hostile work environment from day one with a lower level employee.. Went to general manager and HR. They did nothing and continued to let the hostile work environment continue for almost two years... Glad to be gone but heart goes out to the good people that work there who are still subject to this bullying, deceptive, and hostile work environment.. When hired they are not honest about what you Will be be subject to and have to endure for the sake of the holiday inn club vacation brand name
Pros
Few good employee, paid time off
Cons
Hr, poor upper management, hostile work environment
management does not care about employees
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 6, 2018
It's all about the numbers nothing else matters. Managers are nit concerned about you and do nothing to help you. People quit on a daily basis. I would not recommend.
Pros
nothing good
Cons
everything
Was something else when I started
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 5, 2018
My manager didn't know how to train her new staff members. I wasn't taken seriously and it made me lose confidence in myself. If I was given a task, I did my best and I excelled. Perhaps I wasn't mature enough for this position. Overall, I would go back considering this is a new company.
Pros
Concierge Work
Cons
Lack of training
selling inbound vacation packages
Sales / Customer Relations / Reservation (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 5, 2018
Was an excellent company to work for, had many benefits, and lots of growth potential. I was successful for many months with this company and loved working there, I however decieded to relocate closer to my parents
Over all its a good place to work.
Inbound Vacations Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 4, 2018
Money is not bad, you can make full time income only working 30 hours per week. If you can handle the repetition on the phones. Team meetings every day you will need to arrive 15 min early before your shift.
Pros
Potential to make a lot of money.
Cons
Income not consistent so far
Best company
Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Rusk, TXApril 29, 2018
The best company to work for if you want to move up quickly. The manager went from housekeeping to Gm in 2 years. The most relaxing job and the guest are so sweet. The pay is great for the location.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Non
great people, nice respectful atmosphere, pretty laid back
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLApril 25, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Holiday Inn Club Vacations. The people are really nice. If your ok with the corporate mentality you'll fit in fine. I'm not really in to playing games, but people do and that can be expected here. Everything over the phone is also recorded, so you have to be very careful about what you say because it can be manipulated against you. But depending on how good your sales are and how nice you are to the supervisors anything can be overlooked.
Overall it was a decent place.
Pros
Good bennies
Cons
Closely monitored
Fun and creative work environment
Inside Sales Representative/Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 22, 2018
They had spiffs like every day to create a little fun competition . they did a really good job in recognizing their top agents and rewarding them .managers were always there to help and they encouraged you to be the best
most enjoyable
Recreation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Canyon Lake, TXApril 17, 2018
I really liked my job here and I was there for 11 months, The management isn't the best but I really loved working here and the friends I made, They are like a family there and I honestly miss it. I highly recommend it!