Holiday Inn Club Vacations Employee Reviews

very good
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 16, 2019
very good job , very organized and friendly people & different ways to learn and excel in new things . i love working here its a good job environment .
Be warned
Contract Processor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 5, 2019
Unless you want to commit you entire life to a job that does nothing but micromanage you even when you literally have nothing to do for 4+ hours a day, I would look elsewhere. I never received a separate lunch while working timeshare in general but this place was worse, I always had to either eat on the run or eat at my desk. Poor management, other than my one direct manager who corporate drove off with their impossible expectations and selective policies. Not a good company to work for period.
Pros
Cons
Overworked, underpaid, under appreciated, not compensated fairly
perfect
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 25, 2019
this is a good job to work at the manager was perfect and the place was a amazing place to work at, its a great tormentor and opportunity if you look to grow in
good
Not Bad After All!
Elite Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 24, 2019
This was my first time selling timeshare but not my last. Unfortunately, I became sick and only lasted 2 weeks after training. I was told I could reapply 6 months later. Training is TOP NOTCH [imho] but can be overwhelming especially when you are now on the floor. Sales reps are required to go thru an additional 10 weeks of training - 1 hour 2 days out of the week.

Fresh out of training going into peak season expect your work days to be 6/1. A quick sales meeting starts at 7:50 a.m. [1 min late don't bother showing up]. Keep in mind 10-week training attendees meet an hour before the sales meeting - that really sucks!

Pay is $10 hourly draw against commission. From day 1 on the floor, you have a small VPG expectation which increases every 30 days. Come the 91st day, you are expected to be at full VPG [for every 10 tours]. From what I gathered, termination is eminent on your third written.

There are 3 waves. Should you escaped being called for the 3rd wave, then off to training for an hour until the line is cut.
Pros
Inexperience Welcomed, Top Notch Training and Good People Willing To Help
Cons
No assigned mentor following training for those that want it, The sales manager is way too busy to help with sales development.
Sales, Sales, Sales!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 15, 2019
This organization is very detailed and requires following a script with all clients and through all phrase of customer contact. As with any sales operation, positive numbers are the expected results. You will know what you need to do (via the script and training), and if you don't do well, you will be cut. Hours can be very long but if you got the sales you won't mine the hours or pay. The schedule is flexible as long as you give notice, they are willing to work with you. That said expect to work holidays and weekends. Management is not always available when you need them, which makes the job difficult.
Pros
Money, travel
Cons
Hard sale
Facilities manager
Senior Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLMarch 11, 2019
working at HICV is an enjoyable job although at time it was very stressful and some times it was difficult to communicate with upper management there sometimes seem to be favoritism among other managers
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
management
High Paced
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 11, 2019
There is a lots of information to learn, the training, however was approximately 2 weeks which was not enough to be 100% prepared to get on the phones. It is very high paced and the pay was average.
Do not work here
Lead Gen Greeter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2019
This place is a scam. You get people to buy a timeshare and they can't even use them. It's sad and I felt deceitful working here.

You are told that you get hourly plus commission but then they turn around and tell you that you can't have your commission. It was the worst job I've ever held.
Cool Family
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 3, 2019
The people that work and breathe within this organization are very cool, family oriented and genuinely concerned about your future. The management and co-workers are extremely supportive. A ever growing, ever changing environment... for the better.
Excellent place to work at
Recreation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 9, 2019
Guest satisfaction was the main priority. Offers a great work environment for all of its employees. Hard work was always rewarded by the managers and the supervisors.
watching guest smile while coming to our resort.
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLFebruary 4, 2019
I am good at customer service, have won many awards for customer service and sales. I enjoy working with people. I love the everyday challenges. I try and give the best experience when checking in, because lets face it these people are on vacation. Some are tired from traveling or flying on a late flight over night. So many reasons why people are on vacation. And some are just working. I have been there a long time, and even management comes to me with questions. I like to learn every aspect of my job. I go to work to work.
That is what i get paid for.
Pros
great benefits including more pto the longer your with company.
Cons
having to work a night shift.
Overall good company
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLDecember 8, 2018
There is a lot of growth happening with this company. I have experienced a good working culture and I enjoy my coworkers. With all of the growth has come some growing pains but I have seen the company making changes to work throigh them. A lot of employees feel they are set up for failure with the high performance standards and the company has very high rates of turnover. Other than that it is an enjoyable place to work.
Sales Consultant
Field Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  East Longmeadow, MADecember 7, 2018
Learned selling and closing techniques. Managed booth, vacation packages, portfolio of sales and guest accounts. Attended numerous work sites, venues, business meetings, and routine training workshops to ensure appropriate representation and communication is provided daily
Fun but no $$$
FTF Field Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 6, 2018
Most folks just didn't like the timeshare bit. They took well to me personally but it was hard to have any consistent cash flow. Going to different events was great, though they don't pay for gas & travel time...
Fun place to work, but you better sell
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLDecember 4, 2018
Early morning everyday we had a sales meeting to set goals and incentives. You need to be in a pretty good shape since you have to walk guesses around the resort. Sometimes expect to stay longs hours.
Pros
Fun, incentives
Cons
Pressure sales
Very little room for growth unless you are family or know someone
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 30, 2018
They promote who they want ONLY, which includes family members, friends and significant others. I don't know anyone who was promoted, within my department, that was given the job based off merit. Instead of picking people fit for the job, they promote and try to mold the individuals into the position.

The job is commission based, and not comparable to other departments.

It's a never ending cycle, if you wind up not wanting to make this job your "career" you will leave money on the table.
Pros
Free tickets to Disney, Seaworld, and Busch Gardens
Cons
Short lunch break, no room for growth
Beautiful place to work
Sales support (Former Employee) –  Flint, TXNovember 30, 2018
This is such a beautiful place to work at but I just didn't agree with selling timeshare here. I didn't think it was worth it compared to the other places this company has. All the questions I had to ask people who are just listening to a pitch to buy timeshares were too much and sometimes insulting. I was working in sales support and it was kind of laidback and the employees were nice. Unfortunately I feel that this place will hire anybody because I saw a few junkies who have been working there for years. It's not a big deal but if this place is very strict on rules and are trying to be professional they should make sure they're not around the customers. Although they are nice and work hard.
Pros
Good money and hours
Cons
Hire anyone
bad management / disorganized / lack of communication
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pantego, TX (Arlington location)November 28, 2018
Workplace culture is horrible, very unprofessional environment, you work hard for your sales and QA (quality assurance houses your deals - you don't get credit for the sale) affecting your check, lack of communication as to putting notes on the account if you call the customer back to correct QA, the company plays loud inappropriate music while you are on the phone trying to make a sale! If you start work before 4pm you make $10 an hour after 4pm $12 an hour. You have to make 13 sales a week to make a decent paycheck for the week. Team Leads have their favorite employees and cast aside the rest.
Pros
you get paid weekly
Cons
if you don't make a sale you make about $300-$380 a week (just hourly pay)
Very negative environment..
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 25, 2018
To many cut throat people in management great product just very bad mangement..period ,,,,,!!! Bad marketing comingling favoritism within managers and staff
Pros
Good money
Cons
Everything else
Horible place to work
Marketing Reward Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 22, 2018
This is a call center to schedule guest for a fee to stay at their timeshare. If they ask a question and call back you are penalized. Then they give you less and less calls.
Pros
Cons
the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn Club Vacations. Our community is ready to answer.