Holiday Inn Club Vacations Employee Reviews

Fun and high energy work place
telemarketer sales team member (Former Employee) –  Pantego, TXMay 15, 2019
Tons of opportunities to make some really good money at HICV and more than enough opportunities for advancement in the company, including a all expenses paid trip
Pros
Competitive atmosphere
Cons
You have to stay focused
Wonderful Company to work for. Absolutely would return.
In-House Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXMay 14, 2019
I loved my actual job. My direct supervisor was a racist and very very mean. It made for an incredibly hostile environment where I would frequently leave work crying. I’m given to understand that she no longer works there due to her attitude. So, problem solved! The company was wonderful and overall (excluding that one person) I felt that management sincerely cared for their employees.
Pros
Beautiful grounds, opportunity to learn, compensation
Cons
Late nights, horrible manager, short lunch.
Fun place to work
Marketing Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 13, 2019
The team leaders are very motivating to get you to learn and push more towards your dream instead of settling. The stories shared from them every morning in the meetings gave me inspiration.
You better have money in the bank
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 5, 2019
Ok so let me start with the good. You qualify for good health insurance after 90 days. which is affordable. The work environment is very nice and open minded to diversity. The managers think this is a good opportunity because they have not worked anywhere else. I worked for them for 5 weeks. the first 3 were training for around 300 per week. They will tell you that the income potential is unlimited. However, it is a very hard sale. I was the best out of my training class with 11 sales per week. The others were barely making 400. They wait to tell you until week 4 that if you don't make conversion that you will not make the tiered compensation. I did make 1150 in week 4 and 1170 in week 5 but keep in mind no one else came even close. If you have the ability to make 60,000 here you could make 100,000 somewhere else. If you are not a fantastic sales person they will write you up and do away with you. overall it is not worth the headache. Some people are making 80,000 per year but you will have to wait months to get to that. The training is very good and I can take that knowledge elsewhere to make good money for less stress
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Not up front about the compensation
Holiday inn club vacations
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXMay 1, 2019
The environment there was the best but the constant stress was ridiculous. The training was very misleading and unrealistic. I've seen more people leave that job than any other I've had. They are also being fired for not meeting the sales expectations although they know it's a seasonal job.
Pros
Great schedule
Cons
Constant stress, difficult customers, very low base pay
Up and down
Reservation Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 30, 2019
The comp plan for reservations is decent, you do have to build a pipeline and hope people don't cancel their reservation or else you don't get paid on it. You are not paid on bookings, you're paid on showed tours. So you do have to wait until guests show up to their tour to get paid. The management is a hit or a miss, there are a few that genuinely care for their agents and go the extra mile. On the other hand, there are many that simply could care less and don't do their job. The parking at the call center is awful, be prepared to get to work 20 minutes early at least, to find parking. The Holiday Inn discount is terrible, if you're working for the discount you're better off at Hilton or Marriott. The most enjoyable part about this job is definitely the people I work with (sometimes). You cannot eat at your desk, not even snacks. No decorating the desks and absolutely no phones on the floor.
Pros
Spiffs, Pto
Cons
Poor Management
Honestly, don't waste your time.
Call Center Inbound Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 25, 2019
Training was great with a highly motivating manager that makes you believe in yourself and your abilities to do the job. However, once you are out on the floor, it depends upon the manager you work under, as to how well you will do. This company enjoys write ups, and after 3, you're out the door. Even though you bring in good revenue for this company, you must have a certain conversion rate to remain employed. My first level helped me tremendously in learning what conversion was, and worked with each of his employees based on their strengths and weaknesses. The sign of an exceptional manager! However, and I did not want to believe it, but my second level manager sabotaged my conversion, not one, but two weeks in a row, which ruined not only my conversion, but my sales, as well. And out the door I went, This could have been a career for me. Now there are only two left working for them out of our class of 12, in just under 3 months. This company has a high turnover rate in a short amount of time. They are just looking for fresh fish. Don't get caught up in this.
Cons
Call center is run like a sweatshop, people hate timeshares
Great Job
Marketing Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 24, 2019
I met and have helped a lot of people. Im on the phone assisting people with booking their vacations. Making sure we have the dates for when they want to travel. Learning more skills to enhance my communication with my guest. I answer questions and what will take place when they get to their destination.

My co workers and supervisors our great to work with.
Good Place to Work
Front Desk Supervisor/Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Hawkins, TXApril 24, 2019
Enjoyable place to work. Meet many new people. Laid back atmosphere, great team members.. Family oriented, great open door policy. Excellent benefits.
Benefits
Cons
No advancement
Great job
Front Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXApril 22, 2019
Very fast paced position with extremely high demand for excellent customer service skills. Can be extremely pleasant and enjoyable or it can become highly stressful and difficult in the blink of an eye.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
very good
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 16, 2019
very good job , very organized and friendly people & different ways to learn and excel in new things . i love working here its a good job environment .
Be warned
Contract Processor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 5, 2019
Unless you want to commit you entire life to a job that does nothing but micromanage you even when you literally have nothing to do for 4+ hours a day, I would look elsewhere. I never received a separate lunch while working timeshare in general but this place was worse, I always had to either eat on the run or eat at my desk. Poor management, other than my one direct manager who corporate drove off with their impossible expectations and selective policies. Not a good company to work for period.
Pros
Cons
Overworked, underpaid, under appreciated, not compensated fairly
n/a
Talent Acquisition Recruiter II (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 26, 2019
I work Holiday Inn Club Vacations full-time for more than 7 years. Excellent pay,, excellent work environment. Competitive pay, great work environment, great management, benefits fit my needs, positive future outlook for the company, opportunities to advance, plenty of training and development opportunity
perfect
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 25, 2019
this is a good job to work at the manager was perfect and the place was a amazing place to work at, its a great tormentor and opportunity if you look to grow in
good
Not Bad After All!
Elite Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 24, 2019
This was my first time selling timeshare but not my last. Unfortunately, I became sick and only lasted 2 weeks after training. I was told I could reapply 6 months later. Training is TOP NOTCH [imho] but can be overwhelming especially when you are now on the floor. Sales reps are required to go thru an additional 10 weeks of training - 1 hour 2 days out of the week.

Fresh out of training going into peak season expect your work days to be 6/1. A quick sales meeting starts at 7:50 a.m. [1 min late don't bother showing up]. Keep in mind 10-week training attendees meet an hour before the sales meeting - that really sucks!

Pay is $10 hourly draw against commission. From day 1 on the floor, you have a small VPG expectation which increases every 30 days. Come the 91st day, you are expected to be at full VPG [for every 10 tours]. From what I gathered, termination is eminent on your third written.

There are 3 waves. Should you escaped being called for the 3rd wave, then off to training for an hour until the line is cut.
Pros
Inexperience Welcomed, Top Notch Training and Good People Willing To Help
Cons
No assigned mentor following training for those that want it, The sales manager is way too busy to help with sales development.
Sales, Sales, Sales!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 15, 2019
This organization is very detailed and requires following a script with all clients and through all phrase of customer contact. As with any sales operation, positive numbers are the expected results. You will know what you need to do (via the script and training), and if you don't do well, you will be cut. Hours can be very long but if you got the sales you won't mine the hours or pay. The schedule is flexible as long as you give notice, they are willing to work with you. That said expect to work holidays and weekends. Management is not always available when you need them, which makes the job difficult.
Pros
Money, travel
Cons
Hard sale
Facilities manager
Senior Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLMarch 11, 2019
working at HICV is an enjoyable job although at time it was very stressful and some times it was difficult to communicate with upper management there sometimes seem to be favoritism among other managers
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
management
High Paced
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 11, 2019
There is a lots of information to learn, the training, however was approximately 2 weeks which was not enough to be 100% prepared to get on the phones. It is very high paced and the pay was average.
Do not work here
Lead Gen Greeter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2019
This place is a scam. You get people to buy a timeshare and they can't even use them. It's sad and I felt deceitful working here.

You are told that you get hourly plus commission but then they turn around and tell you that you can't have your commission. It was the worst job I've ever held.
Cool Family
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 3, 2019
The people that work and breathe within this organization are very cool, family oriented and genuinely concerned about your future. The management and co-workers are extremely supportive. A ever growing, ever changing environment... for the better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn Club Vacations. Our community is ready to answer.