Holiday Inn Club Vacations Employee Reviews in Conroe, TX

Very fun and productive culture to work at
Pool Attendant/ Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 20, 2018
Here, on a typical day, it involves interacting with many guests from different parts of the country. HIC has a very nice culture. Management is top notch, and well controlled. Everyone gets along well and are friendly. Everyone respects one another. The most enjoyable part of the job was working on holidays because there are many events that are taking place, and you get to have fun and interact with all of the guest at the same time.
Horrible corporate micromanagement and zero job security - Don't plan to work here long
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 13, 2018
So I was hired when HIV merged with Silverleaf back in 2015. Shortly after I started the director of sales said to a room of 150 sales reps that it was his job to turn everyone in that room into millionairs in the next five years ... 2 years later I was one of 13 people left. Very simply put this company is your typical corporate money grubber who loves to get sales professionals fired up in the beginning and burn them out quick while they reap the benefits financially.
They pay well when you get sales but remove any possibility for you to actually be a true sales rep with all their micromanaging rules and regulations. You will be nothing more than a number on a chart to them no matter what they say or how much they protest otherwise.
They tell you to go close the deal while also telling you you are not allowed to close your own deals because you must turn over the sale to a manager no matter what thus making you unable to have control over what is taking place on the table and brining in a new face after you have spent 2 hours developing a relationship with your guest. Your job will constantly be in jeopardy no matter how successful you have been. Don't work here.
Hardest Part of the job
Activities Director (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 5, 2018
The hardest part was adapting to what ever manager was working at the time. They want to do things their way and won't except anything but their way. The don't honor or take into consideration their employees options or suggestions like they say they do.
Lack of management
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXFebruary 17, 2018
Management is VERY lacking, they hide in their offices all day. Great co-workers, and guests. But management is very rude, they treat you as if you are dumb and refuse to help. Even if they try to help, they don't know the answer to be able to help.
Cons
Lack of management
Front Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 22, 2018
Managers are very lacking and are not very capable of assisting line level employees. Instead, they stay in their offices all day. There is no room to go "above and beyond".
Fun, pace job
Sales Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 9, 2017
I love what I do here at Holiday Inn Club Vacation along with the family I work with. We are one big happy family that work well together. Holiday Inn Club Vacation doesn't pay there Sales Support Associate what they deserve. But over time hopefully they will see that if you don't pay right you lose staff members.
Pros
30 min paid breaks
great work place with an amazing sales team, looked forward to go to work every day.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 24, 2017
I worked with the company for 6 years and loved every part of it. HICV is a great and fun workplace that brings joy to clients and to its employees. It was hard work but it payed off in the end,
Management is a joke!
Hospitality Representative (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TxApril 26, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my co-workers as well as our guests. Management is a total joke! Unfortunately, this is still a 'Good ole' Boy' type of structure! There are opportunities for an amazing paycheck ... but be aware .. Don't hit your quota for 2 weeks and you're out of there!
Not Family oriented
Contracts Processor I (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXOctober 25, 2016
The hours for my contracts position did not allow for much family time, and neither did working the weekends all the time. Wages earned were not considered enough for the amount of work.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
Good work enviroment
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 14, 2016
Holiday inn club vacations has Good training.
Holiday inn club vacations has a good timeshare product
Also I like the people I work with