Holiday Inn Club Vacations Employee Reviews in Orlando, FL

Horrible place to work !!!
Activations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 12, 2019
This place is a big turnaround company. They dont care about , your home life, or anything else for that matter. Worse company to work for!!! They will treat you horribly and when you need help its not given!! It could health issues or even court ordered visitation! Dont even do it! Its not worth your time! You get paid 12 hour than you go down to 11 an hour not told in the advertisement for the position. Be aware before even attempt yo apply for this place. I have seen many people come and go out of there because of the poor management and pay and how the generally treat you! Go else for the sake of your sanity!!!
Cons
You better have money in the bank
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 5, 2019
Ok so let me start with the good. You qualify for good health insurance after 90 days. which is affordable. The work environment is very nice and open minded to diversity. The managers think this is a good opportunity because they have not worked anywhere else. I worked for them for 5 weeks. the first 3 were training for around 300 per week. They will tell you that the income potential is unlimited. However, it is a very hard sale. I was the best out of my training class with 11 sales per week. The others were barely making 400. They wait to tell you until week 4 that if you don't make conversion that you will not make the tiered compensation. I did make 1150 in week 4 and 1170 in week 5 but keep in mind no one else came even close. If you have the ability to make 60,000 here you could make 100,000 somewhere else. If you are not a fantastic sales person they will write you up and do away with you. overall it is not worth the headache. Some people are making 80,000 per year but you will have to wait months to get to that. The training is very good and I can take that knowledge elsewhere to make good money for less stress
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Not up front about the compensation
Up and down
Reservation Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 30, 2019
The comp plan for reservations is decent, you do have to build a pipeline and hope people don't cancel their reservation or else you don't get paid on it. You are not paid on bookings, you're paid on showed tours. So you do have to wait until guests show up to their tour to get paid. The management is a hit or a miss, there are a few that genuinely care for their agents and go the extra mile. On the other hand, there are many that simply could care less and don't do their job. The parking at the call center is awful, be prepared to get to work 20 minutes early at least, to find parking. The Holiday Inn discount is terrible, if you're working for the discount you're better off at Hilton or Marriott. The most enjoyable part about this job is definitely the people I work with (sometimes). You cannot eat at your desk, not even snacks. No decorating the desks and absolutely no phones on the floor.
Pros
Spiffs, Pto
Cons
Poor Management
Great Job
Marketing Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 24, 2019
I met and have helped a lot of people. Im on the phone assisting people with booking their vacations. Making sure we have the dates for when they want to travel. Learning more skills to enhance my communication with my guest. I answer questions and what will take place when they get to their destination.

My co workers and supervisors our great to work with.
very good
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 16, 2019
very good job , very organized and friendly people & different ways to learn and excel in new things . i love working here its a good job environment .
n/a
Talent Acquisition Recruiter II (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 26, 2019
I work Holiday Inn Club Vacations full-time for more than 7 years. Excellent pay,, excellent work environment. Competitive pay, great work environment, great management, benefits fit my needs, positive future outlook for the company, opportunities to advance, plenty of training and development opportunity
High Paced
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 11, 2019
There is a lots of information to learn, the training, however was approximately 2 weeks which was not enough to be 100% prepared to get on the phones. It is very high paced and the pay was average.
Very little room for growth unless you are family or know someone
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 30, 2018
They promote who they want ONLY, which includes family members, friends and significant others. I don't know anyone who was promoted, within my department, that was given the job based off merit. Instead of picking people fit for the job, they promote and try to mold the individuals into the position.

The job is commission based, and not comparable to other departments.

It's a never ending cycle, if you wind up not wanting to make this job your "career" you will leave money on the table.
Pros
Free tickets to Disney, Seaworld, and Busch Gardens
Cons
Short lunch break, no room for growth
Very negative environment..
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 25, 2018
To many cut throat people in management great product just very bad mangement..period ,,,,,!!! Bad marketing comingling favoritism within managers and staff
Pros
Good money
Cons
Everything else
Horible place to work
Marketing Reward Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 22, 2018
This is a call center to schedule guest for a fee to stay at their timeshare. If they ask a question and call back you are penalized. Then they give you less and less calls.
Pros
Cons
the job
n.a
Club Counselor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 25, 2018
love this job job has been so good to me they make me feel at home all the time i will recommend this job to any one. please if you would like to know more.
Fun workplace that is very productive and fast paced
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 13, 2018
Very interactive and closely monitored work environment, encourage using tools available to get things done. Do what it takes to make guest happy! A great place to gain experience especially for new entries to the job market not so much for seasoned individuals, very young minded!
Fun and fast paced
Call Transfer Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 24, 2018
A good place to work. I worked sales so it was fast paced competitive and sometimes frustrating. I would recommend job to others if not affected by stress.
Pros
good team atmosphere
Cons
stressful
Antiquated company with antiquated beliefs
Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 22, 2018
90 days to get insurance/benefits. No time off in the first 90 days. Agents are not able to go to the bathroom when needed. Fox News playing in the breakrooms. No communication, No coaching. "We do not believe in write-ups", "Do not ask that", " How long have you been there". In a department of four, 3 people want to quit because of the Manager. No coaching, just emails...do not do that.

More concerned about Agents quitting than success.
Pros
Fun environment, they try to promote culture
Cons
pretty much everything
Very nice and fun work environment, also competitive.
OWNER SUPPORT/CLUB COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 22, 2018
Learnt a lot about timeshares and this is by far the most legit timeshare company that I've seen, gives owners so many options and even allows them to transact with third partner companies to help them plan their vacations! Workplace is very fast pace and competitive but no salary raise.
Fun place to work as long as you have decent tours.
Sales Executive - Front Line (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 5, 2018
I can't say anything negative about my experience other than their marketing arm needs to bring in more workable tours guests. Otherwise, the schedule was great, and the overall attitudes of employees and management was pretty good. Word to the wise, this is NOT an easy track, especially the Front/Action Line. That said, it's a truly fun place to work as long as you can meet your quotas.
Pros
Upbeat staff and management.
Cons
It's a no-nonsense numbers driven job.
Horrible management at orlando Holiday inn vacations club location
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 31, 2018
The managers especially the director of the contracts department in the orlando location of Holiday Inn Vacations Club are very rude, lazy, unfair and extremely unprofessional. I received no training and they let me go after two weeks because I was making too many mistakes typing up the contracts. I received no training what did they expect? It was totally unfair and unprofessional. The managers get upset when you ask them for help because they don't want to be bothered and all they want to do is eat and hang out in the employees lounge and make the data entry clerk do all the work. I don't know how they are managers. This place is a horrible place to work and a waste of time that's why the turnover rate is probably so high.
Pros
Cons
bad management no training
Bad training
Reservations Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 28, 2018
In a two week training period without learning enough to get on the floor. Did not get computer passwords until the day on the floor. Management only cares about themselves and not the employees.
Great Benefits
Manager Day Drive Outbound Sales Team (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 25, 2018
Competitive pay for the area. Ample opportunities as a front line agent for employment with various departments. Good benefits. Overall a decent company.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
Difficult to get time off
Unfair work place
Activations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2018
I was a recent Activations Agent for 3 months and a sales agent for 3 months and i can say, it has been one bumpy ride. The sales floor is a joke. They fish out the good calls and give them to the “top producers” and the new people the junk calls. The money is ridiculous and not worth all the effort you’re putting into it. Now as an activations Agent, it gets more annoying. You have to make sure your “available” for blah blah blah hours of the week, you won’t even get paid good money until you build a pipeline. They offer you $15/hr for the first 90 days then it goes to $11/hr. You need 23 booking a week just to get $15/tour and you don’t even get paid for the booking until the guest travels IF they travel. The only upside to it is the monthly bonus if each location gets enough showed tours. However, if you quit or get fired, don’t expect to see your bonus or commissions for 6 MONTHS! This place itself is a SCAM. They’ll do anything to waste your time. DO NOT WORK HERE!
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn Club Vacations. Our community is ready to answer.