Holiday Inn Club Vacations Employee Reviews in Pantego, TX

Over hyped
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pantego, TXMay 29, 2019
Don’t believe the hype, management isn’t the best except a few. They give you terrible schedules, the leads are different then what the in company agents that transferred from Florida get who are making all the money. You will be replaced this place has a high turnover rate employees come in and out all the time. Ppl timeshare is what you are selling it sounds good til you get denied by almost everyone you speak with!
Pros
Weekly Pay & Hotel discounts
Cons
Everything else
Runnnnnn
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pantego, TXMay 27, 2019
Don't waste your time high turnover and poor management unprofessional will not recommend job to my enemy. Very unprofessional company shows favoritism workers are loud
Pros
Hours
Cons
Mangers
Fun and high energy work place
telemarketer sales team member (Former Employee) –  Pantego, TXMay 15, 2019
Tons of opportunities to make some really good money at HICV and more than enough opportunities for advancement in the company, including a all expenses paid trip
Pros
Competitive atmosphere
Cons
You have to stay focused
No worth it
OUTBOUND SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Pantego, TXOctober 10, 2018
Not worth it at all to say the least so I don’t even want anyone to waste their time in my opinion
Pure favoritism so you’ll never make a real check
Overall not too bad
Inbound sales (Current Employee) –  Pantego, TXSeptember 19, 2018
I was with the company back when it was silver leaf resorts and when hicv took over it wasn’t all that great it was just a change we had too get ust too however I’ve been with the company for a few years now and I actually do love my job yes it can stressful at times and yes it can be overwhelming but it’s a job NOT A PLAYGROUD I can have fun and make money at the same time I’m in the inboud sales depart right now but I done obm (outbound for silver leaf)FOR 3 years Prior too this and I’ve made more money in this company and dempartment. I love getting new people on the team because I can tell and show them how it suppose too be done and help them keep at least a comma in their checks I LOVE THIS PLACE AND Even though my managers might get on my nerves I wouldn’t trade them for nothing
Pros
Cons
Nonthjng
Good place to make money if that's what you're focused on
IN-BOUND CALL CENTER SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Pantego, TXAugust 3, 2018
Honestly I think my experience at Holiday Inn Club Vacations is a bit of an outlier. I got off on the wrong foot (accidentally) with the best sales team's manager. Performance is everything at this place, which should be expected in any sales job really. My co-workers were very friendly and the way the place is set up, it's not terribly competitive. You are not competing for sales that other people then won't get if you get them, the sales are always there for the taking. THis is an in-bound call center job (at least mine was) so there wasn't any cold-calling. However a lot of the time the customers didn't realize they were transfered or didn't know where they were being transfered to. The compensation package is pretty solid. You can definitely make a lot of money here if you work hard and keep your head down. Don't get me wrong, they expect you to perform, but I imagine this job is maybe a little less stressful than other sales jobs. They usually have good music (in my opinion) playing quietly from speakers in the ceiling and if you're on break and not on the floor, people are friendly and you can talk. I got fired because I was too chatty with my co-workers, was out of my seat a lot, would speak more personally to the customers (less professional), and got on the wrong guy's bad side.
Pros
Compensation, work/life, trainers
Cons
Management sort of, pressure to sell
Sounds good in the beginning
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pantego, TXJuly 1, 2018
Well for starters, our orientation instructor got fired during our orientation for not teaching ua correctly. Out of 20 people in orientation TWO employees are still there. Selling a complimentary vacation package for $250 based on a "vacation ownership" package was really hard.
Pros
Met cool people
Cons
Everything else
Very Productive workplace, ongoing training to enhance your skill level
Vacation Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pantego, TXNovember 6, 2017
A typical day at work was very productive from signing onto the system to the opening meeting which provided the level of enthusiasm needed to start your day.

any questions you had would never go unanswered,and management worked as a team to ensure you were ready for the level of success it took to make the sales goals that you set for yourself as an individual.

The culture overall was based on learning to juggle multiple things at once, but you get used to it. You learn to multi-task and become great at it, which gives you the dexterity overall to be successful at selling vacation packages.

The hardest part of the job is avoiding instant gratification, i.e. TO's. learn to complete your own calls and this will take you a long way.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the culture, everyday felt like a big family reunion to me, and not to mention when we did have the spread of food ( I'm a foody J) this just made it even more fun. Every one strategizes together to be the best at their profession which is an amazing feeling. I wouldn't call it team work per sey, but I would say that you have the ability to take a break, step away ask a few questions, get the answers you need, and get the SALES!!
Great hours
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pantego, TXAugust 1, 2017
Horrible training. Horrible management. Checks would not clear. Horrible earning potential. Switched script in middle of training. Set employees up to fail.
crooked liars
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pantego, TXJuly 18, 2017
Im still waiting on my money from the 10 percent they take up to 1000 in case customers cancel once they realize they got screwed. BLah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
Pros
short work day
Cons
your page aint long enough. dont fall for the bs