Holiday Inn Club Vacations Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

very good
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 16, 2019
very good job , very organized and friendly people & different ways to learn and excel in new things . i love working here its a good job environment .
Fun place to work, but you better sell
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLDecember 4, 2018
Early morning everyday we had a sales meeting to set goals and incentives. You need to be in a pretty good shape since you have to walk guesses around the resort. Sometimes expect to stay longs hours.
Pros
Fun, incentives
Cons
Pressure sales
Can make a lot of money
Outbound Day Drive Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 1, 2018
Realistically you can make a lot of money working for the company but there are some weeks we’re you don’t make as much. It all depends on the person.
Pros
Commission
Cons
No room to grow
It was a fun place to work
In bound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 19, 2018
Would not recommend this job to anyone who is not sales driven. Even if you dont hit your goal, they will only keep you working only if you are in a click.
Great place for sales professionals
Elite Line Sales (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 25, 2018
Awesome training - and it's ongoing! Super fun and supportive staff. It's not easy money but for professionals who continue to work on and develop their sales skills it's great money and a ton of fun.
Pros
High commissions, fun, great management
Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 27, 2018
Job shows a lot of favoritism. If you can do the job the best then you are automatically in. If you start off rough there is no coming back. Work day would consist of showing up, getting off the phone and do a meeting and do nothing for the remainder of the day unless call flow picked up.
Good times & then the Bad!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXJuly 17, 2018
I worked for this company before it was Holiday Inn Club Vacations, formally known, as Silverleaf Resorts!
Loved the company then, hate the company Now!

The company “claims” to be based around Family!! (What a complete Crock!!!) Some weeks we spent so many hours working that we literally became “like” family, seeing each other as coworkers more than our own families most of the time! The micromanagement in my opinion is the Worst part.

Loyalty means absolutely Nothing to this company. I watched several sales professionals that were with Silverleaf prior, get FIRED because of “poor performance” or not meeting the companies VPG - Volume Per Guest!

On a scale of 1-10 I would give job security with this company a 1.5 or 2!

Cheers!
Pros
401K - decent pay - benefits
Cons
Everything Else!!!
Poor Leadership
Sales (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 24, 2018
Regional leadership plays people against each other and expects people to do the job they can't do. Terrible moral and work environment. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place.
Pros
If you sell, you can make money
Cons
Leadership
management does not care about employees
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 6, 2018
It's all about the numbers nothing else matters. Managers are nit concerned about you and do nothing to help you. People quit on a daily basis. I would not recommend.
Pros
nothing good
Cons
everything
great people, nice respectful atmosphere, pretty laid back
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLApril 25, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Holiday Inn Club Vacations. The people are really nice. If your ok with the corporate mentality you'll fit in fine. I'm not really in to playing games, but people do and that can be expected here. Everything over the phone is also recorded, so you have to be very careful about what you say because it can be manipulated against you. But depending on how good your sales are and how nice you are to the supervisors anything can be overlooked.
Overall it was a decent place.
Pros
Good bennies
Cons
Closely monitored
Horrible corporate micromanagement and zero job security - Don't plan to work here long
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 13, 2018
So I was hired when HIV merged with Silverleaf back in 2015. Shortly after I started the director of sales said to a room of 150 sales reps that it was his job to turn everyone in that room into millionairs in the next five years ... 2 years later I was one of 13 people left. Very simply put this company is your typical corporate money grubber who loves to get sales professionals fired up in the beginning and burn them out quick while they reap the benefits financially.
They pay well when you get sales but remove any possibility for you to actually be a true sales rep with all their micromanaging rules and regulations. You will be nothing more than a number on a chart to them no matter what they say or how much they protest otherwise.
They tell you to go close the deal while also telling you you are not allowed to close your own deals because you must turn over the sale to a manager no matter what thus making you unable to have control over what is taking place on the table and brining in a new face after you have spent 2 hours developing a relationship with your guest. Your job will constantly be in jeopardy no matter how successful you have been. Don't work here.
Unprofessional Work Environment
Elite Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 11, 2018
Your typical scam of a timeshare who lures people in to waste there current vacation time by bribing them with "free money" they may never even receive. It's clear that no one wants to be there, customers or employees, so how is there any money to be made? And when your not selling your job is threatened. They interview you for a hour with interrogation style questions and then lie about calling you back. I was asked to give 3 reasons why they should choose me and 1 reason I gave was that I care about the way I present myself and would be sure not to make the company look bad. Manager said "I don't care about that". I could go on but trust me nothing good to say.
Pros
Cons
Managers don't care about the company, customers, or employees.
Holiday Inn
Day Drive Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 17, 2018
Overall nice place to work, enjoyable, you will be trained extensively on becoming successful, there will be lots to see learn and even hear from co-workers on how to close deals and do well.
fun but usecure good money and great bonuses
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 14, 2018
not well structured poor management and not enough opportunity Destroyed 30 yrs old company they purchased and laid off 80% of workforce all top sales people so not to pay benefits.Fun lob if you can live with the rules and deal with poor management.Good money if you are high producer. it is commission only so you better be good and always on your A game or NOT FOR YOU
Pros
good money
Cons
unsecure, poor structure, poor management and rules
great earning potential
Elite Line Sales Rep, Las Vegas (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 27, 2017
The timing that I entered the company was not good as they fired the VP and the director of sales. As a result, all management staff quit. Leaving the sales floor without the necessary leadership to run successfully.
Competitive and Positive Work Culture
In-House Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lee, MANovember 27, 2017
They stress the importance of family and workplace culture. They inspect what they expect and reward those who go above and beyond. They offer advancement for the ideal candidate.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Often times Stressful
Very Productive workplace, ongoing training to enhance your skill level
Vacation Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pantego, TXNovember 6, 2017
A typical day at work was very productive from signing onto the system to the opening meeting which provided the level of enthusiasm needed to start your day.

any questions you had would never go unanswered,and management worked as a team to ensure you were ready for the level of success it took to make the sales goals that you set for yourself as an individual.

The culture overall was based on learning to juggle multiple things at once, but you get used to it. You learn to multi-task and become great at it, which gives you the dexterity overall to be successful at selling vacation packages.

The hardest part of the job is avoiding instant gratification, i.e. TO's. learn to complete your own calls and this will take you a long way.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the culture, everyday felt like a big family reunion to me, and not to mention when we did have the spread of food ( I'm a foody J) this just made it even more fun. Every one strategizes together to be the best at their profession which is an amazing feeling. I wouldn't call it team work per sey, but I would say that you have the ability to take a break, step away ask a few questions, get the answers you need, and get the SALES!!
great place to work at, very competitive
Timeshare Sales (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 2, 2017
Wonderful company to be employed at . Learned more in depth how the timeshare business was and how to work the tables . Fast paced and very competitive
Pros
pay
Cons
stress
Very good company t
Holiday Inn Club Vacations - Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 15, 2017
A typical work day is to meet and greet clients to give a presentation on the benefits of owning and using a timeshare,I learned the ability to forged business relationship, Management was always helpful and we worked in a positive upbeat workplace culture. The hardest part of the job is getting all the information to a client in 90 to 120 minutes, The most enjoyable part of the job was to save clients money to travel in quality resorts to places they never dream they could go to/
Pros
meeting people from different cultures and educational background
Cons
limited amount of people that you could give a presentation to.
Excellent place to work
Elite Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXOctober 9, 2017
Excellent place to work, sometimes it can get rough though and it takes a certain emotional person to excel in this business. The management structure is great, though it is very difficult to move up into management simply because there aren't many managers.
Pros
Fun, great atmosphere, great money when you're selling
Cons
Sometimes management screws up your deals, hard job if you have trouble getting emotional. Timeshare is an emotional sale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn Club Vacations. Our community is ready to answer.

Holiday Inn Club Vacations Reviews by Location