Holiday Inn Club Vacations Employee Reviews

Great Benefits
Manager Day Drive Outbound Sales Team (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 25, 2018
Competitive pay for the area. Ample opportunities as a front line agent for employment with various departments. Good benefits. Overall a decent company.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
Difficult to get time off
Unfair work place
Activations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2018
I was a recent Activations Agent for 3 months and a sales agent for 3 months and i can say, it has been one bumpy ride. The sales floor is a joke. They fish out the good calls and give them to the “top producers” and the new people the junk calls. The money is ridiculous and not worth all the effort you’re putting into it. Now as an activations Agent, it gets more annoying. You have to make sure your “available” for blah blah blah hours of the week, you won’t even get paid good money until you build a pipeline. They offer you $15/hr for the first 90 days then it goes to $11/hr. You need 23 booking a week just to get $15/tour and you don’t even get paid for the booking until the guest travels IF they travel. The only upside to it is the monthly bonus if each location gets enough showed tours. However, if you quit or get fired, don’t expect to see your bonus or commissions for 6 MONTHS! This place itself is a SCAM. They’ll do anything to waste your time. DO NOT WORK HERE!
Do not work here
Day Drive (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 9, 2018
Let me start with I usually don't review jobs and other things with negative things to say but in this case I'm making an exception
This was the WORST five weeks of my life,they trained us with four different teachers and the first three weeks they monitored us with a live video & sound cam,which I did NOT have a problem with I just wish they would have also monitored management as well, there were two managers who were the embodiment of rude,and unprofessional,the work area is setup open cubicle style and the management liked to get up, walk around and yell at us about things,one of the managers got up and yelled to ALL of us about "how if you aren't getting paid salary then you shouldn't be touching the thermostat it does NOT belong to you".I went to talk to HR because not having any form of positive reinforcement makes it super hard to call people who will either reject you or just hangup on you then we found out they do NOT have a HR department in the building so in order to get your work problems solved you have to call and hope she can help you.one of my coworkers was being yelled at by her manager while on a call with a customer who knows what the customer heard (in order to do this job you have to read the script then add stuff into it as well as be ready to argue) well the coworker was making a sale while her manager was yelling at her asking "Can you read?" about six times talk about demeaning and disrespectful. To top that off the coworker made two sales that week and sent in her resignation so my manager erased her name from the board and announced that she would
  more... not be getting her money for her sales.  less
Pros
Short days, discounts, benefits, $15 a hour for 6 weeks of training
Cons
disrespectful management, lots of turnover, 11.50 a hour once training is over, No positivity
Good place to make money if that's what you're focused on
IN-BOUND CALL CENTER SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Pantego, TXAugust 3, 2018
Honestly I think my experience at Holiday Inn Club Vacations is a bit of an outlier. I got off on the wrong foot (accidentally) with the best sales team's manager. Performance is everything at this place, which should be expected in any sales job really. My co-workers were very friendly and the way the place is set up, it's not terribly competitive. You are not competing for sales that other people then won't get if you get them, the sales are always there for the taking. THis is an in-bound call center job (at least mine was) so there wasn't any cold-calling. However a lot of the time the customers didn't realize they were transfered or didn't know where they were being transfered to. The compensation package is pretty solid. You can definitely make a lot of money here if you work hard and keep your head down. Don't get me wrong, they expect you to perform, but I imagine this job is maybe a little less stressful than other sales jobs. They usually have good music (in my opinion) playing quietly from speakers in the ceiling and if you're on break and not on the floor, people are friendly and you can talk. I got fired because I was too chatty with my co-workers, was out of my seat a lot, would speak more personally to the customers (less professional), and got on the wrong guy's bad side.
Pros
Compensation, work/life, trainers
Cons
Management sort of, pressure to sell
RISE Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 1, 2018
This is a great experience for anyone who wants exposure to the industry. I learned a lot about the different departments, operations, and processes at HCV.
Pros
Free coffee, Learning and Development, Discounts
Boring
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Flint, TXJuly 31, 2018
If you like watching people have fun while your bored, and you like unfair management than this job is for you. The managers are all super rude and the guest are a pain in the butt.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 27, 2018
Job shows a lot of favoritism. If you can do the job the best then you are automatically in. If you start off rough there is no coming back. Work day would consist of showing up, getting off the phone and do a meeting and do nothing for the remainder of the day unless call flow picked up.
relaxed and great people
Recreation clerk (Current Employee) –  Hawkins, TXJuly 25, 2018
cooking cleaning hanging out with guests. learned how to communicate better and learned how to not be shy towards new people. good and bad co workers. hardest part is working long hours. and not fair pay. meeting new people was fun.
Stressful place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  SCJuly 20, 2018
The coworkers try to be nice, but they are extremely fake. The manager is not clear when training so it's hard to grasp things. When you ask a question the manager doesn't give you their undivided attention half the time. When you work nights you have to take a break 2-3 hours into your shift so the manager gets to go home. They are rarely there later during the day on busy days when people ask for a manager. On busy days it is short staffed, on slow days it is overstaffed. The different departments have a difficult time communicating, and something is always malfunctioning. The benefits are okay, but you don't get paid enough for all the stress that is endured here. I also get anxious at night because there are no cameras on site.
Pros
somtimes we get free food
Cons
communication, management, security
Horrible place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, VTJuly 19, 2018
The management is awful and will put themselves above their employees especially when it comes to the one off the managers have a cushy 4 day work week while the make their employees pick up all the slack. You’ll be lucky to get 1 day off a week unless you brownnose the managers. They play favorites and even one of the girls isn’t even in a position above housekeeper but thinks she is. It’s just a terrible place to work and you will get overworked and the managers there will not care at all.
Pros
Gym memebership
Cons
Overworking, management
Great Co workers
Resort Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Canyon Lake, TXJuly 17, 2018
My career with this company was for the most part amazing. I loved helping our guests/owners with directions or area information or helping them locate something they lost. I suppose the main issue I had with my last year would have been the change of attitude of the management team. As coworkers, we all worked to do our best and keep our guests top priority. We had issues with our GM and immediate manager where they would speak to employees in a very unprofessional manner up to the point of belittling them. Yelling at someone is never a good thing. I truly loved my job and all I did through the years with this company. I miss it but I have learned an over abundance of work related procedures and information to carry with me. I enjoyed making our owners and guests vacations happy!
Pros
Meeting and helping people from everywhere
Cons
Management negativity toward employees
Good times & then the Bad!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXJuly 17, 2018
I worked for this company before it was Holiday Inn Club Vacations, formally known, as Silverleaf Resorts!
Loved the company then, hate the company Now!

The company “claims” to be based around Family!! (What a complete Crock!!!) Some weeks we spent so many hours working that we literally became “like” family, seeing each other as coworkers more than our own families most of the time! The micromanagement in my opinion is the Worst part.

Loyalty means absolutely Nothing to this company. I watched several sales professionals that were with Silverleaf prior, get FIRED because of “poor performance” or not meeting the companies VPG - Volume Per Guest!

On a scale of 1-10 I would give job security with this company a 1.5 or 2!

Cheers!
Pros
401K - decent pay - benefits
Cons
Everything Else!!!
Unethical Shenanigans
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2018
As mentioned, unethical behavior practiced by particular co-workers, on a daily basis. Everybody on the floor knew about it, but whenever it was brought up to management they couldn't "find" the proof. After how many complaints, we realized nothing would change because the unethical people are not only reaping in bonuses, with their stellar (cheated) conversions, but management is also looking good for IHG and the powers that be, on the 2nd floor. Sad really, because they have a great mission statement, and some of the managers are pretty cool. It's just a shame that some bad apples get all the kudos and bonuses by, basically stealing, while us honest folks are left with hourly.
Pros
Catered lunches on holidays. Medical/Dental
Cons
IHG discount for employees are nothing to write home about.
Fun interactive environment
Activities clerk (Former Employee) –  Canyon Lake, TXJuly 12, 2018
This was my first job and it taught me everything I needed to know for the future ones. I gained customer service skills, cash register experience, grill procedures and closing out a register for deposit at the end of the night.
Pros
Fun environment and encouragement to be involved
Cons
Small yearly review raise even with high scores
Sounds good in the beginning
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pantego, TXJuly 1, 2018
Well for starters, our orientation instructor got fired during our orientation for not teaching ua correctly. Out of 20 people in orientation TWO employees are still there. Selling a complimentary vacation package for $250 based on a "vacation ownership" package was really hard.
Pros
Met cool people
Cons
Everything else
Inconsistent money
In-House Face to Face OPC (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2018
Was $10 an hour versus commission. The inconsistencies with the pay may the job pretty lackluster. It's hard to plan a life when you make different money every paycheck.
Cons
Inconsistent money
Great Place to work
Digital Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 25, 2018
Fun Atmosphere, Cool staff, and great leadership. It is a forward-thinking company that lets you grow within the ranks and become an essential part of the organization. I worked for the Rental marketing department and loved the people I worked with.
Pros
Good Leadership, Great Team, Awesome Discounts
Cons
Goals
Poor Leadership
Sales (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 24, 2018
Regional leadership plays people against each other and expects people to do the job they can't do. Terrible moral and work environment. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place.
Pros
If you sell, you can make money
Cons
Leadership
Great training for people in sales
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 9, 2018
A fun place to work, with great training! The ability to meet new people and help them figure out a way to balance their work and family life. It also taught me how to read people very well face to face.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay structure
love this company
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 5, 2018
this is the best training company out here in the vacation sales business. I hope to soon return to Holidayinn club Vacations.
the managers are great. it is a family out there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn Club Vacations. Our community is ready to answer.