Holiday Inn Club Vacations Employee Reviews

unfair
inside sales rep (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 31, 2018
They have complete control over who gets certain calls and who gets the scrub calls, if you get hangups dead air, or someone just goes click b4 you can even say your name, they count that call..

.So if you get 10 calls and 5 are hangups or dead air and you don't make a sale..they take you off the phones or send you home..

I've been in sales many many years, and have never experienced anything so rigged in my life...

Only certain people will do well that are given the best leads,,I didnt stick around once they kept taking us off the phones, like they had all this power..knowing if they got on the phones themselves, they wouldn't be able to close a deal.Most of the leads were poor people, who couldnt afford .$199.00 dollars, and were on ss..
Severe Micromanaging
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXMay 29, 2018
Good if you need back breathing, final warning type of motivation to do your best work. About 90% of our sales team was under standard and job safety was in question every week. Unrealistic budgets equal huge carrots you'll likely never reach, but keep you working hard for them. The VP's have a cliquey inner circle and everyone in it is invincible.
Pros
401K match
Cons
Unrealistic budgets and standards. Micromanaging
Tas
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lee, MAMay 29, 2018
Working with TAS Region 2 was great. The TAS Reg Dir was the best. Had to put in long hours, recruiting for the Berkshire area was very difficult. Lots of teamwork to make things happen.
productive and fun
IHG inbound sales (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 22, 2018
exciting place to work with great schedule. Location was good but management slacked a little in some areas showing favoritism. Good pay scale just changes a lot without your approval.
Best Company I have worked for
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 21, 2018
Great place to work with a great team. From the start of every morning everyone is happy to be there and greeting everyone with a smile. Definitely your second home with your second family.
Disappointment
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clarkesville, GAMay 11, 2018
Read notes.. Hostile work environment from day one with a lower level employee.. Went to general manager and HR. They did nothing and continued to let the hostile work environment continue for almost two years... Glad to be gone but heart goes out to the good people that work there who are still subject to this bullying, deceptive, and hostile work environment.. When hired they are not honest about what you Will be be subject to and have to endure for the sake of the holiday inn club vacation brand name
Pros
Few good employee, paid time off
Cons
Hr, poor upper management, hostile work environment
Face to Face Marketer (Current Employee) –  Flint, TXMay 8, 2018
I absolutely love my career with Holiday inn Club Vacations! The people are like a second family and there is always room for advancement!!! Since the day I started with HICV it has been an amazing learning experience, I have never been in the hospitality position before, I love seeing all the excited vacationers and making their vacation even better.
management does not care about employees
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 6, 2018
It's all about the numbers nothing else matters. Managers are nit concerned about you and do nothing to help you. People quit on a daily basis. I would not recommend.
Pros
nothing good
Cons
everything
Was something else when I started
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 5, 2018
My manager didn't know how to train her new staff members. I wasn't taken seriously and it made me lose confidence in myself. If I was given a task, I did my best and I excelled. Perhaps I wasn't mature enough for this position. Overall, I would go back considering this is a new company.
Pros
Concierge Work
Cons
Lack of training
selling inbound vacation packages
Sales / Customer Relations / Reservation (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 5, 2018
Was an excellent company to work for, had many benefits, and lots of growth potential. I was successful for many months with this company and loved working there, I however decieded to relocate closer to my parents
Over all its a good place to work.
Inbound Vacations Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 4, 2018
Money is not bad, you can make full time income only working 30 hours per week. If you can handle the repetition on the phones. Team meetings every day you will need to arrive 15 min early before your shift.
Pros
Potential to make a lot of money.
Cons
Income not consistent so far
Best company
Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Rusk, TXApril 29, 2018
The best company to work for if you want to move up quickly. The manager went from housekeeping to Gm in 2 years. The most relaxing job and the guest are so sweet. The pay is great for the location.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Non
great people, nice respectful atmosphere, pretty laid back
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLApril 25, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Holiday Inn Club Vacations. The people are really nice. If your ok with the corporate mentality you'll fit in fine. I'm not really in to playing games, but people do and that can be expected here. Everything over the phone is also recorded, so you have to be very careful about what you say because it can be manipulated against you. But depending on how good your sales are and how nice you are to the supervisors anything can be overlooked.
Overall it was a decent place.
Pros
Good bennies
Cons
Closely monitored
Fun and creative work environment
Inside Sales Representative/Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 22, 2018
They had spiffs like every day to create a little fun competition . they did a really good job in recognizing their top agents and rewarding them .managers were always there to help and they encouraged you to be the best
most enjoyable
Recreation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Canyon Lake, TXApril 17, 2018
I really liked my job here and I was there for 11 months, The management isn't the best but I really loved working here and the friends I made, They are like a family there and I honestly miss it. I highly recommend it!
Inside Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 16, 2018
management can use some work as well as their training program doesn't really help you to do better. Overall amazing environment one of the best places I've ever worked.
Needs a real management team
Sales Consultant/Elite Owner (Former Employee) –  Flint, TXApril 15, 2018
No teamwork, management is just looking out for themselves. Managers have no leadership skills or training. Managers don't respect their higher ups, just worried about their own advancements. Awful work environment, verbal beatings from leadership. Talked down to at any opportunity, managers take pleasure in seeing how many people they can make look and feel belittled, the bigger the audience the uglier the scene. Talk to their employees in a way no one should never be spoken to. Managers are a joke at this site. There are no breaks whatsoever. You don't ever get to eat lunch.
Pros
Good money during the summer
Too Little Money For Expectations
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 31, 2018
I’ve been in sales my entire adult life and have never had an expectation of being so overly aggressive with customers trying to sell them something. I liked the management team and the training is top notch but this just wasn’t for me. Out of about 20 people from my training class only about half were still working there when I left. They have extremely high turnover for the reasons I left.
Pros
Short days
Cons
Pay and
Senior Manager of Training (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 24, 2018
One of the best companies in the industry! It is an evolving culture that is well on its way to becoming the best company in the world. Its a large company with a family business mentality. If you want to be in a place that values its people, this is the place to be.
Very fun and productive culture to work at
Pool Attendant/ Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 20, 2018
Here, on a typical day, it involves interacting with many guests from different parts of the country. HIC has a very nice culture. Management is top notch, and well controlled. Everyone gets along well and are friendly. Everyone respects one another. The most enjoyable part of the job was working on holidays because there are many events that are taking place, and you get to have fun and interact with all of the guest at the same time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn Club Vacations. Our community is ready to answer.