Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Found 10,934 reviews matching the search See all 14,468 reviews
See resume
Night Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJanuary 20, 2019
Good company to work for. Management cares about the will being of crew.Management always willing to pitch in and help weather its the front desk or housekeeping
Great culture
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJanuary 20, 2019
The best thing about the job is the culture among coworkers. You are part of a big family. The management style puts employees at a very high priority. Happy workers make happy guests.
Okay work place
3rd shift clerk (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJanuary 19, 2019
Could had better management, could of treated people more fairly . Overall okay work place but they sold out and reopened by Indian culture based family.
Busy and fast
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Superior WisconsinJanuary 19, 2019
It was an extremely fast-paced job with a time limit in each room. You had to clean the room and have it ready for the next guest to check in in or around 30 minutes.
Fast paced, days fly past, very hands on great chance to learn people skills
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Eureka, MOJanuary 19, 2019
Very fast paced, days fly past, very hands on great chance to learn people skills, opportunity to work around children, fun work environment, very safe.
Pros
Free lunch, room discounts
fast paced and effecient
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Logan, WVJanuary 18, 2019
The work was physically challenging at times. It took me a little time to get use to it because you only had so long to clean and restock each room. I worked with and for some great people
Pros
Got to work by yourself
Cons
The King size beds is really heavy
Worked in Orlando, Aruba and Cocoa Beach
Director of Engineering, CEOE (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLJanuary 18, 2019
Assistant Director of Engineering for two years then went on to return as a Director of Engineering in Aruba and Cocoa Beach for a total of 7 years. Oversaw day to day operations and projects construction for the properties.
Pros
Island locations
Cons
Ready for Regional work
Productive, open and caring workplace
Front Desk Manager/ Head Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Alpine, TXJanuary 17, 2019
Out of all the places that I've worked I would hands down say this company was one of the best to work for and under. It is truly a family feeling environment with very understanding, compassionate coworkers who go out of their way to make everyday special for each of us.
Pros
Birthday cakes on your birthday
workplace
Elite Line Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJanuary 17, 2019
Does not follow company mission, no support and no adequate training for the company mission.
Did not live up to terms of Hiring,
Did not provide smoke-free environment
Did not provide non-bias opportunity
Pros
Cliche driven not recommended
Cons
all aspects
I loved this job and the customer service!
Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 17, 2019
I like and felt comfortable doing this job. Customer service is something I enjoy and find very rewarding. I liked the overtime availability. I liked the people I worked with.
Pros
Overtime opportunity
Cons
No break or lunch
Poor Management
HOTEL FRONT DESK CLERK (Current Employee) –  Richwood, KYJanuary 17, 2019
Training is minimal, you pretty much learn on your own as you go; Management is non-supportive, does not listen to your concerns; many of the co-workers are lazy and do not do a good job or only do what is required and nothing more; I love the job, just not the atmosphere. There are, of course, slow periods during the workday and I try to find something to do to be productive during those times without any appreciation. My coworkers are content to sit and do nothing during slow times and that seems to be accepted.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
no benefits, no management support
Dont do it
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 17, 2019
Horrible ghetto and unprofessional is a SCAM!!! He hired everyone who applied and it’s all about saleing hotel packages if you don’t sell a certain amount you won’t get a good pay check at the end because you only get 18% of it don’t do it !!!!
It a great place to work
GM Manager (Former Employee) –  Clewiston, FLJanuary 17, 2019
It is a great place to work the owner are great and they care about there employees .They offer training with in the company so we can move up. I would recommend this place for employment to every one
Pros
Get to meet new people every dsy
Cons
A lot of work
The managment is all over and they are hard to work with
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Bastrop, TXJanuary 17, 2019
I like how it sounded but as I have been working I realized they ask a lot from us and the pay is less than McDonald's which is sad since there is so much work to do and it feels like we are hardly getting paid like we should.
Pros
Not many
Cons
The pay, constantly looking for new hires because people quit and working 50 plus hours because of that.
Made promises that they wouldn’t keep
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNJanuary 17, 2019
This company will give you the training if you need the training in the department you are hired in. They protect employees that are in the wrong morally based on seniority status and when in violation of policies they do not follow proper protocol, yet enforce the policies on a biased notion. They do not have a designated HR individual and are using one from a company that’s no longer an affiliate. (Dated fact as of December)

This company will violate your rights. They do not follow the rules and regulations to have paperwork or logs filled out on time. Some supervisors will do there job great, but others lack and need training courses/ advanced studies to be at their professional peak. Employee relations from other departments are really good within this company. Overall if you are seeking a be told what to do kind of job then this is for you!
Pros
Leisure time in between job tasks, concerned department supervisors, always has the supplies to do the task assigned, and very nice guests to speak with.
Cons
Hostile work environment, enforcement of company policies is on a biased basis, No designated HR representative
Decent place to work during school
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJanuary 17, 2019
This job is a good job for a college student. The managemenet are exceptional and allow the guest services personell to do homework when there is no other important tasks to be done.
Pros
Homework, Hotel benefits
Cons
Boring
Stay away!
Sales Representative call center (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 16, 2019
Horrible work environment/experience
Filled with Trainers that f*** with each other (if you know what I mean) just a ghetto hustled filled job. I personally saw no room for advancement just nada. Don’t believe the pay hype.
Fun workplace
Housekeeper/Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 16, 2019
I loved the time I worked for this company they are extremely welcoming everything was very clean and the guests pice how pretty clean and neat their company was also extremely clean
good place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  South Haven, MIJanuary 16, 2019
Talk with guest make sure everything is good with there stay
alot
management was good the owners could have talked to the workers right and a little better
there was not anything hard about it
i would say most of them did
Very Good
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 16, 2019
Ok Place To Work. Great For Using Perks While Traveling.. I Travel 4 Times A Year And Take Paid Vacations When Ready. Very Fast Pace To Work. Great Management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

55.1K

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight