Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

54.2K
43.5K
32.6K
Found 9,111 reviews matching the search See all 11,935 reviews
Fun workplace, good hours, decent pay
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKAugust 16, 2018
I worked at the hotel with a few friends and made friends with my coworkers so it became a fun place to work after aboit the first month when I got know everyone. The management was decent, seemed a little biased towards who they were friendlier with, but overall they tried their best.
Pros
1hr unpaid lunch or 30 min paid lunch
Cons
We were rushed by management everyday
Fun workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 16, 2018
Great place to work at such lovely people. Great team players. Hard work but your working independently. All the housekeepers was very nice and helpful
Wouldnt Recommend
House Keeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 16, 2018
Organization was no where to be found. Some days if you're not fast enough doing your job you stay a whole 12+ hours of non stop labor, with the exception of a 30min break, completing it and the pay I received definitely wasnt worth it. It was hardly enough for the worked that was put in. It was like you were just a body taking up space in the company. I do not recommend this job unless you are extremely desperate.
Pros
Insurance provided
Cons
Unorganized, bad management, low income, non-stop labor, Bad management.
good times
house keeping (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 16, 2018
i spent a lot of time working here it was a great place to work and nice people. i had a lot of promotion and moving up was easy to do. i loved my time there
I was an employee for 10 yrs. The best and only perk was the employee discounts. There not the best rates compared to Hilton or Marriott.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Colton Ca.August 15, 2018
I love the hotel industry. The employee rates is why I refuse to retire yet. A few more years of traveling and then retirement. Love to talk to guests. That is the best part of my job.
Pros
Employee rates
Cons
New owners sometimes are not that great, or are less caring than others.
Stressful
Reservation Agent and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 15, 2018
Really bad company no help the employees. The managers have those position because is a best friends of the directors no with the capacity for that position. Mi position was reservation but we need to to customer services and we take calls. When customer call for customer services the call take more time and sometime you no do reservation and only the calls that you receive is only customer services, but the company put numbers that you need to do all the weeks and something is impossible do those numbers because you no receive the calls only for reservation. The company need to change because is terrible.
Pros
nothing pay
Cons
short breaks
Housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTAugust 15, 2018
I enjoyed working with the staff. Each department had its own opportunities and everyone was willing to help in different areas to get the jobs done. They loved to promote from within.
stressful, rotating shifts, unknown workload
Guest Representative (Former Employee) –  South Haven, MIAugust 15, 2018
Holiday Inn Express is a decent place to work for if you enjoy accommodating the public and helping with their needs. On any given moment without notice you can go from no work needed to be done to all guest needing something, that's where the stress factors in. While i was there they didn't set a given work schedule. One week you could be on first shift then then next you could be working nights, with no days off to acclimate yourself to those hours of the shift.
Pros
discounts on any Holiday Inn Express
Cons
hectic work load with low wadges
Up and down
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 15, 2018
Loved the hotel atmpsphere, however certain co workers were not the best. Ownership was decent. Terrible hours and no flexibility with scheduling. Would work for another hotel.
Productive workplace
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 15, 2018
Friendly environment and wonderful employees the staff is amazing and always serves with a friendly smile. A great establishment and a good place to stay on vacation or a getaway
Family Type Invironment
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSAugust 15, 2018
Good place to work. Fast paced and sometimes stressful, but worth coming back every day because I loved my colleagues and my guests. It is easy to make a friendly atmosphere a real thing.
Very low pay and no benefits. Owners yell and belittle staff. Appears new, but built and looks cheap. Bar was not open.
n/a (Former Employee) –  j/aAugust 15, 2018
I rate this hotel very low as to the Holiday Inn that I have stayed in. We were there two nights on business. Will stay at the Hilton Garden nearby next time. Hilton is much more modern and offers more amenities.
Pros
new
Cons
looks cheap, staff under-trained, no open bar. Room appeared not cleaned from prior guest.
Easy work conditions
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lansdale, PAAugust 15, 2018
Left to your own devices. Management only got involved when there repairs needed to be made that were costly. Great work environment. Never any issues or problems between employees.
Job is good but poor management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 15, 2018
Poor management but is a great place to work, had allot of fun and responsibilities, co workers are great and the experience is great too, but they are short in management for over a year
Very fun and fast paste
Server (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 14, 2018
Very helpful with work hours and with my school schedule and always fair. They always go over the safety to make sure all the employees are working right and safe that way no one gets hurt.
Pros
Have fast pasted days
Cons
Better benefit
Ok
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Claremore, OKAugust 14, 2018
I would work here again if the managers have changed. The ones that they had when I was there was horrible. I would recommend this place to people who are interested in hotels to work at
it was nice
Front Desk/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIAugust 14, 2018
it was a great place to work with friendly staff and a decent environment, however, they have far too few maintenance people for the vast amount of appliances in the building.
Very relaxed but professional setting to work in.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, VAAugust 14, 2018
This is a great job someone starting out or who is in school. The hours are not very flexible but the job itself is perfect as it is an eye opener to other real world professions. You will learn how to use a switchboard, send and receive faxes and emails, answering phone calls and taking reservations and payments over the phone, as well as checking in guests up front and communicating with them in a timely matter.
Pros
Breaks when needed
Cons
No healthcare benefits or raises.
Small family like environment
Front Desk/ Night Audit Agent (Former Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJAugust 14, 2018
The Holiday Inn introduced me to the hospitality world and I was never disappointed. The culture and value they had for their employees is something you do not receive from most employers.
Pros
The overall environment
College job
Night Auditor / Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 14, 2018
This was a temporary job when I was in college. Although I enjoyed meeting new people here on a daily basis, I was not able to keep up with an overnight schedule while attending school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight