Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Found 9,544 reviews matching the search See all 12,491 reviews
fast paced- clean environment-good hours
Houseman/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 11, 2018
I enjoy working for employer but need more hours in order to meet my needs. Team players within the hotel. Clean environment with friendly staff, all working to provide quality service.
Pros
good team members
benefits
great work environment
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHDecember 10, 2018
no issues with job I just had to move to California for my dreams
.work was steady always
management was very friendly
culture was comfortable
hard part was leaving cause it was busy at end of shifts
most enjoyable was learning about maintenance at full capacity
Pros
discount on rooms
Productive and Fun Place To Work
Food Prep/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32821December 10, 2018
Collaborative Environment and positive movement to have team members to get leadership training.
The team members are very enjoyable to work with and you learn a lot.
Good attitudes and we all helped one another like family
Dishwasher/ Grill cook (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLDecember 10, 2018
Growth opportunites was always open.Great management also awsome crew memebers as well.Relaxed work enviroment.Also was abke to help others once my work was done
Pros
Free lunch, Holiday bonuses
Cons
N/a
Amazing job
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 8, 2018
Easy and fun work environment. Everyone is very nice and great work ethic. Would strongly recommend to anyone looking to make extra cash. Shifts are very easy.
Pros
Lots of free time
Cons
Lonely
Easy going
Kitchen Aid/Short Order Cook (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIDecember 7, 2018
I set up and took down the breakfast bar. Set up salad bar. Made side dishes for orders. Restocked any food that was low. Washed dishes, mopped floors. Made sure all food was fresh.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not very busy
Good Hotel
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDDecember 6, 2018
I loved working for this hotel. Everyone was like family here even though it was such a large company. They encouraged training and enhancing your skills.
Productive and fun workplace
Housekeeping/Construction Site cleanup (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 6, 2018
They teach you a lot of the basics. Management makes it easy to understand what it is that ur supposed to be doing and how to do it. To me there was no hard part but most people were just complaining about not being able to reach the top of the dressers.
Pros
Optional long lunch
Cons
Short breaks
loved working here
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LADecember 6, 2018
Everyone pretty much got along. We tried our best to not let the one bad egg spoil the job we loved. Management was awesome and heard our problems and did what they could to make sure we were comfortable with our workplace.
not a great place at all
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Washington, WIDecember 6, 2018
I ended up quitting due to the manager that was there was disrespectful and very rude instead of helping you or explaining that you were doing something wrong she had you wrote up
Its good
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 5, 2018
this is a good place to work, the people are nice. The work during the day/night shifts typically keeps you pretty busy. The hardest part of this job would have to be either getting used to the operating system they use or getting signups from guests.
Awful location to work for
management (Former Employee) –  Denver International Airport, CODecember 5, 2018
The staff at this place was great but management was horrible, verbally abusive and vindictive. When these problems were reported up the chain nothing was done and nothing changed. They did not pay enough to even live on but made sure you worked enough that you did not have time to seek a second job or other employment. This is the worst company I have ever worked for.
fun work place
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77031December 5, 2018
A typical hotel very fun work place and co workers are friendly. Fast paced. You can have a benfits from IHG discount rate for rooms or free night. Just need health insurance.
Fun place to work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 5, 2018
It was a great environment. There is a chance to grow but the hotel was bought out and sold to a different company. So, there was a lot of people who were left without a place to work.
Good for what it is
Kitchen manager/chef (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VADecember 5, 2018
Doesn’t matter where you are there’s always a holiday inn, they are competitively priced in for a budget hotel they are well-maintained and clean thoroughly. The food will surprise you if you go in with your hopes down. I cannot speak for our holiday ends but the one that I work that we took pride in the food that came out of the kitchen.
excelent work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 5, 2018
every day at work is amazing,i learn something new every day,the management is great,is great workplace culture,the hardest part of the job isnot being able to be available to satisfy the guest
Pros
free lunch
Holiday Inn
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYDecember 5, 2018
The Airport Holiday Inn is a good place to work.Working with the Front Desk Staff the Driver is allowed flexibility to transport and assist customers to and from Airport.
Pros
Good Atmosphere
Cons
Lack of Elevator in Building
Productive, Fun at times but always meet nice people.
Front Desk Agent/Concierge (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILDecember 4, 2018
A typical day at work here at Holiday Inn Itasca Starts off with Getting everything prepared for the day before check-in time. I've learned A lot more about customer service. Intricate social interactions and learned in-depth problem-solving skills. with guests. Management here was great at first. After some time here you start seeing the changes with management. They will get upset with you if there was a mistake made from a different co-worker and let it out on you. Management also takes hours away even if you worked the extra hours to help out if it was busy. The managers Favorite certain employees and treat others unfairly. It was culturally diverse. And a well-balanced group of people. Dealing with management on a day to day basis. And Accommodating guest as best as I can. The most enjoyable part of my job is being with my co-workers and talking to a guest that comes here on a weekly basis.
Pros
Free breakfast, Lunch and dinner.
Cons
No breaks only when you're not busy.
Lifeguard
Pool attendant and certified lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIDecember 4, 2018
Management never sided with the lifeguards. There was always someone calling out and we would usually be short staffed. I enjoyed working with my co-workers but they weren't very reliable.
fast-paced, lots of paperwork, and computer work
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GADecember 4, 2018
Office and computer work environment, get to meet new people, management cares about employees, employee discounts, no other benefits, fast paced environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

54.4K
43.6K
32.7K

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight