Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Fun when you made it fun
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJune 21, 2018
Highly stressful position, not very much guidance. i learned much about the hotel industry. the guests were the hardest part of the day, but all you could do was smle and see what you can do to help
Horrible workplace
Housekeeper/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJune 21, 2018
Have heard everyone is replaceable from management numerous times. Very judgemental, favoritism is at an all time high!! You are treated like nothing, new people are hired in at more than long term employees are making. No place for advancement.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
To much high school gossip
Amazing work exepriance
Valet and Shuttle Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Vail, COJune 21, 2018
Very fun was definitely the man of the hotel. My title held valley, but my actual job was everything from shuttle bus driving to mechanic on site! overall was an amazing place to work and wish it was still available .
Pros
Very fast, Freeing, beautiful friendly work environment
Cons
always on call, Very small staff
Stressful
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  MontanaJune 21, 2018
The owner needs to rehire all new managment. There is no mature management. Employees get treated with disrespect and their is tons of drama and disrespect and it's not a good place for anyone to work at
Cons
No benefits and no chance for moving up
not employee friendly
Rooms Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 21, 2018
I don't really want to specifically comment on the location where I worked. In General the upper management was stifling and had their own agenda which wasn't employee friendly
Unknown
Night auditor (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJune 21, 2018
Cool.very exciting my nights at work are excellent... Different people almost all the time..its very busy on all shifts... Very professional very helpful team an nice
Pros
Nice awesome
Cons
Overnights
No future
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARJune 21, 2018
There is no place for advancement in this company. The franchise owners often cut corners when it comes to safety as well as maintaining the structural integrity of the building.
good place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INJune 21, 2018
not enough pay or hours at the time i worked there. but its a great hotel. just needed a hottub that neeed to be fixed had alot of gusest whishing they could use it when i wored there.
Helpful in Teaching Me the Ropes
Line Cook/Preparation Specialist/Breakfast Cook (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJune 21, 2018
The management for the region was terrific. Everything was collaborative and team based. We all needed to work together to give the guests the best stay they hope for and continue that same standard diligently.
Fun and easy place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJune 20, 2018
I loved working here and everyone was very sweet and friendly. This is a great place to work you just have to stay focused and get all of your work done.
i liked working here.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 20, 2018
I really liked my job, I got along with the big boss and the housekeeping boss. we got are rooms cleaned and when we were short staffed there would be help were needed,
Pros
got along with everyone.
Cons
breaks werent really that long
Productive and fun workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 20, 2018
Use to love working as a team. Enjoy doing my job and paid was fair for what i was hire to do. Learnd a lot as well from cleaning skills to inspect rooms
very friendly
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GAJune 20, 2018
It was very easy and the coworkers was friendly. Never had rude customer.. i always kept my rooms cleaned and took my job very seriously and would recommend the job to anyone.
Fast paced
Commercial Janitor (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYJune 20, 2018
Fast paced work environment. Variety of tasks, duties, and responsibilities. Enjoyable staff. Excellent customers. Difficulty in maintaining full-time hours.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Inability to maintain full-time hours
Night job overseeing hotel.
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Vermilion, OHJune 20, 2018
My typical day at Holiday Inn consisted of a general audit of income for the day, customer service for the guests, laundry, and some cash handling. I learned some interesting skills in the Hotel Industry. Management was poor in my opinion. The most enjoyable part of the job was it was generally very quiet.
Fun place to work, had a great team
Banquet manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 19, 2018
Had to have great hygiene, I was like a perfectionist will setting's, food and my employees had to be on top. If you work well as a team you always come out on top.
Pros
Good tips
Cons
Management could have been more supportive
Dysfunctional Family
Front Desk, Maintenance, Breakfast, Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CAJune 19, 2018
There are days where its slow and time drags. But there are those days you find yourself pushing yourself to your limits. No matter what, the goal for the day was reached. Once you get past a few egos, there are some great people here. If you come to work, it will show. The pay could be better but that is not at the hands of management. There will be days you feel drained once you get home. There are also those days you come home, proud of the work you accomplished.
Just ok
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJune 19, 2018
The general manager when I was there was awful. If she thought your work performance was exceeding and you were doing good work, you were fired. Co workers thought she felt threatened
Holiday Inn
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 19, 2018
This was my second job. I kept it through college as I was deciding where my career path should go. This job was perfect for a college student, as it was flexible and it was applicable to my area of study.
Great staff and something new daily
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 19, 2018
A usual day is busy , though there is days in the off season that it is tough to stay busy all day other times you cant put in enough hours.Management is somewhat laid back, possibly a little too much to the point that a supervisor from another department will sometimes have to step up in another department.The only hard part of the job really is just not knowing whats in store for you as you come in the door,the best part is being part of a team that works together to keep guest satisfied.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

53.9K

2.3

2.0Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight