Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
They teach you about the system and they are working with step by step they never leave you behind the management by BFSoul perfect company they have a lot of property.
Been working there for over a year as audit. GM of the hotel is one of the best manager I've worked with, but the owner not so much. Even working for a year, they never gave me a raise or overtime, even going past 40 hours.
Pros
hotel discount
Cons
Short staff
The good thing working with the company is getting and sharing different guest life experience and the distance from my home is very close. The bad thing is the routennes of the job.
felt well supported. learned marketing. enjoyed making connections with guests and offering excellent guest satisfaction. was given the training needed to succeed.
Building and maintain customer relations. Handled all financial and sales records. Adjusted all cash till for the coming day. Ran cash reports & make cash deposit. Updated Policy and Procedures for all Bartender. Updated Policy and Procedures for all managers, Serve as floor leader. Served drink and food. Managed day-to-day operations, including supervision and assignment delegation for 14-member team. Coached new team members on job tasks and performance strategies.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Working at the front desk job was overall good. My shift was 7 to 3 so I was able to enjoy the rest of the day. The pay wasn't the best but at the time I didn't mind.
very flexiable hours, every one is very nice. the hotel is very nice and warm. everything you need is in the lobby or upper floor. very close to resturants
The hotel and management as a whole was excellent. The value of family oriented was really felt, The feeling of belonging was really felt. They value employees happiness as well as the customer service and giving satisfaction to the guests and clients.
It wasn't a hard job, you'd go in clean, get out, and do it all again in the next room. After a while you basically memorize the routine. We also had cleaning competition in the hotels where managers and staff would come together.
I am 18 year old and I work at a hotel with my aunt. I go to school and IT my senior year. I just move to Maryland with my boyfriend. I am worker and my aunt help me get the job where I am working now.
Very good team work, everyone effort make relaxed working atmosphere Drop by drop make ocean. Guest satisfaction was everyone goal, Which is the tool of referral business
Very grateful to work with a great company.the hours the people great management great.very flexibility an will accommodate you.the hardest part was the breaking down of an event had to it all by myself.
Holiday inn used to pay a $4/hr base. There was no steady customer flow. I was there for 2 months and there were nights that I made $20. The front Desk person was harassing me by dialing the Bar phone and hanging up repeatedly and wouldn't stop until my friend went over to confront him, she was banned and almost arrested. The management had no concept or desire to market the bar externally. I end up getting let go because I had to call out because I couldn't find my keys one day. Oh, not to mention being accused of comping like $60 worth of drinks. They keep advertising jobs in my area, and I want to scream STAY AWAY!!
Pros
Peace and quiet
Cons
Everything else
very professional and fun , welcoming and very flexible I will always recommend it to work at. we are all very respectful to other coworkers, Guests are our number 1 priority
Learned to properly handle situations that included customers complaining. Properly communicated to the managers so that their situation could be handled.
Working at Holiday Inn Arlington was fun and enjoyable, as shown by the relation with other employees. I leaned a lot from this place about the hotel management skills
Its a nice experience in working with the ihg We learn a lot and delivery the same as we progress Through our work ,friendly system to work with and easy to get trained
Pros
Training's
Cons
Tedious software
Poor upper management and very low pay. Hotel was run into the ground with minimal to zero renovations done or even scheduled. Unenjoyable working environment.
Working at the Holiday Inn Bethesda was pretty much a learning experience. I had all skills that I have now and learned pretty much. Like electricity, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, painting, floor installer and much more.
I supervised 9 engineers all good co-workers. General Manager alwayst rusted my desicion as a Chief Engineer. I interacted with another departments really well.
Pros
Free lunch everyday.
Same routine at work. Few times help quest at night. Management was good. No issues at work place. Hardest is when guest was out of control and party was going on in the room. After you shift, breakfast was giving every morning.
Pros
Peaceful workplace.
Cons
Guest was out of control.
  1. Employee Reviews