Holiday Stationstores Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Lead Crew Member (Former Employee) –  2 stores in MontanaApril 15, 2019
I worked a little over 3 years for this company. Not all of the stores are like this, but my experience was poor management and lack of employee support caused this company to loose many good people. Headquarters is located in Minnesota and that is where orders are dictated, causing complete disconnection between HR and their employees.
Pros
Discount on Gas
Cons
very little advancement oppertunities
Great place to work, fast paced
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 11, 2019
Great place to work, fast paced the customer interaction whether new or regulars were the best part.
Job is fairly easy as long as u like to move and not be a register buddy.lol The lame side would be management. Really depended on which store u work at determine manager.
Pros
Weekly pay, employee discount inside and outside products.
Cons
Upper Management needs to really stand behind their manager below them and so on.
Decent
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNApril 7, 2019
Management was not the best. Pay was low as well. They are short staffed, so you can get tons of overtime without it being an issue. You also get pretty decent discounts as well.
fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  17601 minnetonka blvd.April 2, 2019
co workers are great and fun group of ladies to work. We have an awesome crew and our customers really appreciate us. The vendors are great to work with.
Fun, kept busy
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Cologne, MNApril 2, 2019
I liked working at Holiday because you never really got bored, there was always something to do and it never felt like you were doing the same thing continuously.
Pros
Free fountain drinks, free food once hot snacks/bakery expired
Cons
Lower pay
very fast paced
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNMarch 28, 2019
Holiday Cottage Grove is one of the nicer convince stores in the area, Meaning everything must be perfect for the morning and evening rush. Allot to do in a small amount of time.
Pros
flexible breaks
Cons
Work Drama
Very productive co-workers we all stayed focused on our jobs.
Holiday Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Maple Plain, MNMarch 24, 2019
I enjoy working with the people in the community even though I never knew I would enjoy that so much before I started. But I find it’s not rewarding enough and I would enjoy working in a different setting. My co-workers all communicate together throughout the day and we always are sticking to the list of tasks posted everyday and doing things to make the store a better place. I have grown a lot in the short time I’ve been there.
Pros
Discount in gas and meals, friendly environment, good break time, flexible hours
Cons
Poor management
nothing to say
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMarch 17, 2019
At Holiday they are very unprofessional...I quickly realized Holiday was not for me... I left get n go for a pay increase at Holiday.. also continue my path
Pros
customers
Interesting Place to Work
Overnight Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 16, 2019
In my years with Holiday, I worked at two stores, one of which was with other employees, the other was alone. On the overnights you still help customers, but your time is actually spent cleaning and detailing, that way the store can look presentable for the forthcoming day. This job will definitely help expand your people skills, as you meet all sorts of people. You must be very self motivated, as on the night shift, things have a habit of starting to lull. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the coworkers, you will meet some of the best people ever. The most difficult part, some of the more obscene and unruly customers can truly test one's patience. Management is generally laid back, provided you aren't going around and causing trouble.
Pros
10% off almost everything, flexible work schedule
Cons
Schedule is volatile at times
Poor management & clicky coworkers
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Luverne, MNMarch 16, 2019
People that I worked with were very immature, clicky,& disrespectful Management there was horrible. HR & upper management is supposed to be there to listen & help if there are problems but instead they would rather kick you out the door being condescending & rude They dont care about anyone but themselves. I worked there for 51/2 yrs , calling in sick twice during that time, was never late & went in to help when I was asked when not on the schedule I have never felt so used & abused
Pros
Pay was good
amazing
Retail & Customer Service Holiday (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMarch 15, 2019
amazing to work for. awesome people. free pop, coffee, donuts. so many options to eat for when you are hungry. discounts for employees on things. great company
Pros
everything
Productive and Organized
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 13, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and co-workers
The hardest part about the job was dealing with the car wash and outside Garbages on cold days
Cons
Not enough pay
fun and loving workplace
Holiday Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNMarch 10, 2019
its a very good place to work we work together as a team. most of us employees think of eachother as family. we get benifits and if you work their long enough you get time off
Simple enough job, but stressful at times
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Crookston, MNMarch 10, 2019
Working at Holiday is simple enough just like any other gas station, the only advancement as far as working at Stations is making it up the management ladder. If every employee did their work the job would be less stressful and coworkers wouldn't have to pick up the slack and/or have to come in. Unfortunately the industry is not seriously taken, so most hires are a hit or miss as good workers.
Pros
Free lunches, fair wages
Cons
No benefits, lunch breaks if allowed, work hours cut
Productive and active workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNMarch 9, 2019
A typical day would consist of restocking shelves that were low on items. You would restock things inside the cooler and freezer as well. You would do so while also working the cash register.
Pros
moving around
Cons
short breaks
Fun but busy
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNMarch 9, 2019
You get all kinds of people and they want all kinds of things . You get a customer mad that’s testing your customer service skills . It’s pop ups it’s a test.
Not impressed so far
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMarch 6, 2019
I was hired almost two weeks ago and have no idea as to what I’m being paid. I won’t know until my first paycheck I guess. Work/life balance is not great, they only schedule a week out, it’s especially bad if you work nights. The coworkers themselves are the only part I’m enjoying so far but I don’t think it’s going to keep me here.
Pros
Free car washes, free food
Cons
Short breaks, no communication, no benefits
Different
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 5, 2019
It was fast paced and Fun, You we’re always busy there was always something else to do besides standing around and waiting for customers. I got to know my coworkers and learned how to deal with angry customers without stressing myself out or them.
Pros
Paid weekly
Friendly and fun place to work.
Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ladysmith, WIMarch 1, 2019
Fast paced and fun place to work. The pay could be a little more to fit a working person with a family. Management is wonderful and great trainers! The customers are friendly and make the job 10 times better!
Pros
Fun and fast paced
Cons
Pay
Productive workplace with awesome coworkers!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNFebruary 28, 2019
At Holiday we all worked together to get a job done! My manager was awesome to work with and she worked with my schedule as this was my 2nd job and my 1st priority was my job at 3M.
Pros
Free coffee while working
Cons
Awesome coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Stationstores. Our community is ready to answer.