Holiday Stationstores Employee Reviews

Loved working with most of the staff
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNAugust 11, 2018
The work wasnt really that difficult but the manager puts you under a magnifying glass. Everything that you miss will be brought to your attention, and they dont see how hard you work. They tell you everything you miss, but dont seem to notice how much time you put in to another task. They dont know how to say "good work".
Pros
Good work, easy work.
Cons
Beligerent customers, poor management
Good job
Sales associate and assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 9, 2018
Possible promotions are good. Flexible hours and good atmosphere meeting new people. Can be fun if you have the right attitude. I really liked working here
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no 401k
Relaxed, busy, no work-life
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNAugust 6, 2018
Everyone at Holiday seemed laid back. I was hired as a General Manager however they did not even have a store for me to manage so i was basically a cashier or non manager employee at my training store. I did not work more than 40 hrs because of that but the manager at that store was working 50+ hrs every week and sometimes even working 10+ days in a row because of call outs. People seem to get away with anything and the ones calling out were Assistant store managers. The General Managers did not seem to get the support they need when being short staffed and for a 24 hr store that meant that you had to get out of bed and go to work at 2 am if someones called out. For 48k a year? Work 50+ hours a week and have only 2 weeks vacation per year for the first 6 years? No thanks. Overall ok company to work for just way too many hours imo.
Pros
Free fountain drinks and coffee, laid back.
Cons
Always busy, you will be tired everyday, can never sit, way to many hours for salary paid.
Relaxed place to work
Customer service representative/Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNAugust 3, 2018
I’ve been working there for 11 years and only make barely more than new hires. No advancement positions, and it takes years to get your own store. Management and employees at this location are at a high turn over rate.
Pros
Food/merch/gas discount, 401k plan
Cons
High turn over rate, non reliable co workers, no room for advancement
Productive and helpfull
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNAugust 2, 2018
Holiday Station Store is a friendly work environment willing to work with employees if they have issues. Very reasonable with giving time off when needed.
Good
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Forest Lake, MNAugust 2, 2018
Throughout the last two years I’ve made a lot of friends working at holiday. The shifts are 10 hours so kind of long but on the bright side you get 3 days off during the week being full time.
Great environment with great coworkers.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNAugust 1, 2018
Holiday stationstores is a great place to grow as a person and team and you learn how to deal with different kind of situations everyday. The employees are all very nice and hard working.
Very busy
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNAugust 1, 2018
I love the seeing the same customers on a daily basis. I love all the multi-tasking I get to do and how fast my day goes. The benefits are good and recognition from district manager and upper management is great.
Pros
Flexible, pay is fine, and employee discounts
Cons
Working with lazy employees
Relaxed
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 31, 2018
Holiday is a relaxed place to work depending on management and co workers. Complete tasks and assist customers , keep busy, and if everyone does what they are supposed to everything goes smoothly.
Pros
Good co workers, good breaks
Cons
Bad co workers, not enough hours, low pay
Fast pace friendly people positive attitudes
Station Manager (Current Employee) –  Thief River Falls, MNJuly 30, 2018
Holiday Home office is the most helpful that I have ever worked for both my District Manager and my Regional Manager are the best I have ever worked for in my 40 years of working.
Pros
Positive company to work for.
Cons
They don't have a opening for me in Spokane
Rated Holiday Stationstores as a whole.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hibbing, MNJuly 27, 2018
Holiday stationstores was a great first job to have, they have flexible hours and will work around your school schedule if needed. Friendly environment and great people to work with.
Pros
Gas and in store discounts
Cons
Short breaks, no lunch break, and you might not get your break when busy.
Poor management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 26, 2018
The management was bad they always had a attitude when they came in to work the manager was stealing money out of crew member droors in we was the blame for all the money in our droors in its not fare that we had to take the write up for them when they get on our droors
Great people Fast paced never borrowing
Cashier Cook (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MIJuly 26, 2018
Very busy gas station. Usually upwards of 400+ customers on a slow day. Routine includes making coffee, taking and returning currency and change. Keep warmers filled with correctly timed food. Resolve customer complaints. Keep the store clean and safe.
Fun place to work
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNJuly 24, 2018
I enjoyed working for Holiday Stationstores it was fast paced fun management was awesome and the people in the neighborhood all know me, I love working with people and this was a way to do it..
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Pay
You have to work incredibly hard to get any recognition
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNJuly 20, 2018
1. run the carwash
2 run the cash register and customer service
3. Food service

The store never seemed calm, it was always in disarray. I think training needs to be re-invented,
Pros
good fringe benefits
Cons
small staff
Lots of work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Michael, MNJuly 18, 2018
Holiday was a great place to work. Hard to have a work life balance when management due to call offs or no shows. Pay could be better with the amount of work needed for position
Pros
Hour Flexibility
Cons
Pay, work load
not for women with opinions
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 17, 2018
Rampant gender discrimination in pay and opportunity for advancement. Men in similar positions can earn 50% more than female counterparts. With recent changes in ownership no one can tell us if our jobs are safe or for how long. Many leaders are still in the Kool-Aid phase of the transition
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJuly 17, 2018
After going through jobs I finally found the job I enjoyed the most which was holiday gas station I’ve actually stayed with them a couple months but I ended up leaving due to bills but I really liked holiday it’s a place I wanted to be and fitted in they welcome you 💯
Pros
Moving forward 3 months later to something bigger with the company
Cons
Sometimes no breaks
Fast paced and stressful for management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  AKJuly 17, 2018
Holiday is not a company to move up in. There is no room for advancement unless you are lucky. They require managers to put 50 plus hours in each week with no overtime pay. The salary is not fair for the stress and time you put into this job. Hourly employees aren't paid or treated fairly.
Pros
Fuel discounts, merchandise discounts
Cons
long hours, not flexible with scheduling
Its a gas station.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AK 99701July 12, 2018
Come to work, ring up people, stock shelves, rotate product, check in vendors. The job teaches you a lot about corporate regulations.

They have a high turnover rate for management.
The workplace culture is very dependent on the manager you work for.

The hardest part of the job is the pace, you are going to be short-handed pretty much always.
Pros
Decent discounts.
Cons
No breaks, benefits are not great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Stationstores. Our community is ready to answer.