Holiday World & Splashin' Safari Employee Reviews

A very special job and a fun workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Claus, INJune 4, 2018
Working at Holiday World was a very good experience for my first job. They repsected me, and understood when i had a problem. They are a very nice workplace.
Pros
40% discount on food, 20% discount on items
Busy
Host (Former Employee) –  Santa Claus, INJune 3, 2018
As an employee you are always busy, most of the time it is fast paced and your always up on your feet to get the job done! Everything that is done is group based, you always have a crew with you at all times to tackle that specific assigned job,
Holiday World
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Claus, INMay 12, 2018
I have worked at this seasonal job since 2008. The amusement park was open from May until October. I was in charge of a gift shop and had to handle the day to day operations of a gift shop.
Ehhh
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Santa Claus, INMay 8, 2018
Good as a first job in high school, however I personally had to leave my house at 6am to catch the HW bus and then get home at 9pm when only having around 5-6 hours to work. The buses were so crowded a kid had a seizure.
Pros
Hires 15 year olds
Cons
Just about everything else
Good for teens/those looking for something in college. Seasonal only
Water Technician/Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Santa Claus, INMarch 26, 2018
Pay is low, but it was a convenient and easily attainable job, good for highschool kids in the summer, or those looking for something temporary while they worked towards something else.
Pros
relatively low stress work, can be a fun environment, some flexibility with regard to what days you could work when you sign up.
Cons
Very base pay, a lot of playing favorites, and could be dirty work.
I loved my job, it was fun on somedays and stressful other days
Games (Former Employee) –  IndianaMarch 9, 2018
When I first worked there I loved it, but I slowly understood how it was to work there. The new workers there made it ten times harder, the manager would never help on stressful times where there's not enough people to work at the job with a long line of people.So I decided that it was my time to leave before I got worse and lost my self in the crazy mess there, now I'm looking for job that doesn't treat there workers like a kid
Pros
I got 15 % off on food
Cons
15 min breaks, the workers to take my place where always late, and the I never got the hours I wanted
Phenomenal all around
Video Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Claus, INFebruary 16, 2018
Amazing environment to deliver exceptional customer service. Being willing to do anything that needs to be done to ensure customer's happiness. The company culture is exceptional, once you work at Holiday World you are apart of the Holifamily.
Pros
Discounts on food and merchandise, flexible work options
Cons
being outside/heat, standing for extended amount of time
Great, friendly place to be at
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Claus, INFebruary 16, 2018
Wonderful place to work at. There's a very friendly environment. Everyone's very nice and helpful. All employees go above and beyond for the guest that come in there
Fun and Productive
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Claus, INFebruary 2, 2018
A typical day is fast paced depending on the location in which you are deployed. There is a lot of communication involved as well as moving around/standing. Having a good personality, being friendly, and helpfulness are the key characteristics to advance at this job.
Pros
Season Pass
Fun Place with many benifits
Foods Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Santa Claus, INJanuary 11, 2018
As an employee at Holiday World and Splashing Safari, we got 40% off of food and 20% off of gift shops along with getting "holipoints" that could get us to earn tickets for family and friends.
Pros
some free food, flexible schedules, good supervisors, good training
Cons
hot temperture
very hard but pays good
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Santa Claus, INJanuary 5, 2018
being out in the sun that long was miserable but the hours a day were also long so the paycheck was 300 a week. I might go back now that I don't have to ride the 200 bus fee
Unorganized
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Claus, INDecember 23, 2017
In my 20 plus years in the workforce, this was by far the worst job I had due to the management. It was a shame because it could have potentially been a good job. The work life balance is not what they say it is. If you have any type of maintenance experience, go somewhere else.
Pros
The other techs where good to work with.
Cons
The policies where ridiculous at best.
Crew
Slide Attendant (Former Employee) –  Santa Claus, INDecember 11, 2017
It was so bad i hated working here they put me in a place i didnt want to work, they were very rude to me i put in my two weeks notice and left and went to wendys.
Fun place to work (amusement park)
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Claus, INDecember 10, 2017
A typical day at work was usually extremely busy. Therefore, I was taught how to work efficiently in a timely manner. I also learned how to work independently but also how to collaborate when it is appropriate. Through this job, I know how to handle cash properly and how to work a cash register. Overall, I loved the environment and my managers were very respectable.
Pros
Discounts, transportation
Cons
Expense of transportation
Cool place to work
Crew leader of Attractions (Current Employee) –  Santa Claus, INNovember 13, 2017
Great co-workers and management. Very friendly environment and never a dull moment. Strapping people in and making them scream is a pretty fun way to get paid.
fun day
Restaurant Cashier Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Santa Claus, INNovember 8, 2017
Work was fun met a lot of people. I had been with Holiday World & Splashin Safari for 5 years and everyone was fairly nice. Management got better my last year and anyone that works there can move there way up if they show they are loyal.
Warehouse Working
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Santa Claus, INNovember 5, 2017
Following detailed directions and keeping inventory stocked and well organized​, unloading trucks, and delivering product to various places in the park.

This is what I do everyday in the warehouse. I learned a lot about working with a team and what it means to be hard working.

Management is very friendly and they care about making sure their employees are safe.
I loved my job here
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Santa Claus, INOctober 31, 2017
I have spent many summers working here, I love it so much it is a great first job you meet so many new people.
the best thing about working here is that every day its something different.
Nice job but not for me
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 30, 2017
It was a great experience for me but sadly I lived to far away I live an hour from there if I lived closer it would be more suitable. But I would be there from 7am to 9pm and wouldn't even get paid for 2 of those hours
Pros
Good work experience
Cons
Low wage, Terrible management
Productive and fast-paced
"Hostess/Sweeper" (Former Employee) –  Santa Claus, INSeptember 28, 2017
Holiday World and Splashing' Safari is a a mediocre first job, but, it does have opportunities such as becoming a supervisor or even a position in higher regards in management.
Pros
Free access to park
Cons
Demands

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday World & Splashin' Safari. Our community is ready to answer.

Holiday World & Splashin' Safari Reviews by Location