Holland & Knight LLP Employee Reviews

Phenomenal through and through
Public Policy & Government Regulation Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2018
If you have a chance to work for Holland & Knight, do it. The company is full of intelligent, accomplished, passionate individuals who do exemplary work.

As an intern, they heavily encouraged us to work with people and on projects related to our interests and passions.

Honestly I can't praise this company or my experience enough - work for them and find out yourself!
Pros
Office culture, broad range of issues and clientele, great staff, strong work, yummy ice chips, everything ever
Cons
Sometimes the office was too chilly; most folks in DC are self-serving sharks
Typical legal secretary responsibilities
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 11, 2018
This job offered continuing educational classes which were most beneficial to my position. The hardest part of this job were the ratio of attorneys to secretary
Pros
Continuing education classes
Really nice work place and great benefits
Offices Services Specialist/Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 27, 2018
Clock in, check the coffee, check the conference rooms, made copies when needed.
I leaned a lot working there, actually a lot of the reason why I was able to get jobs after working for Holland & Knight was because of the experience I gained there
The hardest part about my job was honestly dealing with the manager.
The most enjoyable part of my job there was basically everything else. I loved getting up and going to work everyday.
Excellent fun work place
Legal Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 7, 2018
A productive and busy environment with awesome bosses, employees working together as team player willing to work hard with smile and positive attitude
Pros
positive environment
Cons
short lunches
Got to travel to many different parts of the US to refresh computers
Technical Support Specialist (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 22, 2018
I would image and setup desktops and laptops. Transfer data and make sure all programs ran correctly. All the different locations had friendly end users and management. The hardest part of the job was setting up aall the computers to image
Pros
Got to travel
Cons
No cos
Former Employee
Senior Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaFebruary 22, 2018
I enjoyed my time as an employee of Holland & Knight. I gained a lot of knowledge which broadened my skills, and I made a lot of lifetime friends from my association with the firm.
Learning Experience
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 8, 2018
I've learned a great deal over my 9 1/2 years at H & K. I enjoy the practice group I work in and enjoy the work.

My work hours are great and I love that I'm close to Metro Station.
Pros
Downtown location
Cons
Medical Insurance
Best company I have every worked for
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 8, 2018
Great culture offering many tools for education advancement, promotes from within, supportive management, exceptional benefit package, long term tenured employees,
Competitive and fun working environment
File Clerk/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 29, 2017
It was a great place to work, with wonderful professionals, and cared about your well being and working in a team environment. The job was demanding, since it was a big firm but they respected you and what you brought to the team.
I liked working at Holland and Knight.
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2017
Holland and Knight is a great firm with family values. The attorneys and the support staff are very good at their jobs and they really do care about the firm. The work load can be a lot especially if there is several hearings in one week but it was a good type of stress. As long as you do you job correctly and meet your deadlines you will do great at Holland and Knight. I loved working there the only reason I left was to follow my dreams and go to graduate school.
Pros
Relax Atmosphere, Professional Staff, No Micromamaging
legal support staff (Current Employee) –  South Florida, FLAugust 14, 2017
great place for attorneys and management. very focused on bottom line (collections, profit to partners). personality management is key. have to learn to keep human emotions/feelings out of the mix, they will be held against staff at some point.
Productive, sometimes fast paced environment, safe environment.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 3, 2017
The Accounts Payable department was well-run. The manager and staff were intelligent and efficient. Mistakes were few and were caught quickly and fixed quickly. I enjoyed working there. It was a dependable, quick-paced position where I felt my job was truly appreciated and important to the efficiency and function of other's positions and needs.
Pros
Intelligent management, convenient location, great benefits, fair treatment
Cons
No complaints
My experience was great!
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2017
Enjoyed working at H&K and formed some lasting friendships. At the time I was at H&K, a lot of changes took place and downsizing. I'm not sure of the culture now.
Pros
Staff interaction
Cons
Typical law firm
Good Working Environment. Friendly People
SENIOR LEGAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 2, 2017
I would recommend working there. The attorneys and staff got along extremely well. The work load was always manageable and at times if it got hectic there was always another team member willing to step in to help.
Fast growing environment eager to explore opportunities for growth
Client Funds/Trust Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLApril 10, 2017
Fast pace growth with ability to multitask with excellent attention to detail skills. Throughout the daily demand, one would need the ability to learn new laws, changes, and adapt to several changes throughout the year and not loose focus of the end goal to profit the firm.
benefits
Nice staff but no room for advancement
IT (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 6, 2017
This place is only good for a couple of years, then need to move on in order to advance career. They rather get new hires than promote within. The staff is nice.
Laid back law office
Office Clerk/Reception (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 22, 2016
Everyday is repetitious, and feels like a routine. A typical day would consist of daily office walk through and break covering. During the course of my time here, I have learned to be more professional and have learned a lot of admin skills. Management in the office is very supportive and understanding. The office personnel are laid back.
Pros
great supervisor, occasional free meals, best holiday parties
Cons
health benefits have gone up
Excellent Firm and Management
A/R Billing and Collections Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 10, 2016
Great Firm to be a part of who care about their team! This Firm goes above and beyond to provide excellent benefits, and perks for their support Staff. Managing Partners makes sure every one new how important each department was to the Firm and how it contributed to its continued success.
Excellent Law firm to work at
Recruiting Administrative Assistant - West Coast (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 2, 2015
Holland & Knight was definitely a great law firm to work at. Even though H&K was quite a large firm, we got to know each other so well that we felt almost like family.

As we worked hard for our clients; we also had great times during the fun occasions such as staff meetings, staff appreciation lunches, Pic-Nics, Christmas celebrations were the best etc.

The benefits at H&K were great, and not to mention the job culture of the company that was also great.

I worked at H&K for almost 18 years and was laid off, but even so, I could never have resentment towards the firm as they were part of a great time in my life.

I will always remember the firm as well as the employees of such a prestigious Firm.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
I can't think of any cons
Fast pace work environment
IT Project Manager and PMO (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 1, 2015
I manage 28 active projects across every functional leave daily. Meetings, Reports, managing different projects from Security,Apps, Web, Marketing, Communications, Finance, and Infrastructure.

The hardest part of the job would be Management style on the IT department.
Pros
Functional groups are easy to work with
Cons
Management style of IT department.