Holland America Line
69Average

Holland America Line Employee Reviews

United States452 reviews
Holland America Review
Pay is low and not everyone is trustworthy but I’d give Holland America Princess a very good rating I’ve made many friends Instructors, test mentors, and all my learning has been superb I learned about my job even when I was CDL testing The test was a GREAT learning experience. I never thought I would say that about any place. Hours can be adjusted to fit employee NEEDED
Good and happy family
Evwry2one of employee is just like family, and for safety manners is always be number 01.
Bisede of making some mon2we can also experience for travel around world
Do not work for this company if you are female and gsve values. The work environment is geared toward promotions for males
Poorly qualified doctors from the Philippines and South Africa determine the fate of nurses and patients. The doctors employed runs the show onboard. They are supported by equally inept head office staff in the USA. The reqruiters lie about working hours and conditions.
Overall good company to work for
Holland America is a fair company to work for if you are ready to take an retirement job. Lack of promoting opportunities since majority of Senior Management are there for 20 years plus. A traditional company and not too open for feedback and suggestions and lack of promotion opportunities
Pros
Good benefit and work hours
Cons
Lack of opportunities
Poor management
Upper management takes huge salaries and employees receive just above minimum wage. They make huge profit margins on cruises but limit bonus to the agents selling the product. Would not work for company again due to lack of concern for their employees.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Low pay and poor management.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Exigences politiquement correctes.
Travail stimulant. Occasion particulière de rencontres intéressantes.
Search in the internet.
Working in ship is hard that you imagine because you are far away from your family so you should have courage and your physically fit.
arephysicallyfit
Challenging but rewarding place to work
Being on the sea is unlike anything else. It's the best place to save money, but you really need to be resilient and patient because of the no days off possibility.
Very professional
It was a professional working environment while still being fun. They wanted us to learn as much as we could about the safety procedures so that we would be qualified employees.
Pros
Payed time and a half for hours over 40.
Cons
They had to quit the 2020 season.
Overall is fine
The workplace is fine but been there for 10 years and they are discrimination on where we should mingle at the bar. Which we (normal Crew) don't have a bar at all to drink and socialize. Always the officers and the accosiates are allowed to be at the bar. Complaint to the management but they just don't care and no action been taken. Disappointed. As other company has no discrimination whatsoever like that.
Service of Excellenr
Onboard the cruise vesells as the crew member at HAL are the best ever I had, they tooks me a lot of experienced with a different culture of worlwide people. Also, gave experienced work with a non stable field of work, a waving, a roughing just like a rock n roll but have to do the work even a situation makes you vomits.
Having a good work experience with other nationalities, Having owesome travelling around the world
It is a dream coming true to be a crew ember of Holland America fleet, i enjoyed every single trip, knowing pier to pier.
At least i ever step my foot in Alaska.. The Last frontier
Challenging and motivating workplace that allows for creativity.
A normal day at work involves being ready to serve our guests with a positive attitude and being open to learning something new each day. The day is full of excitement, --there is always beautiful weather each day, the sun is out for more than 20hrs/day. Everyone working is always in an uplifting mood.
Great people, and fun and exciting industry.
I felt fortunate to work in a fun and exciting industry such as travel and tourism, combined with the maritime aspect. All of which was interesting and unique.
Enjoyable position
This was a seasonal position.
I learned a new software program while I worked at the front desk making and verifying reservations by phone and in-person. I gave guests information on what to do in the Fairbanks and surrounding areas.

The hardest part of the position was that the summer ended and so did the arrival of the tourists.
Holland America
Great company. Great environment. Great people. Great trips. perfect environment to perform for the guests. Love to work for Holland America when the opportunity arises.
Una experiencia diferente en la Hospitalidad
Una forma de trabajar que te da la posibilidad de viajar y conocer diferentes culturas.
Management is very understandable
Half moon cay is the most exciting place to work, every day you learn a new task and the coworkers are very encouraging multitasking is very simple and fun.
Fair enough for first timers
The harmony in workplace are not that bad although too many nationalities are working there, adjusting in time management would be the greatest hindrance because you would have to work for 12-14 hours a day specially when the ship is full house.
Pay is low and the incentive program is not an incentive but kind of an insult, make sure you ask about it if you’re expecting commission. The training is awesome and the culture of the company is great! Enjoyed my time with HAL thoroughly, but the compensation plan was not what I was expecting.
Hardest jobs ever
too many discriminations, no off days either. Work long hours everyday for 11-13 hours/day. No life is here. Every day is work and work. Dont work here till you get old
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holland America Line. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight