Holland Center Employee Reviews

Couldn't have gotten my BCBA without Holland Center!
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 3, 2018
I learned so much about ABA and gained so many helpful skills to become a BCBA. All of the clients and families are a joy to work with and the high quality of therapy provided is amazing.

The job culture is wonderful! Lots of opportunities to get to know your co-workers both in and out of work. Fun annual events for both the staff and families such as kickball games and concerts performed by the clients.

Working here is also a great way to continue to move forward if your career aspirations are to become a behavior analyst. Holland Center is partnered with the Florida Institute of Technology's Hybrid ABA program. The supervision I received during this time was incredibly valuable. Also, having so many co-workers with such dedication to this field is something I have never found working at another company.
Pros
Behavior Therapist position is well trained and heavily supported, Fun staff events such as annual Staff Olympics happy hours and much more!, Opportunities to advance in the field, Incredibly knowledgeable staff
Cons
May not be the job for you if you are not detail oriented, have trouble with time management, or have trouble keeping up with active kids
Fast-paced, exciting workplace with room for growth!
Senior Behavior Analyst (Current Employee) –  MinnetonkaMay 3, 2018
I really enjoy working at Holland Center! I have been working here for almost 5 years and have no plans to leave. I have had advancement opportunities within this fast-paced, positive structure and I have always felt that I have the opportunity to continue to learn and grow.

Holland Center has a focus on professional and personal growth, with continuing education opportunities, ongoing training throughout the year with Staff Development Days, and through a collaboration with Universities offering Master's Degrees.

The best part of my job is getting to see our amazing children every day, with their bright personalities and adorable smiles. The progress that the kids make from day-to-day is heartwarming and inspires me to continue working hard.
Pros
Training opportunities, morale-boosting events, anniversary/birthday celebrations, Employee of the Month honors, "Kudos" rewards for being caught doing a good job
Great ABA center
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 3, 2018
Holland Center is the best ABA center in the state! They provide extensive initial and ongoing training for all positions, employ four BCBAs (Board Certified Behavior Analysts), and partner with Florida Institute of Technology's Hybrid program to provide opportunities to further education in the field of ABA and work towards a master's degree. Holland Center has a close knit, supportive, and dedicated staff and constantly works to maintain a high morale in the workplace. They work collaboratively with Speech, OT, and a biomedical team to provide high quality therapy to the kids they work with. They also require parents to come in at least once a month to ensure that the skills they work on generalize into the home. Great company to work for!
Pros
supportive staff, focus on high morale
Cons
working with kids with Autism is very difficult
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJune 9, 2016
I love coming to work every day because every day is different. We have great kids to work with and it is so rewarding to watch them grow. Hearing a non-verbal child finally say a full word, seeing a very detatched child make eye contact and smile are just a few of the rewards that you cannot get anywhere else. Seeing the parents excitement when the kids master a goal is something you cannot put a pricetag on.

I love having a set schedule, no weekends, no nights and no holidays. Sometimes it can be stressful but we have a great team of therapists who are always willing to jump in and lend a helping hand or just watch your kid so you can take a 5 minute breather.
Pros
Set hours, no nights, weekends or holidays, great kids, awesome co-workers
Cons
Insurance has high deductable
Fun workplace with every day new experiences with kids
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNAugust 20, 2015
Every day was a new learning experience at Holland Center. The brightest part of every day was seeing the kiddos. They always made you feel happy no matter how hard of a day you were having. Working with specific Behavioral Therapists was always enlightening on a daily basis as well. Gained some friendships with staff.
Pros
Happy kidoos, great friendships with staff
Cons
Not enough training, expectations were not clearly stated to make for difficult time working with management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holland Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5