Holland Hospital Employee Reviews

lack of advancement
Title- Unit Clerk/Tech (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 16, 2018
While working here, the company seemed more focused on advancing the hospital with rebuilding and construction, then taking care of the employees they already have. Raises were low in the 3 years I worked there.
Very Unprofessional
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 6, 2018
I was transferred to a department that was down staffing but no one could say anything because it was all top secret. I was then informed I didn't have a job after they transferred me.
Bad place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 6, 2018
Holland Hospital has their noses in the air and their heads in the clouds. They want you to believe they care about the community and they don't. Get a clue HCH or Spectrum will gobble you up.
A very professional environment
Medical Interpreter/Translator (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 24, 2018
There was never a typical day at Holland Hospital,it was always something different . It was what I loved about working there . There was always something new to learn all the time. A very caring and professional staff at every level. The hardest part of the job was dealing with dead situations . The most enjoyable part of the job for me was knowing that every day I was giving my 110% to the patients and medical providers.
Pros
Awesome food at the cafeteria and free coffee
Cons
Long hrs specially during night shift or being on call.
Working every other weekend and holidays was not fun.
Food Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 22, 2018
Benefits were not very good at all for being a hospital. Vacation added up quick though which was nice. The downside was you were only allowed to take off two scheduled weekends a year.
Pros
Vacation accrual was fast
Cons
Work weekends except management.
Great experience
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 16, 2018
The team work was great, loved my co-workers. Management cared about not only what went on at work but also when I had family situations. I hate that I had to leave for unforseen issues
Good place to work it was just hard to go to school with a changing revolving schedule loved the people I worked with and raised were very minimal
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 9, 2018
Awesome place to work to great people everywhere but it's just hard not getting paid as much as a person who takes complete care of all the activities of daily living with patients should. Overall I loved my experience but it's very hard on the back if proper body mechanics aren't used. It's great seeing all the various sides of medicine working together and there's always something new every day to see. I would have liked a set schedule so I could try to go back to school but it changed week to week which made it hard to schedule classes and when I asked about it there's wasn't much anyone could do except trade days with other people consistently which is hard. I would love to keep working here but maybe in a different job title.
Pros
Good staff, free holiday meals, good benefits and great managers
Cons
Pay wasn't as good as it should've been for taking full care of patients and sometimes long hours
Stressful, definately not a fun place to work, stayed at a job I disliked as there were no better positions in community
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIDecember 8, 2017
Every little thing was blamed on someone when there was no reason to blame anyone. Forced therapist to take a pay cut, although the management took raises. Provided homecare employees with phone reimbursement with $5 a month...unbelievable and shocked. Never felt valued as an employee. Worked for the hospital for over 15 years, my mother passed away and no notes, condolences or flowers sent by department or company. The management were poor and cut throat. The best thing that happened: I was recruited by another company. I left the hospital and found out what it was like to work for a company that appreciated their employees and I learned what it meant to work for and with a caring group of individuals.
Pros
Able to be out in the day light periodically throughout the day with home care, Able to assist in design and materials for newly built hand clinic.
Cons
$5.00 a month for cell phone reimbursement for Home Care staff, did not appreciate the talents anc caring ways of their staff.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 30, 2017
Everyone is friendly. It's like one big family. I was sad to leave. They have good benefits. Very well organized and running hospital. The only bad thing I can say is that they pay on the low side.
benefits
Cons
pay
Hardest part of the job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 27, 2017
The hardest part of my job. Was just being able to my job. There were days that I had to hurry and do my job so I could get to back to do others jobs because they were short.

Want to know more about Holland Hospital?

Ask a question
Hours are very scattered
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 7, 2017
Too many start and stop times in too many different locations. Work load is not equal amongst all employees within the same department. Management plays favorites.
Stressful workplace
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIOctober 25, 2017
Workplace culture is dictatorial with little room for advancement. Management has the right to change your job assignment/hours at will. Intra-departmental communication needs improvement.
Cons
12-hour shift with no breaks
Great employees
Lab Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIOctober 17, 2017
Very nice place to work and gain experience. Organized and efficient. Fellow employees and management were some of the best people I’ve ever met in a work place.
Pros
85% terrific
Cons
Inconsistent rotation of shifts made family life difficult to plan.
Totally went downhill
Lead (Former Employee) –  Holland, MISeptember 28, 2017
Management does nothing about bullying. Group leads are the biggest offenders when it comes to bullying. Steer clear... life is better elsewhere. Sad that it has gotten so bad.
Pros
Pto and benefits
Cons
Horrible management
Great Place to work
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Holland, MISeptember 13, 2017
Awesome opportunity to serve the community, doesn't always pay the best. Areas to advance however aren't always readily available. Offers great benefits.
Love staying busy
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Holland, MISeptember 8, 2017
I am a hard working person I love to stay busy and i love to clean i could clean all day if I could. I learn new things everyday! The hardest is when people have bad attitudes.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Holland, MISeptember 1, 2017
Hard but rewarding work. Nurses treated assistance with respect and appreciation. Hours of work for my position were perfect for me. I did try to move to administrative position, but felt they wanted to keep me where I was.
Babysat
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 31, 2017
At this job I feel as if I'm being babysat and disrespected. When I attempted to talk with the manager about the issues, I get blown off. I'm tired of being in a work environment where there's more drama then there was when I was in high school.
Pros
Handful of nice people to work with
Cons
Management doesn't care about your hard work
A nice place to work
Volunteer Department Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 8, 2017
Initially a nice place to work, loved my job but upper management is one to be cautious of in the instance of a dispute with management and employees. Management seems to always win.
I love my job and co-workers.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 22, 2017
I worked 3rd shift for 8 yrs, I was a phlebotomist and specimen processor. I went to 2nd shift, which is a very busy shift with less phlebos.

I really enjoyed my job and the interaction with the patients.

I also enjoy the challenges of the job.