Holland Hospital Employee Reviews

Great pace to work
REGISTERED NURSE PERIOPERATIVE SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 21, 2019
I have not worked there in several years so I don' have any comments at this time. While I worked there it was a great place to work and all my managers were wonderful.
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 18, 2019
Good caring people. Good neighborhood hospital. Pay is fair and nice that you can park on site instead of blocks away like some other places. Good perks.
Patient Access is not a good department to work for!
PATIENT ACCESS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 8, 2019
The Patient Access management team is the worst management I have ever worked under. They do not care about their employees and don't take any input about improving the department from their employees. The 12 hour shifts are tiring, but management does not care, as long as they don't have to come in to cover a shift. You could have one day off during the whole week of working 12 hour shifts, and they will call and text you on your day off to come in, even though you are tired. The calling and texting from management was bordering on harassment. The system for call-ins, is for the operator to call everyone that is available, and if they are not available, they move on to the next person. Management takes this a step further by continuously calling/texting people who have already said that they could not come in. Management in the Patient Access department don't think that their employees deserve recognition for their work, thus not creating a positive work environment. There is no morale in the department. After completing the survey that management sent out to the employees asking about improvements in the department, the program director stated that nothing is going to change with management, even though multiple employees have complained about the management.
Pros
Always shifts to pick up
Cons
no breaks for certain departments (Emergency Department, Switchboard), poor management
Intern
radiology intern (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 3, 2019
was a radiology intern for my final year of school. it was a nice place to learn at. the other techs were very nice and helpful teach me how to be a good tech
Management fails at actually helping employees
Customer Service Scheduler & Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 27, 2019
After working in 3 different departments over 12 years, I feel the company fails at helping employees know how to handle work conflict. If you happen to not feel safe talking to your direct manager about a co-worker, you will find it difficult to find support. Upper Management will often hire managers that are not trained in running departments. They look for managers who offer big promises of changes but do little to motivate staff to follow through
Pros
Amazing Healthcare benefits
Productive place to work.
Medical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 17, 2019
Office management was fast paced at a outpatient rehab setting working with elderly. Enjoy working with patients and therapist, While providing customer service.
Pros
Nice office setting
Cons
Insurance for health care too expensive.
Fast paced work environment
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIDecember 7, 2018
At first when I was hired management was great but then management changed and it all went down hill. The current manager definitely had favorites and only took care of the bullies and problems she wanted to deal with/ believe and if you weren’t on that list you either were gotten rid of or were picked on to the point you left. Patients can feel the bad vibes. But besides that not a bad place to work.
Pros
Some free lunches
Cons
Current Management
Awesome hospital that cares about their employees and patients.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 7, 2018
I have been an employee at Holland Hospital for over 12 years. I love my job and the people I work with. It is a pleasure to be a part of this business and I would highly recommend working here.
Work anywhere else but Patient Financial Services
Patient Financial services (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIOctober 18, 2018
The management at Patient Financial services is all about favoritism. Every department within can see it. It’s not just a couple people. If you are not part of the “favorites” you are no one. It’s quite unfortunate. The turnover has been horrible as of late.

Holland hospital as a whole is a great company. Great care to patients. Other departments seem to be really good to their employees. I just would not recommend my department PFS.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Good Management is lacking
Nice environment
Obstetric Staff (Former Employee) –  Holland, MISeptember 5, 2018
Personal and Professional opportunities for growth. Team work is excellent. Caring and healthy environment. Staff are patient focused. Management is great.
Would recommend
Medical Coder Level III (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 22, 2018
Holland Hospital is a great place to work. They treat their employees fairly and the wages are comparable to other organizations in the area. I would definitely recommend.
Some times the doctors are great to work and can be realy fun. Other times they can make you feel like dirt and nothing is done about it because they
Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 20, 2018
Some times the doctors are great to work and can be really fun. Other times they can make you feel like dirt and nothing is done about it because they are at top of the food chain. If you say something wrong punishment is swift.
Pros
Medical care is cheap
Cons
Not a fun place to work for.
Summary
Phlebotomist & Clinical Specimen Processor (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJuly 13, 2018
I have loved working at Holland Hospital. They were very flexible with my busy schedule while I was taking classes at Baker College. My coworkers and boss were all very supportive of my decision to work part-time and do full-time classes.
Fast paced place employees were great to work with.
Receptionist/Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 27, 2018
Over all my experience with this organization, was that it taught me to never settle in one place. I could never change my position because everytime I wanted too, they would decline it. I will never work for a company that does not want me to succeed.
Provider Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 25, 2018
It's a great place to work and I would like to remain with the organization if possible. There is a sense of community within the staff. It's a great environment and the people are wonderful.
Good Health System
Director of Medical Group-Specialty Care Services (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 14, 2018
The hospital system is a good quality care organization. The physicians are welcoming to new hires. The organization works to support team mates in the best manner possible. The management team is one of the best in the business. They work to achieve greatest for the all team mates and patients. They hold those accountable for their actions and behaviors. I am thankful for the opportunity to work there.
Enjoyed the job
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 8, 2018
I really liked working here. I would have stayed until retirement, however, the unit I was on closed down due to lack of patients and there were no other opportunities in the hospital for me to transfer to.
Good place to learn new skills
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 6, 2018
The staff was compassionate with the patients, but not with their colleagues as much. Would loved to have seen more comradery between colleagues/departments. The patients can feel the tension.
Pros
Great learning experiences took place.
Cons
Management was out of touch with their departments working throughout the hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 22, 2018
Great people to work with. Plenty of hours to pick up if you want extra time. Supportive team environment. Meet many new patients and their families.
Pros
Reps frequently bring lunch.
Cons
Sometimes short lunches.
lack of advancement
Title- Unit Clerk/Tech (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 16, 2018
While working here, the company seemed more focused on advancing the hospital with rebuilding and construction, then taking care of the employees they already have. Raises were low in the 3 years I worked there.