Holland Hospital Employee Reviews

Would recommend
Medical Coder Level III (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 22, 2018
Holland Hospital is a great place to work. They treat their employees fairly and the wages are comparable to other organizations in the area. I would definitely recommend.
Some times the doctors are great to work and can be realy fun. Other times they can make you feel like dirt and nothing is done about it because they
Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 20, 2018
Some times the doctors are great to work and can be really fun. Other times they can make you feel like dirt and nothing is done about it because they are at top of the food chain. If you say something wrong punishment is swift.
Pros
Medical care is cheap
Cons
Not a fun place to work for.
Summary
Phlebotomist & Clinical Specimen Processor (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJuly 13, 2018
I have loved working at Holland Hospital. They were very flexible with my busy schedule while I was taking classes at Baker College. My coworkers and boss were all very supportive of my decision to work part-time and do full-time classes.
Fast paced place employees were great to work with.
Receptionist/Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 27, 2018
Over all my experience with this organization, was that it taught me to never settle in one place. I could never change my position because everytime I wanted too, they would decline it. I will never work for a company that does not want me to succeed.
Provider Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 25, 2018
It's a great place to work and I would like to remain with the organization if possible. There is a sense of community within the staff. It's a great environment and the people are wonderful.
Good Health System
Director of Medical Group-Specialty Care Services (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 14, 2018
The hospital system is a good quality care organization. The physicians are welcoming to new hires. The organization works to support team mates in the best manner possible. The management team is one of the best in the business. They work to achieve greatest for the all team mates and patients. They hold those accountable for their actions and behaviors. I am thankful for the opportunity to work there.
Enjoyed the job
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 8, 2018
I really liked working here. I would have stayed until retirement, however, the unit I was on closed down due to lack of patients and there were no other opportunities in the hospital for me to transfer to.
Good place to learn new skills
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 6, 2018
The staff was compassionate with the patients, but not with their colleagues as much. Would loved to have seen more comradery between colleagues/departments. The patients can feel the tension.
Pros
Great learning experiences took place.
Cons
Management was out of touch with their departments working throughout the hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 22, 2018
Great people to work with. Plenty of hours to pick up if you want extra time. Supportive team environment. Meet many new patients and their families.
Pros
Reps frequently bring lunch.
Cons
Sometimes short lunches.
lack of advancement
Title- Unit Clerk/Tech (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 16, 2018
While working here, the company seemed more focused on advancing the hospital with rebuilding and construction, then taking care of the employees they already have. Raises were low in the 3 years I worked there.
Clean and friendly hospital with a high level of professionalism!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 9, 2018
I was given over 4 months of orientation as a new graduate nurse. For the most part, it was a very supportive environment with plenty of feedback from the nurse manager and nurse educator. Most employees worked together as a team, regardless of title . All supplies were kept in a pyxis, which made them easy to find and reduced waste. Had 4-5 patients under my care on night shift.The main reason I left, was to find a day shift position and have more opportunity for educational scholarships/ career advancement.
Pros
Employer made you feel appreciated
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement, some cliques
Very Unprofessional
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 6, 2018
I was transferred to a department that was down staffing but no one could say anything because it was all top secret. I was then informed I didn't have a job after they transferred me.
Bad place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 6, 2018
Holland Hospital has their noses in the air and their heads in the clouds. They want you to believe they care about the community and they don't. Get a clue HCH or Spectrum will gobble you up.
A very professional environment
Medical Interpreter/Translator (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 24, 2018
There was never a typical day at Holland Hospital,it was always something different . It was what I loved about working there . There was always something new to learn all the time. A very caring and professional staff at every level. The hardest part of the job was dealing with dead situations . The most enjoyable part of the job for me was knowing that every day I was giving my 110% to the patients and medical providers.
Pros
Awesome food at the cafeteria and free coffee
Cons
Long hrs specially during night shift or being on call.
Working every other weekend and holidays was not fun.
Food Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 22, 2018
Benefits were not very good at all for being a hospital. Vacation added up quick though which was nice. The downside was you were only allowed to take off two scheduled weekends a year.
Pros
Vacation accrual was fast
Cons
Work weekends except management.
Great experience
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 16, 2018
The team work was great, loved my co-workers. Management cared about not only what went on at work but also when I had family situations. I hate that I had to leave for unforseen issues
Good place to work it was just hard to go to school with a changing revolving schedule loved the people I worked with and raised were very minimal
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 9, 2018
Awesome place to work to great people everywhere but it's just hard not getting paid as much as a person who takes complete care of all the activities of daily living with patients should. Overall I loved my experience but it's very hard on the back if proper body mechanics aren't used. It's great seeing all the various sides of medicine working together and there's always something new every day to see. I would have liked a set schedule so I could try to go back to school but it changed week to week which made it hard to schedule classes and when I asked about it there's wasn't much anyone could do except trade days with other people consistently which is hard. I would love to keep working here but maybe in a different job title.
Pros
Good staff, free holiday meals, good benefits and great managers
Cons
Pay wasn't as good as it should've been for taking full care of patients and sometimes long hours
Stressful, definately not a fun place to work, stayed at a job I disliked as there were no better positions in community
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIDecember 8, 2017
Every little thing was blamed on someone when there was no reason to blame anyone. Forced therapist to take a pay cut, although the management took raises. Provided homecare employees with phone reimbursement with $5 a month...unbelievable and shocked. Never felt valued as an employee. Worked for the hospital for over 15 years, my mother passed away and no notes, condolences or flowers sent by department or company. The management were poor and cut throat. The best thing that happened: I was recruited by another company. I left the hospital and found out what it was like to work for a company that appreciated their employees and I learned what it meant to work for and with a caring group of individuals.
Pros
Able to be out in the day light periodically throughout the day with home care, Able to assist in design and materials for newly built hand clinic.
Cons
$5.00 a month for cell phone reimbursement for Home Care staff, did not appreciate the talents anc caring ways of their staff.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 30, 2017
Everyone is friendly. It's like one big family. I was sad to leave. They have good benefits. Very well organized and running hospital. The only bad thing I can say is that they pay on the low side.
benefits
Cons
pay
Hardest part of the job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 27, 2017
The hardest part of my job. Was just being able to my job. There were days that I had to hurry and do my job so I could get to back to do others jobs because they were short.