Holland Employee Reviews

Great
Aerodynamics Lead Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 13, 2018
Great places to work. I have enjoyed and learned a lot from the company. There are always opportunities for advancement and the team that I work with is great.
Productive and demanding
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 5, 2018
Faced paced environment. Very demanding position of the operations supervisor, however overcoming challenges were very rewarding. Dress to the weather. Very cold in the winter and hot during the summer.
Pros
Pay
Benefits
needed more training
Am Lead / Dock Foreman (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAOctober 30, 2018
was given the position of Am Lead/Dock Foreman, Had to learn the computer system from scratch or very little training. Did my best until I had an injury to my left foot. Was out of work for about 8 weeks. Upon returning to work, it was a mutual agreement that I leave the position with USF Reddaway.
Pros
Able to show skills on computer and on the Dock area.
Cons
No help fro the other employees.
explained summary is given below
CMA (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 22, 2018
This interesting question refreshed my memories. Most days, I got in early so I could get emails done and be ready for the project team meeting. On a typical day, we had a late change from the client to deal with. I got Roger to do a quick technical feasibility analysis whilst I went to see the Account Manager. She explained how important it was, so I reviewed the plan and found a way to get the change in without harming the critical path. The team weren't too happy to have to squeeze in another change, but when I explained how helpful it would be to the customer they got down to updating the specification and use cases. I bought in pizzas to keep them all happy and to let us steal a bit of space at lunchtime. By the end of the day, everything is back on track.....
Pros
I have learned a lot from that incident
Cons
I had to spend alot of time to explain the things in front of my friends
Good place to wrok
Line Haul Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 22, 2018
I was on the open board. So you never really know where you going or what time your leaving until you get a call from central dispatch. The equipment is sub par and all the driving is at night.
A good job with a solid future.
P&D Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 13, 2018
USF Holland was a sister company to USF Reddaway when I was employed by them. They both operate in a similar way. A person interested in the trucking industry could do well seeking employment from either company.
Pros
Rock solid future
Cons
You will work alot of over time daily
If you have kids and you want to watch them grow up don't come here!!
City Driver (Current Employee) –  OhioOctober 2, 2018
If you have kids and you want to watch them grow up don't come here!! The pay is very low for LTL. The start times are 1:30PM for new drivers for at least 2+ years.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Long hours, Pay is low for LTL standards
Good place to work if you don't like going home
LTL Driver (Current Employee) –  Tomah, WISeptember 22, 2018
The management is completely worthless. They don' t know how to route and play favoritism is you kiss up. They pay is less than the competition and you will be required to work up to 14 hours a day. They don't care about your life or family. The union is a joke and all they do is collect your union dues once a month. The only positive thing I can say about working here is the company paid health insurance.
Pros
Paid health insurance
Cons
Long working hours, no work/life balance
Gotta think twice befor applying
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 22, 2018
It’s not a bad company to work for but they make you feel like you don’t have a life outside of work.. The management sucks bad , when you want a day off you gotta go thru 3or4 different ppl.
Pros
Overtime
Fun
Mechanic Technician (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, ILSeptember 21, 2018
great and friend place to work. Everyone is willing to help and teach. Good pay with two union pensions. for the most part it is work at your own place.
Pros
union
good position for new supervisors
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CASeptember 11, 2018
great place to gain first time managerial positions, not a great place for advancement. no lunches for supervisors. sick time is not well recognized...
Pros
they'll hire anyone
Cons
you'll be stuck in your position
Go workplace competitive
Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2018
Holland is a great company to learn about the railroad in different aspects about the business production wise fellowship in with other associates who are experienced to give proper information to get the job done correctly.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Physically demanding
Fast paced culture, disorganized hiring process. Company holds a lopsided approach to disclipline
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Holland, MISeptember 5, 2018
A strong company, has been around for over 80 years. A few hard working folks left at Holland which still make this company what it is today. The company is very lopsided in its approach to discipline, it will let its drivers get a way with (murder) multiple accidents within a couple of years, disorderly conduct, excessive absenteeism, etc. while firing a supervisor (at a drop of a hat) for taking a co-workers lunch from the refrigerator, slight exaggeration, but you get the point. Lastly, A couple of the Department Heads (located at the main office in Holland Michigan) are completely disenfranchised from what is (actually) going on at the terminal level.
Pros
Company is not going anywhere
Cons
Weak HR Department
Needs Improvement.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 4, 2018
The demands on the drivers are overwhelming due to the shortages of equipment (trailers), extremely poor managing and the lack of Interest from new driver applicants, the turnover is extremely high. Once new drivers find out the reality of the job they quickly leave. Approximately one in twenty stay.The company does not support a retirement program any longer, there isn't any matching 401K through the company itself and it has the lowest pay in the LTL industry.
Pros
Free industry standard 80/20 medical, free very good dental coverage, free decent vision coverage, Local Carthage drivers are only required to work Monday through Friday go home every night, off on weekends, Overtime after 8 hours and if you work an optional 6th day overtime for the entire day
Cons
Lowest pay in the in LTL industry, Retirement pension is not supported by the company and will dissolve in 2025, The 401K that is available is not supported by the company no match, Driver turnover is very high, The demands on the drivers are constantly increased, Employee morale is extremely low, 12 to 14+ hours every day, Equipment shortages are a daily burden
Turn over bad
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHAugust 30, 2018
A lot of turn over in management and they can not keep employees no 401 k plan. They change work hours every six weeks. I currently work dock and run cities from 11:30 am to 2:30 am
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Working on dock routes are not long enough for 12 hours per day
Fun
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALAugust 28, 2018
The best place to work for fun creative anything you want to do you could do it within reason good pay good benefits good and everything love that company I wish I could transfer to where I need to go but I can't they told me I had to quit to transfer our company is what you put into it so the best you can do is the best you receive love it
Pros
Everything you want to plus more
Cons
There's no kinds
good culture
Romulus, Mi, Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIAugust 24, 2018
worked here short period of time, it was a good learning experience for me in the transportation business. Would recommend working here to anyone. fellow employees were exceptional
Fun place to work
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INAugust 22, 2018
Load my truck and deliver and pick up
The hardest part of the job is not enough driver enjoying part of the job is my co worker the management is alright
Pros
Free health care
Cons
15% give back
Good company to work gor
Wisconsin (Former Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 21, 2018
Good company, long hours good pay and benefits. If you like to work USF HOLLAND has a lot to do, the other employees are very helpful and courteous and will help with anything.
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 16, 2018
Great place to work, great people and good pay. The management is willing to work with you on any issues you may be having. The hardest part of the job is getting up in the morning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holland. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.2InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

1.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight