HOLLANDER Employee Reviews

Anonymous
Interchange Writer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 2, 2018
They put in a new computer system that just does not work, it crashes all the time, loses data, & makes you do the same thing multiple times. The atmosphere is not good due to no raises for over 5 years, using the excuse that they are paying for the benefits, but you still pay for your portion, they do not pay for the health or dental in full.
Pros
No set hours, can make your own usually as long as you work 40
Cons
Stress, no raises
Fun, fast paced,
Trainer, Bartender (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 6, 2017
Hollander was a wonderful fast paced environment for seasoned servers! Great place to expand or start your beer knowledge. Over 150 bottles of bier! Easy to advance if you work hard!
Pros
Co workers, management, pay, bier training
Cons
Good people work there currently
Senior Developer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 19, 2017
It was a great place to work until recently when we were sold to Goldman Sachs & the Koch company. Salaries have been frozen for most people for three years. The previous owner was very greedy, but he made his millions now. The company is stuck in the past in development for most projects making money for them(vb6, classic asp, etc.), except for a few chosen ones that get to work on new technology. Positions vacated are not filled, making for more work for fewer employees.
Pros
Free beverages, snacks.
Cons
Long hours, weekends, no compensation for overtime. No raises.
fun place to work
shipping (Former Employee) –  Thomson, GAMay 24, 2016
the best thing abt the job was only working five days a week. but the pay was not that great but all the co-workers was awesome..
Not Reccomended
Surger/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Munfordville, KYSeptember 5, 2015
First of all, there is no way to balance work and life with that place. When we were on overtime it was 53 hours a week, but the hours were so unpredictable it was insane. Sometimes you'd work overtime all week then get let go Friday in 4 hours (thus losing your overtime) or leave early all week and STILL have to work Saturday (not overtime pay). If you worked 53 hours a week, it was Monday-Friday 9 hour days and 8 Hours on Saturday, leaving you Sunday to get a little rest or go grocery shopping. I was on 2nd shift. Benefits were alright until I was recently notified they are leasing your vacation days now, and you don't get any vacation until you've worked a full year. Insurance was good and 401K wasn't bad either. I was laid off on 8/10/2015 out of the blue so I can't say that there is a promise for job security there. Also NO room to advance at all. Management was poor. No communication and they often seemed like they didn't know how to run things. The job itself wasn't bad, but there were many folks there who insisted on making drama for no reason.
Cons
Friendly people. New and modern office space
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 15, 2015
Friendly employees and growing camaraderie. New beautiful office space. Long hours, no defined organizational charts make it difficult to understand bandwiths.
Great people to work with
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 2, 2014
The people at Hollander are great to work with. The biggest problem are ever-changing priorities handed down from the corporate office.
worst place i have ever worked
Motel Manager (Former Employee) –  New Holland, PAOctober 5, 2013
I would get up every morning at 5am handle check outs and start cleaning rooms after i made free coffee for the guests. I would clean rooms for 7 hours or more and then do all the motel laundry as well as any yard cleaning. I wasn't allowed to leave and i was on call 24/7.
The new owners were from the middle east and didn't respect that i was a woman with that title ... I did live on site rent and utility free with a payment of 150 a week. but all in all it wasn't worth it in the end. the only thing i enjoyed was seeing the repeat customers and the locals who would stop in to say hi.
Pros
the people
Cons
the owners
Pleasant working conditions
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 24, 2012
Job security was a major factor. Work was not steady- only working 3 hours perweek at time.
Cons
lack work
Part-time job.
Outbound Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 14, 2012
This was a 5-9 PM job, plus part-time Saturday.

I learned to "cut to the chase." On our last survey, I set a record for most surveys one day and broke that record the very next day.

Our co-workers were very good. I still see them now and then.

The hardest part was that it was a part-time sometimes job.

The most fun was the office parties --- paid on company time.
Pros
management was good to work with.
Cons
three hour commute round-trip for a four-hour pay.