Hollister Co Employee Reviews

Found 3,428 reviews matching the search See all 3,875 reviews
It was helpful while in High School
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJNovember 13, 2018
Being in high school and having the opportunity to work and earn extra money was beneficial during my high school experience. It helped me to prepare for future employment.
Pros
Discounts on clothing
Cons
Disorganization
It's a Chilled enivornment
Sales Associate/Cashier/Stock (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 13, 2018
Working at Hollister is a good job to have to get experience in retail. At first i started in stock and then got promoted to Brand Rep and started working the register, folding down the store.You could say I do everything.
Pros
Its a chilled environment, the lunch breaks help, great staff
Cons
The pay is just to low because $7.25 doesn't cut it
Satisfied
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 12, 2018
Good for school, flexibility. Great people from different cultures and your able to travel. You also can become a model for that store or other stores
Fun first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJNovember 12, 2018
only pay minimum wage unless you're in a leadership role.
great way to gain experience in the job market.
not great for people older than 18.. unless you're in a leadership role lol.
it was a good job sometimes.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2018
It was a good starting job, they treat you well, schedule you often although they sometimes can be very racist with their employees. But it pays off they give you hours.
Temp Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYNovember 11, 2018
Repetitive music, strong scent, and really dark inside. Kinda boring to work there and I didn't get many hours because of how many people worked there.
Pros
Discount
Cons
lighting, music, smell, hours
Very Poor Management but Discounts
Backstock (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland,MSNovember 11, 2018
There is little to no training. It has very unorganized management. You may only work one day a week, if that. And the pay is not worth the stress that comes from the poor/unprofessional management. However, the discounts are good.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor Management-Little Pay- Not Many Hours
Worst place I have ever worked
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PANovember 10, 2018
Hollister is the very WORST place I have ever worked. The employees were EXTREMELY rude to not only me, but also the customers. There were no shifts; If I was lucky, there would schedule me MAYBE once a week. On top of not getting schedules, the work environment was hostile, and I was forced to do everyone else's job.
Pros
Cons
everything
Fun and pleasant retail
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 7, 2018
Very nice manager at the time. Very pleasant place to work except for the constant music particularly if you’re sensitive to loud sounds duh. Products are nice and most people were friendly
Pros
See above
Cons
Loud music
fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJNovember 6, 2018
Long hours on your feet, friendly staff, good management, properly train you, sometimes boring when there's nothing to do, good music, not too many hours.
Pros
good management
Cons
boring
Don't Work Here
Brand Representative/Part-Time Key Holder (Former Employee) –  CTNovember 5, 2018
You will never get a raise unless you're a manager. You will only be paid the minimum wage amount in whatever state you live in. The management sucks and are unprofessional. You'll see girls wearing crop tops that are store managers.

These people just don't know what professionalism is.

Other than those things, it is a relaxed, fun environment to work in, unless the managers/co-worker's don't like you, then you'll have an awful time at work
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Management sucks, Unprofessional, Favoritism
I wouldn’t make a career out of it.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 3, 2018
It wasn’t a bad envirmont but very entry level and I saw a lot of people being undermined and treated unfairly when it came to promotion opportunities.
Productive, safe and entertaining workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 2, 2018
A typical workday during the week is quite slow. During my time at Hollister so far I have learned how to be wary of theft without accusing or assuming anything. Management was stern, but could be rude at times. The hardest part of the job would be the unnecessary tasks over priorities. The most enjoyable part of the job would be my coworkers.
Pros
Staff bond
Cons
Benefits/Pay
Fun but sometimes stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 1, 2018
While working at Hollister at Garden State Plaza was a great experience, great discount, and great flexibility with my schedule. At times the job will get overwhelming and the pay was just not enough. I was working for a good amount of time and was not once rise. Was payed too low for the amount of work given and the high expectations
Pros
Discount
Cons
short breaks, and very low pay for a successful company
Fun place to work
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 1, 2018
Hollister Co is a great place to work, when you are in high school. The are flexible with their hours, and understand when you have school events going on.
It was a very easy job, just a lot of cleaning.
Model and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXOctober 31, 2018
I would come into work, and it was mainly a lot of standing and greeting. Asking people if they needed any help or had any questions. I was very thankful for this job.
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 30, 2018
When I was Brand Representative there, it was very productive and would not regret anything from there. I learned so much from there like my communication with customers.
Pros
Communication
Cons
Healthcare
Non-stop on your feet work
Brand Representative/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXOctober 29, 2018
Hollister was a good starter job, It taught me how to analyze what I say before I talk to customers in hopes that I wont offend them or make them angry.
Hollister, for someone in high school
Sales associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJOctober 27, 2018
My time at Hollister Co. was a dream when compared to other jobs a person in high school might be willing to work. I got to wear all the latest fashionable clothing they offered and work next to the most attractive of staff members and it was a truly motivational work environment. There wasn't any pressure of any kind, which at that age was the best way to implement myself into the retail work field.
Pros
Relaxed, fashion-forward
Cons
Minimum wage
Flexible with schedules and many learning opportunities!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 26, 2018
Throughout the time I have worked at Hollister, management has always been patient and understanding toward my schedule. There were many opportunities to pick up shifts as well. In addition, I learned a lot and gained many skills that I believe will help me in the future. For example, I was trained in customer service, selling and promoting retail, organizing stock, updating the store, and running the cash register. Overall, I have had a positive experience at Hollister Co. and I am thankful for the opportunities I was given.
Pros
Flexible with employee's schedules, many learning opportunities
Cons
Low salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hollister Co. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K
31.1K

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight