Hollister Co Employee Reviews

I didnt work there long
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 18, 2018
I didnt work there long, I left after about two months. I enjoyed my time there, but it was a temporary job from the beginning & hadnt intended to be there longer than those 2 months.
Productive and Quick pace
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2018
I learned how to manage the computer (register) at Hollister. Basically, how to return, exchange, and complete peoples purchases. I like how we need to learn how to communicate with people I ways we have never challenged ourselves before
Pros
Improve Customer Service skills
Cons
Short breaks
Face-paced work environment that teaches business/sales administration, recruiting and staffing, yet limits career opportunities
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Oxford Valley, PAApril 18, 2018
At Hollister Co., I have learned how to manage daily store processes, track and improve business metrics through goal/playbook creation. I also have learned how to vet a good staff and reduce turnover year-to-year. Strong marketing and promotion skills along with expert customer service ability have given me skills to use to further my career. Mobility within the company is slow and seems based more on tenure than merit, and accountability of work done store-level, while done as a team, leaves much to be desired for recognition and compensation.
Pros
Work environment, flexibility and engagement
Cons
Lacking mobility, compensation, and career consulting/opportunity creation
busy place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIApril 18, 2018
The management can be kind of under managed, they definately hire more by the personality and look of the brand then so much the skills. they will have only one person on the clock in the front sometimes.
Fun place
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLApril 18, 2018
Everyone is young and it is a blast to work here but there are some not good things. The cllothes you can wear is flexible and its a great job but keep in mind that theres ither options.
good first job
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYApril 17, 2018
good for experiencing the work forces. learned how to used the machines to account for the clothes and to work as a team. hardest part was keeping up with certain time restraints. enjoyed interaction with customers and coworkers
Good job
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 17, 2018
Good job. Would recommend to first time workers. Flexible hours. Have to be able to interact with customers. Also have to be able to be open to new tasks.
great place to start
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 16, 2018
its a good place to work as a younf adult, really hard to be accepted due to group interviews, overall great brand with good discounts if you work there.
Horrible
Overnight Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2018
hollister as a company is horrible if you don't look the part but we know this already smh. i worked graveyard shift so no one ever saw us and yet we did all the work while the day timers just stood there looking "nice".
Store was poorly managed
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJApril 16, 2018
Many issues with management amongst each other. Unprofessional managerial interactions with employees and customers. Very slow store, a lot of down time. No benefits other than some discounts

Want to know more about Hollister Co?

Ask a question
Stock room assistant manager
Stock Room Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLApril 15, 2018
As an assistant manager at Hollister I had to make sure the stock room was running without any issues. Make sure all merchandise was price correctly and folded correctly in order to go out on to the sales floor. Make sure sales floor was fulling stocked with every style merchandise that was in stock. Stock is dealing with all the merchandise that goes out on the floor and anything that we sell.
Fun place to work
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 14, 2018
If you get in as a full time associate it is worth it because you get good benefits and hours. I wish i got paid more but that comes with getting into management.
It was a fun experience
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MarylandApril 12, 2018
Working there was not stressful and the music is nice. Folding clothes gets boring after a while but your not alone folding, so its not that bad. opening and closing duties were easy
Fun coworkers, make your own schedule but low pay
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 12, 2018
If you are a typical high school student looking for a fun job that gets you your gas money and money to go out with friends then this is the job for you. If you are looking to advance in the business then it is very possible you just have to put in the work. Managers are usually easy to work with, but it is possible to end up with ones that are not as easy.
Pros
Discounts, fun coworkers
Cons
No real benefits, low pay
Stressful
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 12, 2018
People are very racist, stressful and literally didn't learn anything go how the manager supposed to teach us. its not enjoyable of how they treat her employees
Pros
discount clothes
Cons
no breaks
Holister Co. is a great entry level job my experience has gone well with the company.
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLApril 12, 2018
Holister Co. is a great company, it has it’s pros and cons and some flaws, but overall it is a great company with flexible hours and a great staff team. They clearly focus on customer service and make sure everyone is happy. The company also provide discount benefits. Overall my view is positive, there has been some hiccups here and there but it has been a great first entry level job.
Pros
Fantastic staff, great people, flexible hours
Cons
Stocks do both brand rep and stock tasks, stocks don’t get much credit.
Decent job but not worth it
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Algonquin, ILApril 12, 2018
As a brand representative, most of my shifts are 4-5 hours long with no breaks. I used to get 20 hours a week, but now, I'm lucky to get a shift once a week. I've gone weeks without working even though I have been available. Management is absolutely terrible. Managers are full of drama, unable to train properly, and do not know how to do their own job. Managers have turned getting hours into a competition. I think the pay is too low for all the work I do. No benefits other than an employee discount. Unfair treatment. Barely any hours. Not worth it overall.
Pros
Back-up money, employee discount
Cons
No breaks, low salary, no benefits, poor management. Basically everything
do not recommend
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 11, 2018
not a great company to work for. they pay part timers minimum wage, under pay management teams . require bachelors degree but pay you as if you got a GED or something
Productive and busy work place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 10, 2018
Typical day day involved folding clothes in a fashionable, neat and organized, manner cleaning the area I was working at, some days I worked at the cashier, and typically would do inventory every time I closed.
a fun workplace for younger people
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 10, 2018
Hollister was one of my first real jobs a few years ago when I was in high school. If you like fashion, and helping customers with finding clothing, hollister will work for you!
Pros
employee discount
Cons
inconsistent schedules, not paid enough

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hollister Co. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

1.9Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight