Hollister Co Employee Reviews

41.1K
31.1K
Found 3,310 reviews matching the search See all 3,743 reviews
Retail job
Brand Representative/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 22, 2018
Not the best place to have a career but definitely a good place to get some experience in customer service and being in a fast paced environment. The corporate structure is too rigid. You can clearly tell its publicly traded and owned by all the hoops you have to jump through to get a dollar raise
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
terrible pay and hours
Little hours
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CASeptember 22, 2018
A typical day at work consists of bouncing around between rooms keeping each area you are assigned to as neat and organized as possible. While doing so, you are expected to be ready to help any customer who has a question. I personally learned how to approach customers and have a concise conversation with them about that which you are approaching them for. The hardest part of the job is when the business is slow, and the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with satisfied customers.
Pros
Flexible Working Hours
Cons
Few Working Hours
Excellent place of employment
Brand representative, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 22, 2018
I really enjoined the 3 years that i was employed at Hollister, i learned many skills that I'll be able to take with me to future jobs and met many great friends
Work is work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 21, 2018
Customers are always right. And if you believe this saying this would be a perfect job for you. The hours are long and nothing is ever good enough. You get a nice discount on the clothing that will go on clearance quickly.
They did not give me hours I worked once every 2 weeks !
HOLLI (Current Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 20, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend anyone trying to take care of their children to work there I was so disappointed when I realized they didn’t give hours how am I supposed to take care of my baby with 37 dollars every 2 weeks
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Gives no hours
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 20, 2018
fun place to work
pretty slow paced throughout the year- fast paced during holidays
management was great
coworkers were great
hardest part of the job was learning new areas
The ideal clothing store job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NYSeptember 19, 2018
I use to clock into work and start folding clothes right away. Use to handle the cash register and assisted customers to certain things. Also helped make sales on different clothes and items.
My work experience at Hollister
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VASeptember 18, 2018
My overall experience at Hollister was okay for my first job. The leadership treated me well, and the overall experience was pleasant. I have no ill experiences from working there.
productive chill place to work at
Stock Representative (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 18, 2018
My experience at Hollister was pretty good. Everything that I had to do was pretty simple as far as being a stock rep and cashier. After a few rushes with customers flooding in you can pretty much handle all your assignments within a reasonable time frame. The managers I had were professional and made working overtime less agonizing.
Pros
discounts
Cons
no paid breaks
Great atmosphere with little benefits
Stock Associate and Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 18, 2018
For the most part, Hollister is a pretty chill job considering the pay is only minimum wage for a brand rep. Depending on your location, the store manager may or may not be professional and there is a high turnover rate for assistant managers. But other than that, the job is a fast-paced and is actually quite easy.
Pros
Discounted clothes, flexible hours, easy work
Cons
no manager stability
Fun workplace
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 17, 2018
The job is fun it is just they don’t give you slot of hours nor they don’t pay good the workers treat good the manager is really nice when she is in the mood but you just don’t get a lot of hours
Easy job, but no pay
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Hollister is a nice place to work, but you only make minimum wage and you never get a raise, no matter how long you've worked for the company. You have to have a college degree to be a manager and they don't get paid much either.
Pros
easy work
Cons
never get a raise
Hollister Co.
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 16, 2018
The typical day at hollister would just be me helping the customers in the store with whatever is needed asking leading questions. Keeping the customer happy and content at all times.
Pros
Associates are amazingly friendly
Cons
Some customers have crazy attitudes.
Workplace
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 15, 2018
The staff were great, everyone assisted anyone in need. Lots of work needs to be done but not enough pay. Learned a lot about consumer service and time management.
Very fast paced
Overnight Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 15, 2018
The co-workers were great , it was a fast paced environment , which I liked . Breaks were always puntual , same time everyday . Some nights were longer than others , one day you can get off at 2 am where as the next you can get off at 5am. it was good to be able to have graveyard shift offered so that I was able to spend time with my child during the day .
Pros
Hours
Cons
Store was kind of hot
A fun place to work with awesome co-workers and managers
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 14, 2018
My overall experience has been fun and productive with experience in cash handling and dealing with difficult customers. Managers are awesome here and don't micro manage!

Only down side is the company only gives out limited hours for brand representatives.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, flexible schedule
Cons
No hours!
Easy and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 13, 2018
Great people and management. Easy and laid back job. Small space and the smell of chick-fil-a all day. Hardest part of my job was changing store around which was still fairly simple. Most enjoyable part was that the work was easy and the employees were fun to work with.
Pros
Enjoyable Environment
Cons
Slow and Smelling Food All Day
fun place to work
Brand Representative/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CASeptember 13, 2018
working at hollister has helped me learn great customer service skills, ive also become good at being an organized individual, ive also become good at learning how to use the cash register
Underpayed for the work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 12, 2018
While at hollister i dealt with a lot of unhappy customers who would throw fits about things that were out of our control. Along with this, we worked odd hours and were called in frequently. Minimum wage for this job I feel is a little cheap of the company considering the employees are the face of the company!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay, customers can be very rude, pay raises/commission is not a thing
Nothing.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  5th ave ManhattanSeptember 11, 2018
Sacrificing your life to appease those who never appreciate you. There is no work life balance. And professionalism for higher ups as in home office provide no help, or assistance for growth nor is there opportunity for positive feed back to grow as a person or a manager. There is no reason to sacrifice your personal life about those who do not understand the metrics or an everyday basis in a store. Those are the type of people who have no field experience but expect you to make results based on theory but not on every day experience of what is controlled in your 4 walls. They wonder why the company is dying. They have no idea while they are drooling on themselves while they get sued for racial profiling, discrimination within the work place. And fall flat when it comes down to grown toddlers that got their college degree out of a printer. It’s ashame really. Those who put in the work and effort, are the ones with enough credibility and merit are the ones who are punished because they didn’t conform and treat their Corperate overlords as gods. Pathetic.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hollister Co. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss