Hollister Co

Hollister Co Employee Reviews

United States4,859 reviews

Found 4,859 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,613 reviews
clothefoldingfoldclothingdiscountstoreretailstock

Co works and job it self was great. Mangers took a toll on my mental health

I have worked at Hollister for over 3 years and have never had an issue until the new mangers arrived. I loved my co workers and customers and am sad to leave the job, but with mangers that often are rude and create a “mean girl” environment it was hard to continue.

Not a fun experience

No one helped with training you one-on-one closely but expected you to understand what to do. Too many different personalities and it was hard to get close to people

Hollister Co insights

Based on 1,740 survey responses
What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Not bad, but no hours

Not a bad place to work, but I would barely get a single shift every two weeks after the holidays. After the holidays it was mostly folding clothes if you weren't assigned to the register at the front. If you've never worked retail, pulling up online orders for people is a little hard. Like it was for me.

Boring place easy money

I spent the whole day folding pants for minimum wage, it was a fairly simply job that anyone can do it but the pay wasnt even worth the time to get to work.

Pros

Discount on clothes

Cons

Poor pay, bad schedules

Average

The discount did not make up for minimum wage pay. It didn't make sense that I was making only $7.50. The managers usually played favoritism. There were flexibility in scheduling.

fun at the start

typical first job type of vibes, friendly people but need to pay more. worked with lots of teenagers so hard to relate sometimes and work with their school schedule

Productive but good luck getting hours

Great first time opportunity for anyone coming out of highschool but beyond that, i wouldnt recommend if.you need steady hours and income. You will only get around 14 hours if youre lucky.

few hours and low pay

I worked at Hollister seasonally and during that time I was barely given hours to work so the pay was low and managers were not very communicative don't recommend honestly

Pros

good discount on merchandise

Cons

no breaks, poor management, rude Customers

Fun Workplace, low Pay

It's not a bad place to work after college, just wish the pay was hirer. Could also have a more strategic schedule, but it's retail so weekend work. important.

Good first job, bad management

This was a good place for me to start working as I went on to study fashion in school. The job itself wasn't bad, managers couldn't schedule us unless it was in our availability, my coworkers were mostly great. My managers were the worst part of the job, they would get mad when family emergencies came up and I overheard them talking about myself and other coworkers behind our backs multiple times.

Pros

Good discount on merchandise, good first job

Cons

Poor management, low pay

productive and fun

an amazing place. it’s and amazing atmosphere, and everyone gets along great. managers are very understanding and outgoing. co workers are friendly and fun to be around with.

Fun workplace

My managers are great and I haven’t had many disagreements with how they lead the team. The work environment is fun and supportive and I genuinely enjoy working here.

Pros

Short shifts

Cons

Not too many shifts a week, despite an open schedule

Co workers and managers

My location had about 7 managers, and only one of them made me feel good about myself. The others were passive aggressive and never communicated with me, I was given the main managers phone number but he would never respond. It was a seasonal position however I don’t think I got treated with the respect I deserved. All the employees talked bad about one another. Not a very inclusive environment.

Pros

Paid breaks

Cons

Too many workers, not enough shifts.

Fun with the right Keholders and Management.

It is fun because it’s a more carefree and inclusive, the pay for non-management positions is very sad as it is minimum wage. Really unfortunate because of the amount of work that goes into upholding the standard of the business because they really deserve more. In order to have a great running store at least 30 associates minimum with 3 keyholders, an Assistant Manager and a Store manager. So the rest of employees that really do all the hard work deserve better pay. Benefits and pay is great for management as long as it’s a good team because it really is an incredibly easy retail store to work at. Longview Hollister had the some of the worst of Store Management. Keyholders were always in and out as fast as they got hired. It is very easy to move from a brand representative to a management role because keyholders don’t last too long. But this is the Longview Tx store. I’ve seen other stores have keyholders and managers last years!!! So if there is good management sometimes the pay and customers and overall environment can be great!! Definitely a good first job.

Pros

Benefits, Environment, flexibility

Cons

Pay, management

Brand rep

Working here definitely takes a lot of patience between the customers and the managers. They are very limited on giving out hours unless you are someone that they favor.

Amazing Job

I love this job from the people to the brand. It’s a pretty nice and easy job if your looking for a 1st job. The only downside is the pay and the sudden rushes of people but you get used to it.

Great place

Chill people & work. Don’t really have to do a whole lot, especially for a first time retail job. Was great experience while working there. I do recommend.

Okay

it was okay. not many hours, good people, 5 discounts per month, and minimum wage pay. managers were good. people will make it lots of fun to work there.

Productive and great environment!

I enjoyed my time working at Hollister Co. What I enjoyed most was that management was great, they were always ready to help. I had a great experience working with my coworkers as well!

Absolutely not

If you are someone who wants a mostly consistent schedule, life balance, feeling fulfilled or even satisfied with your days, do not work here. This job sucked the life out of me like no other job did. Full of immature children who are getting paid minimum wage, the amount put on you for your compensation is preposterous. The manager at first allowed me to bend some rules but then, when they were caught I was put to blame, secretly written up, set up to fail, and completely mislead. The reason I am sure, is because I’ve worked for years and never have been written up or set up to be fired. Mangers who secretly write you up are very immature and do not know how to work with their employees. I was miserable because of the treatment I started receiving. This was the worst experience I have ever had at any job.

Pros

50% discount

Cons

Everything else

Nope

It’s just really not a good place to work. It’s not a fun environment. They will judge you based on how you look do yourself a favor and leave please.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hollister Co. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
4.2Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight