Hollister Co Employee Reviews

Found 3,545 reviews matching the search See all 4,009 reviews
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJanuary 21, 2019
Working at Hollister Co was a good experience for me. It was my first job. I learned how to fold clothes the right way. I got to introduce myself and help about people when they needed assistance.
good job for students
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 19, 2019
working at hollister is good for students who dont who dont need a lot of money. hours are only good during the holidays/ back to school season. not many hours throughout the week and most of the time you only get 1/2 shifts a week. hardest part as a stock associate is probably being timed on shipment, and sometimes theres really not anything to do so you end up on the floor dealing with costumers
Pros
good discounts, relaxed environment, managers are nice
Cons
not many hours, low pay rate
trash
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739January 18, 2019
I do not suggest working here, the managers are unprofessional, use favoritism, never train employees, and complain constantly. They do not give any hours while working their they didn’t schedule me for a whole month. They are trash and clothes are ugly
Pros
Cons
no hours, unprofessional, waste of time
Great Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Great environment, however the management had issues while I worked there so I feel I was a product of that. Thankfully none of those diminishing traits stuck on me.
Pros
Break
Cons
Not much diversity
Stressful
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 17, 2019
It’s an easy job but the position I chose was stressful. I’ve been working there for about 2 years now and even 4 hour shifts dread. I was seasonal full time stock supervisor so I worked 32 hours a week and it was dreading.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Rude customers, co workers talk behind each other’s back
coworkers are great
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Marysville, WAJanuary 16, 2019
I have been working for Holister for about 5 months now. When I first started working there the staff were all very welcoming, and very open. After the forth month I noticed that they were cutting my hours at, one point I didn't work for 2 weeks. They started to schedule the seasonal people more than the regular workers. I'm looking for a new job now, the managers are super nice its just the way that they schedule people is a little but like they are playing favorites.
The best Plae I have ever worked at.
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Hyannis, MAJanuary 16, 2019
I worked her for almost 2 years. Any other job I've ever had was nothing like Hollister. Hollister is like a home. Being able to get along with the people I work with means so much to me.
Productive and very diverse place to work also very friendly environment
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAJanuary 16, 2019
The hours a very flexible at Hollister
The management are great and also the brand reps we give out good customer service and help customers and greet them as well
Hollister Co. California
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 15, 2019
The best part of working here, personally, was overnight. I had the opportunity to work and build friendships with other co-workers. I learned the importance of stock and a little bit of expedition.
Pros
Collaborative working with friends
Cons
Few opportunities to advance for someone like me.
fun environment to work at
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 15, 2019
I have been working at Hollister Co for almost 2 years and I love it! The hours are super flexible, management is always organized and on top of everything that needs to be done. There are always plans and tasks to keep you busy.
Cons
low pay
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAJanuary 15, 2019
The management is fun and interesting. You are able to get along with everyone. The only downfall would be the customers and how you aren't able to grow throughout the company.
Fun, relaxed working place.
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 15, 2019
Hollister is a fun, and exciting place to work and the people are so fun to work with. Everyone there is still around 15-30 years of age so if you're a teenager looking for a job I would recommend it for you.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
low p
Good Job for HS Students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 15, 2019
This job is perfect for high school students who need to get their foot in the door with little to no experience. The hardest part was when it was slow.
Easy-going and non-disiplined
Stock associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 14, 2019
The management, while great in the fields of customer service, acted poorly on actually managing worker, especially Assistant managers or keyholders themselves. It always seemed the store was in chaos due to lack of preparation and communication. There was also very little chance for position advancement, and absolutely no wage increases.
Pros
Easy and simple work
Cons
No wage increases, little room for advancement
slow
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 13, 2019
at hollister everyone is friends so it helped past and regular slow day at work where you would usually just be sitting there or helping the customer find clothes or order them online
Pros
friendly
Cons
slow
Fun Workplace that develops skills for those with little to no work experience
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJanuary 12, 2019
I learned how to work with others to reach a common goal. I learned how to speak with customers to make sure their needs were met. Most enjoyable part of the job was working at the cash register, which included wrapping up transactions, placing orders for customers, and enrolling them into the company's rewards program.
Fun environment, Battle for hours
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FLJanuary 11, 2019
Biggest issue is that all Hollisters do not give any hours to any part time employees and expect for you to be flexible on their watch. However it was a comfortable environment to work at and I enjoyed every minute that I was there that had to do with the job but it was hard to make ends meet with the type of income that I was getting.
Bad
Brand Rep (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJanuary 10, 2019
I worked here for a few months. Originally I was a seasonal worker but they kept me as part time. The management and employees constantly change because they don’t care about anyone. They constantly fire and rehire people and it was annoying. You can’t be sick because if you are absent due to illness you have to bring in a doctors note. However, you aren’t paid enough to go to a doctor. Eventually, I was wrongfully fired via voicemail. After confirming a cover, and the cover showed up for the shift, a voicemail was left on my phone stating that I was fired. I called back and they realised it was an error on their part and said they’ll rule it as “miscommunication” but I was still fired. Another time, I worked nearly 12 hours and didn’t get a single break.

All in all, don’t work here unless you are desperate.
Pros
Clothes
Cons
Poor management
Great First Job!
BRAND REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLJanuary 10, 2019
Working here is great for high school students or students between jobs. It's a fun environment, trendy clothing, popular music on the stores playlist, amazing discounts for employees and great team efforts.
Great place to meet new people.
Brand rep (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 9, 2019
Managers at the time were loosely goosey but at the same time I learned to take responsibility because I was the only one working. Great starter job for me.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Terrible scheduling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hollister Co. Our community is ready to answer.

41.2K
31.2K

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight