Hollister Co
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Hollister Co:

Hollister Co Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA66 reviews
Working at Hollister was okay, it was only a part time temporary job . They had flexible hours and you could pickup overtime. Overall the management was friendly
The work is good even though I don’t get enough hours. The management is nice and helpful. The environment is always cheerful and laid back. I enjoy my time working here.
The people at the store are cool. Easy to live with. Going to work everyday is a fun thing at the store. A nice place to be young and have some happy moments to life
They hired more people and cut hours to those who had been there, but they were very nice and supportive. The team was always having fun and management was very understanding
the most enjoyable part of my job is talking with my fellow coworkers because they are very down to earth and whilst doing that time flies by and work becomes much more enjoyable than just working in silence.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Hollister is honestly a great place to work, it’s very chill, and a good environment with really nice people... that being said, if you are someone that is not interested in standing for up to 8 hours, folding walls and walls of messy jeans that continue to get messed up, and staying until 11:30pm for closing... this job may not be your cup of tea.
Hollister prioritizes in giving teens jobs. Managers are great and understanding people. No one is left out. Workers try their best to excel and you will never feel out of place.
My store manager did the minimum amount of effort to train me in a job I have never done. The DM has been told but nothing has changed. The worst job I have ever had. They do not really care about your well being or your progress in the company. They care about money and sales.
wasn't flexible with hours, other co workers would often just go to the back to hang out and fool around and put the work on the other workers. typical day was busy and if not you had to spend your time refolding clothes because there was nothing else
Pros
discounts
Cons
pay, hours given, flexibility
My personal experience at Hollister wasn't the best. The management was poor, the pay wasn't great, I wasn't treated as a team member at times, and also there just aren't many benefits with this job.
Cons
poor management, low pay
Interview was held as a group. While hiring instead of looking over applicant's resumes and selecting the most beneficial for the store the manager hired everyone. The manager hired a total of 60 people making shifts very hard to come by. I only worked a total of 8 hours every pay period at most. Sometimes we wouldn't get put on the schedule for weeks at a time.
Training at Hollister was great, everyone was extremely helpful . When opening the store the managers would gather all the employees to have a meeting that went over all the sales targets for the day, week, and month. We later proceed to cleaning the store. though out the day we would arrange the clothing shelfs. The workplace was impeccable we were all a family. We all learned from each other and had their backs for anything. the hardest part was trying to keep the store organized throughout the day. What i enjoyed the most was simply coming out of my shell and coming more out going, with that being said my customer service skills developed and it became easier greeting customer and helping them with picking sizes or in some cases helping them figure out their size.
Pros
family, great place to learn
Cons
hours were cut, over hired
There are always people to cover for you but sometimes you don’t get enough shifts. Due to being over staffed and still hiring, I get scheduled about once or twice a week.
This was a temporary job for me before I joined the army. I did not enjoy it very much because of the poor management, but the discounts were pretty good. I suppose it depends on personal preference.
The hours a very flexible at Hollister
The management are great and also the brand reps we give out good customer service and help customers and greet them as well
I worked part-time for one season, which was like once a week for six hours max, or sometimes not at all for the whole week. The other employees there didn't really speak much, therefore I didn't really know anyone I was working with, a part from the managers that would be assigned to the shift I would be on, because that person would assign my tasks for the day. I mostly was in the stock room, which was not so fun, especially since no one really spoke to me, or vice versa.
Pros
Getting paid for the hours I worked.
Cons
Not enough hours, boring work environment
In the beginning they give you a lot of hours but that quickly falls off as by the end of the first month you barely have any hours and now your paychecks are little to nothing
A typical day at work would be checking in with your manager when you clock in. Then you would make the store look neat and clean along with greeting and assisting customers.
A typical day at work would have been going to work and doing what the store manager would need to be done at the moment. That would range from folding clothes, working the cash register, and helping people shop. I learned how to fold clothes in a neat fashion and how to use a cash register.
Pros
Good discount on clothes
Cons
Short breaks, rude customers
Managers are understanding and Friendly as are the co-workers.
Definitely a social environment

Memorization of Clothes and Sales are the hardest part, If that.
Its good for starting off but the hourly wage always ranges depending on where you are. It ranges from fast paced to slow depending on where you are. I enjoyed my time
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hollister Co. Our community is ready to answer.
1.2K
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight