Hollister Staffing Employee Reviews

Good Job When you need it
Filing/receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 5, 2018
I started at Hollister when I moved to the Boston area and needed a job ASAP. They worked with me to craft my resume, and set me up with a full time job in days. I eventually left that job for a different opportunity but was welcomed back with open arms when my situation changed again. Although the benefits for a contract employee are scarce, if you want to work with a collaborative team of dedicated staffing professionals Hollister Staffing is for you.
misdirected approach to busniness
Manager of Accounting and Finance (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 27, 2018
inconsistent company intent, focus not clear, high turnover rate for those who can think and want to be part of a team. Leadership would rather turn business in to personal gain at the price of good employees
September 6, 2018

I’m sorry to hear that you feel our approach to business is not clear or focused. Hollister’s focus has always been on the people we work with every day, prioritizing long-term value over short-term profit. We’ve been doing it for 30 years now and fully value our employees, clients, and candidates and are thankful for everything that they contribute to our company. That said, we always appreciate and take seriously all feedback, so thank you for sharing.

Flexible
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 14, 2018
Excellent staff, but the lack of predictability in the field of contract employment was frustrating and the commutes to my various assignments were often very long.
Great gigs
Administrative & Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJune 23, 2018
I was offered really cool gigs with Hollister. My recruiter made sure I was happy on my assignment and within my salary range. She also made sure my positions were flexible with my classes.
July 6, 2018

That's great to hear! Thank you for sharing your experience.

Great introduction to temp agency work
Marketing Research/Cold Calling (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 8, 2018
Upon arriving at Hollister Staffing's sleek modern office I was quickly put through tests and meetings to determine my ability to get to work speedily. Was given a great variety of fun and learning work experiences.
Pros
variety of jobs, keyed into top companies
Cons
rough introduction to cold calling
Great Staffing agency
Temp (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 7, 2017
Hollister is a great staffing agency if you are looking for something is short term. everyone there is super friendly and out going. it is best when you are applying to make sure you are clear about the type of work you are looking for and they will help you find something.
December 22, 2017

Thank you for writing in! We’re glad we could be a helpful resource to you in your job search. We do offer a lot of short-term placements for those in immediate need.
Communicating clearly what you are looking for in your next job is how we know if we can best meet your needs and skill set. If you ever need help in the future, don’t hesitate to contact us!

Emphasis on culture
BILLING AND COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 17, 2017
Working for a small company such as Hollister is great if you prefer to know and have relationships with all your coworkers. Meditation offered and is cool.
November 30, 2017

Thanks for your comment. It is true that we are all about making real connections here at Hollister, and are happy you got to share in a quality of culture that has now, after 30 years, evolved to what it is.

productive
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 9, 2017
I was a good environment , I liked the worked that I did and the people that I met . it was hard learning some sstuff because it was fast place but the managers helped me get threw it. I enjoyed meeting new people
November 30, 2017

Glad hearing you had a good experience though I think you are wanting to share with Hollister, the clothing store, not Hollister Staffing. Call us if you want to meet more “new people.”

Stuffing Envelopes
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MASeptember 19, 2017
Our assignment was to accurately and with speed insert materials into addressed envelopes. Setting up your area was of the utmost importance to ensure that you could move at a fast pace with no mistakes. We were allowed to do this in any manner that was to our comfort. I never actually thought envelope stuffing was a real job until I worked for this company. It was a warehouse environment with periodic checks and our piecework was routinely reviewed. If you could not move in a fast-paced environment without making a single mistake, then you would not last at this job. It was manual labor with no room for mistakes.
Pros
Only worked until 3:00pm
Cons
Manager would leave to shop at the mall on company time and still get paid.
November 30, 2017

We’re glad your schedule worked well for you, and it sounds like you had some room for self-expression (which is very important!). While a high-volume, error-free environment is necessary for some jobs, it’s not for everyone and we understand how much stress that can bring. Thank you for your review.

You gain a lot of Office experiences
Administrative Assistant/Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 25, 2017
It's good working there when you need money in you pocket and you are a student the only thing is that the jobs that they give you can be very inconsistent. It is better if you have a car if the job they book you for is a good distance away from you.
Pros
You get a chance to work at different companies
Cons
Inconsistant hours
November 30, 2017

The great benefit of temporary work is that if you are willing and able, you can get work. This is a great fit for professionals who are flexible, and at the start of their careers. As a student, this can be an invaluable step to finding a great job at a great company that much sooner upon graduation. Thank you for your feedback!

Friendly professional environment
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAMay 2, 2017
I had a tremendous opportunity to learn all about the Charge Master and it's purpose in the hospital billing process. Every service on a claim for a hospital visit has a CPT code, HCPC code and a price attached to it. Very often the doctors incorrectly code the service provided and it was my job to correct these errors. I also learned about the National Drug Codes (NDC) that accompany the drugs that were applied to the patient. The hardest part of the job was pushing for the maximum amount of claims worked each day. The most enjoyable part of the job was receiving strong recognition for a job well done when I went beyond the daily standards of production.
Pros
I loved the employee appreciation days.
Cons
The manager tended to micro-manage her employees which caused problems with employee moral.
November 30, 2017

Thank you for your thoughtful and honest review. It’s great hearing that you had the opportunity to learn and master high-level skills that you can take with you into the next part of your career. Feeling appreciated by your company is such an important component of a good company, and it prides us to know that one of our partnering companies made you feel valued for your hard work.

Lazy staff. Lack of hard work. Always on phones.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 12, 2017
I hate working here. It has been an all around terrible experience working here. The original staff are lazy and I had to pick up the slack while managers and other staff goofed off on thair phones. They honestl are not paying me enough for that.
Pros
Cons
No perks, low pay, lazy staff, few hours
November 30, 2017

Hello there. It looks like this review was meant for Hollister Co., the California-based clothing store. While we dig their summer-style fashion, we are a Boston-based recruiting company called Hollister Staffing. Have a good day!

Great Assignments, quick placement
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 14, 2016
Good assignments, easy work, quick placement and friendly staff. I really enjoy the flexibility that is involved with the assignments they provide.
Pros
fun and easy assignments
Cons
lower paygrade
November 30, 2017

We’re so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience working with us. Thank you for your feedback!

Worst recruiter ever
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 20, 2016
Stay away from these guys
Incompetent never call never get updates.Why do I waste my time with these used car salesman outfits
Pros
Cons
all
November 30, 2017

Sorry to hear about your negative experience. Our recruiters work to place individuals they feel are a good fit for the companies we work with. The more collaborative jobseeker can be with us in maintaining an open dialogue, the better we can identify a mutually-beneficial career match. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Best Company I ever Interned for!
Receptionist-Intern (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 14, 2016
The work culture is a great experience. Everyone is down to earth but yet work extremely hard. The energy and vibe is welcoming and I would recommend anyone to apply. I learned a lot of things in the first two weeks.
Pros
Great Work Culture, Keg in the office, Awesome CEO and Office Manager
November 30, 2017

We love hearing that! It means the world to us that you enjoyed working here and got to benefit from the fruits of our culture. Thank you for your glowing review, and for all your hard work!

its fun to work with that people that work there
stocker (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 5, 2016
this company is fun and it teaches you that you shouldn't be afraid to talk to people. Also that everyday you work that you are never doing the same thing. the people that work there are amazing people they make me work hard.
Pros
breaks
Cons
non
November 30, 2017

It’s so great to hear that you enjoyed the work that you did, and the people you worked with. That makes all the difference. Thank you for your review!

Productive and Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Nyack, NYDecember 11, 2015
I would usually come in, put my bag in the locker room, clock in, go to my manager ask them what they want me to do that day and go do that. The managers are really nice and outgoing, I pretty much get along with everybody. The hardest part sometime might be with a customer that won't let you do your job and them arguing with you. The best part I think is just working with my co-workers and helping out a customer that needs help with an item.
Cons
no health benefits
November 30, 2017

Hi there! It’s looks like you meant to post this review for Hollister Co., the clothing retailer. We are a Boston-based staffing company called Hollister Staffing specializing in Accounting & Finance, Technology, and Administrative/HR job placement. Have a great day!

Productive fun place to work
Internship (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 29, 2015
There is never a dull moment and there is always a constant buzz in the atmosphere. The environment is super friendly and smiles all around. There is a lot of team work and encouragement to get the work done. Casual Fridays are great.
Pros
Lunch on the roof

Always Had A Great Experience
Marketing Outreach (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 1, 2014
They've always found me a place to work when i needed them. They always placed me at places that i loved.
November 30, 2017

Thank you for your review! We’re happy to have been a valuable resource for you, and hope you’ll reach out again if you ever need us.

Great staffing agency with great paying jobs
Specialty Society Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 29, 2014
My time working for Hollister at the Massachusetts Medical Society in Waltham, MA was wonderful. The work environment was great, and the people, and the pay were great as well. I really enjoyed this assignment!
Pros
Great work environments
Cons
Temporary Position
November 30, 2017

We are happy we could place you into a position that was such a good fit for you. We aim to match great people with great companies. Thank you for your review!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hollister Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.