Holly Hill Hospital Employee Reviews

A good place to work
Assistant Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 10, 2018
Had one of the best Chief Nursing Officer during my period at Holly Hill Hospital. I was given free hand to display my attributes. The Chief Nursing Officer listens to suggestions for improvement
Pros
Interprofessional Collaboration
Cons
Promotion prospect
Best direct care experience you could hope for
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 13, 2018
If you're passionate about mental health, are driven to serve others and thrive on self-motivation, this is a good job for you. This is not the job for everyone, but don't let the negative reviews scare you off too much. The overall atmosphere here is good, and the experience you gain is excellent. There are some problems with rude coworkers, but this is worse at the Adult campus (old building). The biggest complaints I have surround co-worker situations.

When you're new here, you get the side-eye a lot. The environment can feel pretty cliquey at times. The children's hospital, except for a few bad eggs, is staffed with some saints of human beings. Some of the nurses lack empathy for the patients. This place employs some of the kindest techs you will ever meet, but the overall atmosphere at the Adult hospital is pretty cutthroat and unpleasant among coworkers. I see a lot of complaints about management, but the management isn't the problem. The problem is staff who feels they're entitled to call out last minute, leaving management to scramble to find replacements asap. This is a job meant to serve others, not yourself.
Over-all, I really love my work here and I hope tok stay here for years to come.
Pros
Rewarding, fun and fast-paced atmosphere
Cons
Rude coworkers, short breaks, pay does not fit job expectations
never again
MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 24, 2018
This is the worst job that I have ever worked. It is understaffed and unsafe. Staff that doesn't care about the patients or the jobs. Management doesn't listen when you try to explain what is going at the job. There is bullying here. It's not a good place to work
Pros
pay is good
Cons
understaffed and unsafe
Good Partime or PRN job
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 23, 2018
Staff was great during the stay. Drs and counselors were very good and helpful. Now a month later, I received a bill in the mail that I did not expect - when I called the billing dept. they were rude and snippy and said either i pay or it goes to collections. I hadn't even got a detail of charges and what my insurance was paying. This factor of the stay needs to be corrected. The way the billing clerk spoke to me was abuse of a mentally ill person. This incident spoiled my opinion of the organization.
Cons
Lazy Coworkers
Professional Place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 27, 2018
Professionals people working at Holly Hill. Good work atmosphere. Good cafeteria food. Nice people all around. HR never answer the phones, and don't return the voicemails.
Pros
Good atmosphere to work, professional people, and good food
Cons
HR never answer the phone, neither return calls. Very bad
flexible hours
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 13, 2018
Very unprofessional. Nurses are very lazy. SW suck. Therapist suck. Job is just draining overall. ADON is great.They work with you and try to resolve all that they can even if they cant do much.
Very busy and productive workplace
Triage RN (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 8, 2018
I enjoyed my job at HHH. Very busy and productive. Time passed away quickly. The hardest part of my job was working with a DOS system. Most of coworkers worked well together and worked as a team
Pros
Most liked each other
Cons
Company was for profit
Nice place to work
LMHT (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NC 27603July 6, 2018
This place has the incredible opportunity to work with families in crisis and the ability to make a huge difference in our community. I go in with the thought process of today I'm trying to save and enhance a life. Pay should definitely be better due to all the responsibilities that goes with this job. I often feel that upper management is out of touch with the MHTs and only focus on the doctors and nurses. This job can become stressful at times but reaching a person's soul that has been tormented from past traumatic events and showing there is a better way is priceless.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Upper management CEO, Hr
nice idea but falls short of goal to help people in need
MENTAL HEALTHCARE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 30, 2018
Impossible tasks to be met, under staff terrible patient to staff ratio. Some of the management knows how tough it is on the mental health techs but not much they can do because of corporate. On a typical day we take them to breakfast-dinner. Trips outside to court yard
Pros
inexpensive food, meet some nice people even patients
Cons
over worked and under staff
Where staff go to die
RN (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 12, 2018
Jobs given by favoritism not skill. Disorganized with rules frequently changing. Very punitive. Unequal punishment. DON extremely unreliable and untrustworthy.
Cons
No support, management disregards staff
Terrible management; rude coworkers
PRN Therapist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 29, 2018
Worked as a PRN therapist at Holly Hill. The full time therapists leave their work for PRN/weekend staff. Poor pay; I get paid twice as much per hour at my full time job at another psych hospital. Poor attitudes from other staff. The techs and nurses expected me to drop everything I was doing to answer questions from patients that they can answer and typically know the answer to better than I did since I'I was PRN and didn't work the same unit every time I worked. Not to mention the fact that they would put me on 4 units and expect me to do 3 groups and any assessment leftover. And there was always an assessment to do; typically multiple assessments because the full time staff don't like doing their jobs and leave it for me to do on the weekend. I was working harder at my part time job than my full time job; absolute nonsense!!!
Pros
Cons
short break; high work load; unsupportive coworkers
Good place to work for self motivators.
Charge nurse for overflow psychiatric unit (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 21, 2018
The job is a challenging one that requires a strong sense of self. Good assessment skill for the occasional medical situations that can arise is also a plus. Management is open to hearing your concerns, but not always in implementing change.
Pros
Some great people to work here.
Cons
Depending of staffing you cannot always take a break.
Great enviorment
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 18, 2018
Great place to work the environment is amazing. if your looking for something new this is the place, the workers are amazing depending on the unit you work on.
Challenging work place environment
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 13, 2018
If you are prepared for a challenging amount of work for a purpose of great quality of care to patients, Holly Hill Hospital is for you. The facility is in desperate need of re-training staff on professionalism and quality of care. There are great administrative and nursing staff along with the clinical staff. There are bad apples everywhere but with training there is room for improvement.
Holly Hill only cares about money and not their patients or staff.
Registered/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 18, 2018
Over worked, stressful environment. Money driven, opposed to patient care driven. Unsafe environment. Non-therapeutic. Doctors are incompetent and unprofessional.
Pros
salary, shift times.
Cons
unsafe, understaffed, unnecessary increase workload, incompetent doctors, lack of empathy and compassion for the patients.
High turnover, Low pay, long hours, .....
MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 12, 2018
Never know where you may end up working from day to day,
Under employment for decreed individuals with any experience in mental health.
Management was varied and responsive only to staffing needs,
Culture of cut throat with little cooperation.
Trying to maintain order and structure in an environment that offers few options for engagement.
opportunities to see individual triumph and successes.
Pros
opportunities to see individual triumph and successes, experience.
Cons
Burnout and long tiring hours to make a livable earnings.
Horrible
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 12, 2018
Very dangerous at times because patients can or will hit you, throw things at you, all kinds of things. Most times you do not get to take your breaks but will be penalized for not taking a lunch if there is no relief for you. The pay is not enough for what you are doing on the job or to cover cost of living. They give you a 1 day CPI training to learn patient holds and expect that to last a year. Hard to remember if you don't use it or practice it. They are always short on staff and try to convince employees to stay late with incentives but its not worth how tired or burned out you are afterwards.
Review Summary
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 18, 2018
The opportunity to gain knowledge in the position at Holly Hill Hospital and to be crossed trained in various departments was appreciated. The opportunity to learn the position of Patient Financial Services was rewarding.
Pros
Experience
Cons
rapid turn-over within the dept.
Holly Hill
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 2, 2018
I think Holly hill is a very great place to work. The people are very respectful and kind. I wouldn't trade my job for the wolrd. But because in relocating.
Not Safe
Behavioral Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  NCFebruary 25, 2018
Hard place to work cannot trust management and It was not a safe place to work no security. daylight nurses Lazy and Cutthroat. Some Floating MHT they are lazy they find places to sleep.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Scheduler is Rude and nasty to staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holly Hill Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Holly Hill Hospital Reviews by Location