HollyFrontier Employee Reviews

Used to be a great culture, now terrible
IT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 5, 2019
Workplace culture has turned toxic over last two years. Previous stable IT management completely gutted, now remaining staff leaving in droves. Formerly stable company & workplace is now political & back-stabbing.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Toxic culture
Limits diversity
Accounting Associate, III (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 3, 2019
Black women have a hard time going forward in this company. There is little improvement given to the black women. Low regard for black women. No blacks
Productive workplace
Instrumentation & Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 17, 2019
Holly is a good company. although there's some things that need to change just like any place else it is still a good place to work. The pay can be better but it is still fair.
Serious and prrofessional work environment
CRUDE OIL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMApril 24, 2019
It was expected that you answered all calls and made them short and to the point. Our calls were tracked. The manager was easy to get along with but very business like. He seem unapproachable at times but probably due to the nature of his job. I enjoyed most of my co workers and the duties of the job.
Pros
over time was welcomed
Cons
long shifts
Great place to work at Woods Cross Refinery, Utah
Fixed Equipment Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Woods Cross, UTApril 22, 2019
Great atmosphere with peers and lots attention to detail in engineering groups. People are professional and friendly. Compensation is below average for industry. Benefits and work life balance is great.
Pros
Free lunches, continuing education, training, life to work balance, team work
Cons
Compensation and bonus
Not an ethical company to work for
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 8, 2019
Leadership is not held accountable for un ethical behavior. No diversity or inclusion initiatives, leadership is not held accountable for bad behavior.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Leadership is mediocre
Decent Company with Potential
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 18, 2019
This company has a lot of potential to be great but the Executive Team is disjointed and not all the leaders are on the same page. CEO is great and culture is getting better. Support functions struggle; rampant favortism and good ol boy club practices in corporate. Your experience can vary depending on department and location. If hiring and promotion practices focused more on talent, and a few bad apples would leave, it would be an awesome place to be.
working as a contractor
ServiceNow Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 15, 2019
they are trying hard to be very structured and matured in certain areas which give a ton of opportunities in terms of maturing the process to technologies they have
Holly Frontier
Instrument & Controls Technician Burrow Global (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTDecember 10, 2018
I only Worked at that site for 5 weeks as a contractor to help start up their crude oil unit that had burned down.
Their in-house technicians were very helpful with any equipment or support they could provide.
Growing
IT Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 25, 2018
HFC is a growing company that is expanding it's product line and global footprint. In it's veal to grow the IT systems is struggling to keep up with the demand. They have brought in new IT leadership hoping to attract new and younger employees. Overall the benefits are very good.
Pros
Mutiple loactions, benefits
Cons
Growing so fast that the IT systems in struggling to keep up.
Needs Management Development
Designer/Drafter II (Current Employee) –  West Bountiful, UTOctober 7, 2018
I've been an employee in the Engineering group for 4 years and the first two were fantastic. These last couple of years I've had no development from my superiors, I've had to research to build my own skills. Nepotism is a major problem at this facility, if you know the right people you'll advance. They could be a great company if they had backbone and performed like a corporation.
Pros
Free Gym membership, Health Savings Account, Flexible Schedule
Cons
No supervision, Management very lacking, no advancement opportunities
About holly
Turnaround Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 19, 2018
I loved working for such a great company. It overall one of the best companies i have worked for. The people are very friendly and welcoming. Just be prepared to learn a lot about the units and everything going on in the field.
Pros
Friendly staff, very understanding company
Poor Management & Team Players
Shift Foreman (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJuly 2, 2018
I wished I could say something positive about HollyFrontier Company but the only thing I can say is that the company does pay well. I worked 14 months trying to make the company successful using all years of experience and skills but I was treated like a outside and most of the management team players didn't want me there.
Good place to learn lifelong skills. Decent management
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Woods Cross, UtahJune 25, 2018
I spent nine years at HF as a plant operator. It is a great place to work and the management was usually very supportive. The pay is excellent but plan on giving your soul to them. The expectations are high but they provide all the tools you need to achieve them. This is a company in constant transition so things change weekly but I feel that most everyone wants you to succeed. I really miss the place but had to move on.
Pros
Awesome pay, management listens
Cons
No work life balance. Especially as you advance
Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 24, 2018
Excellent place to experience every type of industrial power and controls scenario imaginable. If you are driven by technical challenges, and experiencing different facets of industry Holly is a great place. The scale is large enough that it gives you a taste of everything.
Cons
Cyclical O & G driven
Amazing company
Step-Up Process Operator-Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 19, 2018
Holly Frontier changed my life. I learned something new every day and knew that my safety was the number one goal of the Company. The hours are rough and the schedule can be difficult.
Pros
stock
Cons
schedule
Typical corporate job
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 11, 2018
Good people, great location, ability to work 9/80...it's your typical office job. Not much excitement in the office. Very traditional and outdated. The work isn't hard but can be challenging.
clickish
Oil and gas construction (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 6, 2018
They don't always advance based on experience, nor recognize the value of someone's self investment to grow. Over all the company its self is a solid company.
I really enjoyed my time there
Procurement Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2018
A great place to work. Everyone and I mean everyone was willing to take time out of their day to help you or give information about a topic of interest. Work life balance was top notch and everyone seemed to be mindful of making the workplace a great place to work. As an intern, I was given meaningful work and real feedback for my outputs.
Pros
Freedom, assistance, trust
Cons
Industry
No Culture
Lead Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 22, 2018
No culture, no diversity, people would overstep boundaries by looking into personal lives of coworkers. You had to be in the "in crowd" to be promoted. Managers only spoke to certain people.