Hollywood Casino at Columbus Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
fun and layed back
EVS Deep Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 20, 2018
I enjoy working there it has prepared me for personal growth.Its also
fun working in a entertainment environment.Good customer service is the secret to any job!
Pros
fun, entertaining
Cons
high turn over rate, not enough workers
hated it
Poker Dealer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 23, 2018
do not, i repeat do not go work for this company if you want to mean something to the people you work for. The money is good, but the job could be way better.
Toxic Workplace
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 16, 2018
Better than shovelling sand. Avoid at all costs.
I am required to write more characters about what an abysmal place this is. You are a number and dealers are the most important and least-supported employee at this location.
Fun job decent pay
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 13, 2018
Typical day at work moving large amounts of money from one area to another
Management is very organized
Workplace is fun loving and upbeat
Hardest part of job was escorting intoxicated people to cabs
Dont apply here
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  columbusMarch 9, 2018
Horrible place, don't apply, you will regret it! Management is unskilled, uneducated and never been in the casino business! No advancement unless you play golf with the managers.
Pros
there is none
Cons
poorly ran
Fun place to work but didn't pay well
Warehouse/ Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 15, 2018
Very fast paced. I was a Master user of their inventory system and was a loud to interview and hire my own warehouse personnel. Management was ok but not at the pace of their employees. To me the hardest part was getting management to grasp to ideas that would make the facility run smooth. The easiest part for me was seeing people positive even after a very stressful and hard day.
Pros
Core values
Cons
core values not being focused on
I was hated!
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 6, 2018
It was the best job i've ever had, don't get me wrong. But i don't know if i've ever worked at a place where i was so widely hated because all the players thought i was a house player and they would always lose when at my table. I like to be liked but i wasn't and that sucked.
Pros
Breaks every hour and 20.
Fun work place
Player Services Main Banker (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 16, 2017
Excellcent place to work if you single and can balance life. Depending on which position you apply for salary with tips. Managment is super cool . discounted meals
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks, point system
I made very good money at this job. I had a great deal of responsibility. I enjoyed my position there. I did not want to leave. I also got paid tips.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 3, 2017
I enjoyed having all of the responsibility. I was able to operate 3 banks entirely by myself due to being short staffed. I did this for most of my time there. I became very proficient and efficient at my job. The pay was good and so was the tips.
Pros
The pay was good and so was the tips.
Cons
Very stressful at times.
Buffet Server
Buffet Server (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 22, 2017
Set days off for full-timers... monday and Tuesdays. Mandatory holidays, no holiday pay. No weekend days off. Very fast paced. Very stressful on busy days, if other team members don't do their part you have to pick up their slack or fall in your section.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
schedule
Hollywood Casino Columbus
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 29, 2017
Hollywood Casino Columbus provides many great jobs and opportunities for the Columbus area. Advancement is achievable with Hollywood Casino Columbus. Very high volume atmosphere in any position. Fun place to work.
Facilily Manager
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 14, 2017
Working at Hollywood is a challenging Job. It cam be fast paced, at times. I work with a great team of skilled trades, that work well together to solve facility problems. There is a great opportunity for advancement, if you want to put forth the effort.
Pros
Fair Bennifts, Free Soft Drinks, Clean Work inviroment
Cons
No Shift Diff. Pay, No Holiday Pay
Stressful but money is good
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 5, 2017
I started when they first opened and I can say that yes it is a challenging place but it was very educational when wanting to learn different cooking techniques. Over time is something that I enjoy they make sure that everyone will get there hours. The hardest part was making sure that the food was where it should be, if its in the warmer or do someone need to be reminded that the food is not ready to be severed. Overall the management was challenging but when times where at its best, they made sure that the food was where it should be.
Fun workplace with some growing to do
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 15, 2017
I had a great time working there, however management was inconsistent. It was a very easy job and great people to work with most of the time. The best part about the job was the relationship I built with the customers
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
Management needs some serious improvement
It was very lively and out going place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43228February 9, 2017
I usually took orders and made drinks during the day. I did handle money and occasionally made food during times where the grill chef wasnt around. The culture was amazing. Many different nationalities and the management really listened to your opinions of making things easier for everyone.
Great company to work for. nice benefits and union,
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 8, 2017
i worked 3rd shift and i loved it a lot. Being a mom of three it was messing with my outside life. the people i would meet on a day to day i would miss. But i would cash in chips make player cards or just answer questions.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
couldn't play there
Fun Workplace
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 3, 2017
After Shift meetings we'd begin our rounds on the floor. It was not always busy but the tips were decent. We'd maintain clean work areas while taking drink orders every 10-20 minutes. We were required to wear heels which was difficult.
Fun place to work
Table Games Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 8, 2017
A typical day of work consists of being on the front line making sure the customers have what they need and to have an enjoyable and positive time at the casino. While working at the casino I have learned to work with a variety of individuals and personalities.
Pros
Meeting/Working with a variety of individuals
Loved working here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 27, 2016
There are tons of reasons to love working here, free uniforms, free non alcoholic beverages including hot chocolate, coffee, tea...

I loved the fast pace environment and the loud music keeps me alert and enthusiastic while there.
Pros
Free drinks, awesome toilets, free uniforms
Cons
Some customers have strong bad smell
Hollywood Casino
Server (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 23, 2016
Terrible management very unprofessional, popularity contest. Never encountered a more unfair, and at times discriminatory work environment. Would never recommend

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hollywood Casino at Columbus. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight