Holmes Murphy & Associates Employee Reviews

Productive and interesting job.
Office Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAOctober 24, 2017
Reception was a very busy day with opening mail and sorting and phone calls. But it varied every week so it was balanced and not so overwhelming. The staff were always nice and we all socialized well.
Pros
Good job to learn with.
Cons
Needed more pay.
Immature workplace with cookie cutter services
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 22, 2017
Office is a sea of cubicles. Employees and clients are treated as numbers. The company is only interested in profit margins, not customer service. Their goal is to sign as many new clients as possible, and then do the least amount of work for them as possible.

Company culture revolves around heavy drinking. There is a bar in the office and weekly happy hours. Lots of time is spent taking clients to lunch and happy hour. Very little time is spent doing actual work. Lots of travel is required to go to meetings where you just read from a cookie cutter presentation.

Lots of immature coworkers. The enviroment feels like high school.
Great Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 30, 2017
Great company to work for with lots of perks. Management provided lots of lunches, outside the office team building, fun in office group projects and a great team to work with.
Review
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 28, 2017
I started from the bottom and worked my way up. In this field it is hard to get recognition by upper management. I did really enjoy working for my immediate supervisor at the time.
Great place to work.
Member of the Business Solutions Team (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 30, 2017
The company does a great job of providing a welcoming environment in which good people rule the majority. They truly create a culture in which coworkers and their families are united.
Great place to intern!
Corporate Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAAugust 18, 2015
Their motto is work hard, play hard, and enjoy who you do it with. Great management and so many fun things to do with great coworkers! Hardly ever feels like a day of work.
Strong family culture - great place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 4, 2015
I enjoyed my 7 years at Holmes Murphy. Great people to work with and learn from each other. I greatly enjoyed working with the clients in my book of business. The thing I liked best was doing employee meetings and answering benefit questions/solving claim issues.
Enjoyable place to work, fast paced, challenging and rewarding position.
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 10, 2013
Manager client expectations by assisting health care benefits and all other ancillary benefits. Assisted in sales and implementation of new clients and assisted in retention of clients presenting renewal, negotiating with carriers and conducting employee meetings. Provided quality customer service through both written and verbal communication. Strong organization skills, problem solving and multitasking at all times. Marketing health insurance plans and all ancillary benefits.

Over the past couple of years I've learned a lot about Health Care Reform in order to assist and advise clients on the regulations and implementation of the laws.

The hardest part of the job was:
staying informed on the ever changing Health Care Reform laws
Implementation dates of each law and assuring the clients were in compliance.
Each day included a variety of challenges, tasks and learning opportunities to improve my performance and knowledge.
Pros
Flexibility, benefits, employee recognation, the company treated the employees well.
Cons
Sometimes not enough hours in the day to get all the work done.
N/a
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 28, 2013
I was able to learn the Retail Agency side of the business. Most of my insurance back ground was on the wholesale side.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Best Job Ever
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2012
The culture and the principals this company are based on makes it feel like your time is a great investment here. Very professional yet friendly company, managed well. Pay is very competitive, and the benefits are even better.
Insurance company with diverse captive clients
DBA/SAP Business Objects Administrator (Current Employee) –  W Des Moines, IAMay 8, 2012
Captive and P&C insurance company. Daily customer support with regard to determing what the customer needs are centered around. Management is put into position without actually being qualified to handle the tasks assigned to them. The company does promote from within good or bad. Co-Workers have no fear of repercussions and no respect for upper management. Hardest part is determining if you are the target for the week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holmes Murphy & Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

Holmes Murphy & Associates Reviews by Location