Hologic Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Quality Assuarance Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 13, 2019
Its a great company.I would like to work there again. They have a great work culture.Their products are really great.

Management is not very friendly but overall it is great place to work.
Pros
Collaberative workculture
Cons
not so good cafeteria
Great Company
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMarch 12, 2019
I love working here. Great working hours and management cares about their employees. There is a lot of opportunities to get ahead and there is great tools to achieve your success.
Used to be awesome, now....well
Service (Former Employee) –  West USMarch 4, 2019
They used to really take care of the people that were in the field and dealing with the customers on a daily business. Everyone from the stockroom to the person in front of the customer wanted only the best for each situation. Over the last 3-4 years much of the executive leadership has been turned over and although there are lot's of ideas, plans and projects underway, they usually produce little in the way of process improvements. There is a major disconnect between the c level offices and the people in the trenches. Unfortunately the customer's are the ones that suffer, the equipment they need to service their patients is technically advanced (best there is) but so poorly supported that reliability and efficacy has suffered. Hologic has replaced experienced and proven performers with young fresh workers with lot's of education but no experience. A well though out balance would be a better business decision. Choose wisely and get your comp deal in writing as the culture statement will not match your day to day experience.
Pros
Good compensation, some good people still trying their best.
Cons
Management stability and experience. Real life culture is poor.
Software Intern
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 28, 2019
A lot of work to do. Mostly use C# in Santa Clara location. People were pretty friendly and easy-going. The salary was not bad.
Overall good experience.
Excellent management
Manufacturing Lab Technician II (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 1, 2019
They had an excellent management team, pay was slighly lower than industry standard, but excellent work environment and superior benefits made up for this small issue.
Pros
Great Benefits, management and environment.
Terrible situation
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WADecember 24, 2018
Not a good fit for me. I am a capital sales guy who is use to calling on multiple specialities with a wide variety of products. At Hologic there are limited products and limited specialities.
Pros
Great call point
Cons
Lack of clear direction
Challenges
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAOctober 22, 2018
Challenging but rewarding in numerous ways. I enjoyed assembling and final testing of medical diagnostic machines. I learned to work with others in goal driven environment. We worked to obtain a common goal by providing a good quality products. Management held the team accountable for the goals. Really enjoyed working there because the coworkers and fair management / leadership.
Pros
Good Coworkers.
Cons
Low pay
Field Service Engineer III (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 22, 2018
I enjoy working here.The have competitive pay and benefits to most other biotech companies. There is reasonable room for advancement. When the company does well as a whole they are generous with raises.
Poor Management
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 15, 2018
Working at Hologic, the job itself I loved. Management mostly were as the song states "smile in your face". I was cross-trained on several jobs, according to my manager, a very good employee; always helping others, did my job above and beyond...worked ot, weekends (Sats and Suns). During recovery from surgery, management switched hands once again, and I was let go. I was told they downsized.
Pros
Benefits, day shift
Cons
Management overturn frequently, at-will hiring, no job security
Important product, employees engaged, good atmosphere
Manufacturing Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 4, 2018
Overall fast-paced, career oriented, customer driven work environment. Cutting edge technology.

Encourages employee educational advancement. Encourages community involvement.
Pros
Training, Advancement opportunities, Engaging environment
Cons
At-will employer, some inter-department disconnect
Good
Home Office (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAOctober 1, 2018
It's great work work for a place that does so much for women's health. There has been company changes that focus more on the bottom line versus the patients, but it is likely temporary as things get solidified for the long-term. Being on the S&P 500 and Nasdaq 100 puts a lot of pressure the the leaders.
Pros
Great purpose
Cons
Lots of pressure
Engaging culture focused on women's healthcare
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MASeptember 26, 2018
Exciting place to work and further the access to superior healthcare technology for all women across the world. Learned many different sales and marketing skills. Management is a great motivator of your success. Friendly culture. Hardest part of the job is not having some resources you need. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping patients get the care they need.
Hologic is a great company
Senior Software Verification/Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 20, 2018
Currently I am working at Hologic and feel is time for me to make a change and pursue another career within a bio-medical company. Hologic inspired me to think about other opportunities in other companies.
It has been a long time
Electro-Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 26, 2018
It has been quite some time since I worked for this company. I did enjoy my time there but it has been so long that I do not feel I am the right person to give a re review
Great company and good people
Helpdesk Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 11, 2018
Great time spent at this company, met wonderful people and was always challenged everyday with new issues that would arise. Great room for growth if you can meet the right people.
N/a
Manufacturing Engineer Technician V (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAAugust 1, 2018
Hologic as a whole is a good Company. But as for the managers there is some things are best not said. I have been here for quite some time and change is needed.
Corporate goals are well intentioned
Scientist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 30, 2018
Goals change through the year, budget cuts are frequent and no long term vision. The people do excellent work, work hard and quality is the highest priority but management doesn't seem to be interested in its employees.
Pros
Some excellent people, location, work-life balance
Cons
Yearly lay-offs, management out of touch
Strong Mission
Associate (Former Employee) –  MAJuly 25, 2018
Strong Mission
Some examples of good leadership
Don't always recognize good talent
Regularly look for the next best thing instead of developing the talent they already have
Hologic - A great place to work
Sr. Director (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 2, 2018
During my tenure at Hologic I found the company a great place to work. management was demanding while also allowing for work life balance. Management set realistic expectations and really worked with employees to solve issues as they arose.
coporate environment with mom/pop shop feel
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 2, 2018
the corporate structure was well maintained. My direct bosses still tried to keep the little mom/pop shop environment going. It was a great company to work for and they allowed me to grow and learn.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hologic. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight