Hologic Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 15, 2018
Working at Hologic, the job itself I loved. Management mostly were as the song states "smile in your face". I was cross-trained on several jobs, according to my manager, a very good employee; always helping others, did my job above and beyond...worked ot, weekends (Sats and Suns). During recovery from surgery, management switched hands once again, and I was let go. I was told they downsized.
Pros
Benefits, day shift
Cons
Management overturn frequently, at-will hiring, no job security
Good
Home Office (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAOctober 1, 2018
It's great work work for a place that does so much for women's health. There has been company changes that focus more on the bottom line versus the patients, but it is likely temporary as things get solidified for the long-term. Being on the S&P 500 and Nasdaq 100 puts a lot of pressure the the leaders.
Pros
Great purpose
Cons
Lots of pressure
Engaging culture focused on women's healthcare
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MASeptember 26, 2018
Exciting place to work and further the access to superior healthcare technology for all women across the world. Learned many different sales and marketing skills. Management is a great motivator of your success. Friendly culture. Hardest part of the job is not having some resources you need. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping patients get the care they need.
Hologic is a great company
Senior Software Verification/Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 20, 2018
Currently I am working at Hologic and feel is time for me to make a change and pursue another career within a bio-medical company. Hologic inspired me to think about other opportunities in other companies.
It has been a long time
Electro-Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 26, 2018
It has been quite some time since I worked for this company. I did enjoy my time there but it has been so long that I do not feel I am the right person to give a re review
Great company and good people
Helpdesk Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTAugust 11, 2018
Great time spent at this company, met wonderful people and was always challenged everyday with new issues that would arise. Great room for growth if you can meet the right people.
N/a
Manufacturing Engineer Technician V (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAAugust 1, 2018
Hologic as a whole is a good Company. But as for the managers there is some things are best not said. I have been here for quite some time and change is needed.
Corporate goals are well intentioned
Scientist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 30, 2018
Goals change through the year, budget cuts are frequent and no long term vision. The people do excellent work, work hard and quality is the highest priority but management doesn't seem to be interested in its employees.
Pros
Some excellent people, location, work-life balance
Cons
Yearly lay-offs, management out of touch
Strong Mission
Associate (Former Employee) –  MAJuly 25, 2018
Strong Mission
Some examples of good leadership
Don't always recognize good talent
Regularly look for the next best thing instead of developing the talent they already have
Hologic - A great place to work
Sr. Director (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 2, 2018
During my tenure at Hologic I found the company a great place to work. management was demanding while also allowing for work life balance. Management set realistic expectations and really worked with employees to solve issues as they arose.
coporate environment with mom/pop shop feel
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 2, 2018
the corporate structure was well maintained. My direct bosses still tried to keep the little mom/pop shop environment going. It was a great company to work for and they allowed me to grow and learn.
Mellow Work Environment
Clinical Finance Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 26, 2018
Pretty mellow work place, doesn't seem to be micro management going on. Most people here seem to work hard and are really smart. There are a ton of temporary employees. Managers in my department are understanding, but work is the priority. Not many department related events/functions though. There is a food cube people will bring snacks or breakfast to every now and then, that's about it.
It's a great place to work
Sr. Sales Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJune 21, 2018
After working myself up the corporate ladder from receptionist to Sales Training Coordinator, the sky was the limit. Constant acknowledgment from management is just another day there
Very desirable place to work.
CREDIT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJune 15, 2018
Great place to work but preferential treatment given to single moms over the older employees with either no kids or grown up kids.
Is good that it a Foosball table and hockey game to break up the day.
Has flexible hours and ability to work from home which many people take advantage of.
Pros
Upper Management has the good of the employees in their actions.
Cons
Some preferential treatment given to employees.
If you love contract positions, Hologic is for you!
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  GCD2June 13, 2018
Schedule is flexible which is nice, but just be aware that you will be a forever contract employee. Which means no health benefits, no medical insurance or dental, or vision.

No vacation time, and you will receive the state minimum 3 days of sick leave.
Loved my coworkers
Process Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 8, 2018
Certain people would act like your friend but than talk abut you behind your back. The entire management staff was let go during a reorganization. Even the VP was let go.
Benefits
Cons
Good company depending on department and division
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMay 30, 2018
Good company if you are in the right division. Great people, hard workers. Culture is corporate, but not stuffy.
Most enjoyable part was co-workers.
Hardest part was layoffs of very veteran employees over the last couple of years.
Pros
Good benefits, great insurance (BC/BS), good starting vacation time
Cons
Department Managers very varied in experience
A decent place to work
Incoming Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 23, 2018
I really enjoyed the work, but the environment/culture was very difficult to navigate..
It was fine to gain skills and do something I enjoyed. The hours were long initially, but they were doable. I had a good manager who was willing to help and be a good support person.The hardest part of the job was circumventing constant drama, which makes it challenging to work.
Great Place to Work
Global Medical Affairs Associate (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAApril 22, 2018
Team players, collaborative, motivating, rewarding. Fast-paced environment, love the culture, pay rates could better, have to really fight for it and support with fact
a Good Place to work and travel
Field Service Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 20, 2018
Hologic is a good place for seasoned engineers that like to work together and keep all instrumentation working a seamless as possible.
Hardest part of everything was such tight deadlines for everything.
Pros
Good Money/Good People
Cons
Some Odd Fashion Thinking, a lot of management confusion

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hologic. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss