Holston Medical Group Employee Reviews

Worked there because I had too , now I don’t !!!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJanuary 5, 2019
Poor management and too much drama. A group of back stabbers. Worked for this company for over 10 years and I had never been so disrespected . No leadership . Talking about patients where others could hear. So many Hippa violations . Having to listen to a couple of coworkers talk about personal things and a manager that had a reputation of being involved with patients . After 10 years I received a total of A little over three dollars in raises. The company does not care about their employees .
Review of HMG
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bristol seasons obgynDecember 27, 2018
This is the worst place I have ever worked! I have never been treated with so much disrespect and I have worked at a verity of places.
I had no structure to my training, I was half trained and when I made mistakes they would get really rude with me especially the nurses.
They made horrible remarks about patients behind their backs.
HMG not only lost me as a employee but they also lost menasa patient.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Rude, hateful, horrible management
Overworked, rude co-workers
LPN (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNAugust 10, 2018
I worked as an LPN for one of their clinic sites. The place was super busy, co-workers were rude and hateful, VERY short lunch breaks. Lunch breaks are pretty much non-existent. Management has nothing to do with "hands on care" and sit at their desks hiding. No room for job advancement. Management chose favorites (people with little training/experience compared to others) for clinic lead positions. 8 hour work shifts turned in to 10 hour work shifts, etc.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Rude co-workers, short lunch, super fast paced enviroment with no breaks
good employer
A/R Billing Clerk TN Care and VA Medicaid (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJuly 10, 2018
employer cares about its employees, competitive pay and benefits, offices in multiple locations so there is one close to you. hours can be flexible at the urgent care locations
benefits
Cons
Good company to work for.
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Weber City, VAJune 26, 2018
Good communication within the organization. Supportive of employees. Flexible with time worked. Salary based on productivity after first year of employment.
management issues
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMay 24, 2018
do not work here if you will need to be absent for any sickness or surgery you will be terminated and advised you are rehire-able which is a lie - they will not hire you back. the supervisors and HR management is not up to par - need better control of management
Review
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Duffield, VAMay 10, 2018
I worked at HMG for 9 years and never got on full time. They would use me as a float but not pay me float pay. I got really tired of traveling and not getting the extra pay that other floats got.
Office nursing
Office Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMarch 29, 2018
Do not work here if you have any opinions that do not conform to the ideas of management. Raises have not been given in about 5 years. No time to be able to do anything other than the bare minimum for your patients.
Pros
I absolutely love the provider that I work with and my patients
Cons
micro management, poor pay, favoritism and double standards towards employees by management.
Multi tasker
Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNMarch 19, 2018
Working for 6 doctors from check in to check out, referral clerk for several locations, making appointments through out the group for different doctors
Good practice to gain experience with
Radiation safety officer, nuclear med tech (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNFebruary 2, 2018
Just because one is a doctor doesn’t make him a good manager. The place was new and going through growing pains.
A new young girl who didn’t even have supervisory experience was suddenly replacing a seasoned manager.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Mismanagement
Scan clerk
SCAN CLERK (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNJanuary 21, 2018
Captured alot of information working in the scanning department and understanding how important it is to have documents go into the corret placEment of patient files.
Overall good place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJanuary 17, 2018
Some of the doctors are required to see too many patients, for the amount of time that is allotted for each patient, not the best of quality time.
If a doctor is very thorough can't see a pt in 15 minutes or can't see 30 patients a day. shouldn't have to be this way.
Bad place to work
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNDecember 2, 2017
Management is worthless. They don't listen to concerns. They value dishonesty and devalue hard work. You have no chance for advancement. 30 open positions..think about it.
Pros
Coworkers and patients
Don't work here
LPN (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNAugust 23, 2017
Horrible place to work. The management is awful. They treat their nurses horrendously. No sick time, so if you get sick at any point they take your PTO then write you up for calling in sick, even if they are the ones who sent you home. The harder you work and the more skills you possess the worse they treat you. No room for advancement and they lie about raises.
Pros
The providers and certain co-workers made going in every day ok
Cons
Everything else
Hard working employees helping patients with their health care.
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNAugust 22, 2017
Company trying to grow with todays ever changing health care market. That has advanced in the last couple of years with the ever changing market keeping up with todays lifestyles.
Pros
25 % reduction on your medical bill.
Cons
No breaks
Struggle
LPN (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJuly 24, 2017
The patients are wonderful! The coworkers are great, the DR.s are fantastic. Management is severely lacking. No motivation, biased, constantly expecting more work but to cut hours to save the company money.
Bad place to work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJuly 16, 2017
No one stands a chance. They lie to you in the beginning. Not honest at all. Nurse lead kept turmoil going with her stupidity! Lots of drama blaming others for their own short comings. Benefits were a joke PTO a joke. Not honest at all
Pros
1hr lunch
Cons
Management is a joke favoritism no raises
Low morale and motivation within HMG.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  TNJuly 12, 2017
HMG does not offer true opportunities for advancement. Managers control their employees' internal transfer and promotion opportunities. They do not provide incentives for the individuals that excel on the job. As an employee of HMG an individual is not given a raise based on their employee review. The company or department gets a certain percentage raise (example 1 or 2%) across the board. Individuals are not given raises or compensated based on their personal performance.
Could be great
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNJuly 10, 2017
Lacks experienced upper management which has led to reduction in benefits and time. Promises of getting better with raises and better benefits. Has never happened.
Office Nurse, LPN (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNMay 4, 2017
It is a good and stable work place,with excellent benefits,it has a very professional work atmosphere.coworkers are very kind and considerate,I would like to return to work there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holston Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Holston Medical Group Reviews by Location