Holston Valley Medical Center Employee Reviews

energetic atmosphere with very caring co-workers working together as a Team.
E. R Admissions Rep (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNApril 16, 2019
Everyday I worked I was in an energetic atmosphere with very caring co-workers working together as a Team in order to represent the Hospital and its Company Name. Patients and there families attitude at times made it not the most enjoyable experience.
Great plave to work
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNApril 4, 2019
Fair, great coworkers and management, adequate staff, ability to grow in career field. Bonus available, adequate break times. Excellent patient care. Open door policy.
Pros
Fair pay, paid vacation, great management
Cons
Can be stressful at times
Solid pharmacy Residency
Pharmacy Practice Resident (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNFebruary 8, 2019
I have thoroughly enjoyed spending my time as a PGY1 pharmacy practice resident at HVMC. The pharmacy department is one of the most welcoming and warm group of people. The experiences I have received here have greatly increased my clinical knowledge, experience, and confidence
Good place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNDecember 7, 2018
I loved my job at holston valley all my co workers were very friendly and helpful. The pay was only min wage like most jobs are now days that's really the only problem I had with it.
change in culture
RN (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNOctober 18, 2018
This hospital has had a change in culture since merging with another system. There have been over 30 nurses who have left just on the unit I work on. Moral is horrible because staff is being pulled to floors they have never worked on before because the administration will not get travelers to fill the gaps.

Nurse to patient ratios have gone up due to all of the staff that has left. This causes patients to be short changed in the care they are receiving.
Pros
teamwork on the unit
Cons
retention is horrible
Love it
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNSeptember 17, 2018
I have worked at HVMC for 8 years. It is a wonderful place to work. I have worked in a few departments there and everyone is friendly. Great team work.
great place if you are an RN
LPN (Former Employee) –  6th floorSeptember 16, 2018
LPN for over 6 yrs and was laid off. now cannot be hired back unless you are enrolled in RN school, but don't offer anything other than tuition reimbursement.
Stressful
Patient Sitter (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNAugust 24, 2018
I was a Patient Sitter. The pay was very low and the hours long. Most of the time I was lucky to get 1 short 30 minute lunch break for a 12 hour shift. Most of the other staff wouldn't acknowledge me. If they did it was to treat me poorly because my job wasn't as respected as their job title.
Pros
Paid Time Off
Cons
No Breaks, Long Hours, Low Pay
work place
PCT/Secretary (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJune 28, 2018
The hardest part of the job has to be seeing the patients in critical conditions, but on the other hand one of the best parts is seeing the patients recover. I have learned so many different things since I have worked in this hospital. It is hard to give my opinion on management at this time with all the new Ballad Health stuff going on, so many things are changing.
Pros
PTO time, good hours
Cons
short break, under staffed
Case Management
Internship (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJune 18, 2018
I would go in and go to morning meeting. I then would print of face sheets so that I can do an assessment on the patients who have been their 24-48 hours. I would enter notes into the computer so that we could set up with physicians doe discharge planning.
Great place to learn and work
RN (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMay 14, 2018
I enjoyed working at wellmont. I learned a great deal about my profession prior to continuing my education. I would recommend wellmont to other practitioners.
Not What I was told in Interview
Patient Care Tech and Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMay 2, 2018
Nearly nothing of what I was told in the interview actually came to be. Started out excited to be in the medical field and got let down by other staffs behavior and attitude.
good place to work
Registered Nurse, Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNApril 12, 2018
I enjoyed working at Holston Valley Medical Center. I have been there consistently for seven years. I started on med/surg, went to endoscopy, and then ICU. Very happen with the employment there.
exciting, fun, friendly
PCT- Patient Care Tech/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Emergency RoomJanuary 7, 2018
I enjoyed coming to work everyday and it was always very exciting. understaffed at times but nurses were very willing to jump in and lend a helping hand and teach me things. I miss this job very much and hated I had to move away for my husbands job.
dont care about staff
Critical care nurse (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNDecember 8, 2017
they dont care about their staff. they dont care about patients. its all aboput the money. only 3 paid holidays a year. lack of team work. employee meals to expensive. not enough help. staff not utalized properly.
Pros
large company
Cons
to many to wright
terrible
PCT (Patient Care Technician)/ Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNNovember 12, 2017
Nurses are rude and think they are better than anyone less than them. They refuse to help when asked, they put themselves before patients, and PCT's are ran to death.
Pros
insurance
Cons
not enough breaks, rude co workers
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNNovember 2, 2017
Management is two faced and will lie directly to your face. The pay is terrible and the staffing sucks. Many floors are on mandatory overtime for nurses and nursing assistants. The most enjoyable part of the day is when you get to go home.
very good support from management
RN (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNOctober 27, 2017
enjoyed working for Holston Valley and Bristol Regional Medical Center. They worked with me with my schedule and was very cordial people to work for. The staff was wonderful especially the clinical leaders. I would work for them again.
Very busy and stressful, great people and doctors to work with
Radiologic Technologist, Registered (RT(R)) (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNOctober 19, 2017
Great people to work with, the management not so great, didn't really seem to know or care about employees. Also as for the size and amount of exams the pay is in the some of the lowest percentiles in the country.
Great Opportunity
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNSeptember 14, 2017
One of the few places where you have the ability to take CBL (Computer Based Classes) to better yourself and learn not just health care related studies but specialized studies as well.
Pros
Ability to learn, meet new people
Cons
None to speak of.