Holston Valley Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Case Management
Internship (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJune 18, 2018
I would go in and go to morning meeting. I then would print of face sheets so that I can do an assessment on the patients who have been their 24-48 hours. I would enter notes into the computer so that we could set up with physicians doe discharge planning.
Great place to learn and work
RN (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMay 14, 2018
I enjoyed working at wellmont. I learned a great deal about my profession prior to continuing my education. I would recommend wellmont to other practitioners.
Not What I was told in Interview
Patient Care Tech and Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMay 2, 2018
Nearly nothing of what I was told in the interview actually came to be. Started out excited to be in the medical field and got let down by other staffs behavior and attitude.
good place to work
Registered Nurse, Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNApril 12, 2018
I enjoyed working at Holston Valley Medical Center. I have been there consistently for seven years. I started on med/surg, went to endoscopy, and then ICU. Very happen with the employment there.
exciting, fun, friendly
PCT- Patient Care Tech/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Emergency RoomJanuary 7, 2018
I enjoyed coming to work everyday and it was always very exciting. understaffed at times but nurses were very willing to jump in and lend a helping hand and teach me things. I miss this job very much and hated I had to move away for my husbands job.
dont care about staff
Critical care nurse (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNDecember 8, 2017
they dont care about their staff. they dont care about patients. its all aboput the money. only 3 paid holidays a year. lack of team work. employee meals to expensive. not enough help. staff not utalized properly.
Pros
large company
Cons
to many to wright
terrible
PCT (Patient Care Technician)/ Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNNovember 12, 2017
Nurses are rude and think they are better than anyone less than them. They refuse to help when asked, they put themselves before patients, and PCT's are ran to death.
Pros
insurance
Cons
not enough breaks, rude co workers
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNNovember 2, 2017
Management is two faced and will lie directly to your face. The pay is terrible and the staffing sucks. Many floors are on mandatory overtime for nurses and nursing assistants. The most enjoyable part of the day is when you get to go home.
Very busy and stressful, great people and doctors to work with
Radiologic Technologist, Registered (RT(R)) (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNOctober 19, 2017
Great people to work with, the management not so great, didn't really seem to know or care about employees. Also as for the size and amount of exams the pay is in the some of the lowest percentiles in the country.
Great Opportunity
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNSeptember 14, 2017
One of the few places where you have the ability to take CBL (Computer Based Classes) to better yourself and learn not just health care related studies but specialized studies as well.
Pros
Ability to learn, meet new people
Cons
None to speak of.
Fast pace
Customer Support Tech - Material Management (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TN 37660September 11, 2017
on the go right after you clock in 30 mins lunch break. your rest breaks not always be able to take it. Work load increases through out the week. less benefits, no longer giving bonuses,
Pros
hospital will be their
Cons
they will always try to reduce your benefits
Good Training
Med. Surg. Technician/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNSeptember 6, 2017
Is a good experience o work for them and they do offer great training, Co-workers are very nice and do give you a pat on the back if you go above and beyond the call of duty.
Pros
day goes fast
Cons
your very tiered when you leave.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNSeptember 1, 2017
I loved working at this hospital, however I did relocate and moved back to NC. I learned a lot working there in PACA and pre-admissions. So intriguing to be in a hospital setting
Pros
learning experience
Cons
It was in a different state
Great manager
RN (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNAugust 29, 2017
Brenda Edwards was an angel. She quit and went to case management. Coworkers were ok.. some cut throat witches but that's anywhere you go. CNAs were terrible. Sat at the desk looking at their phones. Useless an a fur coat in Florida. The equipment was in poor condition, but again-- that's everywhere. It wasn't bad for a new nurse. Overall, it was a good experience. I'm glad I worked there.
Pros
Variety of experiences
Cons
lousy CNAs
good culture
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNAugust 25, 2017
great for new nurses. teaching hospital. learned time management & how to work in a fast paced environment. the patient turnover was quick. had experience with ventilated patients, drips, etc
Dietary (current employee)
Dietary (current employee) (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJuly 21, 2017
will not hire smokers/ supervisors don't know how to do the jobs of the employees and seem to cause constant drama and talk down to or about other employees/ insurance is good/ 12 hour shifts with 10min breaks and a 30 min lunch
Pros
insurance and benifits
Cons
supervisors/pay/long shifts
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJuly 19, 2017
I've worked as a PCT there for a little over a year now as PRN. I enjoy the people I work with and everyone is very team oriented. I'm not afraid to ask for help when I need it. The pay isn't bad at all as PRN, I tried to go full time after I obtained my CNA certification and I was going to get a pay cut, ended up being lower pay than before I got my CNA. But you win some, you lose some. Overall, it's a great place to work.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Pay cuts from PRN to full time
Good job skills
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMay 30, 2017
Loved working there, but management and RN 's treat you like you're nothing. And will put as much work on you as possible. Even doing work that's not your job to do.
Pros
Caring for patients and family6
Cons
Treating bad by management and nurses.
AKA Hellmont
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNApril 12, 2017
This place does not care about their nurses or patients. They are only concerned with making money and working their nurses short. Their management team is under educated and try to turn the staff against eachother. I would move cross country before I would work for this organization again.
Pros
Cons
Degrading work
If you do not have stress, you will finally obtain it here
EKG Technician (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNFebruary 26, 2017
A typical day is not good at all hardly.
I learned that the medical field is not what it is cracked up to be especially with the government and insurance companies so involved in everything,
management is terrible.
workplace culture is not one to mention.
hardest part of the job is leaving and knowing you have to come back for the next shift.
most enjoyable part of this job is leaving.
Pros
Cons
everything