HOLT CAT

HOLT CAT Employee Reviews

HOLT CAT insights

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Stable Company

Stable company most employees have been their over 10 years plus. Great employee recognition Thanksgiving dinner for employees paid by company. Benefits and vacation time begin day one. Training was not the best you learned as you go no growth within my department. Male dominated environment and culture. They look for ways to make sure employees are healthy by having medical professionals come to the job to give yearly exams.

Pros

Great Benefits and retirement match

Cons

Pay was below average

Fun work place

I was a welder mechanic, I did alot of everything involved in the dragline. The pay was ok just the travel was the bad thing for me. I have a family that cannot travel with me.

Pros

Per diem

Cons

Gone all the time

The work & career path is strongly determined by the Manager & Division

New owners have a lot of great ideas and are determined to push forward to diversify the company. The drawback is the middle managers who hoard knowledge, do their best to keep salaries at a low, and worst of all they fear anyone coming up that might look better than they do. There are quite a few folks just hanging on for retirement. It is fairly easy to jump from one area to another (after staying a year). However, there is some kind of unwritten rule that says the new salary can't be a large jump from the old salary. (which is crazy since its a completely different role) My advice, make sure your starting salary is fair to the market because increases are pretty minimal after that. Its great to be the new guy but after 5, 10, 15 years had to see newbies with less experience come in with higher salaries. Standardization across job roles is almost non-existent. They have some of the most screwed up job titles & definitions - I don't know if that is on purpose or to avoid paying market value on skill sets. Watch for the ace up the sleeve moves like you get a 1000 Christmas bonus that comes out of the profit sharing you would normally receive anyway in April. Vesting takes 6 years and match is at 3% (when its there) . On the plus side, the Accidental Death coverage is paid for by the company. Dental and Health plans are top notch and really work out ok if you are a single person, for a family not so much.

Pros

safety, values based, CEO's care & love us, some of the best people work her

Cons

pay, behind the curve on benefits, Mgrs below CEO often just pay lip service, some of the craziest people work heree to CEO...

Great benefits and pay along with the people. There will always be “those individuals” but management is great and pay along with benefits is really good as well.

Pros

Plenty room for growth

Cons

Time to move up

Great experience

Holt cat is a great place to wrench for. I believe the pay advancement needs some work but overall it is a fun and rewarding place to work for. They do have great benefits.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Bad management

I did not enjoy working for the company. Management we’re looking out for themselves and not the employees. Their training with sub par. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Great Company

Room for advancement, management is easy to get along with and welcoming to ideas. Great training opportunities (if you can get them approved). Promotes within, when possible.

Pros

Advancement and training

Cons

Forced to work a lot of OT in some departments

Good leaening but alot of politics

Working there was very good at the start. Lived going to work every day, pay was fair. The biggest downside was management politics would always bleed down to the techs. Also safety was said to be a big priority yet at the same time I was repeatedly told to do things a certain way that I knew were dangerous and against guidelines.

Holt is a great company to work for with great people with an easy-going atmosphere

Holt offers great opportunities within the company and lots of room for advancement and the opportunity to grow with a great company. Unfortunately compensation could use improvements most definitely in most cases as most people work extremely hard and do an amazing job. Holt is a great place and could lead to a life long career and endless possibilities.

Pros

There is always great opportunity for advancement and career change opportunities within the company

Cons

Easy-going atmosphere however pay is a little on the lower side

Good benefits

401k match and profit sharing are great. Pay is typically great raises could be far better and more fair. Management does not always keep best interest in mind.

Jobs at HOLT CAT

See more jobs

Left to flounder

There is no training. Supervisor was more interested in there personal life than their employees. Use any time you get as you will not get paid for it if you leave. Very few paid holidays and benefits are not the best.... Medical is expensive but you do have options. Of all the jobs I've had this was the second worse.

Pros

You have medical options and there are some benefits.

Cons

Few benefits, 5 holidays, no support from supervisors

Company doesn't care about individuals, only making money

I quickly learned they only cared about making money instead of helping employees get the help to do the job safe. Osha standards are thrown out the window in order to get the job done cheaply for the company

Pros

a job

Cons

micromanaging with bad mgmt and unsafe job practices

Avoid this place at all costs

As working in the parts warehouse you have your fair share of nepotism, conflicts of interest and everything under the category of shadiness. The supervisors starting with with regional mangers where beyond self centered. Then we have the warehouse manager who takes it upon himself to be so self indulged in all of the broken promises and lies that his subordinates such as his leads feed him. The team leads are all too busy up in each others cheese so to speak that they dont even qualify as leads but more so lead ons. They talk a big game but dont back up anything because they are too self involved in their personal lifes to know what work is any more. The parts cashier is a bitter old woman who loves to instigate drama. We also have human resources and their endless cycle of snobs and rats who the minute an employee comes to them with a complaint about management somehow is given disciplinary action from their supervisors not even hours later. Job seeker beware! If you want to keep your sanity never and i mean never work with this materialistic lowlife employer.

Cons

Supervision. Human resources.

People-centric Environment

Great work environment! I learned the importance of intangible skills vs years of experience in profession. I am thankful for the opportunity to work there.

Fun workplace

In the department that I worked in, it was a team effort. Everyone worked together to complete all the tasks. Even when someone needed help or advice, the assistance was there.

Pros

Comfortable working environment

Cons

Good Work place, not enough pay or hours.

I like working at Holt. The people are great. The training is awesome. The downside is the pay. Mainly the hours they allow us to work. a 40 hour week doesn't allow for much but if we go over, it looks bad on us as employees.

Pros

Work/Home ;life schedule

Cons

Not enough work hours to make decent living

Management sucked

The company sucked the supervisor also sucked because they’re located in San Antonio there was no advancement in the company for drivers. The pay was ok but nothing to write home about

Pros

Check

Cons

Night shift

Values Based Leadership

The owners and Management all look out for all the employees safety. They are very good about keeping us informed on current situations, good and bad.

No respect

Great benefits and several good folk at this company. Only thing is how management operates is very poor. They have been “properly evaluating everyone” but in actuality they don’t want to give anybody a raise. I was told that I could move up if I finished training but never even finished it since I was fired for no true reason. Company is losing money due to management and blame it on others with minor positions and expel them to save themselves. Not all is bad but pretty sure there are better places somewhere else.

Benefits

Cons

Pay, management

Management inconsistent.

Management is very inconsistent with their message and change it often to fit their need. They will break their word often. Performance reviews are a joke.

Ok place

More ups than downs. But, there's a lot of favoritism. I think everyone should be treated equal. Other than that, it's a great place to work and learn

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HOLT CAT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare HOLT CAT with