Holtec International

Holtec International Employee Reviews

United States67 reviews
Stay away or leave while you can. Leave while you still have your dignity and pride because they will strip you of that each day little by little until you are about to get to your 7th year of employment with them and 3 weeks vacation and then they will lay you off one day out of the blue for no reason other than they are "down sizing". They shipped out 70 percent of our work we did for around 15 to 20 years at that location. Now they are shipping away employees to the unemployment line.
Just an awful place. The CEO came here 2 years ago and said, in as many words "Your jobs aren't going anywhere." The layoffs began less than a year later. The work itself isn't bad. And the hourly workers are mostly a good bunch. But management, from the top on down, is the most soulless, despicable, two faced, backstabbing bunch of snakes I have ever run across.
Management hard to work with
Management Can't follow their own rules

Camera's on the ceiling and they watch from marlton New Jersey.

No sick days,can only miss three days in a year before being written up for attendance
The work is very detailed-oriented. Coworkers are very friendly and supportive. The training makes it easy to get up to speed and learn quickly. Upper management is very organized and supportive.
Constant pressure to get jobs completed, even at the risk of something going wrong. constant why didn't you get this done attitude, management does little to assist daily activities. If you decide to work here during your interview process negotiate the best pay scale you can, there will be little money to get afterwards. Also dont plan on advancing through the ranks.

Although pretty cool stuff we build, and Good 401k, health benefits are good, And your peer group is great.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
A Typical day at work includes setting up my work area, followed by gathering my work orders. After work orders are gathered i set up the Plasma table to begin cutting the required materials for the current work day.
I was pretty excited to join the company but gradually realized how things actually work here. Lack of training is the biggest drawback. Work becomes overwhelming espcially when you have loads of responsibilities and you lack the required guidance/ training. It's difficult to understand the needs of everyone and most of the managers or senior level employees will assume that you already know everything about the company within 4-5 months of your working there. There's rarely any appreciation from anyone and that just makes it worse. Pay is a joke, so be prepared to work more for less rewards. Work is good since I get to learn new things everyday and I think that is the only advantage. Managers don't seem to care what the employees do. They have flexible work hours but the bunch of clueless managers and the overall disorganized company structure just makes it worse !
You can make a lot of money with lots of overtime opportunities. Opportunities to travel to other markets to work. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
The work is interesting and cool as heck. I was a machinist 1. pay was $27.69. but went higher as you advanced. I left shortly after i got my 90 days. I was in and had it all. Well here's what happened to me. The management was cut throat and a few of the fellow machinists brothers were also. not all. you really had to watch your back there. I knew how to operate the fanuk controls on the 4 machines but each control was special to that machine.The programmer was a pompous windbag that couldn't program a his way out of a wet paper bag. but needs to stay at the sister plant in Candin. N.J. where they are sending all the stainless steel work to. and eventually planning on phase out the Pittsburgh plant. to run a coarse of 2 years. I was too smart knew too much and could not fit in. i tried to pretend I was a dummy. but they knew I knew things. The name of the game is BLAME it on the new guy. I was not about to be the patsy for some one else's mistakes. that is what that place is famous for. then SAFETY. OIL leaked out the machines every where like a hidden mountain spring. The place burdened you with safety this and that and oil was tracked everywhere, unbelievable. Guess oil was cheap to them. I could go on and on about the place but I quit a job paying me $28.00 hour because they would not let me edit the program and had me about to snap from the stress. $40. per hour not enough.
Pros
3 paid free personal days off
Cons
management and their ways
It Was a temp job
ppl were very friendly & nice meet lots of new friends would have like to have stayed longer on the assignment will try to apply internally
You get thrown to the fire quick, so you better learn. The work is generally fascinating so I enjoyed that, but the system is archaic, training is nonexistant, and compensation is poor, at best, for the work you perform and value you bring to the company.
I currently work there as a welder. I'm only 20 and started there at 17. Good place to kick off your career, and the nuclear name will look good on a resume I'm sure. First time being in a shop environment but what I've noticed is that you gotta be real friendly with upper management if you wanna advance and favoritism is a big problem there
Many of the executives are related to each other and do not develop employees. They have a practice of hiring inexperienced engineers and not supporting them. These engineers usually burn out in less than 2 years.
Pros
Attractive facilities
Cons
Work culture isnt too bad as long as you do your job right and well your a good employee. If you have the experience when coming into this company, you shouldn't have any issues with the work. Always follow the paper work!
Pros
Good pay
The union doesn't have your back the management besides few. Are completely worthless upper management is basically out to get you and safety is ok
The work is easy there were 4 welding shops now only 3 don't hold your breath there not hiring they laid of 27 people said they were going to call them back in 2 months that was like 3 months ago.
learn how to multitask also was able to learn more about
wind turbins . The work place was a warehouse a atmosphere

wind turbins being manufacture.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
poor manager
I wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone, you are belittled every single day . They make you feel like you aren’t worth anything . HR doesn’t really do much to help neither . Management is a joke , it’s a bunch of hicks from Pittsburgh that have no clue on what they are doing . The white hats they wear are actually squashed down dunce hats .
Pros
Free water when it’s hot out
Cons
Literally everything
Managed by the same people from Pittsburgh plant but they preach to you that isn’t the culture they want they have rules for everything and they ignore them when necessary Management is in conflict with themselves constantly
Horrible company to work for. Everybody is replaceable to them. Management is horrible pay is pretty good for shop work. If you can deal with the bs and getting treated like garbage this is the perfect place for you. You witness more people leaving then they hire.
Pros
Cons
everything
All management is a joke...I was one of the first employees at the Camden site....we all were sold fools gold.....They preached to us about starting a new culture.....But that wasnt the case at all....management seeks out and takes advantage of lesser skilled employees to do their dirty work and promises them promotions if they brown nose and try to get dirt on any employee they deem a threat to them or are highly skilled .....All management including HR are soo under qualified to the point where they feel threatened by highly skilled employees....They PREACH having a positive culture but do the total opposite.....Its all lies and a smokescreen.....All management treats the hourly employees like third class citizens...example...before the Camden plant opened holtec holds an extravagant Christmas party with ice sculptures and high and food and drink.....but the first Christmas after the Camden plant opened none of the hourly employees were invited.....only after we all made it clear how we felt...they scrambled and had a makeshift luncheon at a old rundown low end restaurant.....They actually limited what we ate and drank.....THIS PLACE IS A SINKING SHIP......SOUTH JERSEY GAS STOPPED SUPPLYING THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE ALWAYS LATE PAYING.....I WOULD RATHER DIG A DITCH FOR LOW PAY THEN WORK THERE....YEAH ITS THAT BAD....!!!...YOU ALL BEEN WORNED!!!!!....
Pros
Cons
Hourly employees are treated like 3rd class citizens...basically dirt....
I started as a welder with little experience and learned alot from alot of helpful people. This is a production job but safety first and quality over quantity. Management can be better but im an excellent communicator so i don't have many issues as others
Pros
Pay, fun work, always learning, care about safety
Cons
Communication between managment, supervisors and workers.