Holtec International Employee Reviews

Good pay, cool coworkers and not to fast paste. Take ya time n get it right.
Welder/Fitter (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 28, 2019
I started as a welder with little experience and learned alot from alot of helpful people. This is a production job but safety first and quality over quantity. Management can be better but im an excellent communicator so i don't have many issues as others
Pros
Pay, fun work, always learning, care about safety
Cons
Communication between managment, supervisors and workers.
Steer clear
Weld shaver,tech ops. (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJApril 25, 2019
Management by far was terrible. Many ex drill sergeant s with no life experience outside the military. They need competent people who know their jobs at management level..
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 19, 2019
They grind through employees with no regard to quality of life and long term stability while there. The company will most likely leave the pgh area and if they are not, you couldn’t tell that by corporate actions and hiring and firing practices. HR comes across as if they hate the hourly employee, most likely due to the self proclaimed “union buster” that is head of HR.
Worked for holtec for many long year's
Union employee (Current Employee) –  Turtle Creek, PAFebruary 28, 2019
Pro pay is pretty good for welders and burn table operator's as well as machinest. 401k with a 5 percent match. Up to 3 week's of vacation time. The shop floor guy's are great to work with and help each other out. Middle management is hit or miss tend tend not to last long.

Con's over time is forced with little or no notice to employees. Health insurance company is one no one has heard of so finding a place that takes it is fun. Upper management expects work done in an unrealistic time frame and they can't get the paperwork right and blame the low guy on the list. A quote of upper management "management is never wrong" it doesn't matter what the the problem was or who created it. There is very little to no room for employees to advance and make more money or learn new skill. Equipment is poorly maintained and will not buy the proper tooling to do job's in a timely manner.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Forced overtime, lack of vacation
Do not work here
Quality (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJFebruary 21, 2019
This company upper management only cares about money and profits. The environment that is created trying to meet deadlines is horrible. Everyone here cannot wait until 3:30 on Friday. Hostile and negative work environment. Employees are treated as a replaceable annoyance.
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
Management, hostile, negative, no incentives, treated like you mean nothing.
Stay away. You have been warned
Holtec International (Current Employee) –  Turtle Creek, PAFebruary 15, 2019
Stay away from this company. I worked here for almost 10 years and also was on the road crew for this company. Money is good but there is clicks here. If you aren't in the click your just another number. Advancement is based off of popularity, skill doesn't matter. This company would step over a million dollars just to save a dollar. Management is uneducated and if you like to be micromanaged then this is the place for you. The corporate CEO preaches teamwork and questioning attitude however upper management deems you a trouble maker for having a questioning attitude. Management bad mouths upper management to employees all the time and upper management keeps their managers miserable and that filters down to the employees. There good at making mistakes and blaming everyone else but them selves. No integrity here with management. Harassment from management is normal here and upper management loves it. If you complain your labeled trouble maker or fired.
Pros
The work is fun
Cons
work is repetitive, Management is the worst, Its like working in junior high, High volume of rumors, Skill isn't required but popularity is.
Was a great place to start out after school.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJanuary 13, 2019
Right out of college, I started at Holtec. I loved working there when I first started. The benefits are great, the location currently is great as well. Can not beat that view of the Delaware river. towards the end of my position at Holtec, I was in the position where I was the only person who did what I do. I was good at it and they liked my work. I was more or less left to my own devices. My experience is not typical of the majority of the company. Overall I was very happy working there and the people who work for this company, in the majority, are superb human beings who I would consider friends and family.
Pros
Healthcare, annual raises and reviews, great location with a great view, wonderful co-workers
Cons
Dental coverage was a little lacking.
no supervision noadvancement
Laborer/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJNovember 14, 2018
no supervision no advancement coworkers worst scumbags felt like working in a prison nothing to do 80% of the time but push a broom and then one of the many nonworking supers would tell tou to do some work machinery was always nonworking no one to fix it
Stressful work environment and tyrant leadership
WELDING ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 1, 2018
This company is a joke. The production of the product is over complicated and the management is cut throat for no reason. The culture is poor because everyone gets talked down to and made to feel like they are expendable. There is no intensive for leadership and the company is run by nepotism alone. It's a privately own company that makes simple nuclear products so they're making money no matter what.
There is no room for change at this company. You dont know anything unless you've worked here for more then 2 years and it's "This is how it's done because this is how we've been doing it."
You give respect here. It's not reciprocated.
Pros
New facility
Cons
Management has the wrong attitude
Overall good place to work
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJSeptember 26, 2018
Good working environment. Good people all around. Comfortable, well traveling positions available. Fast paced and fun for problem solving and well compensated for all your efforts.
Great place to learn
Corporate Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJSeptember 25, 2018
Holtec is a great place to learn. But there is lack of what is important. Short staffed it department which means you are able to work on items out of your skill set
Pros
Hands on
Cons
Lack of uper management
Pays well. Don't value, or invest in their employees.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Turtle Creek, PAJuly 13, 2018
If you like being micro-managed by a hostile tyrant, you'll love this place. It pays well, and doesn't look bad on a resume. Those are the only positives. You'd better not get sick, because they don't accept doctor's excuses. 7 call offs and you're fired. No matter what. They do give you paid vacation, but it takes a million years to get any meaningful amount. Glad I quit.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Literally everything except the pay.
Holtec is success, growing company with many opportunities for people to develop their skills
Sr. EH&S Representative (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJMay 22, 2018
Holtec provided me with an opportunity to prove myself and help develop others in positive manner, They have a beautiful, brand new facility that is getting better every day.
Pros
New facility, fitness center, beautiful view of Philadelphia skyline, development opportunities
Cons
Lack of critical infrastructure, average benefit and compensation package.
its a good company
Welder (Current Employee) –  CamdenMay 21, 2018
holtec hired me last year for a laborer. i got training to become a welder and now making ten more dollars an hour then last year. the supervisors work with you to teach you waht you dont kno
Pros
pay
Cons
lots of OT
Management blows.
Welder (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJMay 15, 2018
All the supervisors Threatens your job every day. Your a welder you grind,your a labor you get easy stuff to do. U mess up someone else fixes it ur mess up. They make you grind 10-12hrs aday and it’s fine nothing at all wrong with it. Way to many supervisors have there favorites and everyone else is garage in there eyes. Don’t come here you have been warned!!! Worst thing I did was start working here
Pros
Pay
Cons
Way to many.
Hostile and childish
Welder (Former Employee) –  Turtle Creek, PAMay 6, 2018
I work at holtec tir 60 days and got fired becuase the supervisor didnt like me. Sure the pay is good but it's worse than working in a high school. No one is willing to teach you. Supervisors say have a questioning attitude but you get in trouble for asking questions. I welded 1 time my days there. This place is a joke no communication between anybody
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
Learning experience
Accounting/Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJApril 25, 2018
Working at Holtec was a learning experience. I was responsible for payroll, accounts payable and receivable.

I learned a lot about incorporating companies and financial interests.
Employees are treated like prisioners
Laborer/Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Turtle Creek, PAApril 25, 2018
Awful management, no organization, worst place to work, hands down. Many injuries and accidents and safety does not fix safety issues. Overwork employees in unsafe and inhumane conditions for months on end to fill quotas that are federally unlawful. Unrealistic expectations and management that doesn't understand logic or rational communication and have an overabundance of lack of knowledge of the actual work being done by the workers.
Pros
not being there
Cons
everything
Great job for those starting out
Skilled Laborer (Current Employee) –  Turtle Creek, PAFebruary 25, 2018
This company has great benefits and potential to grow. For the shifts and the work hours that are required, the pay should be raised in my opinion, aside from that this work place is great. All included benefits package and the management in my opinion is the best I’ve seen so far.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low hourly starting rate
Great work environment with low stress and friendly atmosphere
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Turtle Creek, PAFebruary 22, 2018
Holtec is an employee oriented organization. The management was always open to our ideas for improving work processes and keeping us safe. They expected my best effort but allowed me to provide for my family. The hardest part of the job was the long hours, but it was a great opportunity to learn and gain experience in the industry.
Pros
Hourly Pay