Holy Cross Head Start Employee Reviews

balance work place and very supporting staff
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 10, 2018
I loved to work for this organization, their values and care for kids and theirfamilies makes a difference in the comunnity and in children develodment.
Pros
lunch and snacks provided
enjoy working with childrens and like learning new things
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 3, 2017
Like working with childrens and enjoy seeing them learn and pretend to be other people. I enjoy seeing them smile and try hard to learn new things. I know for the time I work with Holy Cross the kids are kind and willing to learn and explore new things. This are kids that will never give up in what they like to do. They are very loving and caring when it comes to feeling. I was surprise with some of them when it came to art work very talented kids.
Rewarding & Meaningful Job!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 23, 2015
This was my first teaching job out of college. It was a wonderful place to start my career and gain valuable experience working with children. Working with 3 & 4 year old children can be a challenge at times, but my co-workers and supervisors were always willing to help out when needed. I would definitely recommend Holy Cross Head Start as a place to work for teachers looking for valuable experience!
Unsupportive administration, no work life balance, abusive students, no discipline policy, backstabbing coworkers
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 16, 2015
One of the worst childcare locations I have ever worked. I went home several times a week with bruises from abusive students. There was no discipline and when I went to management about my concerns I was told the answer to being bruised by students was to "smother them with love". Students would get sent home for severe infractions but would be back the next day and back at the same infractions as well. My lead teacher and co-aide were quick to throw me under the bus to cover their own errors. We could not get coverage if a teacher or aide had to use the facilities until significantly later if at all which contributed to infections and dehydration by staff. The location manager was frequently offsite to attend to other locations despite them having their own site supervisors. The lead teacher was busy doing evaluations on the computer for students, and was frequently absent, this required me to be perform the role of teacher despite not being certified or paid as such. There was regular mandatory "volunteer" work required which often lasted several hours before and past my scheduled shift.
Pros
Pay scale was better than average, center was located in a youth center with a gym, which gave students a place to release energy during the winter months
Cons
unsupportive administration, abusive and violent students, long commute, mandatory volunteer work, backstabbing coworkers, lack of student discipline policy, to many layers of management, too many evaluative procedures which detracted from the teaching
Gave me experiance
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Buffalo NYOctober 3, 2013
This job really gave me experience in the receptionist area. I answered phones, checked and distributed postal mail and email. Attended meeting to take notes. Used all the office machines copier and fax. I mostly worked alone but the staff there was very friendly.
productive and good program for the children
Food Service Aide (Former Employee) –  150 maryland st ,buffalo ny 14201August 15, 2012
I really enjoyed working for this agency.great program for 3&4 years old children.staff is great .