Holy Cross Health Employee Reviews

great place to advance career
RN (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 13, 2018
worked with amazing staff. Many programs and resources to help advance nursing education. Utilized tuition assistance program and loan reimbursement program.
Poor Senior Leadership
Management (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 27, 2018
Micromanagement is high within the organization. Leadership lacks experience. Pay is fair in most positions. Benefits are great. Poor work life balance. Lacks innovation on many levels.
Benefits
Cons
Senior Leadership, Micromanagement, Lack of innovation and change
Poor staffing and poor management
RN (Current Employee) –  MDJune 13, 2018
I would not recommend HCGH to any new RN. I feel that new RN education is lacking and would set up a new RN for failure. Lots of overtime, and poor staffing. Management does not back up staff, poor work life balance. Location is good for anyone living near Frederick or parts of Montgomery County.
awesome place to work
Telephone Operator (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 3, 2018
Your voice is heard. The staff is very diverse, which makes a very interesting place to work. Managers will chip in and help when there is a need...NO SHAME and NO HESITATION!!!!
Pros
working together
Cons
none at this time
ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 25, 2018
it could have been better working here but some employees that were not welcoming or friendly. it was great working with the patients and being able to put a smile on their face though they were sick
workplace cultyre
Telemetry RN (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 12, 2018
I had worked for a year in this institution but never felt belonged in this community. Few staff were helpful. No Team work. Work assignment was unbalanced.
woderful place to work at
Pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 9, 2018
The holycross hospital is a good place to work at, the team is so friendly and the workflow is not bad at all. Employee security is one of their priority and the management is good.
Pros
Free parcking, employee discount at the restaurant...
Cons
Schedule not stable, too much rotating.
Overall a good place to work
Maternal Newborn Nurse (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 7, 2018
I work in Maternity Suites, this hospital delivers the most babies in the DMV area so at times the nurse to patient ratio can be a bit much. Turnover rate is high. But what makes my day the most enjoyable is making a difference with mothers and their newborns.
Good for entry level hospital experience
Surgical Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 7, 2018
Holy Cross Hospital is very good at hiring people with little to no experience at all and making the seasoned level employees train them. There is little to no career advancement and the salary is below market rate.
This was my ideal place to work, fun and exciting in a relaxed calm setting....
CASH POSTING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MarylandApril 29, 2018
Holy Cross was a fun, quiet place to work. The Managers were very understanding and helpful. I posted each day along with checks and balance. It was informative and very exciting to learn.
Pros
People, work flexibility
Cons
I cannot think of any currently. I really enjoyed the environment..
It's a fun place to work
CLINICAL NURSE/CHARGE NURSE (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 14, 2018
It a very busy hospital but provider excellent learning opportunity for staff and never lack supply to do your work. Maintain just culture, management is really excellent and approachable
Pros
Employee benefits are excellent
Cons
Busy place to wrokr
Holy Cross
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 11, 2018
AS a professional RN nurse working at Holy cross Hospital in Postpartum unit I felt fulfilled helping patient and their children, and I always got a smile in my heart when patient come back to thank me and bring their children . Nursing is a calling, it is not a career. The reward of nursing , come from seeing patients recover and not only move on with their lives but integrate healthy meaningful changes that impact the rest of their lives.
Intern - Project Associate (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 9, 2018
Very good work environment and team members are very supportive of each other. Work load is fair also without the added presense of a strict supervisor always pushing you.
Pros
Good Team Members
job summary
Phlebotomist (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 9, 2018
my day at work is lovely I learn a lot every single day I learn how to manage everyday. my work place culture is very good the hardest part of the job
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 9, 2018
I loved working in the ER. You meet new people everyday and we worked as a team. Helping patients and other staff members get patient registered and processed for treatment.
Pros
Never a duel moment
Cons
N/a
Holy Cross is a good job I was Working in Labor and Delivery
Patient Registration II (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 7, 2018
It was good experience to be working in Holy Cross
All the time is so busy and I have several responsibilities because
I was working night shift and I didn't have any Manager or Supervisor Support me in the area and I have to be able to solve all
the problems I could have during my time shift every night.
Holy Cross Germantown Hospital
Surgical Services Charge Analyst (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDApril 6, 2018
Extremely poor management

The staff are fantastic but because there is poor management/leadership, it makes it very hard for the staff to work in a good environment.

Staffed too low.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
fast paced multi cultural environment
Critical Care Float Pool Nurse (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 3, 2018
I was in the critical care float pool and worked between ER & ICU. This was a contractual job (in house agency). I had to mess into each unit I was assigned to which could at times be a challenge.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
constantly changing assignments
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 27, 2018
Amazing Director of Pain Management
Mon-Fri. 8am- 4:30 pm typical day of work
Diverse workplace
Experienced and knowledgeable mentors
Patients most enjoyable part of job
Internship
Surgical Technologist Internship (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 22, 2018
I had a good experience at Holy Cross for my internship. I spent two weeks with the individuals in Sterile Processing. I thought that this was great because it helps the Surgical Technologist with identifying the instruments, why they are used and in what specialty. It also teaches the Surgical Technologist how to identify when something is not working properly with any given instrument. Working in Central Processing for two weeks showed me that there are several departments and individuals that help make each surgical case successful.
Pros
Great environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holy Cross Health. Our community is ready to answer.