Holy Cross Health Employee Reviews

Managment does not care about nurses situation
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDNovember 30, 2018
I had requested to work nights as I had just had a baby and did not have childcare nor was comfortable with daycare in one so young. I spoke with my supervisor and she said it was fine. I started on nights after maternity leave and the supervisor left because she was being worked too hard and had too many responsibilities and was being stretched too thin. Anyway come to find out she never changed my work status to nights and I was still rotational. New management said I had to work days because they were short, I explained my situation and they said they did not care and to put my baby in daycare. They put me on days without my knowledge and long story short tried to write me up and turn me into the bad guy. Got out of there quick! Compensation is fine but GOOD nurses are worked harder than the below average ones because "they can handle the stress". Not worth it. Also day shift ALWAYS has 6 patients on a tele floor! Unsafe!
Poor Senior Leadership
Management (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 27, 2018
Micromanagement is high within the organization. Leadership lacks experience. Pay is fair in most positions. Benefits are great. Poor work life balance. Lacks innovation on many levels.
Benefits
Cons
Senior Leadership, Micromanagement, Lack of innovation and change
It's a fun place to work
CLINICAL NURSE/CHARGE NURSE (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 14, 2018
It a very busy hospital but provider excellent learning opportunity for staff and never lack supply to do your work. Maintain just culture, management is really excellent and approachable
Pros
Employee benefits are excellent
Cons
Busy place to wrokr
Poor staffing and poor management
RN (Current Employee) –  MDJune 13, 2018
I would not recommend HCGH to any new RN. I feel that new RN education is lacking and would set up a new RN for failure. Lots of overtime, and poor staffing. Management does not back up staff, poor work life balance. Location is good for anyone living near Frederick or parts of Montgomery County.
Holy cross (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 30, 2018
Good place bad pay all it needs is a little more management and would be great.learned how to prep cook sanitize hook up drink machines helped on my communication skills it was great.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great Place to work
Emergency Preparedness Trainer (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDSeptember 16, 2018
I very much enjoyed my experience at Holy Cross. I learned much about infection control and emergency management. Unfortunately, it is a grant position and I am seeking a full time position.
Pros
Caring environment
Staff is friendly
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Holy Cross Germantown HospitalOctober 12, 2018
Staff and managers made it an easy transaction during my training when I first hired . They are friendly and helpful . I am prn therefore I don’t know about insurance benefits .
Pros
Good work environment
Friendly atmosphere
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDAugust 21, 2018
I have to say that Holy Cross Germantown was one of the friendliest hospitals that I have ever worked. My supervisor was very nice and supportive, I felt very welcomed as a new employee. Pay was ok.

That being said, because it's a new hospital, they are still working out all of their issues. The computer system is a COMPLETE BEAR! I felt overwhelmed by the EHR all the time, would have to stay after work for up 2 hours to complete my charting if I got an admission at the end of my shift frequently. Once in a while ok, but all the time is too much after 12 hours already. But that's everywhere these days.

If you choose to work here, like I said great co-workers, welcoming environment, but be prepared for frequent change as they work out their issues and possible cancelling due to fluctuating census.
Pros
Great Co-workers and supervisor
Cons
Can be short staffed at times with increase in census, documentation at this facility is overwhelming.
Good for entry level hospital experience
Surgical Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 7, 2018
Holy Cross Hospital is very good at hiring people with little to no experience at all and making the seasoned level employees train them. There is little to no career advancement and the salary is below market rate.
productive and fun
Food Services Production Representative (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 20, 2018
a typical work day is fast-paced, fun, collaborative, teamwork and very educative while dealing with patients.i have learned to be very patient with people while being very humble at the same time
Pros
friendly people
Cons
too many gossips
Overall, good place to work
Registrar II (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDJanuary 23, 2018
A typical day can go from very slow to very busy in an hour! It's better to stay busy. Management will always depend on the manager. The work culture is great. When we are short staff the work can snowball and become very stressful. The most enjoyable is when we are fully staff and everybody pulls their share of the weight!
Pros
Very diverse culture.
Cons
Management:(
Employee appretiation, good benefits
Patient Registration Representative II (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDNovember 18, 2017
Holy Cross Health is multicultural company. With our great dedication and team work our patient’s counts growing rapidly than new hire. It makes little imbalance in work place. But management carefully evaluates and takes necessary step to balance the situation. Good employee benefits makes enjoyable to work in busy, fast piece work environment.
Pros
excelent team work and good employee benefits
Cons
Patient counts growning faster than new hire.
Holy Cross
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 11, 2018
AS a professional RN nurse working at Holy cross Hospital in Postpartum unit I felt fulfilled helping patient and their children, and I always got a smile in my heart when patient come back to thank me and bring their children . Nursing is a calling, it is not a career. The reward of nursing , come from seeing patients recover and not only move on with their lives but integrate healthy meaningful changes that impact the rest of their lives.
woderful place to work at
Pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 9, 2018
The holycross hospital is a good place to work at, the team is so friendly and the workflow is not bad at all. Employee security is one of their priority and the management is good.
Pros
Free parcking, employee discount at the restaurant...
Cons
Schedule not stable, too much rotating.
Gets you by
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 6, 2017
Its a good compamy to work for, you get all holidays off and paid you get vacation and sick time off. The company is big and still growing. Benefits are improving every year. I've gotten a raise every year. The management team always has an open door to talk to if you have any concerns. They save your job for 30 days guarantee if you have some kind of family emergency or you need to leave temporarily.
Pros
Good benefits, yearly raise, open to overtime hours
Cons
Working outside in different weather conditions. Too easy.
learned a great deal
LPN (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 13, 2014
I enjoyed working the people at Holy Cross. My position was not one where there was room for advancement, though. Overall, the benefits and working conditions were great. I had some really great managers, too. The hardest part of the job was the volume we had in the triage unit of L&D, but the most enjoyable part was that I went to there everyday to do what I loved and worked with very good people. The pay could have been more competitive, but working conditions are far more important when you want longevity, than the pay. I left because of personal reasons outside of work and really miss working there.
Pros
good benefits and hours
Cons
so busy that sometimes you miss lunch and hardly ever get breaks
Good work place to get you in the door.
In House Transport (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 14, 2014
The work load is uncontrollable. Working as a transporter can be a bit stressful at times. The job is fairly easy to do. The management is good but could need some improvement. Co-workers are not working together but at there own pace meaning fast or slow. You will be working years before being promoted to any position. The benefits are good depending on weather you are full time, part time, or prn. Nice place to work with people of many cultures.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, cafe food is pretty pricey with discount included, work place never closed rain snow or shine you must be there. No union
great place to advance career
RN (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 13, 2018
worked with amazing staff. Many programs and resources to help advance nursing education. Utilized tuition assistance program and loan reimbursement program.
Holy Cross Germantown Hospital
Surgical Services Charge Analyst (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDApril 6, 2018
Extremely poor management

The staff are fantastic but because there is poor management/leadership, it makes it very hard for the staff to work in a good environment.

Staffed too low.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Wonderful place to work
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 19, 2018
I have the pleasure of working with a dedicated group of physicians, nurses, MA's, social workers & managers that truly care about caring for the community and those in need.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Benefits could be better